PDA

View Full Version : Tires?????

essexjet
12-16-2004, 04:47 PM
I will be lifting my 04 Superduty 6" in the next couple of days and am looking for a tire. I will be keeping my stock 16" rims so I will need a 315/75R16 tire. I've looked at the BF Goodrich a/t, but today saw the nitto terra gripper and was wondering if anyone here has them if so what do you think of them. I look for an A/T tire with as little as possible road noise.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1905Picture_095-med.jpg

sigepmock
12-17-2004, 07:16 AM
I ran the BFG A/T's on my truck and loved them except.....that the tread is just the right size to pick-up little rocks and fling them at the underside of the truck when you get up to speed. I have a lot of little knicks and dings on the rocker panels and bottoms of my doors. I have a few buddies running the Nitto and the really like the ride, quiet, but aren't getting the milage out of them like the BFG's.
Chris

essexjet
12-17-2004, 08:46 AM
I ran the BFG A/T's on my truck and loved them except.....that the tread is just the right size to pick-up little rocks and fling them at the underside of the truck when you get up to speed. I have a lot of little knicks and dings on the rocker panels and bottoms of my doors. I have a few buddies running the Nitto and the really like the ride, quiet, but aren't getting the milage out of them like the BFG's.
Chris
Thanks sigepmock, the milage is the one thing that worries me. Do you know if the nitto are radial?

sigepmock
12-17-2004, 09:56 AM
I have to appolagize my buddies are running the "Mud Grappler" not the all terrain Nitto. I did a littelr esearch and it looks like the Terra Grappler is a radial. Here's a link:
Nitto (http://www.nittotire.com/tires_terragrappler.asp)
Look under specs. Sorry for the miss information earlier. I think the Mud Grappler has a softer compound and maybe that's the reason for the milage issues.

riverbound
12-17-2004, 10:09 AM
If you are looking for a tire thet gets good mileage and little to no road noise the BFG All Terrain is the way to go. I have pretty much ran every tire out there on my trucks and I keep going back to the BFG. Right now I'm running the procomp xterrain So far I have gotten good use out of them but they are noisy as soon as it is time to replace the BFG are going on.

mbrown2
12-17-2004, 03:53 PM
For a mudder, I would look at the Toyo Mud Terrain tire....When I did 20's on my truck, I was contemplating the new BFG's, Nitto and Toyo's...my installer who does a ton of these trucks and carry's all the brands recommended the Toyo's...just says they come pefectly round...he has to add weights here and there on those other brands....Also, for a mud terrain they as comfortable and quiet as the BFT A/T's were on my old truck....Had BFG's Mud's on my old truck before the A/T's and constantly had to have the balanced...I said enough only after 15K miles on them...

essexjet
12-17-2004, 04:09 PM
For a mudder, I would look at the Toyo Mud Terrain tire....When I did 20's on my truck, I was contemplating the new BFG's, Nitto and Toyo's...my installer who does a ton of these trucks and carry's all the brands recommended the Toyo's...just says they come pefectly round...he has to add weights here and there on those other brands....Also, for a mud terrain they as comfortable and quiet as the BFT A/T's were on my old truck....Had BFG's Mud's on my old truck before the A/T's and constantly had to have the balanced...I said enough only after 15K miles on them...I looked at the toyos and they looked like the BFG's a/t but the nitto have more of a boxed look to them. Damn did know that buying a tire will so hard :confused: