PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready to leave for

throwerb
12-20-2004, 05:28 PM
Nashville next week and will be pulling the boat across country and was wondering if anyone knows the best way to protect it from the weather. I saw a boat on another forum that was shrink wrapped and was wondering if this is a good idea, and if so who does it around the LA area. Any ideas?

RiverOtter
12-20-2004, 05:30 PM
Nashville next week and will be pulling the boat across country and was wondering if anyone knows the best way to protect it from the weather. I saw a boat on another forum that was shrink wrapped and was wondering if this is a good idea, and if so who does it around the LA area. Any ideas?
Better wrap it up in a warm blanket. Wind chill was 9 today. And NO! That is not normal :notam:

Jordy
12-20-2004, 05:34 PM
I thought you were leaving it in Cali so it would sell and you could pick up another one that just happens to be on the way??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

RiverOtter
12-20-2004, 05:47 PM
I thought you were leaving it in Cali so it would sell and you could pick up another one that just happens to be on the way??? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Hey Hey!! Throwerb and I have a deal worked out on a Magic Deck. Don't be messing up our deal! :D

throwerb
12-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Might still leave it but my buddies wife doesn't think a boat looks good on their car lot. :confused:

throwerb
12-20-2004, 06:09 PM
Hey Hey!! Throwerb and I have a deal worked out on a Magic Deck. Don't be messing up our deal! :D
I figure that deal is so good I could own 1 1/2 boats. :D Besides I thought you spent your half at Dizzy World. :wink: What do you do to winterize your boat? Never thought I'd be asking that question.

Froggystyle
12-20-2004, 06:34 PM
I have a company I work with called Dr. Shrink. They have many dealers/installers around the area. Check out their website and drop them a line.

throwerb
12-20-2004, 06:46 PM
I have a company I work with called Dr. Shrink. They have many dealers/installers around the area. Check out their website and drop them a line.
Thanks Wes!

sanger rat
12-20-2004, 06:48 PM
Bring some of that warm air up with you too. :D

throwerb
12-20-2004, 08:51 PM
Bring some of that warm air up with you too. :D
Maybe I can trap some when I shrink wrap it.

RiverOtter
12-21-2004, 05:49 AM
I figure that deal is so good I could own 1 1/2 boats. :D Besides I thought you spent your half at Dizzy World. :wink: What do you do to winterize your boat? Never thought I'd be asking that question.
This is an eaisy one. I call the James at the marina and say "Hey James, Please winterize my boat" and I pay them $200 or so :D You really better get that done. It is gonna be cold till Jan or so.

RiverOtter
12-22-2004, 07:15 AM
This is an eaisy one. I call the James at the marina and say "Hey James, Please winterize my boat" and I pay them $200 or so :D You really better get that done. It is gonna be cold till Jan or so.
Did you get it winterized yet? 2 days ago it never got above 30 and yesterday it was 62. We get some screwey weather here :cool: