PDA

View Full Version : Motor builders/Shops to consider

DEEZ NUTTS
12-20-2004, 07:43 PM
Need the 502's rebuilt and pumped up soon. Most likely be in Havasu, and not shure if I'm gonna pull them or let the shop do it. Depends on price. Need to get on it so I dont miss the spring events like I always seem to do.
I will be buying exhaust and other related goodies to go with fresh motors. Twins make cost a factor. Who would you use???

SHOTKALLIN
12-20-2004, 08:03 PM
good thread Deez, you're not the only one that would like to be educated.

mbrown2
12-20-2004, 08:11 PM
From all I have read and witnessed from others build ups, I would choose in the following order:
1. Larry Peto, AZ
2. Carson Brummett, CA (#1 if I were doing Turbo)
3. Gary Teague, CA
4. Paul Pfaff, CA

Performance 19
12-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Andy Holeman is in Havasu now and does awesome work. Especially with turbo's. does a lot of ski-racer boatswith TT setup. 928-855-8407

SHAKEN Not Stirred
12-20-2004, 09:51 PM
From all I have read and witnessed from others build ups, I would choose in the following order:
1. Larry Peto, AZ
2. Carson Brummett, CA (#1 if I were doing Turbo)
3. Gary Teague, CA
4. Paul Pfaff, CA
Well......
I think you have the order reversed.....
mbrown2....Check your PM's.....
CJG
:)

Cs19
12-20-2004, 10:17 PM
I agree, Pfaff doesnt belong at the bottom.
another good enigine builder is DNE Motorsports in Costa Mesa,Ca. Lots of us on the boards have his engines including Robbie Racers's 25 Carerra.
Heres my 800 plus HP pump gas engine by DNE
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/409IMG_0794.JPG

mbrown2
12-20-2004, 10:27 PM
Well......
I think you have the order reversed.....
mbrown2....Check your PM's.....
CJG
Again, just my opinion from the folks that I know that have had motors built by the folks mentioned above in my list...it's a good list anyway you spin it..
Also, I don't have any pm's..

SHAKEN Not Stirred
12-20-2004, 10:30 PM
Again, just my opinion from the folks that I know that have had motors built by the folks mentioned above in my list...it's a good list anyway you spin it..
Also, I don't have any pm's..
Sorry......I meant "Deez Nutts".....Check your PM's.....
Sorry Brown......
Later,
CJG

boatnam2
12-21-2004, 07:00 AM
i would thrown george at clay smith in there as well.he was building motors when most were shitting in there diapers.he is getting old but still builds everything himself.

OGShocker
12-21-2004, 07:13 AM
Hands down, B & D Marine!!! (http://www.bdmarine.net)
B&D Marine
10699 Hickson Street, #19
El Monte, CA 91731
Phone: (626) 443-3721 Fax: (626) 443-1441
Call Brian for details, you can take him at his word. He his honest and fair with ZERO BullShit.

Havasu Jim
12-21-2004, 07:46 AM
Give RPM a call, they built mine and I am Happy with it. They are located in Tempe. 1 800 845-2779 or 480 967-5990 www.rpmenginedevelopment.com
I started with a 502 carberated and now it is a 541 MPI and very reliable.
Havasu Jim

burtandnancy
12-21-2004, 07:54 AM
DEEZ, I know GT Performance in Montclair will have some finished motors after the boat show, na and Whippled...

WILDERTHANU
12-21-2004, 09:03 AM
SOME GOOD FRIENDS THAT DO AWESOME WORK, FATHER AND SON TEAM!!
CLICK...
http://manddperformance.com/MDlogo.gif (WWW.MANDDPERFORMANCE.COM)

ONOUDIDNT
12-21-2004, 09:16 AM
How about you just hand over 20k, I'll kick you in the nuts and you'll feel like you just got new engines??? Kinda like going to Vegas.....

dirty old man
12-21-2004, 09:49 AM
if you're looking for someone more geographically desirable, at least half way, you could consider All Seasons Marine or Dunsmore Marine in Boulder City, NV

carbonmarine
12-21-2004, 09:52 AM
Richie Zul !

jackpunx
12-21-2004, 10:15 AM
DEEZ, I know GT Performance in Montclair will have some finished motors after the boat show, na and Whippled...
Most of those motors already have home's

THOR
12-21-2004, 10:21 AM
if you're looking for someone more geographically desirable, at least half way, you could consider All Seasons Marine or Dunsmore Marine in Boulder City, NV
The only I have to say about All Seasons is that you will only get treated well if you drop some phat coin. If you plan on rebuilding or building something mild, they treat you like $hit. Besides that, they are total a$$holes.

dirty old man
12-21-2004, 10:26 AM
out here in Lake Mead, All Seasons has always treated us great and I've never had a question on their pricing. you must have had a problem at sometime. goes back to the old question - is it the vendor or the customer

THOR
12-21-2004, 10:41 AM
out here in Lake Mead, All Seasons has always treated us great and I've never had a question on their pricing. you must have had a problem at sometime. goes back to the old question - is it the vendor or the customer
It is the vendor because I am one helluva nice guy. Just ask me. ;) I dont like the owner or his kids; they are all tools. This is when I lived in Henderson too. So I was a local.

diggler
12-21-2004, 01:57 PM
My engine is being built by DNE motorsports. After talking to a lot of folks, I decided on this guy. We're in the middle of the build process, but everything I have seen and heard from Dave Ebber has been top notch. He is very clear, and is willing to explain everything. That in itself makes it worth it, over any other larger production shop. Also, I fully expect an awesome motor when he is done. It will be a 565hp, potential 800+hp monster on 91 octane, no blower.

NOTALENT
12-21-2004, 02:18 PM
My engine is being built by DNE motorsports. After talking to a lot of folks, I decided on this guy. We're in the middle of the build process, but everything I have seen and heard from Dave Ebber has been top notch. He is very clear, and is willing to explain everything. That in itself makes it worth it, over any other larger production shop. Also, I fully expect an awesome motor when he is done. It will be a 565hp, potential 800+hp monster on 91 octane, no blower.
If u dont mind my asking what size engine and whats he chargin u?

Frank Jones, Esq.
12-21-2004, 02:23 PM
I understand that you're like 12, but the latter part of that question isn't something that you ask someone in an open forum Junior. You should be spending that money on some Clearasil and a haircut. Besides, what would you do with that kind of power in your tub? Next thing you know, you'd be wanting to sue Mercruiser when your drive went out.
We can help you with that.
Frank Jones, Esq.
Jones, Jones, and Jones.

NOTALENT
12-21-2004, 02:36 PM
I understand that you're like 12, but the latter part of that question isn't something that you ask someone in an open forum Junior. You should be spending that money on some Clearasil and a haircut. Besides, what would you do with that kind of power in your tub? Next thing you know, you'd be wanting to sue Mercruiser when your drive went out.
Frank Jones, Esq.
Jones, Jones, and Jones.
uh..oh...the fudge packers are back....do u incest fockers even own a boat?? why in the hell are u guys here..why would i want a hair cut?? so I can look like pretty much everyone else and be a lame as poser lawyer..?? I bet u probably look like alphalpha from the little rascals!! :rollside: flooding ur pants suspenders held high..and that pocket protector..man that should go.
As for me I have had no complaints..u have been here long enough..and obviously saw the pics...but hey..agian..ur from SF!! Later Hater!!

diggler
12-21-2004, 02:41 PM
here's what I had before I started work....
Brodix Al heads
Eagle 4340 crank and rods
Intact full roller system
Here's what I'm purchasing
DART short-deck block
custom ground cam
lower compression pistons (my old ones were 13:1)
dyno and break-in
For the block, parts, machining and dyno tests, it will be around $8-10K
It will be 565c.i.
And by the way.... Frank, kiss my ass you piece of shit

NOTALENT
12-21-2004, 02:43 PM
here's what I had before I started work....
Brodix Al heads
Eagle 4340 crank and rods
Intact full roller system
Here's what I'm purchasing
DART short-deck block
custom ground cam
lower compression pistons (my old ones were 13:1)
dyno and break-in
For the block, parts, machining and dyno tests, it will be around $8-10K
It will be 565c.i.
And by the way.... Frank, kiss my ass you piece of shit
damn..that is going to be wicked...and all done by the time summer get's here. u must be stoked!.

mirvin
12-21-2004, 02:44 PM
uh..oh...the fudge packers are back....do u incest fockers even own a boat?? why in the hell are u guys here..why would i want a hair cut?? so I can look like pretty much everyone else and be a lame as poser lawyer..?? I bet u probably look like alphalpha from the little rascals!! :rollside: flooding ur pants suspenders held high..and that pocket protector..man that should go.
As for me I have had no complaints..u have been here long enough..and obviously saw the pics...but hey..agian..ur from SF!! Later Hater!!
Carefull there young feller, he's a bonified attourny at law. He is all mighty and powerful, especially when he's wearing his spikey heals and foot long strap-on:yuk:
mirvin :devil:

NOTALENT
12-21-2004, 02:49 PM
Carefull there young feller, he's a bonified attourny at law. He is all mighty and powerful, especially when he's wearing his spikey heals and foot long strap-on:yuk:
mirvin :devil:
haha..oh yeah...I should probably watch what I say.. :D
Hey Dick and Dorass...you made the COver!!! :jawdrop:
http://www2.warnerbros.com/madmagazine/files/onthestands/images/mad449a.jpg

SHOTKALLIN
12-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Frank Jones, Esq.
Jones, Jones, and Jones.
:wink: Just when I was convinced that all lawyers are asssholes, here comes Frank Jones. :wink:

Jrocket
12-21-2004, 08:10 PM
Frank Jones, Esq.
Jones, Jones, and Jones.
LMFAO!!!!!! Sorry but that was funny.

alfonzo
12-21-2004, 11:00 PM
Frank Jones, Esq.
Jones, Jones, and Jones.LMFAO!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!! :hammerhea

bfab33
12-21-2004, 11:10 PM
That guy's a dick!!! It sucks to be such a sad and bitter person.