PDA

View Full Version : Tunnel boat jump record

moneysucker
12-15-2004, 10:36 PM
I am thinking about going for the tunnel boat long jump record. I am also thinking about lengthening the tunnel tabs to help. What do you all think? I need to land up right and drive away. Your input would be greatly apreciated

djdtpr
12-15-2004, 10:47 PM
Dimples lots and lots of dimples.

PC Rat
12-15-2004, 10:52 PM
Well I guess we better just start discussing Dimpling right now.
An impeller inducer would probably help suck in an extra amount of air to propel you further. I wonder what nozzle insert you would use to get the most gain when out of the water.
You should paint a rebel flag on your bow and try to get the sheriff boat to chase you by shooting arrows with dynamite at jet skiers.
Brian

PC Rat
12-15-2004, 10:53 PM
Damn, I typed to slow and DJD bushwacked me.

WheelerDealer
12-15-2004, 11:21 PM
You might need to weigh the nose down because the thrust you get from the tunnel air could blow you over.

Nucking futs
12-15-2004, 11:22 PM
As i was reading this i thought of the snowmobiles that race in the water,how bout we put tracks in the tunnels and rig a driveline system to them from the engine and i know it should move pretty good, after all the tracks are dimpled. just a thought

FOURQ
12-15-2004, 11:23 PM
i think you need to build a bigger engine..moore hp = more speed to go farther...put dimples on the pistons tooo...

moneysucker
12-15-2004, 11:27 PM
The bottom is graphite coated and keep in mind the exaust is providing thrust also. I can get a Flat bottom air foil also. I am not going to weight down the nose because I am adjusting the tunnel plates to 4* up.

Squirtin Thunder
12-15-2004, 11:27 PM
The tunnel will have to be very wide and the top of the deck will have to be dimpled to creat the most lift possible. And the tunnel plates need to be in the down position also for lift.

Cs19
12-15-2004, 11:30 PM
Dont worry, the thrust coming off the tunnel plates will put you way past the current record.

WheelerDealer
12-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Don't forget the carbon fiber beer holder hat cuz your mouth could get dry at the high altitude after take off. Oh yeah, and you might need a window in the bottom like the wheelstanders have so you can see the landing area.

Cas
12-15-2004, 11:35 PM
first, you need to build a false floor so you can create a plenum.
next you drill about 150,000 1/64" holes in the bottom of the boat. After that, you reroute your exhaust so it enters the plenum you created.
Upon start up, you will get some lift and what's cool about it, the higher the rpms of the engine, the more lift you get.
The real trick is when you launch, you need to spin that motor to about 8500 and hold it there so you can get maximum distance.

Cs19
12-15-2004, 11:38 PM
good point...defintly dont let off the throttle in the air.

WheelerDealer
12-15-2004, 11:53 PM
You will need to wear a helmet that is shaped like an albacore tuna so that it doesn't cause any undue drag in the airstream!

FOURQ
12-15-2004, 11:59 PM
You will need to wear a helmet that is shaped like an albacore tuna so that it doesn't cause any undue drag in the airstream!
how about a marlin i have seen they jump better...just a thaught

moneysucker
12-16-2004, 07:38 AM
first, you need to build a false floor so you can create a plenum.
next you drill about 150,000 1/64" holes in the bottom of the boat. After that, you reroute your exhaust so it enters the plenum you created.
Upon start up, you will get some lift and what's cool about it, the higher the rpms of the engine, the more lift you get.
The real trick is when you launch, you need to spin that motor to about 8500 and hold it there so you can get maximum distance.
Good idea, but I would lose the thrust I had gained from the exaust exiting at the rear and I don't think the drag reduction will make up for it.

Carnivalride
12-16-2004, 07:47 AM
I am thinking about going for the tunnel boat long jump record. I am also thinking about lengthening the tunnel tabs to help. What do you all think? I need to land up right and drive away. Your input would be greatly apreciated
Is this for real? :confused: :confused: and if it is what is the current record and how much farther are you trying to go?

djdtpr
12-16-2004, 07:48 AM
Between the air that is gonna exhaust through the tunnels and push you forward and the exhaust also pushing forward i think the dimples on the bottom and the fish hat helmet will push you aver the top.You need one more thing that PC left out,an air horn!Faceing backwards naturally for the extra help with the push afect.

Cas
12-16-2004, 07:59 AM
Good idea, but I would lose the thrust I had gained from the exaust exiting at the rear and I don't think the drag reduction will make up for it.
Damn! sorry I left out a key element, it was late last night when I posted that. To overcome the loss from the exhaust exitting the rear, you need to setup a something similar to the shroud on an air boat. What you need isn't quite that big and obstrusive though.
You can either use the fan assembly from a Peterbuilt or 2 of the electric fans that you can purchase at JC Whitney. In either case, you will need to build a bracket between the engine and the transom. With the electric fans, just hook them up to a power source and with the PB fan, put a pulley on the driveshaft.
It's the sh*t, works great!

Cas
12-16-2004, 08:01 AM
Oh yea, sometimes you can use little air foils behind the fans to get even more lift! You'll need to check with Guinness first though, you wouldn't want to be disqualified because of an air foil!

Nucking futs
12-16-2004, 08:03 AM
Hey M$, i have the ramp ready to go.I made it with dimpled rollers that will aid in the speed of your take off.The plate length is still up to you and am ready to help just give the word.Your on your own with the fish hat though.You might also want to add a ballast for the uneven weight distrabution in the boat.Im thinking you will need to move your engine up about 12" and move the drivers seat back about 18" so you have a nice center of gravity.Are you still putting the paddel wheel on for the added lift after your out of the water?let me know........

Cas
12-16-2004, 08:19 AM
ok, I'm divulging a bit too much but here it is
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3870Dsc00583-med.jpg
this particular fan is adjustable, only manually at this point but I'm sure you can hook up some hydraulics to make it adjustable from your seat.

