PDA

View Full Version : Kicked Off Lake Mohave Today!!!

Sanger D
12-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Was wiggin out ,so went to the lake to scratch the itch and got tossed out.Scotty took his blown cole and I took the ole flatty,he made a pass and 2 wet behind the ears rangers came out and said "you guys are too loud".And she asked, and I quote," do you have bevells in your pipes?",YES,she said bevells,2young females about 23 to 25yrs old,ones lookin up the law in a little hand book while the others askin if we,ve got BEVELLS in our exhaust.it was around 10:30 am,not a soul on the water,and these 2 duck eggs come out like they,ve never seen a boat before and tell us to leave,CLASSIC!!SOOO,now we cant even run on the federal water.just a couple of months ago I could run all damn day,fast and as loud asI wanted,now,in the middle of winter we cant even run on a lake with 400+ miles of shoreline in the middle of nowhere.this is tragick!!I,m sorry but this is out of hand ,this law sucks and so does anyone who agrees with it or inforces it,because this is were its lead.not even in open water,hope your happy winers who inforce and complain.This was a sad day in the boating community,"rivers now this"AASSSS.So we cant run at parker,cant run any where thats NOT indian land and NOW we cant run on the lakes in mead national park.Whats funny is the law inforcement agencies all have different opinions and #,s of dcb,s in witch to govern the noise law with.I,ve been told by 4,and I quote 4 DIFFERENT officers that said" 1-86DCB,s 2- 89DCB,s 3-94DCB,s and 4th said today 82 DCB,s SO what the f@#!k is it!!!!.I guess it does,nt matter anyway cause if they think its too loud,then it,s too loud.Welcome to natzi water wonderland!!!OH WELL, see ya all at needles after the new year ,"if they don,t shut that down by then" LUV YA ALL AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILYS,remember,JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON.

bordsmnj
12-12-2004, 10:00 PM
that is just friggin sad. i'm picturing that scene in my mind and it makes me mad. it makes me want to do something crazy. :burningm: :mad:

WaterBox
12-13-2004, 09:27 AM
That Sucks Big One's... :( And probably so does the 23 and 25 year old. You should have told them, No these Pipes don't have Bevells in them, These Pipes have VARIABLE DISSEMINATORS in them which are much, much better than BEVELLS, And are Coast Gard approved, And emit 99% less Deification than Bevells do.. :rollside: Pulled out your own little book, overwhelming them with double talk, & Baffeling them with Bull shit till they went home :cry:.... :D :D

Squirtin Thunder
12-13-2004, 10:09 AM
Was one of those girls real wide in the hips ??? With brown hair ???
Did they test you ??? Or just go by there untrained ear ???
Your not kicked off permantly btw ???? They will not even remember you. Alll you had to say was well yes your floating in it. And then get real techy on them. Like these are special custom made proto type headers that are in the works for the new laws and we are working on the valving of the gates so that all the boaters willl meat the new 2005 laws. And I bet they would have said well thank you and been on there way.
Jim
BTW- I always run baffels to avoid problems like that.

jackpunx
12-13-2004, 10:48 AM
I have the same experience every winter.. And I wonder what happened every time.. I think its that there are no other boats out there.. You would be surprised how loud one boat is vs. the drone of a lake full of them. They have know reference..
Pisses me off to no end.. the cop asks me first .. Do you know how fast you are going?.. and do you know how loud your boat is?.. I reply.. Well.. Yes.. I do.. and yes I do.. but im one of 3 boats on the lake.. and its not to often that I get some safe space to run the boat a little..
So they kick me off the lake.. and tell me that the snowbirds complain and I should just pack it up..
There are some local lakes that don’t bother me and they are under manned as far as cops or lifeguards...So we fool around on them.. and then the river..but the snow birds complain there too..

lucky
12-13-2004, 10:52 AM
i would have asked them to take a ride with me - get them in the middle of the lake and show em your beveled pipe !!! i'm sure they would leave you alone after that ... lmao

cyclone
12-13-2004, 12:31 PM
Here's the skinny on the new law. As of january 2005, if your boat was built prior to 1993 it must idle at 90 db or below. If your boat was built after 1993 then it must idle at less than 88 db. The March 2005 issue of Hot Boat Magazine will have a detailed article on the new law and a test of most of the available mufflers on the market.

roostwear
12-13-2004, 12:35 PM
Mufflers? What are those? :D

superdave013
12-13-2004, 12:37 PM
Mufflers? What are those? :D
the things that keep you from getting kicked off mohave :idea:

roostwear
12-13-2004, 12:48 PM
A little wind chop keeps me off Mohave, plus the blazing Briggs and Stratton-like power I produce doesn't create much noise! Maybe when my boat grows up I'll have to deal with it. :D

Squirtin Thunder
12-13-2004, 01:05 PM
Maybe we can see if we can get kicked off Lake Mohave Mike when you come out. I do have those things in my pipes and H2O.
Jim

Sanger D
12-13-2004, 07:51 PM
I did ask her if she wanted to go for a ride"I,m kinda smart assy like that " but she was too scared.She had that just pumped the neighbors cat look on her face!!.I tried tellin her that mead doesnt care about noise or speed,they DO NOT inforce either one, but she acted like she was gonna go get her dcb gun,then we,ed have gotten a ticket for sure!!!.We can run if we get BAFFLES so its not that we,re 86ed for good but still sucked cause I dont have the coin for any baff. right now."being x mas and all,at least she did,nt write us up and scott got to make a couple of passes,"on the water that is",but theres nothin like gettin told something from someone who does,nt know there ass from a hole in the ground!.Harold kindsvater told me in a phone call that we can run on any body of water 1 week before any marine sanctioned event, I guess he battled this crap for years and ended up schooling most authorities on the subject.He said to get the U.S coast gaurd law book and all the loop holes are in it!!. the big book not the little one they hand out.so I,m gonna go and try and aquire it and see if MAYBE theres something we can use.they don,t teach the officers everything you know ,just what they need to inforce with little to no altercation.Any way, you never know ,its worth a try if can give us a little window around these illiterate commies."oops sorry did that sound bitter?".HAPPY HOLIDAYS PEOPLE Sanger D :D

Floored
12-14-2004, 04:01 PM
Don't feel bad, I got rousted at Katherines in 1973 for noise in a flattie with baffles.idling away from the launch ramp. it took you 31 years longer to get caught. congrats!!