PDA

View Full Version : Does California

Jbb
12-15-2004, 05:03 PM
Use cameras at intersections to take a photo of your tag and mail you a ticket for running a red light..like here in Ga?

mirvin
12-15-2004, 05:04 PM
Yep. :(
mirvin :mix:

DryHeatOnly
12-15-2004, 05:05 PM
Yes. They're becoming more and more popular.

Jbb
12-15-2004, 05:05 PM
lol...Fight Back.... (http://www.phantomplate.com/main.html)

chub
12-15-2004, 05:08 PM
Huntington Beach thinks it's the next best thing to the Pacific Ocean. There all over here. :yuk: :yuk:

RiverDave
12-15-2004, 05:11 PM
Oh hell yes..
RD <--- ordering as we speak. :D

HCS
12-15-2004, 05:15 PM
A shot gun from the blind side works great.

ratso
12-15-2004, 05:36 PM
I skip the booths on the tollway all the time in Dallas...hadn't got a ticket yet. :D

Debbolas
12-15-2004, 05:38 PM
They installed one in a busy intersection in Alta Loma, Baseline and Carnelian and my neighbors (the husband and the wife) both got tickets there.....I guess they have to throw the pics out and not send tickets if they can't see your face or license clearly................. :rolleyes:

DryHeatOnly
12-15-2004, 05:44 PM
I skip the booths on the tollway all the time in Dallas...hadn't got a ticket yet. :D
I might have to try it. Our peak time toll has reached $7.00 :eek:

ratso
12-15-2004, 05:45 PM
I might have to try it. Our peak time toll has reached $7.00 :eek:
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Windy
12-15-2004, 05:47 PM
I got one driving an ambulance. :mad:

Debbolas
12-15-2004, 05:50 PM
I got one driving an ambulance. :mad:
That just doesn't seem right............... :burningm:

Kilrtoy
12-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Wow I guess honesty , integrity and self morals mean nothing to you people. Thats nice to know..... :notam:

Desert Rat
12-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Does that spray stuff really work and if it does how long does it last?

Debbolas
12-15-2004, 05:54 PM
You know, Miguel has a point, we could just "drop" his name whenever we get in "trouble" ;)

Windy
12-15-2004, 05:58 PM
That just doesn't seem right............... :burningm:
I went to court and fought it...lucky for me my wheels were on the line and the light was still yellow in the video so they dismissed it...otherwise when we are responding code 2 {no lights or sirens} we still have to obey all the laws.
It isnt always easy stoping a 4 ton ambulance...you have to make a judgement call.

ratso
12-15-2004, 06:00 PM
Wow I guess honesty , integrity and self morals mean nothing to you people. Thats nice to know..... :notam:
Morals??? I'm gonna have to look that word up... :notam:

Desert Rat
12-15-2004, 06:01 PM
And you never speed....
Didn't Orange Co cancel (for lack of a better term) alot of these kind of tickets because the cameras were timed improperetlly (sp) timed. They would take your picture on a yellow. I will NEVER put it past a city/county to screw the average Joe if it can fill their coffers. No I don't try to run reds but i also don't trust the people who set these things up either. Just my .02

Debbolas
12-15-2004, 06:02 PM
I went to court and fought it...lucky for me my wheels were on the line and the light was still yellow in the video so they dismissed it...otherwise when we are responding code 2 {no lights or sirens} we still have to obey all the laws.
It isnt always easy stoping a 4 ton ambulance...you have to make a judgement call.
Wow, you would think they would give you the benifit of the doubt, given the work you do.............. :lightsabe

ahhell
12-15-2004, 06:04 PM
I wish they would up here... i get tired of wiating for 3-6 cars turning left on the red , i jammed my truck REAL CLOSE to some dudes car the other day while im waiting to cross the intersection and the bitch in the passenger seat is flipping me off...WTF...I cant turn left on my green cuz youre running reds???

