PDA

View Full Version : Bush and Gas Prices...

HammerDown
04-18-2006, 01:52 PM
The way I see it, this f**k has no idea what it is to dig in his pocket, hand over a $100.00 bill for his vehicles fill-up...and maybe get a $20.00 back. :mad:
PS and soon ya won't get the 20 back

Hardly Satisfied
04-18-2006, 01:55 PM
f**K BUSH , He doesn't care

riverbound
04-18-2006, 01:56 PM
The way I see it, this f**k has no idea what it is to dig in his pocket, hand over a $100.00 bill for his vehicles fill-up...and maybe get a $20.00 back. :mad:
Get $20 back???? They usually ask me for another $20 :(

HammerDown
04-18-2006, 01:58 PM
Get $20 back???? They usually ask me for another $20 :(
See my edit.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-18-2006, 01:58 PM
Remember the days when you got a full tank for $20? I just put in $20 and only got 1/4 tank. :cry:
I remember when gas was $ .95 gallon.

HM
04-18-2006, 01:59 PM
What a bunch of whiners.

MagicMtnDan
04-18-2006, 02:04 PM
You're blaming Bush for gas prices?! :rolleyes:
Do you blame Bush for the price of boats too? :rolleyes:
This thread is a waste of bandwidth :yuk:

Liberator TJ1984
04-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Remember the days when you got a full tank for $20? I just put in $20 and only got 1/4 tank. :cry:
lucky you..... :rolleyes:
I can remember when I could fill up my XR-75 dirtbike ,AND then ride over to the A&W Rootbeer stand and get an icecream float.......... all for a Quarter :p
if you wanted a burger ? that was an extra .15*

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-18-2006, 02:13 PM
I can remember when I could fill up my XR-75 dirtbike ,AND then ride over to the A&W Rootbeer stand and get an icecream float.......... all for a Quarter :p
Nevermind, I was copping an attitude for no reason. My bad :rollside: Carry on....Gas prices very high :yuk:

life's a river
04-18-2006, 02:17 PM
OK im going to rob this thread. I still have my 1974 XR 75. Do you know where I can get part's? Clutch being specific.
LAR

Big Kahunaa
04-18-2006, 02:17 PM
dam thats old.........................and wise

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-18-2006, 02:18 PM
I think he meant that remark as a compliment that you are not old
Like some of us :yuk:
See you tonight?
Oh, my bad. :p I will edit it.
Yes, see you tonight.
:rollside:

chub
04-18-2006, 02:19 PM
MMD must be waiting for gas prices to come down before he buys a boat. :p

MagicMtnDan
04-18-2006, 02:24 PM
MMD must be waiting for gas prices to come down before he buys a boat. :p
I'm actually protesting the price of gas by creating my own :rollside:
http://www.aperfectworld.org/cartoons/jets.png

welk2party
04-18-2006, 02:27 PM
The only thing to do is buy stock in the gas companies and partcipate in the profits.

Red Horse
04-18-2006, 02:45 PM
Yeah. Last time I check Bush owns all the gas stations in America.
Buy stock in them. I got 2350 in dividends from my Exxon Mobile stock. My gas is cheaper than yours!!! :cool: :) :boxed:

haysonj
04-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Dont want to tell my age but when I started driving in Kansas it was $ .14 gal

Liberator TJ1984
04-18-2006, 03:16 PM
OK im going to rob this thread. I still have my 1974 XR 75. Do you know where I can get part's? Clutch being specific.
LAR
Last time I was cruzin' E-Bay there were a few bikes and parts listed :)One link...clutch package $ 20 :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-XR75-Clutch-Pak-XR-75-Plates-Discs-73-78-XR-75_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35595QQitemZ46327819 52QQrdZ1

rrrr
04-18-2006, 05:33 PM
It's amazing that people are stupid enough to think that the President can control oil and gas prices.
I'd recommend that the offending idiot read a book, but I suppose they are glued to the TV WATCHING AMERICAN IDOL OR SOME SUCH BULLSHIT. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HammerDown
04-18-2006, 05:46 PM
You're blaming Bush for gas prices?! :rolleyes:
Do you blame Bush for the price of boats too? :rolleyes:
This thread is a waste of bandwidth :yuk:
Then don't add to it by posting in it.

burtandnancy
04-18-2006, 05:53 PM
Gas is not that high - yet. In high school I pumped hundreds of gallons at 13 to 15 cents per gallon, bought a loaf of bread or quart of milk for less than a quarter, a coke or cup of coffee was a nickel, and minimum wage was 65 cents an hour. I never paid a cent for a drink of water until I was over 60 years old. Gasoline may be up 200-300% over the last few years but I know your pay is probably up 500% plus perks.
In relation to boating, I paid more for a pair of speedmaster props than my first 3 bedroom house after Korea. You young people will be reciting the same stories 20 - 30 from now. Note this headline from 2025: IRS Drops Lowest Tax Rate To 78.5%...

HammerDown
04-18-2006, 06:01 PM
I like these people that say...stop complaining, "a gallon of Milk is under 3 dollars" so the price of gas isn't that bad.
A Gallon of milk will last me a week, a gallon of gas about 15 miles.
And another thing A-Hole, when was the last time you purchased 20 gallons of Milk at once!

Boatcop
04-18-2006, 06:08 PM
Let's compare:
Gas $3.00 per gallon
Lipton Ice Tea $1.19/16 oz $9.52 per gallon
Ocean Spray $1.25/16 oz $10.00 per gallon
Gatorade $1.59 /20 oz $10.17 per gallon
Diet Snapple $1.29/16 oz $10.32 per gallon
Evian water $1.49 /9 oz $21.19 per gallon
Whiteout $1.39 /7 oz $25.42 per gallon
Brake Fluid $3.15/12 oz $33.60 per gallon
Starbucks $3.50/12 oz $37.31 per gallon
Scope $0.99/1.5 oz $84.48 per gallon
Vick's Nyquil $8.35/6 oz $178.13 per gallon
Pepto Bismol $3.85/4 oz $123.20 per gallon
$21.19 for water? No wonder no one has invented cars that run on water.

HammerDown
04-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Let's compare:
Gas $3.00 per gallon
Lipton Ice Tea $1.19/16 oz $9.52 per gallon
Ocean Spray $1.25/16 oz $10.00 per gallon
Gatorade $1.59 /20 oz $10.17 per gallon
Diet Snapple $1.29/16 oz $10.32 per gallon
Evian water $1.49 /9 oz $21.19 per gallon
Whiteout $1.39 /7 oz $25.42 per gallon
Brake Fluid $3.15/12 oz $33.60 per gallon
Starbucks $3.50/12 oz $37.31 per gallon
Scope $0.99/1.5 oz $84.48 per gallon
Vick's Nyquil $8.35/6 oz $178.13 per gallon
Pepto Bismol $3.85/4 oz $123.20 per gallon
$21.19 for water? No wonder no one has invented cars that run on water.
Like I said...when was the last time you purchased 20 gallons of anything above at once.
Heck if a gallon of gas lasted me a week in my vehicle...I'd pay $10.00 a gallon for it.

riverroyal
04-18-2006, 06:30 PM
my truck and boat in havasu last thursday,285$,great way to start the day :rolleyes:

al cole'holic
04-18-2006, 06:39 PM
..I just don't see how anyone in their right mind can still support this bastard president. Wait til a few years after he is out of office and receives some billion dollar payday from big oil for "consulting" or some shit after what we are going through right now.. :mad:

OGShocker
04-18-2006, 06:48 PM
I hope it hits $8.00 per gallon. Then some of the ignorant fukwads will stay off the road and away from the lakes.
Prior to spewing some of this shit through your lips, maybe some of you should educate yourselves. Just a thought.

Tinkerer
04-18-2006, 07:24 PM
YEAH everything is BUSH'S fault.
Just think if GORE or kerry were in office we all would have masts on our boats - OH and electric motors.
If you dems think BUSH is so bad come up with a better idea. OR a better man for the office cause SO FAR I HAVN'T SEEN ANY ONE THAT COULD FILL THE PRESIDENTS SHOES.
YOU DEMS HAVE NO PLAN.

beyondhelpin
04-18-2006, 07:47 PM
How about just a different Republican President. Bush among other things is an idiot.

al cole'holic
04-18-2006, 07:56 PM
..YEAH nothing is Bush's fault right...nothing from this administration has been good for any American, Republican or Democrat.

Ultrafied
04-18-2006, 08:00 PM
How about just a different Republican President. Bush among other things is an idiot.
Amen ...

life's a river
04-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Last time I was cruzin' E-Bay there were a few bikes and parts listed :)One link...clutch package $ 20 :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-XR75-Clutch-Pak-XR-75-Plates-Discs-73-78-XR-75_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35595QQitemZ46327819 52QQrdZ1
Cool! Thank's for the hook up.
LAR

lucky
04-19-2006, 09:56 AM
i rember when minum wage was 3.75 an hour :cry:

Old Texan
04-19-2006, 10:13 AM
http://home.bellsouth.net/s/editorial.dll?pnum=1&bfromind=2219&eeid=4927867&_sitecat=1505&dcatid=0&eetype=article&render=y&ac=-2&ck=&ch=ne&rg=blsadstrgt
Here's your culprit. How'd you like him to be Pesident. :rolleyes:

NorCal Gameshow
04-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Hammerdown, Do you really think the Pres. controls gas prices?
I wonder if a moderator could move this to the political rhetoric section.
;) :D

Seadog
04-19-2006, 11:32 AM
It gets me the people attacking Bush when their lack of understanding basic concepts show how ignorant they are. Al Gore thought we should raise the price of gas to $3/gal back when we were paying $1/gal. He wanted to raise the taxes to force people into little cars and pay for environmental projects. If he was President, you would be complaining about $5/gal.
It takes a real idiot to think that Bush has any pull with the oil companies. Most of them are controlled by international consortiums, and the price of oil is ruled by nations that have little love or respect for us. Look at the major oil producers, Iran, Venuzuela, China, Russia that would love to take us down. And yet we consume 20-25% of the oil in the world. Three times as much as China did last year. And they are the #2 consumer. I agree that the profits that the oil companies are seeing are obscene looking, but all we have to do is knock 30-40% of our oil consumption down and those profits will go away. Most of the profits people are seeing now are from investing in oil company stock when it was almost worthles and hanging on until it hit paydirt.

Jim W
04-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Well,
I have been waiting to see if anyone would be bring up the thermal conversion process (formerly called thermal depolymerization) developed by Brian Appel, chairman and CEO of Changing World Technologies.
He has developed a process to turn almost anything into oil, usable as a fuel and operate at a nice profit. Mainly organic matter but really anything that used oil to make/process it.
"The thermal conversion process can take material more plentiful and troublesome than straw---slaughterhouse waste, municipal sewage, old tires, mixed plastics, virtually all the wretched detritus of modern life--and make it something the world needs much more that gold: high-quality oil."
Someone has even signed up to be the first human to be converted into oil but that is a completly differant subject. Hmmmm pardon me but are you a organ donar----nope---signed up for oil donation!!!
Discover magazine has done 2 major articles on the process. I did a search on Brian Appel, thermal conversion, Changing World Technologies but didnt find anything worth while to link to. Can someone else can find something and post it up?
The process works.-----Its a money maker.
Our nation could basically take the daily waste stream and open up landfills to make oil/fuel out of what we are throwing away or have thrown away.
Want to guess where the technology is going------- Europe!!!!!
Want to know why????
Ever watch Roger Moores movie Fahrenheit 911?????
OK, done.
Be good, Jim

tamalewagon
04-19-2006, 01:32 PM
YEAH everything is BUSH'S fault.
Just think if GORE or kerry were in office we all would have masts on our boats - OH and electric motors.
If you dems think BUSH is so bad come up with a better idea. OR a better man for the office cause SO FAR I HAVN'T SEEN ANY ONE THAT COULD FILL THE PRESIDENTS SHOES.
YOU DEMS HAVE NO PLAN.
Sure democrats have a plan...they tell you what the problems are and who's to blame for it. Other than that, you're right.

Jordy
04-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Sure democrats have a plan...they tell you what the problems are and who's to blame for it.
I saw this bumper sticker the other day and thought it was perfect:
Piss off a liberal: Work hard. Be sucessful. Be happy. :D
What happened to all the liberal crybaby bullshit on how we went to war for oil??? Where is it??? Oops, that didn't pan out, better fire up the rhetoric machine and get the Clinton News Network to come up with some new conspiracy theory. Absolutely amazing what sheep the liberal following is. Try thinking for yourself every now and again, it might amaze you. :idea:

NorCal Gameshow
04-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Ever watch Roger Moores movie Fahrenheit 911?????
OK, done.
Be good, Jim
No i haven't ....but, he was the best 007 :cool:

al cole'holic
04-19-2006, 03:20 PM
No I haven't ....but, he was the best 007 :cool:
:D :D

Jyruiz
04-19-2006, 03:20 PM
I think I am going to blame Bush for global warming and the deforestation of the world as well. :crossx:

tamalewagon
04-19-2006, 03:21 PM
I saw this bumper sticker the other day and thought it was perfect:
Piss off a liberal: Work hard. Be sucessful. Be happy. :D
What happened to all the liberal crybaby bullshit on how we went to war for oil??? Where is it??? Oops, that didn't pan out, better fire up the rhetoric machine and get the Clinton News Network to come up with some new conspiracy theory. Absolutely amazing what sheep the liberal following is. Try thinking for yourself every now and again, it might amaze you. :idea:
I like it...lol.

Jordy
04-19-2006, 03:22 PM
Good catch. :D :D
Personally, I thought Sean Connery always was a great 007 too, but he doesn't have the movie producing experience like Roger Moore. :D

burtandnancy
04-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Go one more for BoatCops list. Eye medication; sold in quantities of 2.5 ml = $16,000 per gallon. But it came in a nice squeeze bottle...

Jim W
04-19-2006, 06:45 PM
LOL :)
:rolleyes: I meant to do that---- no really!!!
Be good, Jim

beyondhelpin
04-19-2006, 08:05 PM
How about the fact that when we invaded Iraq, we destablized an already unstable area of the world. This would be the same area a large percentage of the worlds oil comes from, right? We have stretched ourselfs a little thin with the money and troops over there. That makes use weaker in the eyes of some countries. Assholes like Chavas and Irans president, are they being tough guys right now because they think we have enough on our plate and will tolerate more shit right now than when our resources are stronger? Dont know for sure but IMHO they are. So yes decisions the president makes affects gas prices.
More than the president though, I blame the speculators, traders, and wholesalers for the greed and profit taking going on. Yea there may have been a lack of big profits in the oil industry for many years but this shit is crazy. The cost of a barrel of oil is only 60% of the price gas. Based on traditional cost ratios for gas to oil price, oil should be $91 a barrel!
Lets not forget our own dumb asses either. How many of you actually cut back on how much oil you use in any given week? If you are like me, not much. And until we do gas is going to be outragious.

Freak
04-20-2006, 05:01 AM
As much as I don't like saying it...Al Gore was not B.S'n you.
Volatile prices only happen when there is an inelastic supply and an inelastic demand.
Oil importers are bidding against each other for available total petroleum (crude oil + product) imports.
It is true that we have relatively high crude oil inventories, but note that you don't know what percentage of crude oil inventories consists of heavy, sour crude, which cannot be used in light, sweet crude oil refineries. Also, total product inventories are up only slightly year over year while demand keeps rising and rising.
It's time to let go of the naive fantasies of our ancestors; grow up & face the truth of our situation.
The problem is that we want more & more & more...
Well guess what?
You can't have any more.
The next step is adaptation. Doing without.
Using less IS GOING TO BENEFIT YOU, so start doing it, because you're probably going to have to ANYWAY.

Boatcop
04-20-2006, 05:50 AM
2 years ago oil was trading for around $37 dollars a barrell. We were paying $1.75 for a gallon of gas.
Today the price of crude is nearly double that, at around $73 a barrell. That is what the oil companies pay, and is set by OPEC, not the Oil Companies.
However, we aren't paying double for that gallon of gas ($3.50)
It seems to me like the oil companies are trying their best to hold prices down.
As far as profits for the Oil Companies, what the hell is wrong with that? Isn't everyone in business to make a profit? Why should they sell short, stay stagnent and lose money?
Gas in the US is cheaper than almost anywhere else in the world. Europe is paying around 4 bucks for a liter of the stuff.
If you look at the rise of inflation, increases in income and minimum wage, and the increase in prices of other products, you'll see that the price of gas has risen much lesss that those percentages.
To find who's responsible for high oil and gas prices, just look at those who oppose new refineries, getting oil in new places, (ANWAR, Off shore US, Colorado oil shale, etc), and standarizing the dozens of gasoline blends across the country.
I'll tell you one thing. It's not the President or the GOP opposing those things.

6 Dollar Boat
04-20-2006, 05:52 AM
Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :cry:

NorCal Gameshow
04-20-2006, 06:24 AM
I pulled this off of api.org:
What a barrel of crude oil makes.
Product Gallons per Barrel
Gasoline 19.4
Distillate Fuel Oil 9.7
(Includes both home heating oil and diesel fuel)
Kerosene-Type Jet Fuel 4.3
Coke 2.0
Residual Fuel Oil 1.9
(Heavy oils used as fuels in industry, marine
transportation, and for electric power generation)
Liquefied Refinery Gases 1.9
Still Gas 1.8
Asphalt and Road Oil 1.4
Petrochemical Feedstocks 1.1
Lubricants 0.5
Kerosene 0.2
Other 0.4
Figures are based on average yields for U.S. refineries in 2000. One
barrel contains 42 gallons of crude oil. The total volume of products
made is 2.6 gallons greater than the original 42 gallons of crude oil.
This represents “processing gain.”

Jordy
04-20-2006, 07:24 AM
2 years ago oil was trading for around $37 dollars a barrell. We were paying $1.75 for a gallon of gas.
Today the price of crude is nearly double that, at around $73 a barrell. That is what the oil companies pay, and is set by OPEC, not the Oil Companies.
However, we aren't paying double for that gallon of gas ($3.50)
It seems to me like the oil companies are trying their best to hold prices down.
As far as profits for the Oil Companies, what the hell is wrong with that? Isn't everyone in business to make a profit? Why should they sell short, stay stagnent and lose money?
Gas in the US is cheaper than almost anywhere else in the world. Europe is paying around 4 bucks for a liter of the stuff.
If you look at the rise of inflation, increases in income and minimum wage, and the increase in prices of other products, you'll see that the price of gas has risen much lesss that those percentages.
To find who's responsible for high oil and gas prices, just look at those who oppose new refineries, getting oil in new places, (ANWAR, Off shore US, Colorado oil shale, etc), and standarizing the dozens of gasoline blends across the country.
I'll tell you one thing. It's not the President or the GOP opposing those things.
Dammit Boatcop, there you go muddling up the issue with facts. You know they can't understand the effective use of facts because it makes it hard to place blame. :rolleyes:
You hit the nail on the head with the lack of new refineries though. You can thank the ultra-liberal whacky environmental nazi's for that little diddy. :idea:

Big Warlock
04-20-2006, 08:29 AM
Honestly it never seizes to amaze me what people believe! Refineries are the problem. The #1 issue on why gas prices continue to escalate. Oil is a "material" that only represents approximately 33% of the total cost of the refined product. Do you understand the TAX situation from the feds and state? Who implemented the fed tax????? DEMOCRATS. And do you know how much you pay in TAX per gallon of gas, or anything for that matter? Most of you do not. But basically you walk out with 70% of your pay (tax took the first 30%) and then you pay additional taxes on everything else. Some of it outrageous! (like tax on gas) :cry:
Our refining capacity has reached the point of consumption so the only way not to run out of product is to raise prices to curb demand. And the oil companies are making some sore of OUTRAGEOU profit to the tune of 8% or something. (Those bastards!!) :yuk: And, based on inflation, we still haven't hit the real cost of gas which was at it's highest in the Carter years based on a percentage of family income and inflation.
You can believe it or not, but facts are the facts. You hate the President but you have no facts to back up your shiat! And, for the record, nerve gas and biochemicals are WMDs! And, all politicians claimed that Iraq had WMDs. It appears that much went to Syria. In addition, the 9-11 report that many of you have not read, ties Iraq agents to attempting to get nuclear detonators and suitcase bombs from Russians and other sources. It also proved that Valerie Plame was never a CIA covert agent. (Hello, she a\was an analyst and put her emploer on her friggin public credit reports!) And her husband, Joe dumbass, was proven to be a liar as well. Never issued a formal report to the CIA or any other government agency. Basically he went on a trip, sanctioned by his wife and others in the agency and came back and wrote an article in the paper. But the media won't tell you much of this, unless you watch cable news. Or you read the 9-11 report, which you refuse to do. Jeeeesh!
I will say I am unhappy about the current situation. I do not like politicians handcuffing our troops over there. Whatever happens over there needs to stay over there. I don't care what they do. I have been there in the first gulf war. Let the troops do their job and stay out of it. We are not a police force. We should take the oil fields and pay ourselves and our allies back.
My .02 worth. Happy to debate anyone at the lake over a few beers. If you want to fight, I'll be in the 29 foot Warlock and I have some tatoos and my hat on backwards and some hot chicks with little clothing on. :crossx: Come give it a try! (inside joke people, don't take it serious!)

Big Warlock
04-20-2006, 08:31 AM
You really have to love this guy. God rest his soul.
"Here 's my strategy on the Cold War:
We win, they lose."
- Ronald Reagan
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
- Ronald Reagan
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that the y know so much that isn't so."
- Ronald Reagan
"Of the four wars in my lifetime none came about because the U.S. was too strong."
- Ronald Reagan
"I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress."
- Ronald Reagan
"The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination."
- Ronald Reagan
"Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."
- Ronald Reagan
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under."
- Ronald Reagan
"The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program."
- Ronald Reagan
"I've laid down the law, though, to everyone from now on about anything that happens: no matter what time it! is, wake me, even if it's in the middle of a Cabinet meeting."
- Ronald Reagan
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."
- Ronald Reagan
"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
- Ronald Reagan
"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book."
- Ronald Reagan
"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formid! able as the will and moral courage of free men and women.
- Ronald Reagan

Phat Matt
04-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Here is some more perspective... This data is a little over a year old also.
Gas prices around the world
Think you pay a lot for gas? Perhaps you'd prefer to live in Venezuela.
NEW YORK (CNN/Money) – Gasoline prices in the United States, which have recently hit record highs, are actually much lower than in many countries. Drivers in some European cities, like Amsterdam and Oslo, are paying nearly 3 times more than those in the U.S.
The main factor in price disparities between countries is government policy, according to AirInc, a company that tracks the cost of living in various places around the world. Many European nations tax gasoline heavily, with taxes making up as much as 75 percent of the cost of a gallon of gasoline, said a spokesperson for AirInc.
In a few Latin America and Middle-East nations, such as Venezuela and Saudi Arabia, oil is produced by a government-owned company and local gasoline prices are kept low as a benefit to the nation's citizens, he said. All prices updated March, 2005.
Nation City Price in USD Regular/Gallon
Netherlands Amsterdam $6.48
Norway Oslo $6.27
Italy Milan $5.96
Denmark Copenhagen $5.93
Belgium Brussels $5.91
Sweden Stockholm $5.80
United Kingdom London $5.79
Germany Frankfurt $5.57
France Paris $5.54
Portugal Lisbon $5.35
Hungary Budapest $4.94
Luxembourg $4.82
Croatia Zagreb $4.81
Ireland Dublin $4.78
Switzerland Geneva $4.74
Spain Madrid $4.55
Japan Tokyo $4.24
Czech Republic Prague $4.19
Romania Bucharest $4.09
Andorra $4.08
Estonia Tallinn $3.62
Bulgaria Sofia $3.52
Brazil Brasilia $3.12
Cuba Havana $3.03
Taiwan Taipei $2.84
Lebanon Beirut $2.63
South Africa Johannesburg $2.62
Nicaragua Managua $2.61
Panama Panama City $2.19
Russia Moscow $2.10
Puerto Rico San Juan $1.74
Saudi Arabia Riyadh $0.91
Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78
Egypt Cairo $0.65
Nigeria Lagos $0.38
Venezuela Caracas $0.12

Jordy
04-20-2006, 08:42 AM
My .02 worth. Happy to debate anyone at the lake over a few beers. If you want to fight, I'll be in the 29 foot Warlock and I have some tatoos and my hat on backwards and some hot chicks with little clothing on. :crossx: Come give it a try! (inside joke people, don't take it serious!)
Now that's funny right there, I don't care who ya are, unless you're in a 29' Warlock with a bunch of tattoos and a backwards hat. :D :D :D

NorCal Gameshow
04-20-2006, 08:51 AM
Now that's funny right there, I don't care who ya are, unless you're in a 29' Warlock with a bunch of tattoos and a backwards hat. :D :D :D
You left out the "with some hot chicks with little clothing on". while not funny, it's a pretty good reason to smile :wink: :D

Jordy
04-20-2006, 08:53 AM
You left out the "with some hot chicks with little clothing on" while not funny, it's a pretty good reason to smile :wink: :D
Nah, I left them out on purpose as they'd probably think it was funny too. The guy in the warlock, aka "Little Warlock" would be the only one not thinking it's funny. :D :D :D

NorCal Gameshow
04-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Nah, I left them out on purpose as they'd probably think it was funny too. The guy in the warlock, aka "Little Warlock" would be the only one not thinking it's funny. :D :D :D
I'm out...I'm going to go do my yardwork, I'll have my hat on backwards :D

OGShocker
04-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Here is some more perspective... This data is a little over a year old also.
Gas prices around the world
Think you pay a lot for gas? Perhaps you'd prefer to live in Venezuela.
Venezuela Caracas $0.12
I think some people would prefer Chavez to President Bush. :idea:

AZJD
04-20-2006, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE= My .02 worth. Happy to debate anyone at the lake over a few beers. If you want to fight, I'll be in the 29 foot Warlock and I have some tatoos and my hat on backwards and some hot chicks with little clothing on. :crossx: Come give it a try! (inside joke people, don't take it serious!)/QUOTE]
Ya do it, do it, my body guard has the big 38' Donzi, and he says if anyone screws with me he will kick your azz's. Your best bet is to take him out first, then deal with the guy in the Warlock! :yuk:

AZJD
04-20-2006, 09:48 AM
Just for that I am gonna ghost ride the Warlock into the Spectre! lol :)

Jordy
04-20-2006, 09:57 AM
Just for that I am gonna ghost ride the Warlock into the Spectre! lol :)
Don't just scratch it. Take the focker out if you're going to do it. I don't want it fixed. :D

AZJD
04-20-2006, 10:03 AM
Don't just scratch it. Take the focker out if you're going to do it. I don't want it fixed. :D
That may not be a good idea, then neither of us have a boat to go out on. We will have to ride with rob on the Donzi, and then we would get beat up for his part in being my body guard and hi-jacking this thread!

Jordy
04-20-2006, 10:05 AM
That may not be a good idea, then neither of us have a boat to go out on.
For a short period of time. I'll get a nice insurance check. I 'll just have to remember to have my watch in the boat. :D :D :D

Redwing247
04-20-2006, 10:58 AM
They are making record profit...And I work in that industry. :crossx:

OGShocker
04-20-2006, 11:05 AM
As they should! :rollside: :)

Jordy
04-20-2006, 11:07 AM
But it's like 8% to the bottom line. Based on the volume of fuel, it's a lot of money, but not a lot of return. Everythng I do from a business standpoint, if I'm not making in the area of 20% then I rethink it because it's not worth doing. :notam:

Big Warlock
04-20-2006, 12:32 PM
I'm back! I see nothing has changed here. People still not fully understanding the oil company price issue nor the tax issue nor anything else. Bet this, our kids will probably see our country become a second tier power to China. :cry:
Little Warlock, this is going to be fun. At least they need a ladder to get into the Donzi! And if in Lake Havasu, look for the Donzi with black and red colors. He is a real turd as well. Chase his AZZ down and kick it for sure!! LOL :crossx:
Stir stir stir :yuk:

al cole'holic
04-20-2006, 03:01 PM
..it only cost me $115 to fill the Suburban today with 87 :mad:

Jordy
04-20-2006, 03:05 PM
F'kn Bush. I'll bet that went right into his pocket too... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

HammerDown
04-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Like I said...Bush has no Idea what it's like to dig $120.00 out of his pocket to fill up a vehicle and only get a fiver back.

Jordy
04-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Like I said...Bush has no Idea what it's like to dig $120.00 out of his pocket to fill up a vehicle and only get a fiver back.
WTF does Bush have to do with gas prices??? Did you read any of the preceding 3 pages??? What do you want, government subsidies so it costs you less money to fill up your gas guzzler??????? I just don't get it. :idea:

Seadog
04-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Its a hatred thing. Bush is a Republican, so he is the devil incarnate. I was talking to an aunt today. All of my aunts are die-hard Democrats and pro-union. My granddad would turn over in his grave if he knew one of his grandkids voted Republican. What is silly, is that all their attitudes are not based on facts or reason. They do not vote for a policy or the best person, they would vote for Teddy Kennedy or any jackass if he was endorse by the party.
I had to walk away from the discussion before I said something that would make my aunt take away my dock priviledges.
Everyone is making a big deal over the fact that the stock portfolio of the Exxon CEO was worth $400 million. Nobody seems to care that the CEO of one of the largest HMOs has over $1.6 billion in stock options. $400 million does not even make the top 100 wealthiest men. I would agree that no one is worth that much money, but I sure would not object too much is a few million got dropped in my lap.

Family Jewell
04-20-2006, 07:16 PM
I am new to the Hot Boat Forum but felt compelled to jump in. There are a couple of problems and reasons for the high gas prices. First, The oil companies are in control of every thing. They control and own from exploration, to manufacturing, distribution and the retail store. This falls in the category of price fixing. Second problem, our refinery capacity is maxed out and because of the tree hugger’s there are so many laws in place it makes it near impossible to get a new refinery approved. There are some new refinery projects that have been in the process stage( meaning permitting ) for over 15 years. Third problem, Our dirty politicians. Yes I know that their are some of you that truly love your elected officials but they are unwilling to do any thing because of the big contributions BIG OIL MAKES TO our CLEAN ELECTED officials. Bottom line, we are Getting screwed. Here are some things to consider that fall under the category of price fixing and monopoly of a specific market. In 1982 the government threaten to break up General Motors. The government stated that the automaker had 42% of the market share. Can you all remember what the government did to the phone company?

OGShocker
04-20-2006, 08:02 PM
I am new to the Hot Boat Forum but felt compelled to jump in. There are a couple of problems and reasons for the high gas prices. First, The oil companies are in control of every thing. They control and own from exploration, to manufacturing, distribution and the retail store. This falls in the category of price fixing. Second problem, our refinery capacity is maxed out and because of the tree hugger’s there are so many laws in place it makes it near impossible to get a new refinery approved. There are some new refinery projects that have been in the process stage( meaning permitting ) for over 15 years. Third problem, Our dirty politicians. Yes I know that their are some of you that truly love your elected officials but they are unwilling to do any thing because of the big contributions BIG OIL MAKES TO our CLEAN ELECTED officials. Bottom line, we are Getting screwed. Here are some things to consider that fall under the category of price fixing and monopoly of a specific market. In 1982 the government threaten to break up General Motors. The government stated that the automaker had 42% of the market share. Can you all remember what the government did to the phone company?
Yeah, well who asked you?....j/k..:D
:crossx: :crossx: :crossx: Welcome to the JUNGLE!!! :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Jordy
04-20-2006, 09:50 PM
They control and own from exploration
Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and stop you right there. Exploration??? You don't think the tree hugging, birkenstock wearing, squirrel phuking liberal eco-nazi's have anything to do with where they do and don't explore??? Seems to me there is an oil field up under the tundra around Alaska and that Canadian wasteland that is supposed to rival the oil fields in what should be a big glass ice skating rink. I'm sure our oil companies are going out of their way not to drill there. :rolleyes:

ROZ
04-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Venezuela Caracas $0.12
Actually, I heard it was .19 per gallon today :D
How about buying a much more economical vehicles! My gas almost lasts me a week, and I drive all over San Diego County...
And drive the speed limit while yer at it :D

HammerDown
04-21-2006, 04:06 AM
WTF does Bush have to do with gas prices??? Did you read any of the preceding 3 pages??? What do you want, government subsidies so it costs you less money to fill up your gas guzzler??????? I just don't get it. :idea:
Did I EVER state your buddy Bush has anything to do with gas prices...no.
I simply stated, that he has no idea whats it's like to dig the big money out of (his) pocket to fill up a f'ing vehicle. So of course it doesn't impact his ass or many other FAT CAT politicians. :yuk:
Are we clear now... :rollside:

HammerDown
04-21-2006, 04:08 AM
Actually, I heard it was .19 per gallon today :D
How about buying a much more economical vehicles! My gas almost lasts me a week, and I drive all over San Diego County...
And drive the speed limit while yer at it :D
I did Roz 06 Corolla-S 5 speed.
It's spiffy...it has a rear wing and 40 mpg-hwy :)
Course I'm out 17K :rolleyes:

Big Warlock
04-21-2006, 05:13 AM
Family Jewel......thanks for participating. Seriously, can you name 10 oil companies? How many computer oprating companies can you name?
The people running the country are handcuffing the oil industry. You can learn to do a search on here and read many interesting threads. This topic is not new. There is no "price fixing." If there was price fixing, we could only hope they would do better than 8% to the bottom line. Questions?

lawbreaker2
04-21-2006, 05:22 AM
I think we as tax payers pay for all the politicians gas, I know all the city workers and state workers that drive state and city owened car as personal cars to and from home, we pay for there gas, it's no wonder I don't see anything done with my tax money. :argue:

lawbreaker2
04-21-2006, 05:26 AM
I think I have had to much coffee and I need to look at some porn before I start getting mad, so I out of here to go calm down. :cry:

haulina29
04-21-2006, 06:04 AM
I would agre that Bush isnt to blame but if he had some balls there is alot he could do like dump the strategic reserve , call a state of emergency and start drilling - pumping with anything and everything we got kinda like the build up for WW2. drop fuel tax and dont stop until you have put the sand jockeys out of bussiness. quit worrying about the world community and take care of the US first. Use the money that we are trying to buy allies with and supsidise american drivers who pay the worlds bills . The oil companys are doing to the US what Enron did to California and were going to let them . This Country was built on cheap energy and a high production rate of goods and services now we do not produce anything and energy has gone thru the roof its time to take it back before its to late . I would pay 6 bucks a gallon to not buy foriegn oil if we told them to stick their oil the price would drop over nite but we wouldnt want to offend them now would we.Get tough we have been there before.

AZJD
04-21-2006, 06:08 AM
I think we as tax payers pay for all the politicians gas, I know all the city workers and state workers that drive state and city owened car as personal cars to and from home, we pay for there gas, it's no wonder I don't see anything done with my tax money. :argue:
I don't see how you can say nothing gets done with our tax money. I am just as upset as the next guy to see my commission checks get hammered at 39% every month. I don't think you can say it is all going to waste. I will agree with anyone who says we could appropriate funds a little better, and take care of out educators who spend more time with our kids than we do, but not that we don't spend it where it needs to be spent in most cases. Public highways, public services such as fire and police. All these things we take for granted, but if the cable service is better from the competitor we pay a little more money without hesitation.
Our D.O.T's they are constantly repairing city streets so we can pull out nice boats down them and not destroy a tire. We don't seem to overpay those guys. I think that employed trades are adequitly paid for the long hard hours they put in. Anyone disagree, pick up a shovel sometime.
We are always going to have a few problems in every facet of our ciclization. The only thing we can do is take the good with the bad. So we are seeing shovels charged at $75.00 dollars by the D.O.T, but your buddy just hooked you up with a huge concrete pour in your back yard, you know damn well he is going to stick it to the next guy to recoup his losses! Give and take, you can't always have all the angles working for you all the time!
Just my .02, and for the record I don't work for any of these fore mentioned industries.

Family Jewell
04-21-2006, 07:07 AM
Family Jewel......thanks for participating. Seriously, can you name 10 oil companies? How many computer oprating companies can you name?
The people running the country are handcuffing the oil industry. You can learn to do a search on here and read many interesting threads. This topic is not new. There is no "price fixing." If there was price fixing, we could only hope they would do better than 8% to the bottom line. Questions?
Good Morning !
I had only a few minutes to put this list together but here goes
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC).
AGIP (Azienda Generale Italiana Petroli) since 1998 ENI-Agip Exploration and Production.
Alliance Gas (now: STATOIL).
Amerada Hess.
Anadarko.
Anglo Siberian Oil Company plc.
Anonima Petroli Italiana (API)
Anzoil
ARCO (Atlantic Richfield Company) = BP-Amoco.
Aruba Petroleum.
Australian Oil & Gas Corporation Ltd.
Australian Worldwide Exploration Limited
Bay State Gas.
BEB (Hannover).
Bentec Drilling (Preussag DE).
Benton Oil & Gas Company.
BG Group (British Gas).
Bharat Petroleum.
BHP Billiton.
BJ Services Company.
Black Hills Exploration and Production.
Bligh Oil & Minerals (AU).
Bow Valley Energy Ltd. (US).
BP Amoco ARCO.
Bula Resources (Ireland).
Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation.
Cairn Energy PLC (Scotland).
Caltex Petroleum Company.
CanArgo Energy.
CanBaikal Resources Inc.
Chevron.
ChevronTexaco.
Chieftain International (now: Huntoil).
Chinese Petroleum Corporation (Taiwan TW).
Compagnie Générale de Géophysique (CGG).
CONOCO (US) (incl. Gulf Canada).
ConocoPhillips.
CSIRO Exploration and Mining.
Dana Petroleum plc.
Deutag Drilling (Preussag DE) (now: KCA DEUTAG Drilling Limited)
Devon Energy Corporation (US) (incl. Santa Fe Snyder Corporation, PennzEnergy).
Dominion Exploration & Production.
Elf Aquitaine (TOTAL FINA ELF).
Empresa Colombiana de Petróleos (ECOPETROL).
Empresa Nacional del Petróleo - Chile (ENAP).
Encana.
Energy Africa EA.
Eni.
Enterprise Oil plc. (UK).
Equity Oil Company.
ESSO Deutschland
Evergreen Resources (US)
ExxonMobil
FINA (now: TotalFinaElf)
Fortum Group (FI).
Gás de Portugal (now: Galp Energia)
Gasum Oy (FI)
Gaz de France
Geoscience Ltd (UK)
German Oil & Gas Egypt (GEOGE) (mostly RWE Dea GmbH)
Givot Olam Oil Exploration Israel
Gulf Canada (now: Conoco)
Halliburton Company
Hibernia
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
Hunt Oil Company
Hurricane Hydrocarbons Ltd. (CA)
Husky Oil
Iceland Oil
Indo-Pacific Energy Ltd (NZ)
Institut Francais du Petrole (IFP)
Instituto Mexicano del Petrólio
Kavernen Bau und Betriebs-GmbH (KBB)
KCA Deutag Drilling Limited
Kerr-McGee (US)
Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC)
Krosno Oil and Gas Enterprise (Poland)
Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC)
Lasmo (now: ENI).
Louis Dreyfus Natural Gas (now: Dominion Exploration & Production).
Lukoil.
Lundin Oil AB.
Maersk Olie og Gas (oil and gas exploration and production).
Marathon Oil Company.
Max Planck Institut für Kohlenforschung MÜLHEIM a/d RUHR.
MMS Petroleum.
Mobil (=ExxonMobil)
Mosaic Oil
Murphy Oil Corporation
National Centre for Petroleum geology and Geophysics (AU).
Nederlandse Aardolie Maatschappij (NAM).
Nederlandse Gasunie.
Neste Oy (Finland) = Fortum Group.
Nexen Inc. (CA) (formerly Canadian Occidental Petroleum Ltd.).
New Zealand Oil & Gas Ltd.
Noble Drilling Corporation.
NGI-Norges Geotekniske Institutt.
NIS-NAFTAGAS.
Norsk Hydro.
Novus Petroleum (AU).
Occidental Petroleum Company.
ODIN Energi ApS (Danmark).
Offshore Kazakhstan International Operating Company N.V. (OKIOC).
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation India.
OMV Erdöl und Erdgas.
Onako.
P & G Consultores C.A. (Venezuela).
PAZ (Israel)
Pennzoil Company
PERTAMINA Indonesian State Oil & Gas Company
Perupetro SA
Petrobras
Petro Canada
Petrodril
Petrogal (PT)
Petróleos de Venezuela
Petróleos Mexicanos
Petroliam Naional Berhad (PETRONAS)
Petrosys
Petrotrin (Petroleum Company of Trinidad and Tobago Ltd)
Petroz (AU)
Phillips Petroleum Company
Premier Oil
PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Ltd (Thailand)
Qatar General Petroleum Corporation
Ramco Energy Plc (Scotland)
REPSOL YPF
RWE
RWE-DEA
RWE-DEA Norge
Saga Petroleum = Norsk Hydro
Santos
Saudi Aramco
Schlumberger
Shell International || Shell NL || FR || DE || UK || CH
Shell (US)
SINTEF Petroleum Research (Trondheim NO)
Staatsolie (Suriname)
Statoil
Talisman energy (CA)
TAMOIL
Tap Oil
Techdrill International
Teikoku (JP)
Texaco
Tokyo Gas
TotalFinaElf
TransCanada
Triton (US)
Turkish Petroleum Corporation (TPAO)
Tyumen Oil Company
UNOCAL
VEBA Oel (Gelsenkirchen)
VEBA Oel und Gas (Essen) - früher u.a. Deminex GmbH (now: mostly Petro-Canada)
Wingas GmbH
Wintershall AG (BASF)
Wintershall Nederland
Not all of these companies are allowed to do business in the united states because of the laws put in place by our goverment and supported by the BIG OIL. These other companies around the world would love to sell thier products here and would conform to our emission standards. This is what I mean by competition. When you five or six magor oil companies doing business in the united states you get price fixing. I just wrote a letter to my congressman last night and I feel so much better. I know It won't change things and will probably cause a tax audit but it still gives me a piece of mind until the audit.

Family Jewell
04-21-2006, 07:12 AM
Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and stop you right there. Exploration??? You don't think the tree hugging, birkenstock wearing, squirrel phuking liberal eco-nazi's have anything to do with where they do and don't explore??? Seems to me there is an oil field up under the tundra around Alaska and that Canadian wasteland that is supposed to rival the oil fields in what should be a big glass ice skating rink. I'm sure our oil companies are going out of their way not to drill there. :rolleyes:
Jordy, I agree with you about where they can and can not drill. I was referring to the fact that exploration is not a seperate company. It is all under the ownership and direction of the oil company which owns that operation.

Big Warlock
04-21-2006, 07:27 AM
See I knew we would get someplace with this. There are still at least 20 or more companies in the US. But we agree that we would love to see "others" participate inthe US economy as well. The Saudi's have offered to build refineries here or in the Carribean and ship into the US economy. The politicians have said no. Current refineries have asked to expand. Politicians have said no. Currently we are consuming everything we produce at the finished product level. Diesel, the cheapest product, is in such demand, you see the result in the price. There is no easy fix here people. And sadly, that is how our Nation will fail, much like the Greeks and the Romans. Just at a much faster rate of speed.
And, just to touch off a firestorm, unemployment is at it's lowest level in years. Something like 3%!!! So who is going to fill the jobs we currently can't fill again? :cool:

Jordy
04-21-2006, 08:06 AM
Did I EVER state your buddy Bush has anything to do with gas prices...no.
Really???? Why don't you look at the title of your thread that you started???? The insinuation is there and it's not subtle.
Why isn't this in the political rhetoric forum??? Seems that stuff gets selectively moved around here depending on who starts it. Nice moderator work. :notam:

ROZ
04-21-2006, 08:15 AM
I did Roz 06 Corolla-S 5 speed.
It's spiffy...it has a rear wing and 40 mpg-hwy :)
Course I'm out 17K :rolleyes:
Most excellent...
wow.. I could've got you a Camry for that much :D
I agree with Jewel and WArlock as well... We need more competition...

1978 Rogers
04-21-2006, 08:31 AM
Dont want to tell my age but when I started driving in Kansas it was $ .14 gal
Wow. So how did the dinasaurs really die? :D

HammerDown
04-21-2006, 10:13 AM
Most excellent...
wow.. I could've got you a Camry for that much :D
Actually the price was $15,500 + tax 6% :notam: and a Toyota 6/100 Premium warr I got for $450.00 So yea close to 17k total.
I do like the looks of the 07 Camerys...but 38 mpg average is what this cars all about. ;)

Jordy
04-21-2006, 10:20 AM
f**K BUSH , He doesn't care
GEORGE BUSH HATES BLACK PEOPLE!!!! :notam: :notam: :notam:
Just can't get over the mentality here from people who are seemingly intelligent. Puzzling. :idea:

AZJD
04-21-2006, 11:10 AM
Just can't get over the mentality here from people who are seemingly intelligent. Puzzling. :idea:
You shut your mouth when your talking to me! :rollside:

Jordy
04-21-2006, 01:59 PM
You shut your mouth when your talking to me! :rollside:
Sure hope the Warlock starts this weekend. Hate to think what might happen if the boat storage bill wasn't paid. :idea:

Cole91
04-21-2006, 02:14 PM
XR 75 what a bad ass bike that was, If you had an XR 75 you where the king of the mini track, fock i'm getting old.

Cole91
04-21-2006, 02:16 PM
It's amazing that people are stupid enough to think that the President can control oil and gas prices.
I'd recommend that the offending idiot read a book, but I suppose they are glued to the TV WATCHING AMERICAN IDOL OR SOME SUCH BULLSHIT. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boatcop
04-21-2006, 02:17 PM
They also have to claim the vehicle use as "INCOME" on their taxes. Or the company includes the amount of the benefit in the misc section on the W2. That benefit is considered taxable by the IRS.
This does not apply to Law Enforcement, emergency personnel, and others required to be in a recall status.

Liberator TJ1984
04-21-2006, 02:29 PM
XR 75 what a bad ass bike that was, If you had an XR 75 you where the king of the mini track, fock i'm getting old.
Out of all the Bikes I've had.......(heck of alot of them)
I miss that little XR and my old silver & green 125 Elsinore
but I did just restore my old '83 Suzuki GSX1100 Katana thats been sitting for 20+ years w/ only 2000mi....too bad I didn't hang on to the dirt bikes too :rolleyes:
a cherry Elsinore 125 just sold on e-bay for 5k :yuk: