PDA

View Full Version : why??

MsDrmr
12-21-2004, 12:48 PM
why do people say they are ready to take a message and half way through the message tell you to hold on while they get a pen and paper???oh that ticks me off

Mrs.Racer277
12-21-2004, 12:51 PM
why do people say they are ready to take a message and half way through the message tell you to hold on while they get a pen and paper???oh that ticks me off
Happens to me all darn day every day. :frown:
Makes me so angry!!!

phebus
12-21-2004, 12:57 PM
Could you please repeat?....... :D

Mrs.Racer277
12-21-2004, 01:00 PM
:hammerhea :hammerhea :)

ROZ
12-21-2004, 01:01 PM
I like it when they ask for a phone number then they say to hold on while they get something to write with.... :hammerhea :D

Ziggy
12-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Because they think they will remember the message at first...then it turns out they can't and have to get that paper/pen..... :squiggle:
I admit, I've done that and felt bad about it...... :D

GHTRIM
12-21-2004, 01:03 PM
Using the pen excuse is soooooo old... I now say I need to get some paper :wink: It really throughs people on the other end of the line :)

MsDrmr
12-21-2004, 01:10 PM
:yuk: :devil: oh your gonna get it!

ROZ
12-21-2004, 01:12 PM
can you hold on a minuite? :notam:

MsDrmr
12-21-2004, 01:14 PM
ya know what else bothers me...when soliciters call my house and I hear "this call is very important, please hold for the next representivie"

1978 Rogers
12-21-2004, 01:16 PM
Using the pen excuse is soooooo old... I now say I need to get some paper :wink: It really throughs people on the other end of the line :)
I prefer pencil. Because every one you pull out of the cup (whatever you have them in), the tip is busted off. Friggin Pencils. Then you ask the person to wait a little longer while you find a good tip. :burningm: :D

BarryMac
12-21-2004, 01:16 PM
I use to do that to bill collectors.
Them: Is "Forensic" available.
Me: No.
Them: Can you take a message.
Me: Sure.
Them: Do you have a Pen and Paper?
Me: No
Them: Shall I wait?
Me: Nah, dont worry, I'll remember.
Them: Are you sure? Ok, here is the number. xxx-xxx-xxxx Please have "Mr. Forensic" call us as soon as possible.
Me: Oh, this is for "Forensic", he doesn't live here.
Forensic
Now that is some funny shiat right there...

GHTRIM
12-21-2004, 01:24 PM
I prefer pencil. Because every one you pull out of the cup (whatever you have them in), the tip is busted off. Friggin Pencils. Then you ask the person to wait a little longer while you find a good tip. :burningm: :D
Yea! that is cool because you can make them wait while you sharpen your pencil.... And you know the tip breaks several time before it is just right for writing :) :) . I'll remember that one.

MsDrmr
12-21-2004, 01:25 PM
thats funny, mean, but funny

Badger301
12-21-2004, 01:42 PM
ya know what else bothers me...when soliciters call my house and I hear "this call is very important, please hold for the next representivie"
If it's so frikken important why isnt the rep on the phone making the call himself.
Have you ever entered a drawing for a car or something only to have your info passed on to some telemarketer's. When they call I ask where they got my number and they tell me "From that drawing you entered at such and such place" I ask them if I won the car and before they can answer I am running around the house screaming like I really won something...they usually hang up and dont call back. Of course my family thinks I'm nuts but oh well.

malibuken
12-21-2004, 01:46 PM
Go one farther, say "Please hold while I get my PDA to jot this down", or "Can you hold on while my computer boots up, we do not have any pens or paper here." Or better yet, say "I have to hang up so I can enter the number in the phone I am talking on, will you hold?" :D
OK, weird afternoon here. :rolleyes:

OkieDave
12-21-2004, 02:00 PM
I usually say "you really need to be telling this to my wife" and then lay the phone down while I search for a new wife. :D

MsDrmr
12-21-2004, 02:13 PM
If it's so frikken important why isnt the rep on the phone making the call himself.
Have you ever entered a drawing for a car or something only to have your info passed on to some telemarketer's. When they call I ask where they got my number and they tell me "From that drawing you entered at such and such place" I ask them if I won the car and before they can answer I am running around the house screaming like I really won something...they usually hang up and dont call back. Of course my family thinks I'm nuts but oh well.
OMG that is FUNNY!!! I do get those calls and the funny thing is...I dont' enter drawings..

GHTRIM
12-21-2004, 02:25 PM
Go one farther, say "Please hold while I get my PDA to jot this down", or "Can you hold on while my computer boots up, we do not have any pens or paper here." Or better yet, say "I have to hang up so I can enter the number in the phone I am talking on, will you hold?" :D
OK, weird afternoon here. :rolleyes:
That's funny. I can't wait for someone to call me so I can F with them. :cool:

welk2party
12-21-2004, 02:50 PM
I tell people that I cannot take a message because I am very unreliable and my penmanship is a little to be desired. You might try calling back when I do not answer the phone. BTW, I always pick up the phone.