Debbolas
12-15-2004, 06:07 PM
You know that is one thing I don't miss about Fontana. :burningm:
Everyone drove soooooooooo Angry there. In Alta Loma, people actually let you get in front of them and pull out into traffic. :D

ahhell
12-15-2004, 06:09 PM
You know that is one thing I don't miss about Fontana. :burningm:
Everyone drove soooooooooo Angry there. In Alta Loma, people actually let you get in front of them and pull out into traffic. :D
Thats cuz youre all smoking cloves..... :D :D :D :D :D
See ya Sat...

Debbolas
12-15-2004, 06:13 PM
I don't smoke :eek: and I'm making you Pot Roast for Saturday night Dinner :D Do you guys want to go to Lori's to see the Christmas Lights?

shaffewm
12-15-2004, 06:15 PM
Yup...just got one in Culver City....340 stinkin, merry chrismas, bucks... :mad:

LVJAKAZ
12-15-2004, 06:19 PM
Thank God we dont have that out here in the sticks :D :D

Infomaniac
12-15-2004, 06:25 PM
They would not try that in Oklahoma. Bubba would have target practice and would cost them plenty replacing the equipment.

HM
12-15-2004, 07:06 PM
I have one of those clear covers with the same effect - you can read it straight on, but at an angle it blurs...I will have to find the web site for it...it really works!! I also got a fix it ticket for the cover, which was cool, because he could have wrote me up for 85 in a 55. The cop saw it and walked around from different angles and asked "What the hell is that?" LOL!

HM
12-15-2004, 07:14 PM
Reflective Plate Cover (http://www.specterguard.com/supersg.htm)
Check it out here....this is the one I have, and going to order a couple more for the other vehicles.

Desert Rat
12-15-2004, 07:59 PM
True but the people that set these lights up get a % of the take so the more tickets they issue the more $$ they get. This is the incentive to set the cameras to go off alittle early.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-15-2004, 09:34 PM
I don't have a front license plate on my car! Nyahhh! You'll never catch me, coppas!!

DryHeatOnly
12-15-2004, 09:41 PM
Ughh. The guilt!! :frown:

DryHeatOnly
12-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Three word posts!!! :2purples:

DryHeatOnly
12-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Now I'm doomed!!! :jawdrop:

Scream
12-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Ok, I don't want to appear to be making a judgment call, especially when a few forum members seem to relish in the thought of challenging the yellow light...however, would the use of the product be enough to prove intent in the event the "user" does in fact run a red light and totals a car, hurts someone or God forbid, Kill someone? :idea:
I'm just asking mind you. I'm not big on running red lights, although I have done so in my day (I'm no angel)... :devil:

ROZ
12-15-2004, 10:16 PM
One of the local news stations did a report on the photoshield, it didn't work... I don't know about the spray though...

ROZ
12-15-2004, 10:20 PM
I don't have a front license plate on my car! Nyahhh! You'll never catch me, coppas!!
Aropund here they photograph both front and back.. In vista they have multiple cameras throughout almost all of the intersctions... Monday night someone must have been really pissed about getting photographed; The person knocked the whole camera post down
:jawdrop:

Kilrtoy
12-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Ok, I don't want to appear to be making a judgment call, especially when a few forum members seem to relish in the thought of challenging the yellow light...however, would the use of the product be enough to prove intent in the event the "user" does in fact run a red light and totals a car, hurts someone or God forbid, Kill someone? :idea:
I'm just asking mind you. I'm not big on running red lights, although I have done so in my day (I'm no angel)... :devil:
absoulutely,
I think doing that clearly displays the intent to avoid prosecution. Now in the fact you were involved in a death or serious injury of running a red light that caused this , this could play in part to prosecute and convict and then add time to a sentence....
More people die in auto accidents than what????????????

JustMVG
12-16-2004, 02:46 PM
Well i got one of these for my bike, just because Warp Speed does not always work!!! :D
http://www.mannsmotorsports.com/fastags/,
Brings back memories of James bond movies.....MikeVG

JustMVG
12-16-2004, 02:49 PM
I have always wanted to get a rental car, dress up in an ape suit, cover the plate with some paper saying Blow me or picture this with a Finger attached, that would make for some interesting thoughts and internet chatter.... whatever the heck thats worth MVG

ROZ
12-16-2004, 03:23 PM
Well i got one of these for my bike, just because Warp Speed does not always work!!! :D
http://www.mannsmotorsports.com/fastags/,
Brings back memories of James bond movies.....MikeVG
You may want to check to make sure it works on a daily basis. That would suck to have been photoed 10x's not knowing it was broken.... Talk about expensive :D

Unforgiven
12-16-2004, 03:29 PM
sounds like a cop :wink:

JustMVG
12-16-2004, 05:38 PM
I don't smoke :eek: and I'm making you Pot Roast for Saturday night Dinner :D Do you guys want to go to Lori's to see the Christmas Lights?
Debb when will you be out there, is that up on Thoroughbred and Sapphire?
We're going to be going up that way for the lights on Sat.

Kilrtoy
12-16-2004, 05:52 PM
No reading all this and the lenghts people will go to cheat and get get away with stuff even if it might cost someone there life is amazing

Shark In The Pond
12-16-2004, 07:31 PM
Morals??? I'm gonna have to look that word up... :notam:
Don't bother its beyond you :D

JustMVG
12-17-2004, 12:21 AM
You may want to check to make sure it works on a daily basis. That would suck to have been photoed 10x's not knowing it was broken.... Talk about expensive :D
That would go without saying, i do a walk around and check everytime i ride, and while i have the thing installed, i really do not think i'll ever use it, but it's just one of those trick little things that give you the comfort of just knowing it's there. You knpw in case i might ever feel the need for speed, safely of course, and Kilrtoy is around, i might just push the button, but i have been asked what its for by some law enforcement friends of the family, i just smile and try to change the subject... :)

Ultracrazy
12-17-2004, 07:57 AM
I have to agree with you on this one.......WTF.

Ultracrazy
12-17-2004, 07:59 AM
You don't have to be a cop to have morals and honesty.......

JustMVG
12-17-2004, 03:57 PM
Well sorry to say Kilr, while you are right in your thinking, the unfortunate reality that this is what our world has become, innocence is only left for the newborn children of this world after a certain age, television, radio, music, advertisements and magazines seem to determine what to wear and say, adverts tell us what we need to have to fit in and how to love and be loved, you know buy this, wear this smell like this and you'll be worshipped by.... and it goes on and on, well gotta go Visa commercial just told me i might win a trip to Fontana if i go max out my card, watch out Ontario Mills/Victoria Gardens here comes Mikey.... annnnddd Awaaaaayyy I goooooo :p
MVG

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-17-2004, 04:40 PM
Aropund here they photograph both front and back.. In vista they have multiple cameras throughout almost all of the intersctions... Monday night someone must have been really pissed about getting photographed; The person knocked the whole camera post down
:jawdrop:
ruh roh :eek:

Debbolas
12-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Debb when will you be out there, is that up on Thoroughbred and Sapphire?
We're going to be going up that way for the lights on Sat.
Matt is PMing you :wink:
and I try to wait a few seconds before venturing out into the intersection....because of all the cars running red lights. It's not worth mine and my family's life.
(of course if you live in LA or OC you would probably get honked at from the drivers behind you, but ask yourself, which is more important........making someone you don't know driving behind you happy, or staying alive!?!?

JustMVG
12-17-2004, 06:19 PM
and I try to wait a few seconds before venturing out into the intersection....because of all the cars running red lights. It's not worth mine and my family's life.
(of course if you live in LA or OC you would probably get honked at from the drivers behind you, but ask yourself, which is more important........making someone you don't know driving behind you happy, or staying alive!?!?
Thanks Debb got the PM and sent one Back atcha.
Hope to see you guys Sat.

Debbolas
12-17-2004, 06:21 PM
I hope the night is mild like it is tonight, it's not THAT much fun when it is freezing outside :rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
12-17-2004, 06:22 PM
A few seconds might be a little much, but I get your drift. look make sure all is clear then proceed....

Scream
12-17-2004, 06:26 PM
A few seconds might be a little much, but I get your drift. look make sure all is clear then proceed....
The rule in Pomona is (where my plant is) let the light turn green, wait for 3 cars, then go.