PDA

View Full Version : TR Roost-2005 date

Ken F
12-18-2004, 06:12 AM
Okay all, this year the Roost will be held July 16th & 17th which is Saturday and Sunday.
I've spoken with the Lazy Eagle Resort, and they have 6 rooms available (2 non-smoking, and 4 smoking), so anyone interested should contact them asap with CC #'s for reservations. This can be done at www.lazyeagleresort.com, or by calling 417-271-3390. Tell them you are with the Table Rock Roost group, or they won't give you a room.
Two other resorts are supposed to contact me right after the first of the year and let me know how many rooms they have avialable. We also have a possibility of some cabin/home rentals in the area thanks to SwitchinAddiction for those of you who might want to come and stay for a week.
Eureka Springs Arkansas is a beautiful little victorian town and only a 20 minute drive from the roost. Ervin & Rebecca Capps own the Benton Place B&B there, and have 3 rooms available. this is a very romantic B & B and very reasonbly priced! WWW.BentonPlace.com
Mark, you are speaking of the Crescent Hotel in Eureka! Beautiful place,
http://www.crescent-hotel.com/ you might PM Ruggs and see if he wouldn't let you park your fire-breather in his shop for a few overnighters. Bet he would.
Camping is available in unlimited quanities at ReserveAmerica.com. Search for Eagle Rock Campground in Missouri, and it will show you a map of whats available. This is a federal campground run by the Corps of Engineers, and has Restrooms & 2 shower facilities. Reservations can be made online.
Pre-registration for the roost will be done online this year. More posted on this later, when I get it set up.
We are really looking forward to having another great roost this year! The locals are looking forward to it as much as we are I think! Got a lot of really great feedback last year from the local population and businesses. Uncle Roys convienance store (1/4 mile tow from the launchramp) is going to fill their tanks with unleaded premium again this year, and Whiskers lounge (right next to Ruggles Brothers (howdy Ruggs!!!) has expanded to include live music and a dancefloor!
Thanks,
Ken F

Unchained
12-18-2004, 08:50 AM
I have a room reserved from Thursday though Sunday.
I just bought a 3.5 gallon Imco stainless gas tank that I am going to mount in front of the engine for some additional fuel capacity. I got a great deal on a tank brand new in the box on www.racingjunk.com for 1/2 of new price.
That together with the two 8 gallon side tanks should let me go for at least a 35 mile round trip.
At a place as large as Table Rock Lake fuel economy becomes a major concern.
Mark

Carnivalride
12-18-2004, 01:45 PM
Ken,
Where's the closest place to get av-gas down there? Or will I need to bring my own? I'll probably be coming down from Big Creek since my wife and the owners are old high school friends but I'd love to try and catch up with you guys at Eagle Rock. Do you have a tenative schedule of events or anything yet?
Loren

Ken F
12-18-2004, 03:53 PM
Loren,
I would try calling the Branson Regional Airport as that would be closest.
Next best would be Springfield Regional Airport and I know it is available there.
Not really a schedule as of yet, but I imagine it will be pretty close to last year. Boat show Saturday morning at the Eagle Rock Marina, and dinner Saturday night followed by awards. This year I'm gooing to try and have more get-together time for people to get acquainted. This is something I really missed last year. Sunday afternoon we all met on a sandbar and had a really great time just talking & eating leftover ribs! lol
Ken F

switchin'addiction
12-18-2004, 10:11 PM
Ken - Didn't get your message until this evening & didn't want to interrupt your Sat evening. I'll give you a ring tomorrow. I've made a few calls in regards to the different locations & types of lodging that I might be able to secure for some people who are interested. I do not know anything as of yet, but at least I've got the ball rolling. When I find out what is available I will post locations, pricing, & contact numbers. I also made a couple of calls in regards to potential sponsors. Looks like I may be able to stir up a few, but I wanted to discuss this with you in further detail before I started asking for specifics.

Carnivalride
12-19-2004, 09:02 PM
Loren,
Boat show Saturday morning at the Eagle Rock Marina, and dinner Saturday night followed by awards. This year I'm gooing to try and have more get-together time for people to get acquainted. This is something I really missed last year. Sunday afternoon we all met on a sandbar and had a really great time just talking & eating leftover ribs! lol
Ken F
Ken,
How long's the boat show? Do you guys ever get the boats wet saturday or just sunday? Wasn't there last year so I have no idea of the times. Trying to make plans to meet up with people this year.
Thanks,
Loren

Ken F
12-20-2004, 04:13 AM
Loren,
What we did last year was to all meet on the ramp parking area for the boat show at 9:00 am. Saturday. This was a pretty good opportunity for people to get acquainted, and to oogle each others boats. Then we all began to get them wet about 10:30-11:00. Everyone went out and played until about 2, and then we did a trip down the white river, then came back for BBQ, awards, and music.
Sunday was pretty well un-organized other than the bridge wet-down & video. This is where we all lined up in the lake & made a screaming pass under the bridge & doused it down. After this, we all met on a sandy beach and sat and talked, made some speed passes, ect.
Friday was just sort of a gathering day at the campground & Marina. Lots of people set up camp that day, and got themselves famailar with the lake area.
Hope this helps!
Ken F

Carnivalride
12-20-2004, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to keep on eye on the site for updates.

Ken F
12-21-2004, 05:20 AM
Well, I heard from the lazy eagle Resort, and all the available rooms are taken.
I should hear from the other resort after the 1st of the year, so when any more rooms are open for our weekend, I'll post them here.
Thanks,
Ken F

DUECE'SDAD
12-21-2004, 06:42 AM
. . . on my calander so we will be there for sure. We usually dont make any plans except on getting somewhere, there is always a place to sleep in the car if no where else. I will try to bring some more younger guys with me, there are about 4 of us getting our boats ready, the other three are jets (youngblood tunnel, southwind, and sanger jet). Look forward to meeting all of you and I should have fresh paint and another tow rig, Dustin

Ken F
12-21-2004, 11:38 AM
Dustin,
I would look at the above post and reserve yourself a campsite at the Eagle Rock Campground. It's a great place, with showers, Restrooms, and right where all the action will be!
Look forward to seeing all you guys there!!!
Ken F

switchin'addiction
12-21-2004, 11:41 AM
Ken - Check your PM's.

Taylorman
12-21-2004, 01:57 PM
Count me in for sure. Cant wait.

INEEDAV
01-04-2005, 07:28 PM
I hope I can make it to the roost this year even though it is a v-drive. Ran the boat a bunch this summer in the pits over around Columbus, KS. Didn't get the motor all together and the boat ready until the roost was over last year so I couldn't make it.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/169000_0558resize.JPG

Carnivalride
01-21-2005, 11:28 AM
Bump! Anymore news or updates? :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

switchin'addiction
02-03-2005, 10:25 PM
TTT

switchin'addiction
02-04-2005, 09:59 PM
We also have a possibility of some cabin/home rentals in the area thanks to SwitchinAddiction for those of you who might want to come and stay for a week.
If anyone is thinking of more than just a weekend stay I may be able to help with your lodging needs. I've got a few numbers of individuals who would be willing to rent their lake homes out for a week or so if anyone would be interested. I do have some resort information as well in the Eagle Rock area for those that do not want to stay in the campground. These cabins will be going quick as well, but I was told that as of today there are still some available.
Trust me, there are very few "rooms" left that are anywhere close to Eagle Rock so for those that are serious about going you may want to start getting your rooms reserved. Campsites will not be a problem, but if that's not your thing you need to get your room/cabin reserved before they are all gone. If anyone needs any help in finding a place for the weekend let me know & I will pass along the phone numbers.
If anyone has any questions or suggestions, obviously Ken is the "go to" guy, but I am going to be helping Ken in whatever way I can this year so I just wanted everyone to know they can contact me as well for information if you can't reach Ken. You can post your questions here, shoot me a PM, or you can send me an email (tablerockroost@sbcglobal.net) .
Steve

Ken F
02-05-2005, 07:53 PM
Steve,
Thanks so much for your help this year!
I have spoken with the BBQ guy who did last years Roost, and he is happy to do it again for us, and the food was great imho. We also had enough ribs left over for quite a picnic on a sandy beach Sunday for all the folks who just couldn't quite give up that soon. For me, the quiet times on the beach was the best time of the roost, cause we got to sit and really talk and get to know each other. The first roost was that way too, we all met in a small cove, had a few coctails and swapped boat stories while standing waist deep in water at the stern of some beautiful boats!
I have been contacting resorts and asking them to let me know if they have any cancellations. All have been very cooperative in this reguard. I'll post when any come up, and they always seem to a little closer to summer.
Summer.....anybody else getting as excited as I am??? lol
Ken

switchin'addiction
02-05-2005, 08:12 PM
Steve,
Thanks so much for your help this year!
No problem. Let me know what else I can do & I will get on it.
I have been contacting resorts and asking them to let me know if they have any cancellations. All have been very cooperative in this reguard.
I've been doing the same & I can't believe how friendly & helpful they have all been.

Taylorman
02-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Has anyone tried to contact Hot Boat to try to get someone to come to Tablerock to do a writeup on the event?

kp216
02-17-2005, 04:28 AM
Bumpin' it to keep everyone reminded... :D

DUECE'SDAD
02-17-2005, 07:51 AM
I got number 5,6,7 at eagle rock for the the kids,wife and I, and reserved two others for more guys coming up with us. I know they're reading this and havent posted on here like they should. Anyways If all goes as planned there will be 8 couples and three little kids. The Shovelnose will be there as well as a hondo jet hydro, a tahita jet and another cool jet that im not going to mention, that way he will have to post and brag about his boat. So speaking on behalf of everyone coming with us we look forward to meeting all you and have a good ole' laid back time. We'll be there friday afternoon, Dustin

Taylorman
02-17-2005, 08:26 AM
Question for anyone who has been before and are familiar with the campgrounds. How big is the campground and whats the best spots to be in realative to where to roost is? There are many spots open. What spots to book?

switchin'addiction
02-17-2005, 08:39 AM
Duece glad to see you got your sites reserved, looking forward to meeting you all as well.
Taylor, I am going to try & get down there in the next week or so to snap some pictures to give people an idea of the different campsites. If you have one in mind let me know & I will snap some pictures of the specific site for you.
Steve

Taylorman
02-17-2005, 08:48 AM
No specific site in mind, just wondering where everyone else will be. I was thinking if there was a sand bar near a certain area of the campground that everyone could reserve spots in the same area.

switchin'addiction
02-17-2005, 08:54 AM
I think most of the sites right on the water have already been taken.

kp216
02-17-2005, 09:01 AM
Taylor - No sand bars in the "immediate" area. The one we hung out at last year was about a 5 minute (depending on how fast you wanted to get there :D ) ride.
There are two areas to the campground, one on each side of the road. The campground where the main ramp is and the area where we did the show-N-shine has gravel drives. I stayed in the campground across the road which is paved with good hard, flat sites. I needed that for my 28' 5th wheel.
I think I've got some pictures at home that might show some of the campground(s). I'll check, and if I do, I'll post'em up.
Kevin

Taylorman
02-17-2005, 09:57 AM
Sounds good.

kp216
02-17-2005, 06:51 PM
Taylorman - These are the best I could come up with, sorry.
This pic is from our campsite
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/327Picture_003-med.jpg
You can see the bridge in the background and the marina is just to the left of the bridge. On the left side of the picture you can see the other campground.
If you go here (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/327Picture_003.jpg) you can see a larger image.
The next 2 pics also have some eye candy. ;)
This one shows Blade's boat, but in the background you can see the bridge and the other campground where the first pic was taken from on top of the hill.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/327Picture_006-med.JPG
Here (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/327Picture_006.JPG) is a much bigger pic.
This last one shows KenF's boat but in the background is the smaller campground. Directly in front of Ken's truck is the launch ramp and to the right, just outside the picture is the marina and lake.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/327Picture_013-med.jpg
Here's (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/327Picture_013.jpg) a much bigger picture.
Hope this helps.
Kevin

DUECE'SDAD
02-20-2005, 07:18 AM
Trying to convince a few more friends to come out to this years roost from the south tulsa area, I think it would be helpfull to show them pics of last years, Where are they ? ? ? is there a link ?

switchin'addiction
02-20-2005, 08:06 AM
Trying to convince a few more friends to come out to this years roost from the south tulsa area, I think it would be helpfull to show them pics of last years, Where are they ? ? ? is there a link ?
The pics from last year start here (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23443&page=6&pp=25) .

dragboatracer
03-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Kevin, how are things on your side of the fence????

Carnivalride
03-11-2005, 08:02 AM
So what kind of boats are coming to this?
From the picks I see several pickle fork jets and semi-vee jets. :cool: :cool: Anybody bringing a v-drive circle boat?? :eek: :eek: If a can make it I'll be bringing a V-drive Hondo runner bottom. :2purples: :2purples: Still waiting on the kids baseball schedule to make final arrangements. :hammerhea :hammerhea
Hope to see ya there,
Loren

Back Forty
03-11-2005, 03:05 PM
I think you'll find that you're more than welcome with this crowd. Good people! Wish I could make it this year!

Ken F
03-12-2005, 07:07 AM
Yep, Anyone is welcome, that is what the LBBA is about. Just people who love boats, getting together for some good times! We will have Outdrives, Outboards, plenty of Jets, Several V-drives, some Aluminum boats....
It's all good!
Ken F