Nucking futs
12-16-2004, 08:22 AM
No, i think that would constitute an "Air boat" not a jet boat, but nice looking anyways CAS

XClutchboy725
12-16-2004, 08:35 AM
:confused:

Cas
12-16-2004, 08:38 AM
No, i think that would constitute an "Air boat" not a jet boat, but nice looking anyways CAS
check the rules! if the blades of the fan are under 24", it's safe..........

Nucking futs
12-16-2004, 08:47 AM
My bad but they did mention a pitch restriction on the blades, we better get some v-drive guys to help out with all this.

MudPumper
12-16-2004, 09:04 AM
I'm thinking a bunch of model rocket motors mounted on the back may give you some added boost. Duct tape them in a circle around the tips of your headers. :crossx: Estes D Rocket motors. Let me know I'll help you wire them up to the hand held launch control.

Nucking futs
12-16-2004, 09:06 AM
I think i have some rather large bottle rockets left from the c3b, could those be of any use?

Cas
12-16-2004, 09:10 AM
your dealing with jets nots rockets

Nucking futs
12-16-2004, 09:26 AM
I thought they were ditch pumps :confused: :confused: :confused:

cyclone
12-16-2004, 12:36 PM
omg i'm gonna piss my pants! this is the funniest thread I've ever read. Way better than the yuma gang's BS! lol

Bob Hostetter
12-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Everyone knows that v drives can jump further then jet's. The props turn into propellors when they get airborne....................

djdtpr
12-16-2004, 01:29 PM
But wouldnt we ahve to build a special ramp for a v drive?Like one that can handle the weight of the trailer to since they never come off the trailer! :)

Squirtin Thunder
12-16-2004, 01:34 PM
But wouldnt we ahve to build a special ramp for a v drive?Like one that can handle the weight of the trailer to since they never come off the trailer! :)
Well then if thats the case you will have to recomision the General to tow that Queen.

Bob Hostetter
12-16-2004, 01:44 PM
Actually once they become airborne, they aren't called trailers anymore, they are referred to as landing gear............

djdtpr
12-16-2004, 01:46 PM
Actually once they become airborne, they aren't called trailers anymore, they are referred to as landing gear............
Well i think i have it figure out now.We need a flatty with a hugh prop and a long travel setup on the trailer then.

Liberator TJ1984
12-16-2004, 01:47 PM
good point...defintly dont let off the throttle in the air.
get one of those RPM activated switches from JEGS, set limit to kick on the 600 nitrous shot at around 8200 that should gain ya another 10' or so :wink:

Brooski
12-16-2004, 01:55 PM
You could also set up a launch boost. A prototype is available from Hot Wheels.

WheelerDealer
12-16-2004, 02:02 PM
This thread must seems odd to anyone who wasn't in the Banderlog chat room last night! :rollside:
We need to get some of them Canadian boys in on this thread, hell they jump these things all the time.
Hey Moneysucker, I am also thinking you will need to have a complete body waxing to remove any hair that might cause excess drag since you will of course be naked for the benefit of weight savings, accept for the Albacore helmet which is required by the Guiness people. Since this stunt is a little off the chart they said they would allow you to have a blood alcohol level 2.0 upon exiting at the out ramp!

Squirtin Thunder
12-16-2004, 02:11 PM
Again being I don't want to miss quote anything I called one of the formost crashers in the buisness. Yes I did good old Eveil. He said that with the distance we will be stooting for a pair of rocket propelants should be used similar to what he used to jump the Canyon. So this being said who has the Rocket Science capabilities to help us ???

Cas
12-16-2004, 02:22 PM
omg i'm gonna piss my pants! this is the funniest thread I've ever read. Way better than the yuma gang's BS! lol
always 1 joker in the crowd.....this is serious stuff! You wouldn't want ms to get hurt on re-entry would you?
btw, I was thinking a bit more about this today. Did you see that movie clip with those guys having Roman Candle fights? I think it would add a lot of flare to the jump if there was an igniter on board. When you're about 50 ft from the ramp, you hit the Roman Candle igniter so just when you get airborn, the candles go off....might help the lift too!
It would look way cool to mount them to the engine kind of like zoomies.

WheelerDealer
12-16-2004, 02:29 PM
Squirtin Thunder originally posted...
Again being I don't want to miss quote anything I called one of the formost crashers in the buisness. Yes I did good old Eveil. He said that with the distance we will be stooting for a pair of rocket propelants should be used similar to what he used to jump the Canyon. So this being said who has the Rocket Science capabilities to help us ???
The Guiness people said no to adding rockets of any kind, the only thrusting devices we can have are the jet pump and the available "tunnel thrust" as well as exhaust.
Remember those little rocket we had when we were kids that you filled half way with water and then pumped them up with air? When they launched the air pressure forced the water out and they shot up into the sky. I wounder if we put a big T-tank full of water in to somehow continue to feed the pump while in flight if it would help? It probably would be counter productive because of the weight.

WheelerDealer
12-16-2004, 02:49 PM
Good idea Cas, the Guiness people said that it was okay to use the roman candles or anything else that adds to the "Bling" or "Show" factor, so if we can find a way to gain a little thrust from them that would definitely help, you can be in charge of the pyrotechnics if you want.

moneysucker
12-16-2004, 03:13 PM
This thread must seems odd to anyone who wasn't in the Banderlog chat room last night! :rollside:
We need to get some of them Canadian boys in on this thread, hell they jump these things all the time.
Hey Moneysucker, I am also thinking you will need to have a complete body waxing to remove any hair that might cause excess drag since you will of course be naked for the benefit of weight savings, accept for the Albacore helmet which is required by the Guiness people. Since this stunt is a little off the chart they said they would allow you to have a blood alcohol level 2.0 upon exiting at the out ramp!
I am thinking about wearing one of those street luge suits and a hrlmet from the tour de france. I am trying to get cellulite to form so I will have dimples through the suit.
For the BAC upon hitting the exit ramp; is there some kind of rule about how long I wait to take the breathalizer?

moneysucker
12-16-2004, 03:14 PM
Hey, I resemble that.

moneysucker
12-16-2004, 03:20 PM
Good idea Cas, the Guiness people said that it was okay to use the roman candles or anything else that adds to the "Bling" or "Show" factor, so if we can find a way to gain a little thrust from them that would definitely help, you can be in charge of the pyrotechnics if you want.
They will have to launch down to create up force on the boat. If they went up they would push the boat down. Maybe I should go for the vertical distance record instead.
This should work out better than my golf cart land speed record attempt

WheelerDealer
12-16-2004, 03:26 PM
moneysucker originally posted...
For the BAC upon hitting the exit ramp; is there some kind of rule about how long I wait to take the breathalizer?
You must take the breathalyzer as at the take out ramp immediately upon exiting the water, however, the rules state that after landing the jump you must drive away under your own power but you only have to drive a 1/4 mile, so I'm thinking a REAL SLOW tow boat(such as a v-drive) would be in order and we could use a big lake that had an exit ramp 20 or so miles away to give you time to sober up a little. We should probably hard wire a blood alcohol sensor into one of your veins and mount a gauge in the dash or by telemetry sent it to a chase boat so that we can continuously moniter your blood alky level to know when it was safe to take you out of the water.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Hey M$, i have the ramp ready to go.I made it with dimpled rollers that will aid in the speed of your take off.
You guys need a ramp to jump those things???? :D So answer the question?? What is the record??? I'm willing to bet its from a white water river boat jumping off a partially submerged rock.
I have a close up video of Guru long jumping a K-boat about 80 feet. :supp:
JG

moneysucker
12-16-2004, 03:37 PM
You must take the breathalyzer as at the take out ramp immediately upon exiting the water, however, the rules state that after landing the jump you must drive away under your own power but you only have to drive a 1/4 mile, so I'm thinking a REAL SLOW tow boat(such as a v-drive) would be in order and we could use a big lake that had an exit ramp 20 or so miles away to give you time to sober up a little. We should probably hard wire a blood alcohol sensor into one of your veins and mount a gauge in the dash or by telemetry sent it to a chase boat so that we can continuously moniter your blood alky level to know when it was safe to take you out of the water.
My veins are pretty much used up. JK I may have to use an on board breathalizer.

moneysucker
12-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Thank you for registering your record attempt with Guinness World Records.
One of our representatives will contact you within the next 4-6 weeks with
a decision on your record request.
If your suggested record is approved, we will get back to you with rules
and regulations so that you may attempt your proposed record. If you have
already attempted a record, and we are interested in your submission, we
may ask for the documentation needed to verify the record.
Should your record proposal/attempt be unsuccessful, we will send you a
detailed reason outlining our decision and we will often suggest a
similar, existing record.
Our online tracking service enables you to track the progress of your
record claim through the Guinness World Records website. You will need
your membership number and password to access this service - these will be
sent to you once your claim has been assigned to a researcher.
Thank you for contacting Guinness World Records. Good luck!
Record Research Services,
Guinness World Records
It is for real now.

Cas
12-16-2004, 04:43 PM
since I'm going to be in SoCal this weekend, any chance I can take a look at the boat to see what I need to do with the pyro end of this?
It would be real good so I can let my indian friend in WA state know what we'll need in the way of fireworks. Ralph aka Hot Wick owns a fireworks stand up there so he will be more than happy to donate some stuff. His only request is to be able to put one of his stickers on the boat....Hot Wick's Torpedo Tubes. Strange name but he invented a type of firework that you're able to launch fire ball looking things under water.

WheelerDealer
12-16-2004, 05:26 PM
hey moneysucker, can I be crew chief and or PR guy on this deal? We need a team name to.

Nucking futs
12-16-2004, 06:20 PM
hey moneysucker, can I be crew chief and or PR guy on this deal? We need a team name to.
We need a nice looking model for the public relations as well. We can call her Dimples..... :cool:

Liberator TJ1984
12-16-2004, 06:41 PM
I got the Tow Rig :2purples:
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/1422.jpg

Liberator TJ1984
12-16-2004, 06:51 PM
I made a call to "Dimples" also,, she said we need a bigger Tow Rig :notam:
http://www.strangecelebrities.com/images/content/99.jpg

WheelerDealer
12-16-2004, 06:52 PM
That is a sweet ass tow rig!

moneysucker
12-16-2004, 07:34 PM
Dimples has plenty of dimples

WheelerDealer
12-16-2004, 07:43 PM
Okay, The Official team name is The Dirty Dimples Gang! DDG baby

Liberator TJ1984
12-16-2004, 07:46 PM
Maybe you guys have a Buddy who works for Costco or Sams ????
Dimples said it Takes alot more Flour than it used too :D and I'm kinda short on Cash ...Rig burns lotsa gas
and just think after the Group Sex we'll have lots of Dough for Tortillias in the mourning :coffeycup but ya gotta scrape your own Cheeze if you want Tacos :p

HotRod Sprint
12-16-2004, 08:16 PM
What do you all think? Your input would be greatly apreciated
Here's my input; I think all y'all need to have your heads examined :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea :D
Rod

steelcomp
12-16-2004, 09:23 PM
ROTFLMFAO!!!!
I swear I'm bustin a gut right now!!!

moneysucker
12-16-2004, 09:26 PM
Here's my input; I think all y'all need to have your heads examined :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea :D
Rod
My head is ok and the albacore helmet will keep it that way. Thank you for your concern. Every safety precaution has been anylized and dismissed and the planning for this jump is 2 days in the making. There is no way I can fail. If I di I still win. There is always americas funniest home video's.

steelcomp
12-16-2004, 09:27 PM
When you take the breathalizer, is there a minimum requirement for intoxication?
Hey, if we do this below the equator, all the spinny things like motors and fans and props and whirleybirds will have to spin BACKWARDS, or when you jump you'll land upside down. It says so. I swear.

steelcomp
12-16-2004, 09:31 PM
Dimples....DIMPLES....wait honey, come back! I swear I didnt really lose my keys...I was just kidding. Wait...hold still...
Hey, is that a ham sandwitch??? Oh GOD!!! LOOOK OUUUUUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

djdtpr
12-16-2004, 09:31 PM
The albacore helmit will save you i have faith in the fish.Not to mention Dimples she has plenty of padding and dough i would imagine.

moneysucker
12-16-2004, 09:33 PM
When you take the breathalizer, is there a minimum requirement for intoxication?
Hey, if we do this below the equator, all the spinny things like motors and fans and props and whirleybirds will have to spin BACKWARDS, or when you jump you'll land upside down. It says so. I swear.
this has been taken into consideration and if a dimpled bottom is used and the boat does flip upside down, the dimples will help the air stuck to the bottom of the boat and act like thousands of little air foils gaining an estimated 30' in jump distance. Like I said tremendous amount of planning has gone into this plan. I am talking Minutes and Minutes over the course of 2 days. The Dirty Dimple Gang cannot fail!

UBFJ #454
12-17-2004, 06:21 AM
Has anyone considered JETTO assisted "Jumping" ... I have a couple of old "Hercer" 130 bottles I can "Loan" you guys ... Their empty so you'll have to get them filled.

Liberator TJ1984
12-17-2004, 07:20 AM
If you look at Dimples's picture , you will notice she also volunteered to do the set-up on the Hull and Air Entrapment Design, and any other wrenching.... She wants to try out the New pair of "SNAP-On" mechanics gloves I gave her for Christmas :hammer2:
She called 3 of her friends they will do a Structural Test on the Launch Ramp this weekend.....something about using it to Sunbathe on ???

R.A.D.man
12-17-2004, 07:35 AM
What about using a couple of boats with diverter nozzles chained to the front side of the ramp which will have to be chained to the lake bottom shooting their roost up the ramp making an up hill water slide to assist with takeoff.
Or could the ramp be mobile and towed in the direction of MS so after takeoff, they will be moving in opposite directions thus creating a greater distance between the landing and the back edge of the ramp for a greater distance measurement.

Liberator TJ1984
12-17-2004, 09:03 AM
Radman !!!
what a great Idea....
If that things got enough water pressure to knock the dingle berries off
Dimples Ass ... it will Damn sure launch a boat :eek:
Has anyone thought about asking Info about this ??? he works on airplanes , maybe the got one of them Aircraft Launcher Thingies layin around ,,is thier a rule on those ???

Squirtin Thunder
12-17-2004, 09:20 AM
What about using a couple of boats with diverter nozzles chained to the front side of the ramp which will have to be chained to the lake bottom shooting their roost up the ramp making an up hill water slide to assist with takeoff.
Or could the ramp be mobile and towed in the direction of MS so after takeoff, they will be moving in opposite directions thus creating a greater distance between the landing and the back edge of the ramp for a greater distance measurement.
Now that is a very good Idea !!!!
It will increase the trust and could possibly get an aditional 10' !!!!!!!!!!!

WheelerDealer
12-17-2004, 10:43 AM
No, No, No guys. There can't be any water thrusting ramps or JATO type devices. The only mods allowed to the ramp would be dimpling and an air-bearing down the middle,(steelcomp I am putting you in charge of designing the air-bearing). As crew cheif I have decided to put Moneysucker on a strict chili dogs with cheese and beenie weenie diet in hopes of him maybe adding a little gastric explosion thrust through a hole in the back of his custom designed carbon fiber seat right after take off, but we will have to install a special "no reversion" transom exhaust flapper in the back of his body luge suit in order for this to work properly. Again guys this is very serious stuff, and as Moneysucker stated there has been a tremendous amount of planning go into this deal amounting to countless minutes after minutes and the engineering behind it all will no doubt show it !!

Liberator TJ1984
12-17-2004, 10:59 AM
W.D.
the strict menu is brilliant :coffeycup
but the extreme expansion in the boiler room must be kept at a constant factor to achive desired thrust...Dr.Shittz recommeneds adding 1/4 cup Sourkrauht(sp?) to ea.HotDog topped by 3oz. Tabasco.....
He added not only will this achive desired results it will prevent any scale buildup in the thruster washer

R.A.D.man
12-17-2004, 11:01 AM
What about two ramps used like whoopdedoos. It has always seemed to me that you fly farther on the second jump than the first. The first ramp will just be to help adjust MS attidude before the record setting attempt. Should add to the OHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT factor.

LakesOnly
12-17-2004, 11:01 AM
I made a call to "Dimples" also,, she said we need a bigger Tow Rig...
http://www.strangecelebrities.com/images/content/99.jpg
Good god, I think Dimples is the tow rig.
How 'bout if Ms. Dimples drops from a tree branch onto
the beginning of the launch ramp just as $ucker nears its
crest? Kind of a see-saw effect to launch the boat...
The only thing necessary to make this possible is...uh...a tree branch strong enough to hold Dimples.
LO

Squirtin Thunder
12-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Good god, I think Dimples is the tow rig.
How 'bout if Ms. Dimples drops from a tree branch onto
the beginning of the launch ramp just as $ucker nears its
crest? Kind of a see-saw effect to launch the boat...
The only thing necessary to make this possible is...uh...a tree branch strong enough to hold Dimples.
LO
Now where in the Hell are you going to find a tree that strong ?????

R.A.D.man
12-17-2004, 11:08 AM
Arethere any lakes in the middle of the redwood forest?

LakesOnly
12-17-2004, 11:11 AM
Point taken. Maybe we could wedge Dimples under the bow of the boat so it doesn't blow over...or would it just nose in now?
Ahhh...who'm I kiddin'? We'll just have her waiting at the exit ramp where she can pull the boat out by her teeth on the trailer tongue.
LO

LakesOnly
12-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Arethere any lakes in the middle of the redwood forest?
I got it! Put the ramp under a highway overpass! Then she could jump from the highway overpass....oh...wait a minute, nevermind. I can't think of a highway pass that strong either...
LO

R.A.D.man
12-17-2004, 11:24 AM
OKOKOKOKOKOKOk (read it like Joe Peshi says it)
How about we line up all the other jets after the ramp and hit MS with a celebratory gang roost once he is airborne to help keep him aloft. This will require pecision timing so evryone will need to synchronize their alcohol consumption leading up to the attempt. As I see it, the first boats only drink a six pack and each boat thereafter drinks one more than the boat before. Then as soon as you see the front of the sponsons coming over the ramp, everyone nails it. With the increased level of inebriation and delayed reaction along the line, we can probably just bounce him down the lake in mid air.

esabataj
12-17-2004, 11:51 AM
You sure can tell it's winter time. You guys need to go to the river or have a few more cold ones. :D

Squirtin Thunder
12-18-2004, 11:59 PM
:rollside:

FOURQ
12-19-2004, 12:52 AM
You sure can tell it's winter time. You guys need to go to the river or have a few more cold ones. :D
lol .....he thinks the DDG is jokeing...dude this is serious shit here...we also recomend that you DO NOT TRY THIS AT YOUR LOCAL LAKE..WE ARE TRAINED PROFESIONALS...

Squirtin Thunder
12-19-2004, 01:25 AM
lol .....he thinks the DDG is jokeing...dude this is serious shit here...we also recomend that you DO NOT TRY THIS AT YOUR LOCAL LAKE..WE ARE TRAINED PROFESIONALS...
I am so glad you have posted this I have totally forgot about our liability possibilities. I can't believe that we forgot this disclaimer.
Jim

steelcomp
12-19-2004, 09:35 AM
No, No, No guys. There can't be any water thrusting ramps or JATO type devices. The only mods allowed to the ramp would be dimpling and an air-bearing down the middle,(steelcomp I am putting you in charge of designing the air-bearing). As crew cheif I have decided to put Moneysucker on a strict chili dogs with cheese and beenie weenie diet in hopes of him maybe adding a little gastric explosion thrust through a hole in the back of his custom designed carbon fiber seat right after take off, but we will have to install a special "no reversion" transom exhaust flapper in the back of his body luge suit in order for this to work properly. Again guys this is very serious stuff, and as Moneysucker stated there has been a tremendous amount of planning go into this deal amounting to countless minutes after minutes and the engineering behind it all will no doubt show it !!
The air bearing won't be a problem for the ramp...we'll have miss Dimples doing double duty. We need to get her on the same chili dog and sour kraut diet (although I don't knnow where we'll get that much Kraut) and we'l just have to place her in an inverted attitude under the ramp, put a big funnel over her butt, and viola!! You have an immediate source of HOT air which could be distributed over the surface of the ramp from underneath. We need to be careful, though. All participants would be required to wear HASMET or full biological suits and masks to protect against lethal bio hazards. The driver of the boat included. But I think we can do this!!!

FOURQ
12-19-2004, 10:36 PM
ok guys i think its time to get together to make a few test passes with the boat to see if its gana run the way it needs too whens the date? so we can get everyone together from out of state.....

moneysucker
12-19-2004, 11:31 PM
Sorry guys I haven't been on line for a while. I was training for the jump. I spent $42 in quarters at round table pizza playing HYDRO THUNDER, eating pizza and drinking. OOPS, what I meant to say was, I spent the last 3 days in the simulator working out take of angles cross wind calculations and different landing scenarios. I was in expert mode so you all should know that I am a semi trained profesional (don't profesionals get paid to do things?) operating on a closed course with baffles, complying with all state and federal laws.

Brooski
12-19-2004, 11:33 PM
ok guys i think its time to get together to make a few test passes with the boat to see if its gana run the way it needs too whens the date? so we can get everyone together from out of state.....
I agree. I have access to the 9 axle lowbed trailer to haul Dimmples there also. :(

CrdStang
12-20-2004, 01:06 AM
All you really need is a little extra plumbing/wiring:
Run a fuel line to the jet's bowl and hook it up with a set of solenoid valves. Throw a switch on the dash and the fuel is all diverted straight to the bowl.
Tap the bowl for a spark plug which you hook to an extra coil that gets fed 12v+ from the same switch that controls the fuel solenoid.
Throw an extra big loader scoop on and you're ready to go!
Take the jump, just as you clear the ramp, throw the switch and suddenly your lowly jet pump becomes a RAMJET engine! You can steer with the thrust, AND control altitude with your Jet-o-vator.
Hmm..I bet this is how Pather Jet made that commercial...

WheelerDealer
12-20-2004, 10:41 AM
Psycho Squid posted...
Also I have a proven areo-efficent hat/crash helment I rent for $29.95 an hour.
We already have the carbon fiber Albacore Tuna designed helmet for the ultimate in low drag effeciency, however, As crew cheif I have decided that it would be best to remove any unnecessary weight from the equation for maximum distance therefore I think it would be best to eliminate the helmet altogether and instead just tape the Moneysucker's cheeks down with some 200mph Racer's tape to help control "cheek flap" while in flight. I don't think this will be a problem due to the fact that we are all professionals and as stated earlier in the thread have planned this thing out over several minutes of accumulated time and MASS quantities of alcohol, therefore there is pretty much no way anything could go wrong.
CrdStang, I really like your idea on the ramjet, I have submitted it to the Guinness people and I am awaiting a reply.
Moneysucker, are you out of quarters for the simulater? If so FOURQ our PR/computer engineer guy needs to go out and hit up the sponsors. Also, if Guinness accepts the ramjet addition we will have to get FOURQ to modify the software on the simulator at the Pizza Joint. I hope you are okay with the change in plans concerning safety gear, oh yeah, you can still wear your sphincter support since it doesn't weigh all that much and it will make the job of cleaning the inside of the boat up much easier.

