PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Light Displays

JustMVG
12-13-2004, 01:39 PM
Who has a Favorite place to go look at lights, an area or street, we have been to the RED HILL area of Rancho Cucamonga and the whole neighborhood gets in on the fun and the lights and displays are great but we are looking for other spots like that in the Ontario/Fontana, Rancho/Pomona area but just want to see what you guys have to offer up.
Thanks MVG

1stepcloser
12-13-2004, 01:47 PM
Walnut and San Antonio in Chino. Several streets in the neighborhood get in on the fun, big crowds, fun to go on weekdays, less traffic.

ROZ
12-13-2004, 02:13 PM
South San Diego has Candy Cane Lane in Chula vista.
East SD County has Pepper Lane in Santee
Central SD County near Ted Williams pkwy and 15 has an area near Mt Carmel High School.
Del Mar has The Fair Grounds
Wild Animal Park has Holiday Lights
I have no idea where North SD County has to go to check out a neighborhood of lights...
There's a nut case on Knob Hill in San Marcos who has a TON of lights on his property.. Hannah has to see it a couple times a week it's so cool...

MsDrmr
12-13-2004, 02:18 PM
up on thurobred (sp) and carnellian in Alta Loma, oh man blocks and blocks and blocks of constant lights..We used to go to chino, but they stopped doing it as well as they used too :cry:

RiverOtter
12-13-2004, 02:45 PM
Whew! These took me a couple of days to put up :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1849IMG_0870.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1849IMG_0871.JPG

MsDrmr
12-13-2004, 02:59 PM
the pics did not come out very well, buy wow, only a couple days :supp:

RiverOtter
12-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Osborn Lights at Disney World on day after Thanksgiving. :D Not good pics.

JustMVG
12-13-2004, 05:13 PM
We do the Carnelian thing and have for years but it's all the same stuff, the best year was whern there was guy selling tamales right there at his house, and the kids that were selling hot cocoa, it's kind of lost it's luster over the years, still nice but got boring last year, there are some just a block south of Sierra and Armstrong, about a block or so of houses but they really do it up.
MVG

76BARRON
12-13-2004, 05:32 PM
up on thurobred (sp) and carnellian in Alta Loma, oh man blocks and blocks and blocks of constant lights..We used to go to chino, but they stopped doing it as well as they used too :cry:
I think that the one being refered to as carnelian is the same one as SAPPHIRE & THOROUGHBRED it about a 1/4 mile north of the 210 FWY and about 1/4 west of carnelien but there may be others around that area as well as it tends to spread to other blocks!

Havasu_Dreamin
12-13-2004, 05:40 PM
I know it's not in the area you asked about, but in Hastings Ranch, over by Pasadena, all of the streets, easily 20-30, of them decorate. Each street has the same general theme, such as Candy Canes, or Santa Clause, or reindeer. It's really great to go see. We went every year when I was a kid and I remember all of the streets being packed.

JustMVG
12-13-2004, 07:39 PM
Havasu Dreamin, yeah when i lived in Burbank as kid we'd go to the "Christmas tree lane" or whatever it was called then, it was neat, there is also a spot out in Canoga park near Serrania and another close to Canoga off of the 101 thats real neat nice to walk thru.
Sapphire and Thoroughbred , thats the spot, it's gotten too big and when the police started having you go in 1 direction and then you had to leave and then get back in that longa&& line, thats when we started looking for other places. 76Barron, have you been up there this year yet?
MVG

coolchange
12-13-2004, 08:40 PM
Get your hot chocolate and take this tour (http://www.planetchristmas.us/ShowingOff2004.htm)

JustMVG
12-13-2004, 09:07 PM
That was neat!!!, took the laptop and put it in the Truck and we felt like we had just gone across the US looking at lights!!! Thanks Coolchange!!!!
Nice link ,MVG

coolchange
12-13-2004, 09:46 PM
That was neat!!!, took the laptop and put it in the Truck and we felt like we had just gone across the US looking at lights!!! Thanks Coolchange!!!!
Nice link ,MVG
LMAO!

upsman105
12-13-2004, 10:18 PM
they are pressing charges against a guy in phx area for putting up his display, bothers the neighbors.

JustMVG
12-13-2004, 10:22 PM
they are pressing charges against a guy in phx area for putting up his display, bothers the neighbors.
Neighbors !!! BAH HUMBUG!!!! :burningm:

upsman105
12-13-2004, 10:29 PM
Neighbors !!! BAH HUMBUG!!!! :burningm:
thats everybodys immediate reaction, but imagine not being able to leave your house at night because the traffic in front of it is like freeway rush hour, plus he played his music (loud) till ten, try putting your kids to bed at 8:30,, and the trash to clean up every morning.....theres a lot more involved than just pretty lights.

RiverRatMike
12-14-2004, 12:22 AM
this is my favorite place!
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8394&stc=1

JustMVG
12-14-2004, 12:31 AM
thats everybodys immediate reaction, but imagine not being able to leave your house at night because the traffic in front of it is like freeway rush hour, plus he played his music (loud) till ten, try putting your kids to bed at 8:30,, and the trash to clean up every morning.....theres a lot more involved than just pretty lights.
You know i always wonder how the neighbors put up with that year after year..... my neighbors get angry when i am playing my drums at noon, so i play a little harder and louder than some folks sorry, but that aside, you'd think the guy would ask his fellow neighbors what would be ok with them and not ok....seems like a logical thing to do, rather than become the Neighborhood Nazi that everyone bags on no matter what.... MVG

FRENCHIE
12-14-2004, 06:08 AM
Who has a Favorite place to go look at lights, an area or street, we have been to the RED HILL area of Rancho Cucamonga and the whole neighborhood gets in on the fun and the lights and displays are great but we are looking for other spots like that in the Ontario/Fontana, Rancho/Pomona area but just want to see what you guys have to offer up.
Thanks MVG
redhill is nice thats where i had my wedding reception!!! Check out chino for lights...for several blocks...this is the hotspot and we usually go every year!! :D

Miss BK
12-14-2004, 09:51 AM
This guy gets the award for resourcefulness :)
Must be in one of the hurricane damaged states....
http://www.planetchristmas.us/2004Submissions/KHall.jpg

Debbolas
12-14-2004, 09:53 AM
My sister in law lives up on Thoroughbred and it's fun to go to her house and then ride around in the golf cart. They have a fire pit out front and buy lights each year. We may go this Saturday. :D

MsDrmr
12-14-2004, 10:01 AM
I think that the one being refered to as carnelian is the same one as SAPPHIRE & THOROUGHBRED it about a 1/4 mile north of the 210 FWY and about 1/4 west of carnelien but there may be others around that area as well as it tends to spread to other blocks!
yes, thats it...I am sorry, I have lived in this area all my life and have learned to drive by site/memory, not street names.. :frown:
Thanks for the correct info.

JustMVG
12-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Debb if you guys decide to go up on Sat, let me know and we could meet up if youd like. We take the kids up at least once during the season. Be nice to stop by and say hi.
MikeVG

Havasu_Dreamin
12-14-2004, 03:45 PM
Ok, I can handle neighbors being pissed about the music. But how can he be charged with anything when all he did was decorate his house? Do you need permits?