PDA

View Full Version : cale's overdue thankyou!

Pimpstixs
12-10-2004, 08:52 PM
I would like to start out by saying how thankful Amy and I are to be so fortunate to have friends like Kyle, Deana and new friends Rich and Robin. Their vision to do something special has really touched our lives.
Learning my way around this computer has been more difficult than learning to walk with one leg. KPHayes probably didn’t tell you that I have been a bit lacking in my 20th century computer skills. And thus far, I have gotten away with it. So sorry it has taken way too long to get this letter out to all of you who deserved this thank you!!! P.S. if it weren’t for Kyle’s bathroom project I could have been quicker. :)
Let me give you all a quick update on my situation. Many years ago I was diagnosed with a form of cancer which attacked my femur. Radiation and chemo were the standard treatment at the time. Unfortunately, the radiation caused a second tumor which was aggressive and had done irreparable damage to my leg and thus amputation was the only option. Our spirits are high and a new leg will soon be built (not waterproof though).
Over the years as I was in remission, I have spent countless hours, days and sometimes even weeks donating my time to few charities which were close to me, namely a little summer camp for kids with cancer. Never did I expect myself to be back in their shoes again. It just amazes me of the generosity you have shown. To open your wallet for a fellow boater just because a few good people asked for some help is a blessing that I will return someday.
As for now, I have just finished round one of a six month chemo session With a little luck I will be recovering on our sandbar this summer on the chain-o-lakes. I look forward to meeting everyone if the opportunity arises, so keep your eyes peeled for the man on the Pimpstixs!
We truly thank each and everyone of you that made this all possible,
Cale and Amy
and Otis too!

switchin'addiction
12-10-2004, 08:57 PM
Cale & Amy I have followed your story on this board & let me be one of the first to say "It's about damn time you started posting".......seriously, glad to see you make it on the board. Look forward to chatting with you. :D

Racer277
12-10-2004, 09:01 PM
Hey! Great to hear from you!
Now, put your goggles on tight, fasten your seat belt, and enjoy the ride.... :rollside:

kphayes
12-10-2004, 09:02 PM
Well look what the cat dragged in. :D
I'm glad you finally showed up in here. I think everybody was beginning to think you were imaginary. They were going to get the rope and come find me.
Welcome Cale!
Kyle

jdf
12-10-2004, 09:03 PM
dude you need something ask us we will help bambam if i need to come out and hold you hand i will be there

Mrs.Racer277
12-10-2004, 09:08 PM
Welcome to the jungle Cale and Amy. Glad you could finally join us. :D :D

Kachina26
12-10-2004, 09:08 PM
Awesome, welcome to the boards! You are an inspiration to me. Just what I've heard about your attitude toward your situation amazes me. Thanx for getting on with us, now sit back and enjoy the ride. If you need any help at all with posting or whatever, just ask.
Randy

Kindsvater Flat
12-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Glad things are well. I had a friend in high school that lost his leg. He had the most fun with it. The best one was the fake blood and the sub teacher in shop class. We held him in the drill press and drilled a hole in it. Yes we were all suspended but it was so worth it.

12-10-2004, 10:04 PM
Cale, welcome to the boards weve been waitin for ya :D
2440, Gary
force 26

Mrs CP 19
12-10-2004, 10:09 PM
I didn't have the chance to follow your story, but WOW, your first post was a great one. Welcome! Jill

Kilrtoy
12-10-2004, 10:33 PM
WELOCME ABOARD
Glad you have that computer and hopefully we will see you again this upcoming year in havasu
MIGUEL AND YVONNE :D

RiverKitty
12-11-2004, 12:12 AM
Cale, & Amy,
Woo Hoo!!! You're finally here!!! :D :D :D
Although we have never met...yet, you already feel like old friends. :chi: You've been in our hearts for quite sometime.
Now that you're on board, be prepared to become addicted! LOL!! Yes, it's true. You've inherited an entire second on-line family!!! :clover:
The water is pretty smooth most of the time but can become a bit rough on occasion. Just throw on your life jackets and you'll be just fine! :wink:
Welcome Aboard!!!
Cheers ~RiverKitty :D

FRENCHIE
12-11-2004, 12:32 AM
welcome, welcome form the French's!!!! :D ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-11-2004, 09:08 AM
welcome aboard we are glad you finally made it here.. we look forward to seeing you here more often,. xoxoxo's :cool: :smile:

redneckgirl
12-11-2004, 09:16 AM
Welcome to HB Cale & Amy!!!! I am glad you finally made it !!!! :cool:
RNG

essexjet
12-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Welcome Cale!! Now start posting:) this place will put a smile on your face and take you mind off of the world for a few minutes. Enjoy

DryHeatOnly
12-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Welcome to the board Cale and Amy. :cool:
We hope you join us often. :cool: :cool:
DHO

cola
12-12-2004, 12:30 PM
Welcome to the board, enjoy.
Mike&Kim :D

JustMVG
12-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Welcome To the Liquid Jungle, glad to see you here Cale, and that you're doing much better, keep on posting, and hope you guys have a great Holiday Season.
Mike VG

JustMVG
12-12-2004, 01:08 PM
KPHayes, absolutely a great job, and great thing you did getting us all together for a great cause!!! You have a great friend there Cale, but you already knew that :D
Way to go Kim.