PDA

View Full Version : Deer hunt in Mississippi!

OGShocker
12-16-2004, 01:00 PM
My friend just send some pictures of the Deer Hunt in November. He sent these pictures because he thinks the "left coast" people will freak out when they see them. Joseph is from Mississippi and the kids in the pictures are his. I am sending him the link to the thread so sound off on your feelings. I camo'd the faces (in photochop) of the little ones because their ages.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8483&stc=1
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8485&stc=1
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8484&stc=1

RiverOtter
12-16-2004, 01:01 PM
:coffeycup Anybody.... :coffeycup

OGShocker
12-16-2004, 01:02 PM
I am popping the popcorn!

MudPumper
12-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Nothing bad to report here. I've been on the left coast all my life but understand that hunting is tradition in states like Miss. I'm sure your friend will be using the meat from the deer, teaching his children firearms safety, and teaching them the importance of conservation. All this and he is spending quality time with his children and giving them a lesson on wildlife and the wilderness. Good for him. :wink:

BowTie Rick
12-16-2004, 01:27 PM
They killed Rudolph :2purples: :D
No Santa for you. One year!
~ X-Mas Nazi

repo man
12-16-2004, 01:29 PM
sweet pics, the ''family that hunts together stays together'' acording to ted nugent. stats say kids raised around guns and hunting don't shoot other kids while secretly showing dads gun off.

78Eliminator
12-16-2004, 01:29 PM
That shit looks demented, but I like it. If I have a kid, I am going to raise them to think the apocalypse is coming soon. They will all have a fully automatic uzis to keep under their pillows and they will practice knife fighting every night with magic markers. It's going to be fun times....

wildbillg
12-16-2004, 01:31 PM
You've got to love a family that hunts together. there is nutin better tasten then a bambi fresh out of the woods, specialy a corn feed one!
steaks, roasts, and jerkey!!!!

harleypauls
12-16-2004, 01:42 PM
I am from the east coast orginally. I moved here in 1990. The one thing I miss the most from there is hunting. I came here to make $$$$$. I have a beautiful wife, great kids and a great life. I miss hunting. I haven't been since I moved here. When I was back there, when I wasn't at work, I was either hunting or fishing. I miss hunting. I went to colorado in Nov. 2004 for a week, and it was awsome just to get back into the woods. Back home(Pennsylvania), we would load 6 or 8 uncles, fathers, sons all in a truck and go hunting for a week, and share good times. I miss them. When the week was over, the meat was split equally among the hunters, so everyone got some. When you got your first deer, it was kind of like you became a man. Right of passage kind of thing. I miss it.
This year my resolution at New Year's is to go back there with the old clan and enjoy the hunt. Even if I don't see or get anything, it will still be a good time. I miss hunting!!
Sorry for the long post, the subject kind of struck a nerve!!
Paul

Delta Jets
12-16-2004, 02:06 PM
Looks great to me but then again i am kinda biased born and raised in Mississippi LOL we like boats too great to see people teaching their kids hunt its really a great tradition to pass down

OGShocker
12-16-2004, 02:09 PM
See Joseph, not all west coast men wear heals, pierce their bung holes and have sex with other men. :D

NOTALENT
12-16-2004, 02:10 PM
I am from the east coast orginally. I moved here in 1990. The one thing I miss the most from there is hunting. I came here to make $$$$$. I have a beautiful wife, great kids and a great life. I miss hunting. I haven't been since I moved here. When I was back there, when I wasn't at work, I was either hunting or fishing. I miss hunting. I went to colorado in Nov. 2004 for a week, and it was awsome just to get back into the woods. Back home(Pennsylvania), we would load 6 or 8 uncles, fathers, sons all in a truck and go hunting for a week, and share good times. I miss them. When the week was over, the meat was split equally among the hunters, so everyone got some. When you got your first deer, it was kind of like you became a man. Right of passage kind of thing. I miss it.
This year my resolution at New Year's is to go back there with the old clan and enjoy the hunt. Even if I don't see or get anything, it will still be a good time. I miss hunting!!
Sorry for the long post, the subject kind of struck a nerve!!
Paul
When you get ur first Deer do you slit the throat and drink the blood???

Dribble
12-16-2004, 02:15 PM
I don't hunt, Never have never will.
This probably won't be too controversial on this forum. Almost everyone here believes in individual freedoms, gun ownership and all the other principles that the founding fathers so wisely protected.
I see the people that freak out over this kind of thing eating hamburgers everyday. They're all a bunch of hypocrites.

Delta Jets
12-16-2004, 02:16 PM
[QUOTE=OGShocker]See Joseph, not all west coast men wear heals, pierce their bung holes and have sex with other men. :D[/QUO
Thats what i thought untill i signed on to ***boat and was suprised to see so many republicans on the boards i even started defending y'all in political conversations that everbody in Cali is not liberal

Delta Jets
12-16-2004, 02:18 PM
When you get ur first Deer do you slit the throat and drink the blood???
No just get blood smeared all over your face and clothes

Moneypitt
12-16-2004, 02:32 PM
Hunting and fishing is as American as Mom,Apple pie, and baseball. I use to hunt, eat what I shot, Fish, eat what I caught, etc...Somewhere along the line I just lost the urge to kill anything. I now would rather capture the shot with a camera with the animal in the cross hairs, so to speak. Just because I personally don't wish to kill anything anymore does not prevent others from enjoying their sport, and carrying on family traditions. Children raised around guns and gun safety a far less likely to have accidents with guns than children raised in an anti gun home who become curious when they finally encounter a weapon.................MP

Roxysnow
12-16-2004, 02:49 PM
I think hunting is perfectly fine as long as the people hunting are responsible and all licenses obtained. But I don't think I'd expose a 2-3 yr old to the hobby just yet. The pic with the daughter makes my stomach turn, even though the pic was taken with adults, she has no clue how serious that weapon is and she smiling like its a toy and holding it by the barrel , right next to her head. I would suggest going for hte full camo look, I think the pink clashes with the camo also. :sqeyes: . Let's keep the kids and guns pics for another site. $.02 :devil: oh, and nice face camo!!! :D

djunkie
12-16-2004, 02:58 PM
Nope it won't offend me one bit. In fact heres a pic of the one I got last year.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1768nebraska_nov_2003_013.jpg

harleypauls
12-16-2004, 03:00 PM
Nope it won't offend me one bit. In fact heres a pic of the one I got last year.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1768nebraska_nov_2003_013.jpg
djunkie, Nice rack!! Where did you get him at?
Paul

djunkie
12-16-2004, 03:00 PM
I agree the littles ones should be alittle older before they are exposed but in my opinion it is good to show kids the proper ways to use and handle fire arms. Just lowers the chances of accidents in homes that have firearms.

djunkie
12-16-2004, 03:03 PM
I have family in Nebraska and I go back every year. I got another this year but it wasn't as good as that one last year. Here is a pic of it caped with me in front of it, gives you an idea of the size of the rack.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1768nebraska_nov_2003_037.jpg

Roxysnow
12-16-2004, 03:10 PM
I guess thats another way to get some head? :rollside:

OC-PARTYCAT
12-16-2004, 03:15 PM
nice rack :)

OGShocker
12-17-2004, 06:24 AM
[QUOTE=OGShocker]See Joseph, not all west coast men wear heals, pierce their bung holes and have sex with other men. :D[/QUO
Thats what i thought untill i signed on to ***boat and was suprised to see so many republicans on the boards i even started defending y'all in political conversations that everbody in Cali is not liberal
Thanks! Some of us need supporting! :hammerhea

Jetdriver
12-17-2004, 06:37 AM
Nothing wrong with that at all. I used to hunt deer with my dad, I have good memories of that stuff. Now can I get some meat sent out here??? :D

OGShocker
12-17-2004, 06:42 AM
Hey Joseph! JD wants your meat. :supp: :D
Here is a picture of the Sausage grinder they used this year.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8511&stc=1

PowellScooter
12-17-2004, 06:43 AM
:devil: GIT ER DONE !

lucky
12-17-2004, 07:23 AM
Ohh dear - lmao -- nice pics - had one in my sites last night , but the four banger just did not have enought upmmmpfff :D

Jetdriver
12-17-2004, 07:36 AM
Hey Joseph! JD wants your meat. :supp: :D
Here is a picture of the Sausage grinder they used this year.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8511&stc=1
Not exactly! DEER meat only! :D :D :D

Taylorman
12-17-2004, 11:39 AM
Did someone say Mississippi. I just happened to be in Miss this past weekend and left with this. 205 lbs. Not a huge rack but he was big. Even better since it was with a muzzleloader.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1615986130-R1-015-60.jpg