PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Need a good wall guy in Havasu

rvrhlic
12-14-2004, 10:24 AM
Does anyone know a good wall company in Havasu? Not sure if we are going to go block or aluminum so anyone you know would be helpful. Tried calling a few from the phone book but no one has returned a call.
Thanks for the information.
Riverholic

imbndvs
12-14-2004, 10:42 AM
Joe Vatela, he did my wall. good price and he showed up when he said and did what he said. GREAT guy.

H20Advantage
12-14-2004, 10:51 AM
DON'T USE ANDRE at COLORADO RIVER MASONRY. He was scheduled to do a small wall for me and then gave me lip service for two months that the job would get done and then completely bailed. Even on the day they were forming the patio and he was supposed to set a couple of blocks I spoke with him at least four times and he told me he was on his way over. NO SHOW and left me in a predicament.
I am not the first person he has done this too :burningm: .

franky
12-14-2004, 11:40 AM
Joe Vitello is the Neiman Marcos of wall guys, good work, shows up on time, busts it out but you WILL pay bucks. Ted at Cutting Edge Masonry, good price, tell him Frank sent you. It will take some time to schedule but good work and GREAT price. If he doesn't call back PM me. I can give you his standard prices if I knew height and if it is retainer or free standing. I can meet him and go over what you want if needed. Wall guys are busy.

Outnumbered
12-14-2004, 01:25 PM
Will he go to Kingman? My bro-in-law is looking for a block wall guy there. He is ready to roll, just can't find any good people out there that are not booked.
Thanks

Havasu_Dreamin
12-14-2004, 02:32 PM
Vatella did our retaining wall that was required as part of building the house. Did a superb job. We later added a wall around the backyard and had him bid on it and it was WAY expensive. We ended up going with Steelite and saved about $5k.

Ivan Dan
12-14-2004, 07:45 PM
One of my best friends Jason Lee (928) 486-5787 has a blockwall company in Havasu called Another Block Company (ABC) . He did the block wall at our house up there and you guys are more than welcome to cruise by the pad and check it out. Call (714) 746-4496 or PM me for details. He did an AMAZING job and was cheaper than anyone else we found including some of the above mentioned names. We had a hell of a time finding someone that would actually show up just for a quote though. Do yourself a favor atleast give Jason a chance to bid the job. Super guy and you definitely won't be disappointed.

havasuoldie
12-14-2004, 07:47 PM
I heard Cutting Edge is good. I too have also heard Joe Vitela is pretty expensive. Use YOUR OWN judgement. Word of mouth & former customers are your best bet. Regarding the reply you got on Colorado River Masonry. Well you just can't please everybody. The way houses & walls are going up you're bound to be looking at a waiting time. Havasu has a bad rep for customer service.It's sad to hear such slanderous remarks. These guys work hard whether hot sun, wind or rain. This how these guys take care of their families ya know? GOOD LUCK!

summerlove
12-14-2004, 07:51 PM
I too need a wall guy! Any phone #'s for cutting edge and Vitello. I need two side by side homes done pretty soon and I've yet to get a call back on the ones that stopped by for a bid. I'm heading up this w/e and would like to schedule something. Thanks in advance!

Essex502
12-15-2004, 09:09 AM
I had an 80' long tapering from 8' tall to 4' retaining wall built by Larry Deermer and Lake Havasu Masonry. He did a great job but was late in meeting the schedule. Fair price compared to other quotes I received but the lateness cost me 30 days and I propably will miss getting my C.O. by year's end because of it. Will cost me about $4K is lost tax deductions. Larry explained that the rock he had to cut into was extremely hard and they had to take an inch at a time with the heavy equipment borrowed from D & R Excavation because his equipment wasn't big enough. He was about $2K less than the other firms that quoted but was late. However, I had a lot of trouble getting timely quotes from the other three firms recommended by my builder so I had no confidence that they could have built the wall any faster. If you have plenty of time I'd recommened talking to Larry Deermer but if timely is necessary go elsewhere.

Essex502
12-15-2004, 09:10 AM
I too need a wall guy! Any phone #'s for cutting edge and Vitello. I need two side by side homes done pretty soon and I've yet to get a call back on the ones that stopped by for a bid. I'm heading up this w/e and would like to schedule something. Thanks in advance!
Congrats on the sale of your house....I heard about it from a local!

voodoomedman
12-15-2004, 07:40 PM
One of my best friends Jason Lee (928) 486-5787 has a blockwall company in Havasu called Another Block Company (ABC) . He did the block wall at our house up there and you guys are more than welcome to cruise by the pad and check it out. The house is on 3510 Wallingford Lane at the south end of town. He did an AMAZING job and was cheaper than anyone else we found including some of the above mentioned names. We had a hell of a time finding someone that would actually show up just for a quote though. Do yourself a favor atleast give Jason a chance to bid the job. Super guy and you definitely won't be disappointed.
Dude you just put your vacant second home address on the internet for the world to see. I'd only put that in PM's. Maybe edit that post. Just my two cents. :)

H20Advantage
12-15-2004, 08:59 PM
Use YOUR OWN judgement. Word of mouth & former customers are your best bet. Regarding the reply you got on Colorado River Masonry. Well you just can't please everybody. The way houses & walls are going up you're bound to be looking at a waiting time. Havasu has a bad rep for customer service.It's sad to hear such slanderous remarks. These guys work hard whether hot sun, wind or rain. This how these guys take care of their families ya know? GOOD LUCK!
Havasuoldie,
See its your first and only post??? Welcome.
The word "Slander" means spreading untruths about someone. I don't normally give negative recommendations and will recommend everybody who does a good job and lives up to their word.
Now if your too busy or the job is too small tell me and I'll go elsewhere, I understand people get busy and you have to wait but that does not excuse bad business practices. Don't tell me four times in one afternoon the day before concrete is being poured that you will be over in a few minutes or your on the way and not show up or call. Especially when you have spoken to this person two months before and on several occasion during this period to follow up and they told you it would be done and should have been done previously and you are down to a deadline.
Even had April at Desert Green Nursery (and I will HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM) call him since she had referred him to me and had referred over fifteen additional jobs to him when he went out on his own. He told her he would call me as soon as he got off the phone and never did and then would not return her calls. How does it make the business owner look when people they recommend stand up clients. Needless to say she will not recommend him anymore nor will I. Is that the way you run a business and support your family??
This is also something some of us who live out of state cannot afford to deal with when dealing with a second home. Try driving three hundred miles on three different trips to find something not done which you expected to be done. Does not make for a happy camper.
A phone call only takes a few minutes and your work may be exemplary but if you are not a man of your word you can expect this type of bad recommendation or in your words "Slanderous remarks ".
I do have to say I have had pretty good experiences with everyone else I have dealt with over the past two years and will recommend them.
Sorry to go off on a tangent but bad customer service really pisses me off.

ROZ
12-15-2004, 10:28 PM
It's sad to hear such slanderous remarks. when it's written , it's called libel ;) :D

Ivan Dan
12-15-2004, 10:37 PM
Dude you just put your vacant second home address on the internet for the world to see. I'd only put that in PM's. Maybe edit that post. Just my two cents. :)
Ya you're probably right. My neighbors are super cool and always watch out for the place up there but better safe than sorry I suppose.

voodoomedman
12-15-2004, 10:42 PM
Ya you're probably right. My neighbors are super cool and always watch out for the place up there but better safe than sorry I suppose.
Yeah we just closed escrow and are going to fortress the place up. It's kind of easy to get caught up in here as it's mostly the same peeps and we all trust eachother for the most part and get along and stuff but this is the internet and everybody can see it. I would bet that tweekers in Havasu lurk around in here to see if they can get info on where people leave their big ticket items while they are away working in Cali. Just want your stuff safe. :)

Essex502
12-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Havasuoldie,
See its your first and only post??? Welcome.
The word "Slander" means spreading untruths about someone. I don't normally give negative recommendations and will recommend everybody who does a good job and lives up to their word.
Now if your too busy or the job is too small tell me and I'll go elsewhere, I understand people get busy and you have to wait but that does not excuse bad business practices. Don't tell me four times in one afternoon the day before concrete is being poured that you will be over in a few minutes or your on the way and not show up or call. Especially when you have spoken to this person two months before and on several occasion during this period to follow up and they told you it would be done and should have been done previously and you are down to a deadline.
Even had April at Desert Green Nursery (and I will HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM) call him since she had referred him to me and had referred over fifteen additional jobs to him when he went out on his own. He told her he would call me as soon as he got off the phone and never did and then would not return her calls. How does it make the business owner look when people they recommend stand up clients. Needless to say she will not recommend him anymore nor will I. Is that the way you run a business and support your family??
This is also something some of us who live out of state cannot afford to deal with when dealing with a second home. Try driving three hundred miles on three different trips to find something not done which you expected to be done. Does not make for a happy camper.
A phone call only takes a few minutes and your work may be exemplary but if you are not a man of your word you can expect this type of bad recommendation or in your words "Slanderous remarks ".
I do have to say I have had pretty good experiences with everyone else I have dealt with over the past two years and will recommend them.
Sorry to go off on a tangent but bad customer service really pisses me off.
Here, here! Agree 100% with your remarks. You're a HERO or a ZERO depending on how you set your customer's expectations. I say that to every tradesman that I've worked with. That way they know where they stand with me right from the beginning.