PDA

View Full Version : Finally

JEFF-N-MICHELLE
12-14-2004, 11:22 PM
Well its been awhile since i have posted been real busy with court and trying to get full custody of my 14 year old son but after 1 1/2 of his wanting to and 8 months of court bullshit he is finally home,And damn i was so excited i forgot to ask for the child support to be reduced but at least he is where he wants to be....damn sometimes the court does listen to a childs request to live with dad.Lets here it for the single dads....

Eliminator 4 Life
12-14-2004, 11:24 PM
Congratulations on your victory :D

essexjet
12-14-2004, 11:24 PM
Well its been awhile since i have posted been real busy with court and trying to get full custody of my 14 year old son but after 1 1/2 of his wanting to and 8 months of court bullshit he is finally home,And damn i was so excited i forgot to ask for the child support to be reduced but at least he is where he wants to be....damn sometimes the court does listen to a childs request to live with dad.Lets here it for the single dads....
Congrats!! and just in time for the holidays.

BarryMac
12-15-2004, 06:12 AM
Congratulations Man, that is Awesome. They should always take the Childs feelings into consideration, sounds like in your case they did...

Desert Rat
12-15-2004, 06:50 AM
Fought and got my boy at age 6 that was 16 years ago. His mom had major baggage and decided not to contest it in court. He graduates from CSUN this June. I have posted about his charity work on this forum. I am damn proud of him. Congradulations i'm happy for you and your son. It's about time the courts get some common sence and listen to the children . I feel a boy should be with his Dad but hey moms are important too.

Big_Gunz_
12-15-2004, 06:58 AM
Congrats, the courts should always listen, or at least talk with the kids before making decisions about their lifes.

September
12-15-2004, 07:07 AM
Jeff, I'm not positive about this, but I'm pretty sure YOU should be able to receive the child support now that you have obtained custody. I went through this with my daughter years ago. She wanted to live with her Dad, and at age 14, the Court lets the child decide where they want to live, so she went to live with her Dad. In the meantime, the Court ordered me to pay child support to her Dad, which I ended up having to do. I don't see why you should not have that same option/right.

OGShocker
12-15-2004, 07:17 AM
Outstanding news! Congrats!!!

diggler
12-15-2004, 07:21 AM
When I was 8 years old my father finally got custody of me. This was after four years of my parents battling. Today I'm 34. I can honestly say I am a much better person, and more well rounded psychologically and emotionally, as a result of my father's upbringing. I would be a different person had my mom raised me, even though I do still love her.

Mrs. casean
12-15-2004, 07:47 AM
Thats great news! Congrats!

LVJAKAZ
12-15-2004, 07:51 AM
Congrats!! Thats Awesome :) I wish more judges would listen to the kids. Have a great christmas with your family :)

JetBoatRich
12-15-2004, 08:02 AM
Congratulations :cool: good to hear your son will be happy as well :cool: