PDA

View Full Version : Honda Valley

THOR
12-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Anyone ever ride at Honda valley just North of Lake Silverwood? This place is the bomb for some technical off road shiatt.

boatnam2
12-13-2004, 08:52 AM
i use to ride from my house to it.great riding. there is a bar on teh back road to silverwood ,i would get up and haul ass across the desert to the bar on sundays to watch football.i was there about 4 years ago and heard they were giving tickets the entrances were barricaded.

BLOWN HOWARD
12-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Honda Valley is some good riding, Lots of rocks.

THOR
12-13-2004, 09:46 AM
I hit all but two of them.

life's a river
12-13-2004, 10:11 AM
Honda Valley is the best. I heard they were giving tickets out there now. Has anybody been to the Joshua Tree Inn (Bar)? Is it still there?
LAR

Tom Slick
12-13-2004, 10:54 AM
When it rains and the dirt is wet, you will find me at Honda Valley everytime. Was just up there last Saturday. Lets hook up next time it rains. I have some cool trails, tracks and jumps out there that you guys will love. :mix:

Brian Ray
12-13-2004, 10:56 AM
I grow up in Hesperia...they've been giving tickets for years. They just have to catch you first. I used to Mt. bike ride out there quite a bit. Ty Davis, Eudro racer has some tracks that are out there....I use to see a lot of the MX manufactuers out testing....Ton's of trails.

THOR
12-13-2004, 11:02 AM
When it rains and the dirt is wet, you will find me at Honda Valley everytime. Was just up there last Saturday. Lets hook up next time it rains. I have some cool trails, tracks and jumps out there that you guys will love. :mix:
I was out there last Saturday too. I was riding my Cr 250 with 4 other guys. One KX 500, one CR 500 and two YZ 426s. Did a ton of hill climbing. Huge hills but really rutted out.

THOR
12-13-2004, 11:03 AM
I grow up in Hesperia...they've been giving tickets for years. They just have to catch you first. I used to Mt. bike ride out there quite a bit. Ty Davis, Eudro racer has some tracks that are out there....I use to see a lot of the MX manufactuers out testing....Ton's of trails.
Ty was supposed to meet us out there, but he couldnt make it.

Brian Ray
12-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Ty was supposed to meet us out there, but he couldnt make it.
That's too bad....Is he still riding for "Team Green"...I remember years ago the one time I went to his house he had bikes everywhere.....He has a cool track at his house right out the front door.
He used to race downhill mt. bikes for Foes....this was years ago. Went on a few rides that he came out to and it was fun to try and ride the same lines he would take....

Brian Ray
12-13-2004, 11:42 AM
I was out there last Saturday too. I was riding my Cr 250 with 4 other guys. One KX 500, one CR 500 and two YZ 426s. Did a ton of hill climbing. Huge hills but really rutted out.
Thor,
Have you ever started at the top of the Cajon Pass....there's a AM/PM as you exit. There's a single track that descends down to the railroad tracks....it's extremely rutted out!! I've descended down it on my Mt. bike...I couldn't image going down it on a MX bike. Word is...Ty made it years ago.

Kachina26
12-13-2004, 11:58 AM
I live right around the corner from there, don't get caught. They run helicopters and all that out there. That's why I quit going. :(

BALLSDEEP
12-13-2004, 12:10 PM
Anyone ever ride at Honda valley just North of Lake Silverwood? This place is the bomb for some technical off road shiatt.
Where exactly is this place, how do you get there and can you camp?

THOR
12-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Thor,
Have you ever started at the top of the Cajon Pass....there's a AM/PM as you exit. There's a single track that descends down to the railroad tracks....it's extremely rutted out!! I've descended down it on my Mt. bike...I couldn't image going down it on a MX bike. Word is...Ty made it years ago.
We exited just as you pass over Cajon at the summit inn. Right at that am/pm and about 2 miles east and one mile south. Big valleys with monster, rutted hills to climb.

THOR
12-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Where exactly is this place, how do you get there and can you camp?
No camping really. I just go out for the day. I live in Huntington and it takes me about an hour and 15 minutes to get out there in the early morning and the afternoon depends on traffic. But, it is awesome day riding with easy access.

THOR
12-13-2004, 02:55 PM
I live right around the corner from there, don't get caught. They run helicopters and all that out there. That's why I quit going. :(
Kachina. We park under the power lines, but we never, ever, go into fenced off areas. We obey all those areas. Is it illegal to ride in the area we are talking about (half way from Silverwood to hwy 15)?

boatnam2
12-13-2004, 03:32 PM
thor you are way on the side.the part i rode in is just past the airport on c street.i lived a c and cactus so i would just jump into the wash that runs right into honda valley.last time i was there they were building homes out into the riding area on the bluffs.

Kachina26
12-13-2004, 03:49 PM
Kachina. We park under the power lines, but we never, ever, go into fenced off areas. We obey all those areas. Is it illegal to ride in the area we are talking about (half way from Silverwood to hwy 15)?
I never went in that way, I rode just south of summit valley road near C Ave. The area north of Summit Valley Road (which sounds like where you are) might be legal, but I doubt it. I was chased by a CHP once, I acted like I didn't see him and just kept on going! I quit riding there the day they had the Sherrifs Helicopter out and a bunch of cops on enduros. Way too expensive.

beer hunter
12-13-2004, 03:53 PM
I used to ride my CR500 there all the time...nice little MX tracks, road jumps, etc. :D

ahhell
12-13-2004, 04:00 PM
hesperia (http://www.ci.hesperia.ca.us/article.cfm?id=288)
Hesperia has got to big and thinks that a couple dirt bikes will stir up alot of dust....I live on a dirt road in the middle of town...you wanna see dust, the 18 wheeler up the street causes a fog :angry2:

THOR
12-13-2004, 04:10 PM
I never went in that way, I rode just south of summit valley road near C Ave. The area north of Summit Valley Road (which sounds like where you are) might be legal, but I doubt it. I was chased by a CHP once, I acted like I didn't see him and just kept on going! I quit riding there the day they had the Sherrifs Helicopter out and a bunch of cops on enduros. Way too expensive.
I doubt the sheriffs on bikes are faster than the racers out there practicing.
How much is the ticket? I may not be going back there for a little while. :idea:

THOR
12-13-2004, 04:12 PM
I used to ride my CR500 there all the time...nice little MX tracks, road jumps, etc. :D
What year is your 500 BH?

Community
12-13-2004, 04:14 PM
There are a few staging areas up there - I think they were closed last year because of the fires. You can ride those roads/trails from Arrowhead to Silverwood. We bought the Adventure Pass from USFS. We take the 15 north to the same exit to go back to Mountain High but we go east instead - its up about 10 miles or so on the left.

Kachina26
12-13-2004, 04:36 PM
I doubt the sheriffs on bikes are faster than the racers out there practicing.
How much is the ticket? I may not be going back there for a little while. :idea:
Any experienced rider will kick my as$ and I'm sure none of ya'll can outrun a helicopter. I hear the ticket is a couple of hundred. There are legal areas nearby, just not what I know to be Honda Valley :(

THOR
12-13-2004, 04:45 PM
Any experienced rider will kick my as$ and I'm sure none of ya'll can outrun a helicopter. I hear the ticket is a couple of hundred. There are legal areas nearby, just not what I know to be Honda Valley :(
From what I hear, HV is fenced off now. We road to the fence but not in. Have you ever ridden the trail by the stream? Fun

Kachina26
12-13-2004, 04:56 PM
No, I haven't. I've only ridden out by C Ave, and points south. I did go west one time along the RR tracks until I got to Sante Fe's secured area. They fenced that in after the big derailment in 90 something.