PDA

View Full Version : "Official East Coast Jet Boat Site"

fat rat
09-04-2001, 03:03 PM
Sorry Guys, I had to do it......but we need a starting point. We should keep to the topic. We all need to make this happen, some of those guys from the west said it can't.....but I think it will and I can't wait.

nitro557
09-04-2001, 03:45 PM
it will it will it will happen,i finally got all the bugs worked out and yes it does spin 6000rpm im gonna gps it tomorrow

Dimarco Kid
09-04-2001, 05:41 PM
Does it have to be called a "jet rally"? I got my v-drive and probably will get a few more.
My name suggestion is definatly, "Right Coast Rally 2002" we can call it RCR for short. I think it's a good "general name" That's my .02 worth.
Dimarco Kid

fat rat
09-04-2001, 05:51 PM
I personally don't care what it is called.....but would you want a Corvette Club to change it's name because someone brought a Cobra. But I think we need to focus on the Event.......who knows Barney might want to show up with his clip on....then what will we do?

Hallett of a Dream
09-04-2001, 05:57 PM
A club is a club, an event is an event...right?

Dimarco Kid
09-04-2001, 05:59 PM
I just looked at Lake Anna's web site. It looked nice. I'll have to take your words for this because I don't have a damn clue where to go!
Thing to consider:
Noise Ordinance? (Cause boys, the Kids zoomies make some noise!)
Speed Laws?
Easy access ramps and parking?
Lodging, fuel?
Any ordinances pertaining to crowds or camping if we want to?
And when we would need to make reservations if need be.
Hot Rod, you said that you might have a sponsor lined up? No need to mention any names untill the deal is closed. Just wanted to know how that was working out.
I think I'm going to contact ***boat and tell them what's going on. If we get a good program going I'll drill em' to show up. I think that would be fun.
Also, what would happen if a place turned up that we all agreed on and it was a national park, or something like that. If that happens, I think pitching in a few buck per boat to donate to whoever is letting us use the facilities would really help us out. Your opinions?
Last for tonight, I e-mailed a few guys, except Fatrat, which I should of, to form a commitee. Any of you guys have a particular field you would want to handle? Some people might be better at some thing than others. I can do anything the internet and phone will allow me.
Hold on boys, I think we're rollin'!!
Dimarco Kid

Dimarco Kid
09-04-2001, 06:02 PM
Hallett of a Dream, your right. We're not starting a club, we're organizing an event. I think we can definatly come up with a name to suit everyone. (Hot boats that is) FatRat, got any ideas on location of your choice?
Dimarco Kid

Dimarco Kid
09-04-2001, 06:08 PM
Does anyone know if Harve De Grace, MD have a website? Philly Ray really likes that place.
D. Kid

phillyray
09-04-2001, 06:26 PM
So is this it?... is this the place? ...are we sure?... I hope so,...I've got s--t posted all over the place!!!Ya gotta go find it on your own! If this thing ever takes place,I don't want to have a bunch of boaters driving all over the globe trying to find each other...what will the West Coast guys think!

Hallett of a Dream
09-04-2001, 06:35 PM
I didn't know about the Anna Point Inn, I didn't see it on the web site, sounds like a great place. Ok, here is my first task, I will handle the guest list and accomodations regardless of location. I will need to know what each party will need, be it hotel, campsite, B&B etc. What is lenght of the bash, a weekend or 4 days? Once we designate a site, I will begin the search. sound fair? Also, As far a sponsors go, what will the trade off be? We really need to know if any of these places have fuel on water and repairs nearby.

Hallett of a Dream
09-04-2001, 06:36 PM
The west coast guys might actually think we can get our chit together over here. hehehe

phillyray
09-04-2001, 06:39 PM
And one more thing!!! Is any one else working on a VIDEO for HOT SPOTS?... I'd like to see this Lake Anna in Va. and the spots in the Carlona's or Georgia...WELL. Just keep one thing in mind I cant be draging PHILLY CHEESE STEAKS and SOFT PRETZELS all over the place!

hot_rod
09-04-2001, 06:45 PM
Thinking out loud>>>>>
Ok...here comes the techie perspective.
I think we need to define some parameters for what we want to do. Then come up with a name that will give people an idea of what is coming down so when we make signs and flyers to pass out at our local boat shops to inform people that don't know about this forum they will have an idea 'at a glance' there is going to be an event.
1. Where is it going to be
(East Coast??)
2. What kind of boater do we want to attract
(Performance boats of all types??)
3. What type of event
(Rally, Jam(boree), Regatta??)
Main Entry: 1ral·ly
Pronunciation: 'ra-lE
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): ral·lied; ral·ly·ing
Etymology: French rallier, from Old French ralier, from re- + alier to unite -- more at ALLY
Date: 1603
transitive senses
1 a : to muster for a common purpose b : to recall to order
2 a : to arouse for action b : to rouse from depression or weakness
Main Entry: re·gat·ta
Pronunciation: ri-'gä-t&, -'ga-
Function: noun
Etymology: Italian regata
Date: 1652
: a rowing, speedboat, or sailing race or a series of such races
Main Entry: jam·bo·ree
Pronunciation: "jam-b&-'rE
Etymology: origin unknown
Date: 1864
1 : a noisy or unrestrained carouse
2 a : a large festive gathering b : a national or international camping assembly of Boy Scouts
3 : a long mixed program of entertainment
Do we just want to raft up and party??
Have a poker run??
Do radar runs (if someone has a radar gun)??
A little ¼ mile fun??
All of the above??
Where ever we pick to have the event we should be as certain as possible we wont be hassled by the water cops, I'm sure were going to attract some attn.
Just some food for thought
http://www.geocities.com/hot_rod20603/Hotrods_Jetboat_Page.html
http://www.bearshobbies.com/hotrods_signature.gif
[This message has been edited by hot_rod (edited September 04, 2001).]

Hallett of a Dream
09-04-2001, 06:45 PM
Hey Philly, I'm not a PA native but I do live here now...heck, why can't make a few cheese steaks while were there? Give them a taste of the good things in life.

Hallett of a Dream
09-04-2001, 06:48 PM
hotrod email me your phone # firezeus@penn.com

fat rat
09-04-2001, 06:50 PM
My suggestion is Lake Anna......I will submit my ideas for this location because I know the lake and area and its seems to be centrally located. This is my input based on facilities and easy access to every thing. The 40 room motel sits on about 3-4 acres, with pavilians BarB-Q pits, has a private cove with about 20 docks that is lit up at night plus security cameras, the launch ramp is about 60 foot wide big enough to launch several boats at one time and is 2 minutes away. There are also stores and other ammenities within walking distance. Just my input.....I will support what ever you guys want to do. I would love to have it up on the Pax River.....but there's no facilities with in reasonable distance. When I go to the water I don't want the hassle of driving some where for the night.....I like to park my boat and go to my room and chill out.

Hallett of a Dream
09-04-2001, 06:50 PM
I'm thinking it sounds more like a jamboree...

Hallett of a Dream
09-04-2001, 06:51 PM
Fat rat, can you email me your phone # too please?

phillyray
09-04-2001, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by hot_rod:
Thinking out loud>>>>>
Ok...here comes the techie perspective.
I think we need to define some parameters for what we want to do. Then come up with a name that will give people an idea of what is coming down so when we make signs and flyers to pass out at our local boat shops to inform people that don't know about this forum they will have an idea 'at a glance' there is going to be an event.
1. Where is it going to be
(East Coast??)
2. What kind of boater do we want to attract
(Performance boats of all types??)
3. What type of event
(Rally, Jam(boree), Regatta??)
Main Entry: 1ral·ly
Pronunciation: 'ra-lE
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): ral·lied; ral·ly·ing
Etymology: French rallier, from Old French ralier, from re- + alier to unite -- more at ALLY
Date: 1603
transitive senses
1 a : to muster for a common purpose b : to recall to order
2 a : to arouse for action b : to rouse from depression or weakness
Main Entry: re·gat·ta
Pronunciation: ri-'gä-t&, -'ga-
Etymology: Italian regata
Date: 1652
: a rowing, speedboat, or sailing race or a series of such races
Main Entry: jam·bo·ree
Pronunciation: "jam-b&-'rE
Etymology: origin unknown
Date: 1864
1 : a noisy or unrestrained carouse
2 a : a large festive gathering b : a national or international camping assembly of Boy Scouts
3 : a long mixed program of entertainment
Do we just want to raft up and party??
Have a poker run??
Do radar runs (if someone has a radar gun)??
A little ¼ mile fun??
All of the above??
Where ever we pick to have the event we should be as certain as possible we wont be hassled by the water cops, I'm sure were going to attract some attn.
Just some food for thought
[This message has been edited by hot_rod (edited September 04, 2001).]
Hey HotRod...What am I back in SCHOOL...been a looooong time!

hot_rod
09-04-2001, 06:56 PM
H.O.D... If your going to handle the accommodations, from a past experience I know that if you shop hotels and they know you are going to bring in a bunch of people they will sometimes give a special rate to the participants

hot_rod
09-04-2001, 07:00 PM
phillyray... Just bein anal (bad habit)
Just want to get it right.

Hallett of a Dream
09-04-2001, 07:09 PM
Yeah, if I can get a group rate and book out the place we might be better off. Of course we are still looking for the place of events, and then comes the date. Whew, and to think it took this long to come up with an official thread. hehehe This will come together as long as don't overlook things and I sure don't need to piss anyone off. Example, send them to the wrong state on the wrong date and have them sleeping in a cot when they really wanted the B&B.

hot_rod
09-04-2001, 07:23 PM
H.O.D.... What we used to do was once we got a ruff idea of how many participants there would be we would try to find a hotel that would give a discount rate on a block of rooms (20, 30 or whatever) and then list a couple of back up hotels in the same area.
We would then let the participants make their own reservations and the discounted room would of course be on a first come first serve basis.

SnapperSnacher
09-04-2001, 07:40 PM
Lake Anna, VA / Jamboree @ 1159 Miles & 20 hr later & I'm there, Shit sounds good to me I'll Bring 100 lbs. of FL. Lobsters to Put on the grill!!!!!

Hallett of a Dream
09-04-2001, 07:51 PM
From the sounds of it, lodging in the immediate area is limited, about 45 rooms is what I came up with so far. "IF" that is the lake we choose. I will talk with the hotels in the area and see what I can get. As far as snappers post goes, I'm putting his room close to mine. I'll be keeping a close eye on those lobsters. Dimarco can bring a few Maine lobs and I can do a few taste tests.

fat rat
09-05-2001, 03:22 AM
Hey Guys, Lake Anna is just a suggestion....I know PhillyRay has an idea in mind and I'm sure some of you other guys know of some where to go....post your profile of your location...we need to "brain storm" here and get some ideas flowing, I'd like to make this a "First Class Event" we could do a boat show, get a DJ for saturday nite and have one hell of a cookout...Lobsters and cheese steak. hoagies....what a meal.

nitro557
09-05-2001, 05:27 AM
i can go for lake anna or maryland, as far as the comitee ill do anything exept spell right

Dimarco Kid
09-05-2001, 06:26 AM
Fat Rat, you read my mind. I think a DJ and cookout and all that is a great idea.
I would like to see the video that PhillyRay is making of Harve DeGrace, MD. What I was thinking is to get the first one off the ground at either location and have maybe a second (later in the year) at the other location. I don't want to put too many eggs in one basket, but I think that if we plan on doing something at both locations at some point in time, it would make alot of people happy. But for know, we got to decide on the FIRST location.
Thanks to H.O.A.D for offering to do some foot work. That will help, big time. I'm going to call Lake Anna's chamber of commerce, and also Harve DeGrace's chamber. I'll get the low down on group get togethers, ordinances, etc....
I'm gonna call some of you guys today also, it's time. Those of us who talk via phone should also post something on here to help keep communication going, fare?
Last for right know, Hallett of a Dream, I'll be bringin' 2 people, my wife and I, and one boat. That's to start your tally with. Talk to you soon,
Dimarco Kid
P.S. I haven't heard from Blowndragboat in awhile, but he offered to bring his starting tree for some "fun drags". I have a radar gun I'll bring for some of those BANZAI runs we all love!!!

Dimarco Kid
09-05-2001, 06:38 AM
P.S. H.O.A.D,
I would want 2 rooms for the nights we stay, one for me, one for the wife!! LOL
No, just one room, I like the idea of having a ramp and everything close by like FatRat said.
I think it should be 3 days at least, show early Friday, stay Fri. night and Sat. night and we all can head home Sunday, or even maybe Monday, that would give us all day Sunday to play too.
I'm bringin' a whole drum of VP-16 fuel, so I'm playing all weekend!
Dimarco Kid

Dimarco Kid
09-05-2001, 06:40 AM
AND!!!!!!!!!!
It didn't take you very long to figure out I can bring Maine lobsters!!! Damn you, I thought I was home free!!! LOL
Dimarco Kid

SnapperSnacher
09-05-2001, 07:09 AM
D Kid Hay I got an E-mail from Blowndragboat lastnigt he just got back in town so he should be poping up soon. How about a big fish fry? You see I Fish for a living so I can get alot of seafood (Stone Crabs, Lobsters, Mahi mahi, Snapper.....) Let Me know.

Dimarco Kid
09-05-2001, 08:27 AM
So basically Snapper, what your saying is your in charge of bringing the seafood?!!!! You said it not me!!! LOL
Actually, that sounds great, and I am anxious to here from blowndragboat to get his opinions on this.
Dimarco Kid

Dimarco Kid
09-05-2001, 08:41 AM
Sorry to do this guys but.....
I need Hallet of a Dream, Fat Rat, Hot Rod, and Snappersnatcher to e-mail you phone numbers to me. I had Hallett's but it got deleted by accident. kcrowley@midmaine.com
Dimarco Kid

phillyray
09-05-2001, 09:30 AM
Did you guys check the last post on BEAST OFTHE EAST? just wondering. PS. tell Rocket as soon as I get my new Sonic SS 45, I'll go south to play with him!

Dimarco Kid
09-05-2001, 10:26 AM
How's the tape comin' Ray?
Are there any hotels and stores nearby at Harve DeGrace? I'm anxious to hear about it.
Dimarco Kid

Hallett of a Dream
09-05-2001, 10:29 AM
Dimarco, get off the phone or get call waiting hahaha

Hallett of a Dream
09-05-2001, 10:32 AM
Lake Anna has it all!!! I will put all of the details here in just a little bit. I have to compile them.

fat rat
09-05-2001, 11:15 AM
H.O.D. call me at mt home number....I m waiting.

nitro557
09-05-2001, 11:54 AM
sounds like lake anna is it , cool with me but bring your mufflers boys , lookin forward to meeting all of you

hot_rod
09-05-2001, 11:58 AM
What are.....mufflers????

nitro557
09-05-2001, 12:09 PM
next we need to pick a date id like to see april/may early in the year before the water lice take over the lake , and its not to humid

Dimarco Kid
09-05-2001, 12:31 PM
I think May is good, I really need to get some runs on my sled before I come down. That would give me a chance to do that.
Philly Ray, is all this good for you? I know your really putting alot of effort into this. What's your opinion?
Dimarco Kid

phillyray
09-05-2001, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by nitro557:
sounds like lake anna is it , cool with me but bring your mufflers boys , lookin forward to meeting all of you Mufflers....Mufflers....I don't use no STINKING mufflers!

phillyray
09-05-2001, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by nitro557:
next we need to pick a date id like to see april/may early in the year before the water lice take over the lake , and its not to humid
Any earler and we can have a snowball fight!

Hallett of a Dream
09-05-2001, 12:38 PM
Lake Anna Details...
Lodging:
The rooms run $75-$80 per night, include mini kitchen, fridge, launching, and personal slip at the hotel. Include horseshoes pits, volleyball, grassy area, etc. Gas is available, and if you would like you can pull your boat out and run 1 mile down the road for the grade you choose.
Food:
Restraunts are 1 mile away and a bar/ rest is about 4 minutes by water. (I think thats what she said, I was writing as fast as I could.) But there are 8 places total that I see listed.
Stores:
10 stores are nearby, for groceries and other small items, but a mall is about 20 miles away.
Beaches:
Are about 5 minutes by water.
Festivals:
Like the Bluegrass festival is in June and another in July.
Boat repairs:
9 different places to choose from.
Camping:
3 areas to choose from.
Golfing:
6 courses
Nightlife:
There are a couple of places to go, but unsure of the distance at this point.
Sounds like a great place to me. Please post your input on this.

phillyray
09-05-2001, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dimarco Kid:
[B]How's the tape comin' Ray?
Are there any hotels and stores nearby at Harve DeGrace? I'm anxious to hear about it.
I'am working on it!...The GODFATHER wasent produced in one week ya know! I would have to check on lodging,I have some natives of that area looking into it.

Hallett of a Dream
09-05-2001, 12:43 PM
Late May to Mid June?? The weather will be more stable then and also the water temp will be above freezing.
I will be gone for a couple of days, I might be able to get back on tomorrow night. Take care...
HOD

Dimarco Kid
09-05-2001, 12:50 PM
Sorry to rush you Ray, I'm just getting excited.
I don't like the mufflers idea, but I'll do what I gotta do!
Dimarco Kid

SnapperSnacher
09-05-2001, 01:27 PM
Any time after May 20th so I will be dun traping & can get A day or 2 to get some Mahi mahi up!!! shit I'll be off work till Aug. Hahaha

Dimarco Kid
09-05-2001, 02:20 PM
I've talked to Nitro557, Hallett of a Dream and Fat Rat on the phone so far. All you guys seem really helpful and are obviously putting alot into this, thank you.
FatRat said the end of June is a nice time to go to Lake Anna, warm weather, and less chance of rain, that's a good thing! He has been going to Lake Anna for awhile and knows all the roaps down there. I have no real preference of where we're going, but if Lake Anna comes to be, it would be nice to have guys like FatRat and Nitro that already know their way around with us. Nothing says this location is forever. If we don't like it, we tell FatRat and Nitro they don't know what they're talking about! LOL Just jokin' guys! That's my opinion.
Nitro, I was talking to FatRat when you we're trying to call, sorry! I will take you up on your offer to come down early to hang with you. Sounds great.
Later for now!
Dimarco Kid

Dimarco Kid
09-05-2001, 05:58 PM
There, I fixed my ignorent post, all better. I'm much happier now! LOL Might as well keep a sense of humor, right? We're all here to make a good time.
Dimarco Kid
[This message has been edited by Dimarco Kid (edited September 06, 2001).]

Dimarco Kid
09-05-2001, 06:05 PM
Also, back on the name thing,
Is something simple like East Coast Hot Boats good with you guys? We'll call it the 1st annual East Coast Hot Boat (Bash, Jamboree, Regatta, etc..)
I just would like to have a name for ourselves when we start calling the places for info and reservations. We need to look like a class act to get cooperation from people. Is all this cool?
Dimarco Kid

fat rat
09-05-2001, 06:18 PM
WHAOOOOOOOOO, I think this thing is going a bit to fast.....to make this happen everyone should voice there opinion, sooooo lets here from everyone thats interested. I'm down for a good time.

phillyray
09-05-2001, 06:30 PM
Yo Fat,couple questions about Lake Anna, What would ya say the bottom may be? sand,stumps,muck,rock.Depth? How about the ramp,plenty of water,ramp long enough to float 21 Daytona's off? Just wondering...The lodging part sounds great!

SnapperSnacher
09-05-2001, 06:34 PM
It all sounds good here. I'll need 1 room. Boy sounds like it can be one hell of a good throw down!!! I just mite have to take a run up to lake Anna this winter when we get slow to get to know her a little.

Dimarco Kid
09-05-2001, 06:44 PM
Hey Fat Rat, I was just going on what everyone had talked about. Everyone but Ray had all said that Lake Anna would be a good spot. I talked to Ray and he was fine with having it down there. If I went too fast, I'm sorry, it's just we could be on one thing forever and a decision still not made. I was only making it final from what everyone told me via the phone. As far as a name goes, we do have to figure it out, we can't be calling people without some sort of organization among us can we? I think the date question will take a long time to hash out. Peoples schedules, weather conds, etc... I just thought that we'd get on that now, cause man, this is probably gonna take some time.
My bad,
Dimarco Kid

hot_rod
09-05-2001, 07:07 PM
You guys vote me off the committee with out telling me or did I pi$$ somebody off or something???

Dimarco Kid
09-06-2001, 02:12 AM
I guess I did real bad, No Hot_Rod, your still on the commitee as far as I'm concerned. So, lets start all over again, and lets here your opinions on having it at Lake Anna. I stepped out of bounds, I apologize.
Nitro557, Philly Ray, Hallett of a Dream, Snapper Snatcher, Fat Rat, Hot Rod and myself. Is that our commitee? Those are the only guys I see posting here. I THINK everyone but HotRod (who I should of waited for)was agreeing on Lake Anna. What is your opinion Hot Rod? Like I said, no problem, start from the beginning. What do you guys think of having it at Lake Anna, VA?
My bad,
Dimarco Kid

fat rat
09-06-2001, 04:12 AM
To make this event happen everyone needs to get involved....including Hot-Rod, we need to get others motivated to make this a success. We'll work on the name later, for right now lets get some input from others on location....who is willing to attend and where? What would you expect out of the event ie. just boating or a barb-q and some music or cook for your selfs, lets here from others....post your inputs.....please.
Phillyray, I've been going to Lake Anna for the past 14 years and they do have the most awsome concrete ramp in the world 60'+ wide..a blind man could launch without a problem, plenty deep for our Daytona's. the lake bottom varies from sand, clay and shale....never came up on a shallow spot yet. There's one area of the lake that has a bunch of small islands with really fine sandy beaches,Blonde Bomber showed me this spot last month (get there early the spots go quickly).
There's some local talent there,I've seen some nice rides..Edges, Daytonas, bubble decks and a couple V-drives. One side of the lake....I've heard, holds some unofficial drags never witnessed it myself.
I'll try to answere anyones questions about the area. Hot Rod I lost your phone#.

blondebomber
09-06-2001, 06:52 AM
count me in. The only thing I don't like is having to run with those stupit noise reducers in. By the way they will give you a 200.00 dollar ticket for being too loud. I got off easy with a warning. I could spend 200.00 on somthing better than a ticket. By the way nitro I have not forgot about you.

SnapperSnacher
09-06-2001, 10:42 AM
Hot Rod, Nitro557, Philly Ray, Fat Rat, D Kid, H.O.D. Hay we can make this as big or as small as we like. What would yall like to have? 10 Boats, 250 Boats Hell I have a friend that is a newspaper reporter & we can have her run an ad in every news paper in every state on the east coast. ( Bad Ass V-8 Boat Party On Lake Anna, VA ) Won't this Town Love us LOL!! My point is this is for some good people to have a GOOD TIME. The bigger we get the more cops will have to show up to see if things get out of hand, so lets see how mini people from here would like to go to this & tell them to tell a couple friends to come with them & lets see how it turns out. But before we get to big. We should all meet 1st with are friends then as time goes on we can get with my reporter friend & we can blow it out to every big & small town Newspaper from Key west, FL. to Portland, MI LOL But hay lets have some fun 1st!!! So what do yall think? I'm game for anything

nitro557
09-06-2001, 10:56 AM
this thread was going good did everybody die?

SnapperSnacher
09-06-2001, 11:03 AM
Right!!! Hello is there any 1 in here

phillyray
09-06-2001, 01:59 PM
Did the smoke clear!...Can I come out yet!...I'll be on line later!...but for now, think I'll hop on the Harley go to SOUTH STREET and get me a .......CHEESE STEAK!...Hot peppers on the side.
[This message has been edited by phillyray (edited September 06, 2001).]

Dimarco Kid
09-06-2001, 03:26 PM
Ray, A hot boat AND a Harley! Man you got it hard! LOL
Obviously my vote is for Lake Anna. Nitro and Fatrat both have been there and like it. I'll take their words on it and vote for Lake Anna. Good location, lodgings, food etc...
Yes we do need to figure how many people we expect to have attend. I think Nitro an Fat Rat would be able to tell us how much Lake Anna can comfortably handle without getting crowded. Should we start small and go from there? Or just say SCREW IT! Everybody come! I think we will have a hell of a time with however many people show up. We're all ***boaters with a common love. Do any of you guys have friends that are interested in coming? I think I got one guy that will come with me with his jet, but I think that will be all.
Have any of you guys had ideas on how long your staying? I was telling Hallet that I'd come down on Friday and leave Monday morning. Maybe come down sooner to hang with Nitro and make some Banzai runs!
The ONLY thing I have a slight concern about are my headers. I'll bring my Bassetts with traps if need be. I personally don't care what the pigs think! But I don't want to upset them and have em' turn on all of us. So I'll do what I need to do.
All this is based on Lake Anna. Nothing written in stone, just my opinions.
Oh, have to tell someone that the Kid just got brand new American Racing Torque Thrust 2 wheels for the hydro's trailer. Man they are sweet, just wanted to share that cause' no one up here gives a crap! LOL
Dimarco Kid

Dimarco Kid
09-06-2001, 03:35 PM
Oh Fat Rat, as far a what I think the get together should be, A GOD DAMN PARTY!!!! I can see a fish fry (hint, hint, Snapper), poker run is cool (never done one before), wet t-shirt contest (oops, thinkin' out loud), how bout' a boat show? Line em' up on the beach, make a good time out of it. I can bring my gun for some radar runs, also, if there is some "unsanctioned" racing goin' on, the Kid will find it trust me!
Roger that, Ghostrider.
Dimarco Kid

hot_rod
09-06-2001, 04:01 PM
Why are we moving so fast...as I see things we have several months to get this all ironed out and if we take our time this thing will turn out great. Lake anna sounds good but... I dont like the idea of having to run mufflers and I dam sure dont want to get a ticket. I also feel this could deter others from attending. Also if we are trying to attract ***boats of all types lake anna may not work for the big boys (25' and up). I'm sure fat rat would know if the big boys can play there. Don't get me wrong I'm sure it's a great place but since we have time we should research a few more sites before we make a decision.

SnapperSnacher
09-06-2001, 04:28 PM
D Kid U got it!!! We will have Seafood (fish fry, Grilled Lobster wrap in bacon, Swordfish steaks...) hows that sound

Dimarco Kid
09-06-2001, 04:56 PM
You da man, Snappah!
Hot Rod, I see your point. I totally agree with you on that. Why don't we just wait and see what happens. We do have some time.
Idea, we got Lake Anna and Harve DeGrace on the "maybe list right? I know there is alot of lakes down there, so, what if we each of us took a minute and researched some different lakes? Just look around and see what we come up with. We'll leave LA and HD on our list and just do some lookin'. The least we would acomplish is other places for future rallies, right? I'm up for doing this, any one else? Also, it would give us a chance to see Ray's video. He put alot of effort into it.
Is this a good idea?
Snapper, I'm holding you to your word! LOL
Dimarco Kid

hot_rod
09-06-2001, 05:11 PM
Now were talkin, as for lakes in the md/va area there arent many to chose from. There is a place near Hagerstown Md that is on the upper Potomac that I here is real nice but I've never been there. We also need to decide if we want to accomidate the 'Bigboys'
Keep the ideas flowing,

phillyray
09-06-2001, 05:27 PM
Well, went for Cheese Steaks, did'nt take the Harley....took the Vette instead! T-Tops off...why not. Anyhow have you guy's seen the LARGE body of water in Syracuse NY.?...Oneda Lake,also check out the finger lakes just South W. Ted from CBM JET lives up there.Just a thought....Also the Susquehanna River in Sunbury Pa. totally kicks ass.Just 1 Hr North of Harrisburg, very clean water, thats were we (http://members.home.net/dvbrc) have 2 of 4 Drag Races per season. Just another idea. Think it's a GREAT IDEA to do this, Who's was it anyhow? Something to get me through the cold winter. PS. If ya check out that site,click photo album, scan down,you'll see photos of my friends and I relaxing on the Delaware River as well as 2 pics of my Daytona....Later.

Dimarco Kid
09-06-2001, 05:33 PM
Ray's Daytona also has a cute girl sitting in it. Daytona, Harley, Vette, cute girl. Hmmm..... Ray, are you God?
Dimarco Kid

SnapperSnacher
09-06-2001, 05:51 PM
How about this small lake in FL. whats it called aaaaa o ya Lake Okeechobee comprises a 730 square-mile area LOL Hay was there some talk of a lake in NC that would be cool but NO DRY TOWNS LOL

fat rat
09-06-2001, 05:54 PM
Yo Phillyray, if I would of none..I could of hopped on my sled....rode up and met you for lunch....maybe next time, uhh......need a few hours notice. I'd like to check out Harve Degrace the weekend after next, if you can make it let me know, I need a guide, are you ready Hot Rod, Nittro, Bomber, and anyone else...Pre Blast Get Together.
Hey Bomber.....you got Lucky at Anna that weekend....I saw you wip that DOD ID on that lake cop. heheheHAHAHA.
DiMarco, you got the right idea...everyone tell a friend.......jet or v-drive .

