PDA

View Full Version : Trident Custom Boats Update!!!!! (pics)

BLOWN HOWARD
12-16-2004, 12:00 PM
Went down to Trident and spent the day with WES, The spy pictures will be available on EBAY this afternoon for you to purchase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont think there is anything on the market that can come close to the new 27ft Deckboat. Lets just say that i picked up the front of the boat top deck between the sponsons 3ft off the ground with one arm......... Guarantee that the is nothing and i repeat nothing on the market or coming on to the market as sick as this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont let wes know that i took some spy pics!!!!

Kilrtoy
12-16-2004, 12:03 PM
I think a Howard might ,
LOL ;)

Infomaniac
12-16-2004, 12:23 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

al cole'holic
12-16-2004, 12:26 PM
..why does the title of this thread say (pics)?? :mad:

RiverDave
12-16-2004, 12:27 PM
I thougth maybe it was just me that couldn't see them?
RD

HCS
12-16-2004, 12:30 PM
I must need glasses.

SCUBA STEVE
12-16-2004, 12:35 PM
Where are the pics? :D

GrapeApe
12-16-2004, 12:37 PM
No Pics..!!!! And to be honest not much of an Update either... Come on Wes... Straighten this Spy out and give us a formal update with Pics..
*** Grape Ape ***

MOBrien
12-16-2004, 12:40 PM
I'm confused. jk. :D
We want pics of that bad 27 decker!

ROZ
12-16-2004, 12:41 PM
Define pics :D
I'll agree that the REvolution will be just that, a Revolution... If it performs as designed, I think it'll be the most innovative thing on water since the Spectra hull ....
Is the deck on the hull yet? :confused:

RiverOtter
12-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Hey! Cool Pics!!

GHTRIM
12-16-2004, 12:50 PM
Pics for sale... :confused: On Ebay??????? :frown: Wow let me get out my debit card.... Anyone want to go in on some pics with me?????? I'm sure it will be a bargin :yuk: :)

BLOWN HOWARD
12-16-2004, 03:06 PM
Actually went down to Trident and left the camera in the car. Thought the Ebay thing would get people a little fired up :D all fun in games. Lets just say that this is going to be the boat that has it all and then sum!!!! If you have thought of something Wes has thought of it better and the next idea to come to mind. Cant wait to see it finished at the L.A show. Hey Wes thanks for the hospitality,and the truck looks good.

Froggystyle
12-17-2004, 11:49 AM
Thanks Chris, it was great to meet you and hang out with you for the day.
I am getting a real update together right now. The top has been dry fit a couple of times now, we have built the bulkheads underneath the deck and fitted and installed the fuel tank. The next step is the big bond, which we will do Monday after I have confirmed with myself that there is nothing more I have to do before joining them.
The trailer just showed up today from Extreme too. I got a shop trailer for moving the boats around on and it is nicer than any other trailer I have ever had! The real trailers are pretty loaded stock with torsion bar axles, LED lights and some pretty sick fabrication on them.
Anyway, back to the grindstone. Here is a pic to tie you over...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8516&stc=1

redi4fun
12-17-2004, 11:55 AM
Oh Sh*t, That thing looks sick. Santa where ever you are can I have one of these for Christmas? :rolleyes: I have been a good boy ;) :p

ROZ
12-17-2004, 11:56 AM
Now that's what I'm talkin' about !!!
The picture doesn't even come close to representing how bitchen the gel and it's fades look in person...
BTW, It looks like you washed it ;) :D

welk2party
12-17-2004, 11:57 AM
I am getting a real update together right now. The top has been dry fit a couple of times now, we have built the bulkheads underneath the deck and fitted and installed the fuel tank. The next step is the big bond, which we will do Monday after I have confirmed with myself that there is nothing more I have to do before joining them.
The trailer just showed up today from Extreme too. I got a shop trailer for moving the boats around on and it is nicer than any other trailer I have ever had! The real trailers are pretty loaded stock with torsion bar axles, LED lights and some pretty sick fabrication on them.
Awesome gel work Wes. That boat is just getting sicker by the day. I cannot wait to see the final product. I am a much bigger fan of the hull shape with the graphics on it than without.

phebus
12-17-2004, 12:09 PM
Wes, what is the estimated completion date? I imagine it will take a while to rig, as it is the first one, and you will probably be making jigs as you go for future mounting ease and consistency.

SCUBA STEVE
12-17-2004, 12:09 PM
Wow Wes, it's coming out good! Can't wait to see the finished product. :D

RiverDave
12-17-2004, 12:25 PM
FroggyStyle, you might want to talk to Extreme about Torsions on the trailer.. It's my understanding that the torsions that everyone is using are pretty much standard and they have a weight capacity of 2500 lbs per torsion. So if you have a bad ass triple axle trailer with torsions the weight capacity of it is going to be 7500 lbs as far as the suspension is concerned and go bouncing down the road if you only have a couple two or three thousand pounds on it.
I had these torsions custom made for my mini boat project. Becuase I wanted to keep the wheel spacing close and the trailer slammed.
http://www.riverratlife.com/dave/images/bubbles/Torsions1.jpg
http://www.riverratlife.net/dave/images/bubbles/1stRiverTrip/BubblesDone10.JPG
So it is possible to get torsions made that will have a very close weight rating to what your trying to haul even if the boat is light and it's a triple axle.. I'm not sure how much it will bump the price of the trailer for you though? Or you will have to revert back to leafs, so that you can use softer springs, but then you lose that close wheel spacing and "variable" (to a degree) ride height depending on the customer.)
RD

OGShocker
12-17-2004, 12:31 PM
Here is a pic to tie you over...
PIC TEASER! :D

mbrown2
12-17-2004, 12:44 PM
Looking good Froggy....luv the fades...

topless
12-17-2004, 01:13 PM
Is that a SeaDoo? :eek:

al cole'holic
12-17-2004, 01:28 PM
I'm hiding my wood under the desk and can't get up right now! I can't wait to bring her home... :D

Havasu_Dreamin
12-17-2004, 03:54 PM
Not exactly the colors I would choose, but damn, the fades on that thing just from the pcitures alone are nothing short of AMAZING! Wes, the Revolution is looking very sweet!

Froggystyle
12-17-2004, 03:59 PM
Good concerns Dave.
After going round and round with Tom and Eddie from Extreme, we have decided on a tandem axle trailer for the Revolution. This is for a variety of reasons. First, the trailer will be considerable lighter. Second, there will be no need for a triple axle with the extreme light weight of the boat. Third, tandems trailer WAY better through parking lots and backing into garages than a triple does. Fourth, there is the decreased expense both at purchase and when it comes time to buy new tires.
There are a bunch more reasons. People will probably give me shit about using 15" wheels with high profile trailer tires too. I have my reasons for that as well. The biggest one is, I have chosen the country's most popular size and rating of trailer specific tire. Tires don't blow in big cities... they blow in the middle of nowhere. Having the spare and a common tire size should really help out folks a lot. Not to mention, this is a trailer... not the boat. It's job is to get it to and from the river safely and protect it while on the trailer. Looks are a small part of it.
Good stuff though...

Infomaniac
12-17-2004, 05:00 PM
WOW !! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

superdave013
12-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Having the spare and a common tire size should really help out folks a lot. .
no shit, I had to run some used tire just to get home before. And was damn glad I found it in the pile at the tire shop!
Boat looks killer Wes. You have to be on cloud nine right now!

BLOWN HOWARD
12-17-2004, 08:31 PM
Let me just say that the Gel work on this boat is some of the sickest fades and lines i have ever seen!!!!!!!! If anybody wonders whats going to be on the option list, forget it Wes has pulled out all the stops and this things only comes one way LOADED!!!!!!!!!!!! No wasting time with the little bullshit lets get down to bussines and pick the Gel!!!! Wes cant say enough about the boat except for since i have been down there i cant stop talking about the boat to everybody i know!!!!!!!!

jlnorthrup122
12-17-2004, 08:54 PM
Hey froggy it seems as though you are very close in location to John West/ ultra custom boats! My question would be if this is true: has west been over to see the revolution? does he like it as well! the revolution is a piece of art and is very different from todays conventional design! the platform around the assend and up the side is bad ass it looks like something you would see on a multi million dollar yacht! Also you have an ultra jet boat that was featchured in hot boat paired up with an eleminator jetboat as well?