Squirtin Thunder
12-20-2004, 11:34 AM
All you really need is a little extra plumbing/wiring:
Run a fuel line to the jet's bowl and hook it up with a set of solenoid valves. Throw a switch on the dash and the fuel is all diverted straight to the bowl.
Tap the bowl for a spark plug which you hook to an extra coil that gets fed 12v+ from the same switch that controls the fuel solenoid.
Throw an extra big loader scoop on and you're ready to go!
Take the jump, just as you clear the ramp, throw the switch and suddenly your lowly jet pump becomes a RAMJET engine! You can steer with the thrust, AND control altitude with your Jet-o-vator.
Hmm..I bet this is how Pather Jet made that commercial...
After reading this very thoughly, about every third word, I have a thought that might help us make this record so much greater that it will be very hard for anyone in the future to pass us by. Ok after a long 30sec. call to NASA. They told me that they have a surplus of rocket fuel that is getting very polital and they would donate it to or quest. They said that this was planned on being used till they had to redesign the shuttle. The longer it takes us to do the first actual test the more kick this will have. We will need a 120lb bottle to store this gas in the boat. and a soliniod can activate the ijection of the gas right in frount of the impeller.
Jim

Norseman
12-20-2004, 11:49 AM
ok, I'm divulging a bit too much but here it is
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3870Dsc00583-med.jpg
this particular fan is adjustable, only manually at this point but I'm sure you can hook up some hydraulics to make it adjustable from your seat.
If the engine is moved forward 12 inches and the seat is moved back, then he should be able to reach the top of the fan to adjust it. If it's still to far away, then maybe you can save a little weight by using ropes tied to the top and bottom of the fan to adjust it. Hydraulics are heavy, and you'll need all the HP to the pump for lift.
The use of the fan may put you into another class, so check the rule book.
You should be able to get away with putting a couple of pinwheels on the front of the boat. It may not help the lift much, but will give you something to watch on the long flight. :)
And yes lots on dimples..... :rollside:

Liberator TJ1984
12-20-2004, 01:14 PM
Looking at the transom of the boat , I got 2 full Oxygen bottles we can run nozzles out the transom....get a trained monkey to take a sledge hammer and at mid-flight , knock the valves off :idea: :D this should add just enough trust to set the record ;)

WheelerDealer
12-20-2004, 04:18 PM
Squirtin Thunder originally posted...
After reading this very thoughly, about every third word, I have a thought that might help us make this record so much greater that it will be very hard for anyone in the future to pass us by. Ok after a long 30sec. call to NASA. They told me that they have a surplus of rocket fuel that is getting very polital and they would donate it to or quest. They said that this was planned on being used till they had to redesign the shuttle. The longer it takes us to do the first actual test the more kick this will have. We will need a 120lb bottle to store this gas in the boat. and a soliniod can activate the ijection of the gas right in frount of the impeller.
As long as any of these thrusting devices are directed through the pump they are acceptable, but we can't use the fan or add on air foils/wings because that would put us in the Unlimited category and that will have to wait for the next jump.
Norseman originally posted...
You should be able to get away with putting a couple of pinwheels on the front of the boat. It may not help the lift much, but will give you something to watch on the long flight.
I will have to run this idea past Moneysucker since he is the pilot. I however really like the pinwheel idea. It's all about showmanship and Bling!!!

FOURQ
12-20-2004, 04:30 PM
of guys i just got done rewriting the sim code so that it has alot more variables in it ..it now has alot more random acts of nature like heavy winds , rain and even the waterspout feature. it randomly starts when your in the simulator that way you can try to save your ass if it does happen during the real jump....i also added a few more details in it like dimples wating to give you a happy ending after you make the jump if you land it or she gets to do the mouth to mouth if you crash....there is now babywipes and a blindfold installed in the sim too. but please rember CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF other wise im gana sick dimples on you!!!

Danhercules
12-20-2004, 04:45 PM
Filling the tanks with hydrogen will help too.

moneysucker
12-20-2004, 08:22 PM
Where are we going to get a trained monkey? We will have to chaon him to the boat because he would probably wise up and jump off. With the sledge hammer I would not be comfortable because once he figures out what is about to happen, he will hit me to stop me from jumping. Good idea but I think monkeys may be too smart and posess the forsight to see what will happen if we go off that ramp. :devil: I will pick up a "will work for food guy" Of course with 2 humans, we are changing the record attempt to 2 in the boat. :squiggle:

Nucking futs
12-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Well i just had a few passes in the simulator and moneysucker has his hands full.I think the idea of 2 people in the boat will put us into the "PRO" class.
The "pro" class will not allow any "dimples" anywhere in plain veiw,must use water bearings and tunnel plate thrust only.
Wheeler can you check the rules on that.
We will have to get dimples in the boat for the P.R. shot and also i heard the rumor that dimples wants a new contract,saying we were not respecting her as a swimsuite model.

LVjetboy
12-20-2004, 10:28 PM
"I suggest adding fiberglass to the deck A bubble if you will. Create an air foil. This way the air passing over the top takes longer to reach the cord line, Thus creating an area of low pressure. The air passing under the boat will be faster to the cord line creating an area of high pressure. So it's safe to say the boat can be sucked into the air. The added weight of the fiberglass on the deck should not exceed the engine weight as compared to the offset co-efficent measurement from the datum point. ( Longer arm less weight ) For weight & balance.............Also I have a proven areo-efficent hat/crash helment I rent for $29.95 an hour"
Now that's WAY funny!* Good one!! You had me rollin' about that airfoil. Ha ha!
Down right entertaining, with the other funny posts in this thread, all worth reading. Please lay on more of those funny threads. I think styrofoam's the trick. Ha ha funny huh? The density-to-weight ratio not to mention air flow to viscosity drag over the top. Suck your boat on top and accelerate with the big dogs. In fact, studies show just that. Does anyone want to try our new styrofoam impeller? Come on now, think big picture. Less mass and higher rpm's...more bang for the buck. Styrofoam's cheap after all. And easy to fix. Ha ha funny.
Come on everyone...post to this thread. But a funny post not anal. We're not interested in facts here in Jet Tech, just BS and remember...we're all trying to be funny here.
*Useless f*cking social thread funny ha ha.
jer

FOURQ
12-20-2004, 10:40 PM
We will have to get dimples in the boat for the P.R. shot and also i heard the rumor that dimples wants a new contract,saying we were not respecting her as a swimsuite model.
i hAVE BEEN WORKING ON THAT BUT UNFORTINATLY I DONT THINK THE GUNNELS OR THE FLOOR WOULD HOLD HER WEIGHT AS SHE CLIMBED IN...(woops caps) as far as doing the shots i cant seem to find any sponsors that will let use their property for the pics they all say "if you put my name on the boat we dont want any pics with that chick in them..sorry thats the deal or no money" im starting to think we need a blond instead maybe that would change their mind..im on a search of a new model......