fat rat
09-06-2001, 05:54 PM
Yo Phillyray, if I would of none..I could of hopped on my sled....rode up and met you for lunch....maybe next time, uhh......need a few hours notice. I'd like to check out Harve Degrace the weekend after next, if you can make it let me know, I need a guide, are you ready Hot Rod, Nittro, Bomber, and anyone else...Pre Blast Get Together.
Hey Bomber.....you got Lucky at Anna that weekend....I saw you wip that DOD ID on that lake cop. heheheHAHAHA.
DiMarco, you got the right idea...everyone tell a friend.......jet or v-drive .

phillyray
09-06-2001, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE] I'd like to check out Harve Degrace the weekend after next, if you can make it let me know, I need a guide, are you ready Hot Rod, Nittro, Bomber, and anyone else...Pre Blast Get Together.
Yo Fat,sounds great!...Exit 93 off I95 Perryvill.Guess I'll meet ya at that exit unless ya know were the Marina's at. I'll try Henry tommorow,hope he did'nt leave for his next race.

phillyray
09-06-2001, 06:39 PM
S--t...Dam Hot Roasted Peppers are tearing me up....better get the PEPTO!!!

blondebomber
09-07-2001, 12:51 PM
You don't have to twist my arm very hard. I'll hook up with the Rat..

SnapperSnacher
09-07-2001, 04:23 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Moomawnster
09-07-2001, 04:54 PM
Hey hot rod ! Where on the potomac ? I can get anywhere on the potomac or lake anna , I can only post once a week but count me in ! Heck I'll sleep In the d#*& boat !

Hallett of a Dream
09-07-2001, 05:46 PM
I hope nobody is getting bent out of shape here. I think everyone wants to have a good time. At least I hope thats case.
[This message has been edited by Hallett of a Dream (edited September 07, 2001).]

Hallett of a Dream
09-07-2001, 05:47 PM
I'm back!!

Dimarco Kid
09-07-2001, 06:09 PM
Hey nice talking to you tonight Hallett. I think when we get to a "serious" point to discuss we should do something about contacting each other via phone. You can get alot more done that way.
Any body heard of those guys that are in the photo under "East Coast guys can party"?. They'll need to be notified!
As far a doing research on locations, I can only do what the internet allows me to do. Being up here really puts me behind. So, I'm depending alot on you guys for info.
I feel like I should be doing more, but until a few more steps are taken, we're all pretty much just doing some research. Remember, none of this is wasted, we will just put all the locations on a future site list. So, don't think your opinion won't matter.
Hallett asked me about who was on the commitee. I couldn't really tell him! We should form one soon I think. I think that will help the flow of things alot. I think the board should be formed of you guys that we're here from the begining, is that cool? Anybody not want to be on it?
Dimarco Kid

Dimarco Kid
09-07-2001, 06:20 PM
I took it upon myself to do a little sweet talkin' to Mr. Shoemaker over in the "Hot Boat Magazine" thread. Hope you guys don't mind!
Dimarco Kid

phillyray
09-07-2001, 06:25 PM
Hey Dimarco,how ya been bud! Shame your way up north..(snowing yet!)sorry...anyhow just got off the phone with Walt Braithwaite,told him about our chat and also about Lake Anna.There's about a dozen of us going to do some damage to the Delaware River Saturday....Also may hookup with the Fat and some of his buds next Sat. take a tour of Harve DeGrace. Weather permiting.

Dimarco Kid
09-07-2001, 06:27 PM
Hey Ray,
You suck! You and your "drag boat buddies"! I'm gonna go ride my snowmobile now, screw you guys! LOL
A very unhappy and COLD,
Dimarco Kid

Dimarco Kid
09-07-2001, 06:29 PM
Man, I already pulled my float and dock in, ain't that sick! Will you please remind me WHY I live here!
D Kid

Hallett of a Dream
09-07-2001, 06:46 PM
In reply to the "Big Boys" (24' and up) coming out to play, thats perfectly fine, but if we hold this in an area that they usually run in, like off shore or huge bodies of water where the waves can reach 2 foot plus, how are the low pro guys going to be able to enjoy it? Myself included? I have a 19' bubbledeck and I don't mind getting a little air every now and then, but I don't want to be fighting it all weekend and watching from the shore. I'm not trying to come off negatively, but as far as I knew this was a jet type thing, not a cigarette boat escapade.

phillyray
09-07-2001, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Dimarco Kid:
Hey Ray,
You suck! You and your "drag boat buddies"! I'm gonna go ride my snowmobile now,
A very unhappy and COLD,
Dimarco Kid
Sold my snowmobile! BBBRRrrrrrr...don't eat the yellow snow! PS. 89 and HOT here tomorrow... Ouch. I forgot,you could go out on the water....ICE FISHING!
[This message has been edited by phillyray (edited September 07, 2001).]

nitro557
09-08-2001, 05:06 AM
whats up?i typed the m word and posts stopped i dont run them but most people dont want a 200 dollar fine

Alias
09-08-2001, 05:41 AM
oops
[This message has been edited by Alias (edited September 08, 2001).]

Hallett of a Dream
09-08-2001, 06:00 AM
Good morning, hey anyone have a 455 sitting around? I'm coming up empty over here.

nitro557
09-08-2001, 06:11 AM
who keeps deleteing replies ,stop it , i think im haveing flashback or something

nitro557
09-08-2001, 06:16 AM
dam i just figured out i needed to go to the next page , shit i thought i was going off the deep end, now i got a lot of reading to do

Hallett of a Dream
09-08-2001, 06:20 AM
Who has the red boat on Lake Anna that got the warning for no baffles?

nitro557
09-08-2001, 07:16 AM
blondbomber

SnapperSnacher
09-08-2001, 11:20 AM
Hay D KID where do you live? It's 98 here in the keys today. To Dam hot!!!

Dimarco Kid
09-08-2001, 11:48 AM
Snap, I live in Maine.
And by the way, you suck too!!! LOL
Actually it's 87 hear today, but it's a fluke thing. Usually is about 60-65 this time of year. BUT, I got REAL Maine lobsters right off my doorstep! So there!
D Kid

Hallett of a Dream
09-08-2001, 12:53 PM
Dimarco,
I'll fire up the grill if you want to bring a few of those down here. I have plenty of beer. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

SnapperSnacher
09-08-2001, 06:48 PM
Hay D KID give me 4 weeks & I'll go pull my Crab traps & I'll have 1000 to 1500lb of Stone Crabs sitting on my back dack of my boat SO there ROTFLMAO
PS $12.50 small $18.50 med $20.50 Lg A Lb.

Hallett of a Dream
09-08-2001, 08:07 PM
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Looks like a lot of people are taking a rest from this post. I know that it is early and it seems like we are movong kinda fast, but I promise you guys, this will be a time to remember. Things will get worked out through the winter. I just want everyone to have a good time. I know that by March, after shoveling alot of snow, and going out to the garage and looking at the boat and thinking "If only it were July and 95 degrees outside..." people will get excited and anxious. This will come and it will be right....and there better be a sh*t load of lobster and crab!!!! Snapper and Dimarco, you guys started this huge craving. Just remember that http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

Dimarco Kid
09-09-2001, 04:25 AM
So Snap, what your saying is it wouldn't be a problem for you to bring a thousand pounds or so of crabs to the get together. Ha Ha, gotcha!
Hey guys look what Snapper will do for us. Hehehe, now look what I got ya into!
D Kid

phillyray
09-09-2001, 05:39 AM
Hey fellow Hot Boaters,I was boating with some friends yesterday.Talking about Lake Anna.Well the President of the Delaware Valley Drag Boat Club showed alot of intrest for this gathering...he and other racers would like to attend,NOT just to RACE,but to hang out and cruse the water. HOWEVER it seems the more I'am listening,(a friend who's father has a home on the water) Lake Anna (the perfect spot)could be soooo family oriented,THAT the locals would never or at least be very relucent to allow such a event!This could be (BIG)... This would take permits!... This will take some serious research!!!...I'am scratching my head. One more thing,the DVBRC wanted to post it in there news letter!...I'll make them hold off!...YIKES!!!!
[This message has been edited by phillyray (edited September 09, 2001).]

SnapperSnacher
09-09-2001, 08:14 AM
D KID, HOD, Ray,...... Hay we will be EATING good this summer as long as I don't get a Hurricane this year!!! So keep your fingers crossed. If I do have a Hurricane I will be haveing one hell of a Hurricane party this year yall can come to if yall like. we take all the big boats out to ride it out away from land. I was out in Hurricane Andrew winds hit 200 knots when it was over it took 3 days to get back to port.

Hallett of a Dream
09-09-2001, 07:52 PM
OH YEAH>>>>my boat would fair well in a hurricane...for about 5 minutes. I'll ride with the Snapper.

hot_rod
09-09-2001, 09:11 PM
Moomawnster....I run on the lower Potomac, usually put in at goose bay in port tobacco and run up to fair haven (or fair view) as for the place on the upper Potomac I haven't been there yet all I know is it's near Hagerstown.
All.... My comment about the big boys was prompted by an earlier post that said something about the meet being for more than just jet boats and in an earlier post of mine I raised the question do we want to include the big boys. If we do I feel we can pick a place that would accommodate all. Where I usually run I see all type of boats and the water conditions are good for all.
So please provide your input to the following question:
What type of boats do we want to attract to our meet.
I think we have already decided on Jets and v-drives, but do we want other performance boats as well.
On the subject of mufflers personally I don't want to have to run them or risk a ticket so I think one of our main criteria on selecting a location is that we won't pi$$ any body off if we are running with open pipes
-----------------------------------------
originally Posted by phillyray
Sounds GREAT,ya should really give Harve DeGrace Md. some thought for the gathering place!...Massive sand bar,good water,there's even a good spot for the 1/4 mile race stuff,great marina (yacht basine)5 bucks for the use of a great ramp!,alot of parking for tow units and trailers,nice little town,
>>>>>open headers ok,<<<<
>>I've never seen the law out there ever!<<<
I'll give ya more info if needed,just ask...Gotta run for now...latter.
-------------------------------------------
Have a good one,
[This message has been edited by hot_rod (edited September 10, 2001).]

phillyray
09-10-2001, 12:04 PM
Holy crap...were'd every body go?...I know I said let the smoke clear a little...but who pissed on the fire?

hot_rod
09-10-2001, 12:24 PM
Must have been that damm Calvin he will pi$$ on anything! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
[This message has been edited by hot_rod (edited September 10, 2001).]

Hallett of a Dream
09-10-2001, 04:13 PM
We let it cool so much that I had to go get gas wood to get this thing fired up again.
Ok, how much are the rooms near Havre? Is it a secure area, since we might not get rooms with boat slips and I worry about the boats, there is a lot of $$$$ sitting on traliers in a parking lot.
I don;t have a problem where we go, but i just don;t want to get into an area where whitecaps are a norm.
PS: I found my engine. I get to pick it up tomorrow. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

fat rat
09-10-2001, 04:24 PM
I'm back in town....headed up north.....to New York to visit the family. Anyways let me catch up, not to offend anyone but I think this should be a "Jet, V-drive.....Lo Pro Boat get together. Hows the weather looking for Harve de Grace this saturday......anyone else going?
Are there any<<<<SPONSORS>>>>> out there........I see a potential for jets to make a come back, people out east are always looking for something to do different.

phillyray
09-10-2001, 05:33 PM
HOD + FAT, can't tella lie,the room's for Harve are a (?) thats still to come. Hey Fat did ya read my post above?...And as far as this Sat. I'am in,as long as there's no chance of rain or snow! The weather so far looks to be in the low 70's. I'll try Henry Wensday,see if he can make it.Yould shuld call him also!...It could be a mini fest!!! Twisted the snot out of my motor last Sat...ouch!...but I WON...many times.
[This message has been edited by phillyray (edited September 10, 2001).]

fat rat
09-10-2001, 07:08 PM
Yo Ray, I'm down for Saturday....shine only and above 70 degrees.......I'll try Henry tomorrow night......who else is in for a "mini jet/v-drive fest".

Hallett of a Dream
09-10-2001, 07:40 PM
I don't know if I'll be ready for Saturday or not. I pick up the engine tomorrow. If I have it done by Friday night we might be able to make it, but I doubt it. i will probably have a lot of tweaking to do on it.

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
09-10-2001, 07:49 PM
DAMN BOYZ!!!!!! I LEAVE FOR A COUPLE AWEEKS FOR A LITTLE R N R AND YOU GUYS GO FRIGGIN NUTZ!!!!! I LOVE IT. HEY D I FINISHED BIG NASTY YESTERDAY. THE MOTOR ACTUALLY BROKE THE FRIGGIN DYNO!!!!!!!! HOW KOOL IS THAT!!!!! WE FINISHED FABRICATING A NEW RAIL KIT OUT OF TITANIUM AND DROPPED THE MOTOR. ORDERED NEW 30 GAL FUEL TANKS TODAY. Shit sorry about the caps. I am so geeked I didn't notice. Anyway, I figure 2 30 gal tanks outta be enough per day. I guess I will be bringing a drum of alcohol with me since I dought I will find any at the local fuel dock!!! I decided to rename the boat ALKAHOLIC unless anyone has a better idea. I just aquired one of those little tiny peddle boats with the mini pontoons. It is perfect for the starting tree I am bringing. Its trick as hell. I polished the toons today with a buffer and they almost look chrome. I am building a flat deck where the peddlers use to sit and can put the truck batteries down where the peddles use to be to power the tree. All we have to do is anchor it. I have 100 ft of chord to trigger the tree unless I can figure out a better way. Anway, you all fill me in. In case anyone forgot my email address is Blowndragboat@yahoo.com
Oh ya....since I am one of the original founders of this event I would like to call it Eastcoast dragboat association and possibly start up a newsletter. I also think this has the potential to be huge so it must be done right so we can get it covered by HB AND dragboat review newspaper. (you can visit them @ dragboatreviewonline.com Tell em I sent ya. Last request before I remind my girl why they call me BIGDIKWILLIE. JUST JIVIN. I would like to see who would be interested in getting some kool tshirts made up for the event. What do you think about calling it the "The Inaugural Eastcoast Dragboat Regatta" sponsered by the Eastcoast Dragboat ASSN. Whatdyathink? PEACE

phillyray
09-11-2001, 04:18 AM
First of all, I don't like the idea that this thred is SSSsssooooo far down on the list. Second Mr. H.O.D. just take a day off, and get the motor in and plan to be there...end of story...for now.
[This message has been edited by phillyray (edited September 11, 2001).]

Hallett of a Dream
09-11-2001, 04:49 AM
I am leaving now to get my engine. If everything looks good, and I have all the gaskets, I might just be able to do so. I am taking today off and possibly tomorrow. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

fat rat
09-11-2001, 06:11 PM
I can see this isn't working.

fat rat
09-11-2001, 06:12 PM
I can see this isn't working.

phillyray
09-11-2001, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by fat rat:
I can see this isn't working. Why the bummer words?

Dimarco Kid
09-12-2001, 03:42 AM
I think this thing is gonna work, we all decided that we would take a little while to scope out different lakes etc. When all get on one subject and really start rollin we're goin' too fast, when it's a little slow, it ain't workin! What's up with that? I won't be posting for awhile, I'm gonna be in Newport RI for the boat show from Thursday to Sunday. Don't give it up guys, it's gonna be difficult sometimes, but I think we can do it.
Dimarco Kid

nitro557
09-12-2001, 04:49 AM
hey fat rat dont worry be happy all is well and this will happen

fat rat
09-12-2001, 05:08 AM
Hey Man, just checking to see if you guys are reading this post......Phillyray, everything is up in the air for this weekend, beings that most of us.....my wife and Bomber (I'm retired) down here are active duty military....and the're all on alert....can't give no details or else I'll have to.....you know what and that won't be pretty. I'll be in touch later this week.

Hallett of a Dream
09-12-2001, 06:35 AM
Got screwed on my engine...still looking.

nitro557
09-12-2001, 07:13 AM
how much are you lookin to spend i can sell you a long block remanned for 1650.

hot_rod
09-12-2001, 07:15 AM
Ok Guys..
I can see why the rat said what he said, it seems like were all over the water. We need focus for this to work. From where I sit it's going to take a while to pick a spot so lets start with something easy.
To avoid the 'To many cooks spoil the soup' syndrome I think we should each come up with our ideas and then have the comittee vote to come up with the end decision.
I think the first thing we should 'focus' on is
1. What kind of events we want to have.
(That should be fairly simple)
THEN
2. Lets come up uith some criteria for our
site.
(I think this will make our selection
much easier)
My sugestions for # 1 are:
Have a poker run (other events could be interwoven with this ie stop 1 get a card and do radar runs, stop 2 get a card and have a cook out etc.)
Do radar runs (everybody wants to know how fast their junks are)
These are my sugestions, what are yours.
Lets stay focused and make this happen!! http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy34.gif

fat rat
09-12-2001, 08:15 AM
Hot Rod you got some good idea's.......I'm wiyh you.

nitro557
09-12-2001, 08:43 AM
the bad thing about haven a poker run is that some poor sucker has to sit in that spot for a couple of hour handing out cards ,i say a cook out catered or take turns cooking ,radar runs and just relaxing

BobS
09-12-2001, 10:37 AM
My $.02
I have to agree with Hot Rod. Time for a plan of action. We (I use the term loosely because I have not really participated in this thread) are all over the place. You have chosen a committee and asked for ideas. Some ideas have been forthcoming, but it seems mostly by committee members. I doubt that you will get any more at this point in an unstructured forum. So now you need a plan of action. First, pick a chairperson or coordinator. Then, list what you need to do - select a sight, pick a date, plan activities, advertisement, t-shirts, sponsors, etc. Then, list the ideas you have so far and some of the pluses and minuses.
SITES
Lake Anna
pluses - motel rooms and campgrounds, beaches, restaurants, location?
minuses - family oriented, noise restrictions
Havre de Grace
pluses
minuses
Activities - pluses and minuses
Cookout
Catering
Poker Run
Drag racing
If nobody outside the committee has given feedback on a subject, ask for some on this board (be specific) or else I guess you're sort of on your own, so assign someone to research or enlist a volunteer to generate ideas and pros and cons. Then, make a decision on each activity, or ask for a vote.
Next, the hard part, figuring out how many jetters (and other boaters) will come. I suppose if you decide on a site and reserve a block of rooms and campgrounds that first come first served is the rule and everyone else shows up at their own risk. I personally am close enough to either place that I can commute if need be. That still doesn't help with planning a catered event or a cookout for that matter. So, do you sell tickets in advance? Does that incur liabilities? I think some of these are done as a 'Hey, we'll be there and if you show up, be glad to meetcha' just because of legal liabilities. Any of you guys lawyers?
Sorry this turned into $2.00, I'm rambling on.
Bob

phillyray
09-12-2001, 01:48 PM
I was hopeing that a small group of us could have meet this Sat.(weather permiting) at Harve DeGrace.I felt certain this joint gathering may have resolved many issues. I'am up for almost anything, I feel Lake Anna may be a ideal spot for a gathering,...however from what I've herd the locals would not go for an open Header non-stop Drag Race weekend. Then again I don't know of to many places that will! Being a member of the D.V.B.R.C. I can tell you its not by any means easy to get the locals to O.K. a "Boat Race" (and we have 4 per season) there is so much involved I cant even begin to get into it here.The Fish and Game Com. Fire and Rescue,and the list goes on. If you fellow boater's just want to get together,rent some rooms,do some boating,BBQ,hang out,have an occasional (run) here and there, schhhh,maby make up some T-shirts,yada yada,yada,I'am up for that,like I said in an earler post some of the guys from the DVBRC said the would attend.I would just hate to see a massive event closed down because one stone was not over turned! And that very well could happen....just an opinion I was asked to give.

hot_rod
09-12-2001, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by phillyray:
If you fellow boater's just want to get together,rent some rooms,do some boating,BBQ,hang out,have an occasional (run) here and there, schhhh,maby make up some T-shirts,yada yada,yada,
I thought that's what we were going to do.
If we do any formal advertising (Flyers, signs, etc) they should in no way sanction or advertise that we are going to hold any form of racing. On the contrary it should reflect a family type get together. If somebody happens to show up with a radar gun or somebody happens to show up with a portable Xmas tree and there just happens to be some unorganized grudge racing or some unorganized speed runs what are the authorities going to do. They could try to stop the racing or the speed runs, but I don't think they could break up the entire event. The last time I checked if there is no speed limit on the part of the river/lake that you are on then you can go as fast as you can go and I can't swear to it but I don't think they have passed a law yet that you can't grudge race on a river/lake as long as there is no speed limit. That is one of the main reasons I have a high performance boat, the water is one of the last places you can for the most part do what you want. If that day comes there's going to be a 21 Daytona for sale real quick! As for a poker run the ones I know of are not races, some participants try to turn it into one but in reality it's not. The last one I was involved in had a pace boat and several speed groups like an up to 40 mph group, an up to 60 mph group, up to 80 mph group etc. The persons in the pace boat had the cards and at each card stop there was an activity. No one started out for the next stop until the activity was over.
If we elect to have a poker run if we do it in a similar fashion no one will be stuck somewhere holding the cards. I'm sure there are different ways to do it but this is the only one I have been involved with and it seemed to work quite well.
I have not seen many suggestions for events, it's not that hard. Come on lets here what you think would be some fun things to do then we can discus the pros and cons and then put it to a vote.
As for me if we get 3 or 300 if we pick a good spot it's going to be fun!! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
09-12-2001, 07:29 PM
Alrightalready.....geez. Someone tell whats going on and how this thing go so far out of hand? What started out as an idea that my BRO'S Dimarco, Hot_Rod, and I came up with looks to be getting out of control. How bout it Dimarco and HR. I think we need to get on a threeway phone call. I KNEW this was gonna happen. Go back and look at all my posts. I went to Seattle for vacation and get back to this BS. ITS ALL GOOD THOUGH. At least we are getting response's. You guys go back and read my post on page 3 and tell me what you wanna do. Email me and I will give you my number. Hot_rod has it since him and I spoke afew weeks ago about his boat. LEts get it togather and make this thing happen the right way. I also would like to hear from all interested parties that actually wanna see something great get started. I would alos like to field some suggestions on location. IT should be somewhere in the MIDDLE of the eastcoast so a particular group doesn't have to drive forever. Anyway, email me at BLOWNDRAGBOAT@YAHOO.COM