Waldo
12-17-2004, 10:42 PM
How long until someone actually has one in the water?
It seems like it has been a while since the whole "Trident" thing has started. Not tryin' to be a prick, just was wondering.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-17-2004, 10:47 PM
How long until someone actually has one in the water?
It seems like it has been a while since the whole "Trident" thing has started. Not tryin' to be a prick, just was wondering.
Considering it's all original tooling incorporating some very interesting design concepts and new technologies not seen in the industry, it seems to be right on target in terms of time.

nmboats
12-17-2004, 11:41 PM
:rollside: WOW that realy looks great !!! :rollside:

hoolign
12-17-2004, 11:57 PM
Is that a SeaDoo? :eek:
That's it woman...back inthe van!!!
:burningm:
Looks fantastic Wes!! When are ya bringing one up to Kelowna? :idea:

NashvilleBound
12-18-2004, 05:49 AM
Good concerns Dave.
After going round and round with Tom and Eddie from Extreme, we have decided on a tandem axle trailer for the Revolution. This is for a variety of reasons. First, the trailer will be considerable lighter. Second, there will be no need for a triple axle with the extreme light weight of the boat. Third, tandems trailer WAY better through parking lots and backing into garages than a triple does. Fourth, there is the decreased expense both at purchase and when it comes time to buy new tires.
There are a bunch more reasons. People will probably give me shit about using 15" wheels with high profile trailer tires too. I have my reasons for that as well. The biggest one is, I have chosen the country's most popular size and rating of trailer specific tire. Tires don't blow in big cities... they blow in the middle of nowhere. Having the spare and a common tire size should really help out folks a lot. Not to mention, this is a trailer... not the boat. It's job is to get it to and from the river safely and protect it while on the trailer. Looks are a small part of it.
Good stuff though...
Finally, Someone addressing the trailer issues too! All the re-working I did to mine...too much BS. When I did mine I did the same size rim w/8 lug pattern as my truck. Just a much smaller tire.... cant wait to see it next week Wes!!!!

RiverOtter
12-18-2004, 05:50 AM
Finally, Someone addressing the trailer issues too! All the re-working I did to mine...too much BS. When I did mine I did the same size rim w/8 lug pattern as my truck. Just a much smaller tire.... cant wait to see it next week Wes!!!!
Hey Nashville! Hows the West Coast?

throwerb
12-18-2004, 07:42 AM
Wes, that thing is beautiful! You must be very proud of it and your whole team. Can't wait to see the finished product.

NashvilleBound
12-18-2004, 07:53 AM
Hey Nashville! Hows the West Coast?
We have a Hummer limo coming tomorrow at 6am......figured the kids would like that.... Sun-Sun. We have to come back early as Stacy has two closings(cough....throwerb) the 27th and 30th.

RiverOtter
12-18-2004, 07:59 AM
We have a Hummer limo coming tomorrow at 6am......figured the kids would like that.... Sun-Sun. We have to come back early as Stacy has two closings(cough....throwerb) the 27th and 30th.
Dam shame ya gotta come back and make money :D Will that limo be towing a new deck boat??

NashvilleBound
12-18-2004, 08:21 AM
Dam shame ya gotta come back and make money :D Will that limo be towing a new deck boat??
Fortunately the limo is only taking us to the airport...lol.... Its hard to believe were going to have a snow storm tomorrow...what a beautiful day were having!

Seadog
12-18-2004, 08:34 AM
Wes, I wish I could afford one. It is great to see someone finally make a boat and be practical about the trailer.

throwerb
12-18-2004, 12:29 PM
I think Stacy should tell that jerk that she is going to stay in CA longer and that he is just going to have to wait.

NashvilleBound
12-18-2004, 12:45 PM
I think Stacy should tell that jerk that she is going to stay in CA longer and that he is just going to have to wait.
Ya knoowwww....I think your on to something :rollside:

RiverOtter
12-18-2004, 12:45 PM
Fortunately the limo is only taking us to the airport...lol.... Its hard to believe were going to have a snow storm tomorrow...what a beautiful day were having!
Don't get too siked up about the "snow storm" :rolleyes: Probably be a dusting at best but that would be enought to close schools for a couple of weeks :rolleyes:

NashvilleBound
12-18-2004, 12:47 PM
I think we have just highjacked another thread.....

RiverOtter
12-18-2004, 12:49 PM
http://midwestboatparty.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/ot.gif Gettin dam good at it too http://midwestboatparty.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/rollinglaugh.gif

NashvilleBound
12-18-2004, 01:08 PM
http://midwestboatparty.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/ot.gif Gettin dam good at it too http://midwestboatparty.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/rollinglaugh.gif
LOL...gotta be good at sumptin'

throwerb
12-18-2004, 01:18 PM
That Trident sure would look good in my new driveway if it closed on the 31st. ;)

NashvilleBound
12-18-2004, 01:52 PM
That Trident sure would look good in my new driveway if it closed on the 31st. ;)
Well, its a good thing your closing on the 30th....I think you should order one!!!