PDA

View Full Version : Referral to another board for Home Audio

boxscore
12-13-2004, 09:39 AM
I'll take all the advice I can find here... but where can I find another message board for home theater/automation/structured wiring info? We're building a new custom home. Ready to break ground in about 3 mos.

ROZ
12-13-2004, 10:13 AM
What do you want to know?
For Whole house/automation:
Homerun = central location where all whole house equiptment and wire begin...
From a homerun , wire every room with CAT5, digital coax, and 16/4 speakerwire where ever a computer or tv may go. From the same home run, run CAT5 and 16/4 speaker wire to every location a volume control or access pad may go. From each control location, run CAT5 and 16/4 to the locations that inwall/ceiling speakers may go.
Run a dedicated home theater...

boxscore
12-13-2004, 10:30 AM
Gonna do all that... but what about touch pad brands, crestron , elan?...everyone (installers) seems to tout their own products and bad-mouth the others... I want to run T-stats, alarm, lighting, house audio, etc from touch screens throughout the house.

ROZ
12-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Gonna do all that... but what about touch pad brands, crestron , elan?...everyone (installers) seems to tout their own products and bad-mouth the others... I want to run T-stats, alarm, lighting, house audio, etc from touch screens throughout the house.
I've sold Elan, it's limited...Crestron's funtions are almost unlimited... There is anothe company called Control4 that is suppose to provide the functionality of Crestron, but costs a little less.. We do Elan is Cali, Elan and Crestron in Az., and will be doing Crestron and Control4 in Vegas...
The Crestron will allow you to heat you Jacuzzi to 103, reset the house temp to 78, set your low level light your house entrance, and set your music to smooth jazz 98.1 .... Via telephone from your car on your way home from a play....

THE BOSTON SIDEWINDER
12-15-2004, 03:07 PM
Ohhhhh Modern Science...bill.

WetWillie
12-17-2004, 08:55 PM
My company does network cabling and AV. We are a Crestron dealer and like ROZ said the options are really endless. Really just depends on what you want to do? A Crestron system can control just about anything. (Lights, Drop screens, Contact closers and any device that talks serial, Etc , Endless)
We typically do Commericial only but I would consider doing a "New" residence that could be prewired in advance.
www.tekworkscomm.com the site is in the process of being redone with all of the AV info..

Evo22
12-18-2004, 08:08 PM
we have used the control4 stuff on a recent job and it seems to be pretty cool and like roz said it is less than the crestron stuff.....what's the stats on the house????

boxscore
12-20-2004, 09:55 AM
what's the stats on the house????
I'm in the Palm SPrings area (Bermuda Dunes). 4600 sq' new custom contemporary home. Drawing are at the engineer right now. I'm hoping to break ground in 6 mos. Intercoms, house sound, t-stats, programmed lighting, pool controls, all from touch screens in each room

ROZ
12-20-2004, 10:45 AM
If Bill is willing to give the residential side a try, I'd go fir it... His background and company specialize intricate systems. If his guys know Creston like the back of their hand, you won't have any problems in the future....