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
09-12-2001, 07:29 PM
Alrightalready.....geez. Someone tell whats going on and how this thing go so far out of hand? What started out as an idea that my BRO'S Dimarco, Hot_Rod, and I came up with looks to be getting out of control. How bout it Dimarco and HR. I think we need to get on a threeway phone call. I KNEW this was gonna happen. Go back and look at all my posts. I went to Seattle for vacation and get back to this BS. ITS ALL GOOD THOUGH. At least we are getting response's. You guys go back and read my post on page 3 and tell me what you wanna do. Email me and I will give you my number. Hot_rod has it since him and I spoke afew weeks ago about his boat. LEts get it togather and make this thing happen the right way. I also would like to hear from all interested parties that actually wanna see something great get started. I would alos like to field some suggestions on location. IT should be somewhere in the MIDDLE of the eastcoast so a particular group doesn't have to drive forever. Anyway, email me at BLOWNDRAGBOAT@YAHOO.COM

hot_rod
09-12-2001, 07:44 PM
The picture is all blurry we need to 'FOCUS'
the cammara (see above post) damm server
[This message has been edited by hot_rod (edited September 12, 2001).]

hot_rod
09-12-2001, 07:45 PM
The picture is all blurry we need to 'FOCUS'
the cammara (see above post)

phillyray
09-12-2001, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by hot_rod:
last time I checked if there is no speed limit on the part of the river/lake that you are on then you can go as fast as you can go and I can't swear to it but I don't think they have passed a law yet that you can't grudge race on a river/lake as long as there is no speed limit.
Sorry Bro, WRONG...trust me on this, sure it's ok to run your boat down the river at 100 mph....BUT have another boat within 100 feet of yours...and get caught! then its Operating a craft in a unsafe manner, they could find ways of bustin you wide open, like I said much earler, every Sat. on the Delaware River about a dozen of us do some 1/4 mile stuff... and some of these boats are down in the low 7 sec. Hydro's with Zoomies. Now were real friendly with the local water cops,and they like to come and LOOK at some of these monsters, BUT the racers dare NOT get caught in an actual Drag Race...no way! Give that some thought when hot doggin out in the water. This is what I've seen first hand.

fat rat
09-13-2001, 04:19 PM
Look at page 22 of the Jet Performance, Subject: Harve Degrace....damn Ray where did the time go.

phillyray
09-13-2001, 05:34 PM
Sorry Fat, ya lost me on that one? Page 22?

fat rat
09-13-2001, 05:41 PM
Go to the Jet Performance subject page and click on SHOW ALL TOPICS.....then go to page 22....Subject: Harve Degrace.

hot_rod
09-13-2001, 05:44 PM
I saw the post on p 22, what's your point?? http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/confused38.gif

fat rat
09-13-2001, 05:58 PM
Hot Rod whats with the sad face......you'll see a real sad face when you blow by me this weekend.......are you ready for a Pax River Run, Ray can't make it this weekend.....ole lady got stand by at the Base this weekend, can't leave the area.
No Point, just lookin back.

phillyray
09-13-2001, 06:02 PM
Yo Fat , just tried to call ya. On the home phone. OK, I know what ya mean now.Holy S+#t April 22. To bad about this Sat. No problem. I'll stay on the Delaware and watch some more Drag Races!!! Don't know how many more times I'll get out on the boat.This is becoming Harley weather!
[This message has been edited by phillyray (edited September 13, 2001).]

hot_rod
09-13-2001, 06:10 PM
I'm tryin to be ready, got my header back from the welder tonight, Sat is a maybe sun lookin good. I'll know better tomorow nite.
Either way your welcome to tie up to my pier for awhile, what kind of suds do you like?
[This message has been edited by hot_rod (edited September 13, 2001).]

fat rat
09-13-2001, 06:22 PM
Hot Rod .....I hope to see you sat....I always got suds with me......but if I happen to forget I'll drink what ya got.
Ray... hang up the I'm trying to call you, and come on down....What about you Nittro....forgot its Sat. Anyone else.

phillyray
09-13-2001, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the invite. But with the current situation it may be a better idea to stay close to home.

nitro557
09-14-2001, 04:58 AM
i wont be able to make it, gotta make a liven , on a different subject does anyone have a split bowl for sale?

Hallett of a Dream
09-15-2001, 09:08 AM
I tried a couple of weeks back to get info in Lake Anna and posted what I know. I did call the State Boat Commission and the local Sheriff's office to see what can be done about permits for noise and the like. But I haven't called back due to the severe lack of posts by people other than HR, PR, FR, DK, etc. I'm still up for it...

phillyray
09-15-2001, 05:24 PM
H.O.D. I'am still in,would like to see something happen,need some direction for sure.Seems like some may want a more hard core Drag Race...Don't know?...My post on 9-12 gave an idea what I thought this thing was about in the first place....However I could be wrong!
[This message has been edited by phillyray (edited September 15, 2001).]

nitro557
09-16-2001, 07:07 AM
i posted a new thread for the purpose of picking a location after that well pick a date but local is first thanks

phillyray
09-16-2001, 06:23 PM
Is this site officially dead in the water?...Things seem to be scattered.

fat rat
09-16-2001, 06:42 PM
Yo Ray and Nittro........chill out,we are close.....in the mean time help Blowndragboat find point zero of the east coast largest "Jet n V-Drive" event ever....I'm sure he'd love to be there.

ChetCapoli
09-17-2001, 04:20 AM
Looks like i'll have to try to make this show. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
chet

phillyray
09-17-2001, 05:08 AM
Hey Chet, what part of the North East are ya from?
[This message has been edited by phillyray (edited September 17, 2001).]

fat rat
09-17-2001, 01:14 PM
Come on down Chet......this event will be a good time.

fat rat
09-17-2001, 05:54 PM
We need to start a new thread....this one is to along.....so may this thread forever R.I.P.. Thank you and hope to see you at O.E.C.J.V.S....stands for "Official East Coast Jet and V-Drive Site.

HOTJETBOATS
09-19-2001, 06:52 AM
How about a little closer to the Jersey Shore for a meet. I have two Jets and I have heard that there are a number of others around, but I never seem to see them at the launch or in the water?

phillyray
09-19-2001, 03:39 PM
***boatJet...this thread's done, get over on Offical East Coast Jet + V-Drive Site...I'ed like to chat with ya. PS. slim chance of a New Jersey Ralley. Things are all ready rolling! See ya at the other site.

Never Enough PGJ
09-19-2001, 05:18 PM
I'm in Philly ray told me about this and we belong to the Delaware Valley Boat Racing Club which has over 100 members. This sounds like fun.....by the way if you are looking to race DVBRC has a great program for the Pro Driver to the weekend guys with purses that pay as much as the pros!

Never Enough PGJ
09-19-2001, 05:18 PM
I'm in.... Phillyray told me about this and we belong to the Delaware Valley Boat Racing Club which has over 100 members. This sounds like fun.....by the way if you are looking to race DVBRC has a great program for the Pro Driver to the weekend guys with purses that pay as much as the pros!