LVjetboy
12-20-2004, 10:42 PM
Come on now! Show us what you got. We too can be like the v-drive forum if we try hard enough. Low content, high humor. Just try a bit harder...blow off serious threads with a bit of comic relief...be funny now. You'll seem way cooler if you do!
jer

moneysucker
12-20-2004, 11:13 PM
LV, Lighten up. I am doing this for real. I am awaiting the rules back from Guiness. But might as well let everyone have some fun. It is winter. Merry Christmas :D If you find this thread offensive drop a note in the complaint box on your way to recess and the teacher will make the trouble makers stay after and clean erasers. ;)

moneysucker
12-20-2004, 11:21 PM
Come on now! Show us what you got. We too can be like the v-drive forum if we try hard enough. Low content, high humor. Just try a bit harder...blow off serious threads with a bit of comic relief...be funny now. You'll seem way cooler if you do!
jer
Jer, let me know if you need my expert opinion on any other pressing, technical dilema on the board and I will drop what ever I am doing and answer so you can tell me I am wrong until I am right. If you read any thread, even joking, there is sometimes some info that makes you think and can possibly generate progress. With that said, I will go search the boards for threads in need. Da, da, da, da .....MONEY $UCKER to the rescue.

Squirtin Thunder
12-20-2004, 11:24 PM
Jer, let me know if you need my expert opinion on any other pressing, technical dilema on the board and I will drop what ever I am doing and answer so you can tell me I am wrong until I am right. If you read any thread, even joking, there is sometimes some info that makes you think and can possibly generate progress. With that said, I will go search the boards for threads in need. Da, da, da, da .....MONEY $UCKER to the rescue.
MS,
you just touched on something you forgot to mention you had super powers WTF ????? Now I know we can make the record. So you must wear your cape in the jump !!!
Jim

LVjetboy
12-20-2004, 11:29 PM
"If you find this thread offensive drop a note in the complaint box on your way to recess"
Threads are threads. Everyone free to post what they want...go for it. And free to read my comments. I don't drop notes to anyone, I post what I think right here in the thread I read. And this thread struck me as a lot of BS sarcasm trying to be funny in an effort to mock the technical seriousness and apparent analness of some other threads. Think about it and be honest. So I post what I think straight up. If you don't like that complain to your mommy.
Take it or leave it.
jer

Squirtin Thunder
12-20-2004, 11:32 PM
"If you find this thread offensive drop a note in the complaint box on your way to recess"
Threads are threads. Everyone free to post what they want...go for it. And free to read my comments. I don't drop notes to anyone, I post what I think right here in the thread I read. And this thread struck me as a lot of BS sarcasm trying to be funny in an effort to mock the technical seriousness and apparent analness of some other threads. Think about it and be honest. So I post what I think straight up. If you don't like that complain to your mommy.
Take it or leave it.
jer
Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Easy now !!!
It is just a fun tread easy !!!
Have you seen our sex pot, Dimples ????
Jim

LVjetboy
12-20-2004, 11:36 PM
"If you read any thread, even joking, there is sometimes some info that makes you think and can possibly generate progress."
Keep searching 'cause you won't find anything in this thread for progress.
SK, yes I saw Dimples.
jer

Squirtin Thunder
12-21-2004, 12:07 AM
"If you read any thread, even joking, there is sometimes some info that makes you think and can possibly generate progress."
Keep searching 'cause you won't find anything in this thread for progress.
SK, yes I saw Dimples.
jer
Come on Jer its ST not SK !!!
Sexy isn't she ???
are you coming out on the 28th ???
Jim

steelcomp
12-21-2004, 06:39 AM
Hey Jer, I'm one of those being mocked...remember the air bearing? Funny...it dosen't bother me. It IS in fun!! I think it's a crack up!! WTF is your problem with having fun, you stiff ass technogeek? This is one of those times where you need to be told to fock off!! Go ruin someone elses fun somwhere else.
BTW...take some breaths, Jer...no one's making fun of you. It's OK, Jer, it's OK. :hammerhea

Cas
12-21-2004, 08:31 PM
just got back from Disneyland and have the solution in 2 words.......Tinker Bell!
that little fairly flies like all get out.....think it can be caught?

moneysucker
12-21-2004, 09:01 PM
just got back from Disneyland and have the solution in 2 words.......Tinker Bell!
that little fairly flies like all get out.....think it can be caught?
I hope I get her instead of dimples.

Liberator TJ1984
12-22-2004, 07:45 AM
MS / Squid ,
I took a look at the Ramp after it was Structure tested by Dimples and her 3 friends. After many hours of Basting , Oooops.. I mean Tanning on the ramp, there were no Stress cracks or deflection anywhere to be seen. Yes you guys are great designers and deserve a pat on the back.
The Girls also left some kind of Hi-Tek friction reducer on the ramp surface, they would not tell me exactly what it was , but did metion it had something to do with " Back Fat " ???? :confused: it makes Teflon coating look like rust :jawdrop:

Liberator TJ1984
12-22-2004, 12:46 PM
I found her But " all that Magic Dust " made her teeth fall Out :eek:http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/13058.jpg
I wonder if she can still HUM a Tune :wink:

Norseman
12-22-2004, 01:18 PM
LV, Lighten up. I am doing this for real. I am awaiting the rules back from Guiness. But might as well let everyone have some fun. It is winter. Merry Christmas :D If you find this thread offensive drop a note in the complaint box on your way to recess and the teacher will make the trouble makers stay after and clean erasers. ;)
Hey that eraser gig was always my favorite!!!
Slowest kid was the one with the yellow hair. :cry:

djdtpr
12-22-2004, 03:02 PM
Wow after reading all this and reading JER's post i realize that he is rite.You all are pricks,you never did mention that we were using my old boat at all.
Later JER suck it easy we will all spread ya later.

moneysucker
12-22-2004, 03:50 PM
Wow after reading all this and reading JER's post i realize that he is rite.You all are pricks,you never did mention that we were using my old boat at all.
Later JER suck it easy we will all spread ya later.
Actually, I am using one of mine. It is easier than rigging annother one. I will have a bouy on the motor and pump so I can get them back.

moneysucker
12-22-2004, 05:23 PM
Sorry guys, I couldn't wait and did a test run. It all went well. I only killed one duck and three geese during the test. http://www.waterskishowsinc.com/Jump-boat_off_dock.jpg

Cas
12-22-2004, 06:08 PM
Sorry guys, I couldn't wait and did a test run. It all went well. I only killed one duck and three geese during the test. http://www.waterskishowsinc.com/Jump-boat_off_dock.jpg
B*STARD! COULDN'T WAIT FOR THE REST OF US!!!! :mad:
I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE THIS SH*T!!

