PDA

View Full Version : Damn Street Racers!!!!

JustMVG
12-21-2004, 12:25 AM
Well this is what a couple of idiots can do to ruin your evening, long story short, Daughter and i are on the way home after looking at some Xmas lights, we are headed east on the I-10 near Fontana, two kids are racing and weaving in and out of traffic which for a saturday was heavier than normal, probably due to holiday shopping, i see these guy in my rear view, i am in the third lane, nothing is in front of me, so i speed up just a bit to change over to the #2 lane, just as i start to make the lane change theguy goes from the 4th lane and right into the passenger side of my car, i was doing 65-70 he had to be doing 120+, sideswipes us, nicks the front of my car causing us to spin, car goes sideways engine stops no brakes, no steering, across the freeway we go and back into the center divider, the guys who were racing never even looked back. This happened so fast noone was able to get any plate #'s just descriptions of the cars, the guy who hit me was in a white 240/260Z which now must have a very nice black stripe on it. So thanks AS$HO#E!!!!! You'll get yours when the time comes, and everyones day comes good or bad!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/85Mustang4.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/85Mustang3.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/85Mustang2.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/85Mustang_1_2_.jpg

XtrmWakeborder
12-21-2004, 12:54 AM
holy shit! Thank god u guys are ok that looks pretty serious. Damn those bastards i hope they get whats coming to them!

Rexone
12-21-2004, 12:56 AM
damm little shit head bastards. I see it all the time too on the 210 through Claremont/Upland area. They push these little ricers to the limit. Limits neither the drivers or the cars are prepared for.
Too bad no one got a plate. Hit and run isn't looked on very kindly.
Fortunately you guys were not hurt or killed. Cars can be replaced.
:mad: :mad:

Newcastle
12-21-2004, 12:58 AM
That sux MandM... Trust me, I'm out there doing my part to F with the street racers out there, at least those in OC.
Dangerous stuff, but its true, at least you guys are OK.

Outnumbered
12-21-2004, 01:02 AM
That blows. So the guy that hit you was able to keep going? I would surf some of the punk-ass street racer forums and see if you can find these punks. Seems they would be bragging to their little ricer buddies about how they got in a close call and got away. I hate those f ucks. That exact same thing has almost happened to me before.
Glad you are all OK.
OL

ROZ
12-21-2004, 01:21 AM
Holy shiat Mike, Glad to hear you and your daughter are alright.... I'm sure they'll be caught over time. You may want to check the Z boards to see if anyone has something that resembles the car that struck you...

Bad2DBone
12-21-2004, 01:25 AM
That blows. So the guy that hit you was able to keep going? I would surf some of the punk-ass street racer forums and see if you can find these punks. Seems they would be bragging to their little ricer buddies about how they got in a close call and got away. I hate those f ucks. That exact same thing has almost happened to me before.
Glad you are all OK.
OL
Very good advice. I saw a forum thread where some mechanic was bragging how he beat on a new stang that came into the dealership he worked at. He then proceded to post the licence palte of the car, it was a personalized plate. Well a friend of the owner just happened to post on the board. It was a popular Mustang board.
Right now some douche bag punk is talking shit about this.
Anyways, glad you two are ok.

JustMVG
12-21-2004, 03:09 AM
Thanks all!!!, I've already signed on to a couple of boards and will be on the lookout, but we'll see what happens. I am amazed at what the car took, and that we were not more seriously hurt, like i said, it just wasn't in the overall plan for us to not be here now, yeah i was for a split second thinking that the guy would be a man about it and give a shi& aboutwhat he had done, but then i remembered this is reality and for the most part folks like that who run , will run the rest of their lives, enjoy it 'cause at the rate you're going you are not going to be running for long. I do not know what i would have done if anything bad would have happened to my daughter.... i still shudder at the thought...... A kind of ironic thing happened as we were waiting to be seen at Arrowhead Regional Hospital, the LifeFlight helo touched down about a half hour after we got there and had a guy aboard that had rooled his car, they told us it was a Z car, of course we were asking every law enforcemnet person we could find to get as much info as possible, well he was flown in from the High Desert, and it was a brand new 350Z, guy was ok and lucky also. But for that brief moment i thought justice was going to be served, but i can wait. My daughter wants to go driving again, which makes me proud, she was scared the whole night and all of sunday and yesterday, but got behind the wheel lastnight while we were out shopping, even though i was at the wheel during the accident, she's getting back on the horse and going for it , never give up and always try your best is what i have been teaching her..... She's going to be a tough girly girl..... Like a Her454.... Thanks again all, and wil keep you updated as i get info, any info.... Mike VG

JustMVG
12-21-2004, 03:15 AM
damm little shit head bastards. I see it all the time too on the 210 through Claremont/Upland area. They push these little ricers to the limit. Limits neither the drivers or the cars are prepared for.
Too bad no one got a plate. Hit and run isn't looked on very kindly.
Fortunately you guys were not hurt or killed. Cars can be replaced.
:mad: :mad:
Whats funny, sad but funny is when you start seeing more and more of those long black stripes of tire skids on the 210, thats when you see the CHP in full force, as soon as they are there, the skid marks disappear, and once CHP stops or reduces the patrols the skid marks are back and seem to get longer and longer,......... MikeVG

Phat Matt
12-21-2004, 03:20 AM
Wow! Glad you made it out OK! That car looked like it took a beating. I'm sure you already gave your family a big hug. That could have made for a really bad X-mas. :(

FMluvswater
12-21-2004, 03:42 AM
OMG Mikey! :eek:
I'm so glad you and your daughter were not injured! That car looks pretty severe to me. :2purples:
Good karma's looking out for you and yours :clover: ; trust that bad karma will follow, find and "reward" that hit and run driver. :devil: :burningm:

RiverOtter
12-21-2004, 04:05 AM
Daaaaammmmmm! Hope everybody is ok. As for the Tard Racers, they will get there's. Lots of bad carma will follow them around. :cool:

Flying Tiger
12-21-2004, 05:03 AM
Sorry you went through this.
You may find this link of interest
http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?disc=163246;article=564;title=Ask%2 0BoatCop

JetBoatRich
12-21-2004, 05:08 AM
:yuk: That really sucks, sorry to see your evening with your daughter ruined :yuk: It is good to see you both able to get away from this without a serious injury.
These guys have no idea the danger they put towards others :yuk:

SandbarScot
12-21-2004, 05:35 AM
I'm glad you two are okay Mike.

BarryMac
12-21-2004, 06:36 AM
Glad you and your daughter walked away Okay, those little bastards with the freakin coffee cans for exhaust pipes will get theres, hopefully they wont kill anyone in the process. Once again, glad that you are Okay...

JustMVG
12-21-2004, 06:39 AM
Again Thanks , yes we're both OK, but the worst part of it was missing Scream and Debbolas :( , but thats another story for another time.
Thanks Scot appreciate it, hope all is well with you and yours.
Otter,FM,JBR and Matt Thanks also, hugs were all around, it's funny how we all get so complacent about things like driving, out here the freeways at that time of night are usually wide open, and you see them racing all the time, but i have not seen this type of sheer lunacy with the conditions, not weather but traffic, lots of holiday shoppers and travelers, and these guys were MOVIN' easily over 110mph, and all over the lanes, and afterward i joked with Jackie telling her i should have been practicing my "Frogger" moves, thats what it looked like , a video game..... very surreal when it happens to you.
MikeVG

Kachina26
12-21-2004, 06:48 AM
Glad to hear that you got off easier than Racecar.hotshoe. Sorry for all the damage (car and emotional) that you guys are going through. Hope your Christmas takes a turn for the better and fast!

OGShocker
12-21-2004, 06:56 AM
OMG! Mike, glad to hear you guys are ok! Let us know if we can help in your search. Nothing feels better than to catch a$$holes like these and park a truck on their ricers. See you at the (legal) races!

Havasu_Dreamin
12-21-2004, 07:19 AM
At least you and your daughter are ok, cars can be replaced easily. That little phucker that hit you will get his eventually.

Big_Gunz_
12-21-2004, 07:27 AM
Sorry to hear about this Mike. Glad you and your daughter walked away okay.

Mrs.Racer277
12-21-2004, 07:33 AM
I am so sorry this happened to you and your daughter. Glad you were not hurt. I hope the little sh## heads pay someday.

JustMVG
12-21-2004, 07:53 AM
OMG! Mike, glad to hear you guys are ok! Let us know if we can help in your search. Nothing feels better than to catch a$$holes like these and park a truck on their ricers. See you at the (legal) races!
Thanks OG, looking forward to the Legal Races in Feb. and some of that Chicken, is your nephew coming with ya?
And asking everyone to look for a white 240/260Z almost sounds like everyone looking for the infamous white truck on the 91 thread some time back :D
So sorry to hear about Racecar hotshoe too. Whats going on with our little online family ? It's Freakin the Holidays all should be good here in the HB hood.
Next year will be better!!! For all of us. MikeVG

coolchange
12-21-2004, 08:01 AM
Damn. Merry Christmas.
I ran into a pack of these AHs last week. Was wondering if the CHP have a number to get the watch desk to put out an intercept on these fockers.

IN2-IN2MX
12-21-2004, 08:05 AM
Oh wow. So sorry to hear that. Friggen punks! At least you and your daughter came out of it ok. :squiggle:

BowTie Rick
12-21-2004, 09:42 AM
Geez Mike, that's crazy. Glad to hear your OK though. I'll keep my eyes open for anything resembling the description down here in Liverslide.

Ducatista
12-21-2004, 09:52 AM
Damn Mike, the pic's of the GT look much worse than I imagined yesterday.....Holy crap!!!!! Whew!!!! :eek:

mbrown2
12-21-2004, 09:54 AM
Sorry to hear about the incident, happy to hear you two made it out ok....these guys are friggen idiots out there... :devil:

HYPNAUTIC
12-21-2004, 09:55 AM
I'm a Group Z member here in OC. Car doesnt sound like one of ours but I will put the word out in our club. You can also post a request for help in the guestbook. Go to www.groupz.com
Glad to here your O.K.

harleypauls
12-21-2004, 10:09 AM
Wow!!! Mike I am glad to hear you and your daughter are okay!! Those m'f'ers will get theirs. What happened to you and hotshoe.racecar should make all of us realize what we have and how precious it is!! If you need any thing in the way of help with the car or anything at all, let me know, and I will try to be there for you.
Paul :cool:

JustMVG
12-21-2004, 10:11 AM
Thanks Hypnautic, the car looked to me to possibly be a Scarab V-8 conversion, he had from what i could see as he blasted by, the bigger exhaust you'd find on one of those type conversions and not one of the Fart cans, did one with a friend of mine to '72 240 so i'm familiar, he also had what looked like the BFG street legal slicks on the rears, it was definitely a project car, no trim on it, amazing what you can remember and still not get the friggin Lic. plate#.
Rick thanks appreciate it, hope all is going good with you ,
Ducatista, thanks to you too, looks like this is a blessing in disguise, i'll get to ride more :D, maybe even get me some new riding gear!!!
In2-In2 thanks too, yup they be idiots,
MBrown thanks to you also, i appreciate all the good wishes, heck my birthday is next month hope i get as many good wishes then!!! J/K
I'm more grateful for my daughter being fine then with myself, like i said i would have hated life if anything bad would have happened to her.
MikeVG

OGShocker
12-21-2004, 10:53 AM
Thanks OG, looking forward to the Legal Races in Feb. and some of that Chicken, is your nephew coming with ya?
We will be on BBQ detail at the Races. We got major props in Hot Boat this month for BBQing at the Dana Regatta page 104. The nephew will be there if his grades hold. He talks about the last race all the time.

JustMVG
12-21-2004, 11:15 AM
He does and how much of that is about my daughter!!!??? :D J/K he's great kid.

Ziggy
12-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Main thing is the two of you are ok...Iron is replacable.
Hope someone can track down this turd--Bropb16 is/was a street racer, maybe he knows this turd via the underground....

JustMVG
12-21-2004, 11:17 AM
We will be on BBQ detail at the Races. We got major props in Hot Boat this month for BBQing at the Dana Regatta page 104. The nephew will be there if his grades hold. He talks about the last race all the time.
I'm gonna have to work harder to get me one of those Dana's, so i can go to the Regatta and Xmas Party :cool:
MVG

JustMVG
12-21-2004, 11:19 AM
Hope someone can track down this turd--Bropb16 is/was a street racer, maybe he knows this turd via the underground....
I hoping something can come from this, even if the guy/guys learn a little bit about what the hell they are doing and how much risk they are taking with not only thier lives but those of others.
Ziggy did you check your voice mail yet?

bunny 166
12-21-2004, 11:19 AM
Sorry about your car...so glad you guys are safe!! People are just idiots on the road. I hope you have a very safe, Merry Christmas :)

Her454
12-22-2004, 09:41 AM
[QUOTE=MandMVG] never give up and always try your best is what i have been teaching her..... She's going to be a tough girly girl..... Like a Her454.... [QUOTE]
Thank you for the compliment.......and I wish your daughter the best. You are very lucky............

Debbolas
12-22-2004, 09:48 AM
Wow!
I had no idea that happend to you..........I'm so glad your all ok.........
Sorry we missed you Saturday (Did Scream tell you I kept looking for RV's all over the place and saying "maybe THATS HIM!" He finaly had to tell me to shut up and you were planning that for Chrismas Day.....LOL :wink:
We had fun, and got to ride in a golf cart that looks like a yellow car :wink:

Kilrtoy
12-22-2004, 10:18 AM
hopefully they get theirs someday, glad everyone is ok Mike

roostwear
12-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Thanks Hypnautic, the car looked to me to possibly be a Scarab V-8 conversion, he had from what i could see as he blasted by, the bigger exhaust you'd find on one of those type conversions and not one of the Fart cans, did one with a friend of mine to '72 240 so i'm familiar, he also had what looked like the BFG street legal slicks on the rears, it was definitely a project car, no trim on it, amazing what you can remember and still not get the friggin Lic. plate#.
Rick thanks appreciate it, hope all is going good with you ,
Ducatista, thanks to you too, looks like this is a blessing in disguise, i'll get to ride more :D, maybe even get me some new riding gear!!!
In2-In2 thanks too, yup they be idiots,
MBrown thanks to you also, i appreciate all the good wishes, heck my birthday is next month hope i get as many good wishes then!!! J/K
I'm more grateful for my daughter being fine then with myself, like i said i would have hated life if anything bad would have happened to her.
MikeVG
Without getting all voodoo, if you can remember that kind of detail, you might try hypnosis to try to recall any license plate detail. What you can remember consciously is seldom as good as the subconscious image. :idea:

Norseman
12-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Mike;
I'm glad that everyone is OK!!! Someone was watching out for you guys!!!
The guy that did this will get his, pay backs a bitch!!! :devil:
Things like this really make you appreciate what you have!!!
Enjoy the holidays!!!

core attitude
12-22-2004, 10:44 AM
Mike, sorry to hear about this but glad to see you are both fine. There are leasons in here and I'm sure that more then a few people will learn something from this and your your post. I will also put the word out to a few of the guys I know who are into the Z cars in the O.C. to see if they know anything.
Hope that your holidays improve, Pete

JustMVG
12-22-2004, 11:19 AM
Roost, your not gwtting all existential on me, but i have been running everything back thru the tape loop in our heads and have been writing down those things i can remember, thanks for the suggestion, did i say that or did you make me say that???? :) MikeVG
Pete Thanks , and appreciate you getting the word out to the Z folks. Hope all is well with you and your family.

JustMVG
12-22-2004, 11:26 AM
Wow!
I had no idea that happend to you..........I'm so glad your all ok.........
Sorry we missed you Saturday (Did Scream tell you I kept looking for RV's all over the place and saying "maybe THATS HIM!" He finaly had to tell me to shut up and you were planning that for Chrismas Day.....LOL :wink:
Yeah i was so angry that i missed out on meeting you guys AND not being able to get a ride in that golf cart, that i took it out on my car and Daughter..... yeah right, we're fine getting better each day, insurance is taking care of the car, that house and the way they have it decorated is just too neat, Matts brother was really nice and told us the situation, no problems, we got a late start, Miss Cutie,Jackie my daughter had to do some shopping, and we got stuck at the new Victoria Gardens.... so we got up to the lights late, but we used some of the back streets to get to a spot where we could park and walked over to your sisters place and then walked around took in some of the sights and then left for home. Yeah we're going to do the motorhome thing Christmas night, i was worried about the height and then saw some folks with campers and such going thru so it'sgoing to be a fun evening. See you guys soon, NASCAR @ Calif. is only 10 weeks away!!!
Mike VG

core attitude
12-22-2004, 12:02 PM
Mike, were you East or West on the 10? Empire Z had a Club Event in Ontario that day. It might be worth a try.
Empire Z (http://www.empirez.com/homepage/homepage.htm)
Pete

WaTchTheGelCoat
12-22-2004, 12:13 PM
Man, things sure have changed since my old street racing days. What ever happend to finding a deserted road that wasnt populated, marking out a 1/4 mile, and going at it. These kids these days with thier ricers are out of control. I am glad to hear you and your daughter are ok Mike.
Andy

Norseman
12-22-2004, 12:19 PM
Mike;
You may want to find out the name of the cops that patrol that section of road. Street racers tend to hang out in the same area, and the local patrolman may have an idea who it is. Especially since it's not a finished cookie cutter car.
Of course the rules when I ran was that if you ran into traffic you shut it down, and we did.
Other thing is to check with the local body shops that specialize in Z cars.
Bob

shueman
12-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Holy Crapola, Mike...!!! Glad your OK; that just sucks big-time...!!

RiverToysJas
12-22-2004, 09:16 PM
Hey Mike, very sorry to hear about what happened, and I'm glad you're all OK!!!
RTJas :D

Debbolas
12-22-2004, 09:36 PM
Yeah i was so angry that i missed out on meeting you guys AND not being able to get a ride in that golf cart, that i took it out on my car and Daughter..... yeah right, we're fine getting better each day, insurance is taking care of the car, that house and the way they have it decorated is just too neat, Matts brother was really nice and told us the situation, no problems, we got a late start, Miss Cutie,Jackie my daughter had to do some shopping, and we got stuck at the new Victoria Gardens.... so we got up to the lights late, but we used some of the back streets to get to a spot where we could park and walked over to your sisters place and then walked around took in some of the sights and then left for home. Yeah we're going to do the motorhome thing Christmas night, i was worried about the height and then saw some folks with campers and such going thru so it'sgoing to be a fun evening. See you guys soon, NASCAR @ Calif. is only 10 weeks away!!!
Mike VG
Glad you are all ok, Sorry we missed you...
Can't wait for Nascar!! :D

Scream
12-22-2004, 09:51 PM
He finaly had to tell me to shut up and you were planning that for Chrismas Day.....LOL :wink:
Did I mention that she's a drinker? :messedup:
Mike, sorry about the accident. Glad you and everyone else are ok. the pics look horrible. The delayed stress hopefully will not take too much of a toll, just keep an eye on your daughter and make sure she doesn't get too meloncholy later...it happens some times.
Scream

DryHeatOnly
12-22-2004, 11:05 PM
Glad to hear you and your daughter are ok. I hope you find the bastard.

NorCal Gameshow
12-23-2004, 01:25 AM
That is some scary stuff, especially with your daughter in the car :(
it looks like your car did it's job and absorbed the impact....

JustMVG
12-23-2004, 01:51 AM
Yes the car did it's job and i owe our lives to it, my daughter is going to write a letter to Ford thanking them, we were lucky and we know it, i hope that we get to see justice done right and the guys involved get what they rightfully deserve, but i am not going to go on a crusade, just let time take care of all of this.
And thanks to everyone, with their support and kind thoughts.
Hot Boat Forum friends Thank You again, for everything. Mike Van Gompel

NOTALENT
12-23-2004, 08:51 AM
Mike, were you East or West on the 10? Empire Z had a Club Event in Ontario that day. It might be worth a try.
Empire Z (http://www.empirez.com/homepage/homepage.htm)
Pete
Funny u should mention this.. I will likely be @ the races this weekend a friend has high stake race. Going to there link on the page..well they meet about a 1/4 of a mile from the ontario street races. They always switch the streets up. But they are within the same vicinty. I will keep my eye open..For a similar car..with rear damage if I go..
Have u guys gotten any leads yet??

JustMVG
12-23-2004, 09:34 AM
No leads but alot of great suggestions on what to do where to stuff like that, and if you see a White 240/260 with a black stripe on his driver side door or and scuffs on the left rear bumper, well you know get the plate or the VIN, i'll owe ya big!!! Thanks !!!! MikeVG