PDA

View Full Version : Newbie ? re: 21' Wriedt Day Cruiser

CTRiverRat
12-18-2004, 07:19 AM
Guys, awesome site! I'm hoping someone here might have some info on a 21' Wriedt Custom Boats "day cruiser" design. I'm hoping wriedtstuff, restofreak, or someone else might know something about it.
I've come across one with a 455 Olds spinning a Berkley pump on a trailer. I should say the owner says it's a 21 footer and I've measured it to be around that, but I can't find anything online about it. It is a '73 and it is a Wriedt based on the WDT on the hull id. It's a day cruiser similar to the SabreJet above the rubrail, below it looks more like what few Wriedt pics I've been able to find. All of the Wriedt stuff I've some across have been for smaller, open style jets.
Is this thing fairly rare? It does run (could use a full tune), but needs a new interior and a full hull prep and paint. To be honest, it caught my eye because of the trailer which I've been looking for my 21' Sea Ray Seville Mid-Cabin (hey, I've got three rugrats!). But I've been looking for a jet to play around on the CT River with and it is a pretty cool looking boat with enough room for all of us. He's asking about a grand more than the trailer itself is worth and I'm just wondering if there's anything I should be cautious about if I decide I want to try to restore it.
Thanks for any info you might be able to share.

ONAROLL
12-19-2004, 08:24 PM
It sounds like a "Tiburon" does it have a stabbin cabin, and looks kinda like a Sleekcraft Executive? can you post some pics? if not gimme your email and I shoot you some pics of my old one........Vic

CTRiverRat
12-21-2004, 07:04 AM
It definitely has the same style cabin as the Sleekcraft Exec. so it must be a Tiburon. We got our first snowfall yesterday so the way I see it, the price will keep dropping from now through spring.
If you wouldn't mind sending some pics, I'd like to see what the cockpit is supposed to look like. This one currently has a couple of bass boat seats and what looks to be a homemade bench across the front of the firewall. The thing is a cosmetic mess but seems to be solid. I haven't been able to find any pics online so any that you had would be great.
Are there any weak spots I should be aware of? I'm really thinking about making this guy an offer with a wad of cash and see what happens. Thanks for your help.

moneysucker
12-21-2004, 12:32 PM
Make your offer soon and get crackin on the new project. You don't have any time to waste. If you need any assistance on building the seats I am sure I can help you out with a design for them.

ONAROLL
12-21-2004, 05:33 PM
It definitely has the same style cabin as the Sleekcraft Exec. so it must be a Tiburon. We got our first snowfall yesterday so the way I see it, the price will keep dropping from now through spring.
If you wouldn't mind sending some pics, I'd like to see what the cockpit is supposed to look like. This one currently has a couple of bass boat seats and what looks to be a homemade bench across the front of the firewall. The thing is a cosmetic mess but seems to be solid. I haven't been able to find any pics online so any that you had would be great.
Are there any weak spots I should be aware of? I'm really thinking about making this guy an offer with a wad of cash and see what happens. Thanks for your help.
Bill, I just sent you the pics, (Tiburon) sorry I didnt have any cock pit photo's, Im not aware of any inherant weakness, mine is built like a tank, it is the best rough water jet I have owned, and the swim platform makes it real swimmer friendly. I used mine for several years and the ol'455 finally spit its guts up, I have a rebuilt berkeley for it but it has taken to life under a tarp, Im doing a tunnel jet now and all extra cash goes its way, anyway if you need anything let me know...Vic