Squirtin Thunder
12-22-2004, 06:10 PM
That just isn't cool !!!

FryJet
12-22-2004, 06:51 PM
Errr......ummm......WTF? Im speechless. I think Money$uckers first attempt at boat jumps a few years ago was such a success he's steppin up to the plate and going for a record. If he doesnt remember it I can refresh his memory...................... :rollside:
F.J.

WheelerDealer
12-22-2004, 07:25 PM
Moneysucker you sorry Son-of-A-B*tch, what have I told you about making practice passes? Practice is for people who aren't already perfect! We members of the DDG are part of the perfect circle.
F*cking Show-off!!!

Norseman
12-22-2004, 07:59 PM
Looking at the bottom of the boat, it's really obvious that you need more dimples!!!! :sqeyes:

steelcomp
12-22-2004, 08:55 PM
Looking at the bottom of the boat, it's really obvious that you need more dimples!!!! :sqeyes:
And WINGS!!! Wwhooaaahhhh!!!! :eek: :cool:

moneysucker
12-22-2004, 11:07 PM
I said Sorry. What more do you want? Sorry didn't help calm the boat owner down either. That was a test drive. Needless to say I didn't want the boat after that.It just didn't feel right. And kind of leaked a little. Boat sellers beware.
Fry, I remember my early boat jumping attempts, I don't need them explained again. Oh, Happy birthday FJ.

bmadison31
12-23-2004, 07:18 AM
I've got a sweet Kohler 20Horse motor that would be perfect for the speed needed for a jump of that caliber. And all of the air cooling vents just might help with the required lift. Now if I can only find someone to fabricate an intake for the two 1150 dominators.

Norseman
12-23-2004, 07:58 AM
You could keep Tinker Bell in your shirt pocket, I'd hate to think what your chest would look like if you tried that with Dimples.... :notam: :messedup:
You could try using Fairy Nip to catch her, or maybe Bailey's Irish Cream in a really small glass. :smile:
Her 454 might have a couple of small jello shooters you could try also......
I think Dimples likes her Jello Shooters out of a wash tub! :rolleyes:

Norseman
12-23-2004, 08:01 AM
I found her But " all that Magic Dust " made her teeth fall Out :eek:http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/13058.jpg
I wonder if she can still HUM a Tune :wink:
I think when she HUMS it makes her earings spin in different directions.. :confused:

Mighty Thor
12-23-2004, 05:07 PM
As a direct and proximate result of that crazy stunt with the test run the FAA has now become involved. In addition to the Record people you are now going to be required to have a certified air traffic controller on hand to log both your take off and landing. Nice going smart ass. Your little stunt has now resulted in an extra $5.38 in costs for the rental of the flight headset and the little screen that goes blip, blip, blip, blip. Luckily I was able to contact my friends in Hollywood and we got the whole control tower set from the movie Airplane. Only condition is that Dimples has to agree to a screen test for the next Hawian Tropics Suntan Commercial.

Brooski
12-23-2004, 06:09 PM
As a direct and proximate result of that crazy stunt with the test run the FAA has now become involved. In addition to the Record people you are now going to be required to have a certified air traffic controller on hand to log both your take off and landing. Nice going smart ass. Your little stunt has now resulted in an extra $5.38 in costs for the rental of the flight headset and the little screen that goes blip, blip, blip, blip. Luckily I was able to contact my friends in Hollywood and we got the whole control tower set from the movie Airplane. Only condition is that Dimples has to agree to a screen test for the next Hawian Tropics Suntan Commercial.
Okay, now thanks to you, THOR, the DOT is now involved. With the requirement of Dimples agreeing to a HT Suntan screentest, a super tanker will be needed to bring enough suntan lotion for her body. Due to the width and length of the truck needed, 4 pilot vehicles will be needed for the oversize load, with assistance of the CHP for shutting down intersections. The cost of the permits is a whole nother story...... :hammerhea

rrrr
12-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Moneysucker you sorry Son-of-A-B*tch, what have I told you about making practice passes? Practice is for people who aren't already perfect! We members of the DDG are part of the perfect circle.
F*cking Show-off!!!
Uh, just wandering through and wanted to point out something. Moneysucker is pulling your chain about the practice jump.
If you look closely at the photo you can see the multiple crates of lettuce stacked on the ramp and in the air as the boat flies through them. This is obviously a jump in a different class, I'd say AA/LV. That's the leaf vegetable class, and points are added to the total for how much salad quality lettuce shredding is produced by the jump.
So MS just did this jump for fun and a snack, it won't affect the class record the DDG is attempting.
Now I gotta go back out in the garage and look at my v-drive some more.

steelcomp
12-23-2004, 08:00 PM
I've got a sweet Kohler 20Horse motor that would be perfect for the speed needed for a jump of that caliber. And all of the air cooling vents just might help with the required lift. Now if I can only find someone to fabricate an intake for the two 1150 dominators.
I can do that, but I think two 1050's would be better...snappier throttle response.
Lemmeknow.

Liberator TJ1984
12-28-2004, 02:41 PM
Since we got over a foot of " WTF is this SNOW Crap" in south Texas You must have set the Record ???? You just don't want to admit your responsible for that Tidal Wave :shift: when you came back down :idea:

moneysucker
12-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Shhh, The wave was from my air craft carrier jump record. Didn't think about the landing too much. I didn't have the crack team that I have for this one. I posted the details on the carrier forums on www.bigships.com there was no place for it on this board and if i posted that on here Jer would have had kittens. He doesn't like this one. Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend.