PDA

View Full Version : Is Jesus the son of god?

HCS
12-21-2004, 03:41 PM
The Jews don't think so. So if he isn't then why do we go out and spend all our money every year?
Jesus. :D

1stepcloser
12-21-2004, 03:43 PM
Lets say, for the sake of argument that Jesus is the son of God, what does it really have to do with spending money?

mirvin
12-21-2004, 03:47 PM
So I wandered into the local Pep Boys last weekend for some mindless nonsense and there's this lady standing at the parts counter, she yells at me halfway across the store "Merry Christmas" so I says to her I says "Merry Christmas to you" and she says to me "Jesus is our gift"!!
Cripe.
I just turned around, walked out, and went to Kragen :D
mirvin :cool:

HCS
12-21-2004, 03:49 PM
That's another good question.
Just because some camel jockies gave some baby presents. :rolleyes:

UnionJack
12-21-2004, 03:56 PM
Is this the same jesus who mows my lawn......

RiverDave
12-21-2004, 03:59 PM
Well happy f'n hollidays to you guys too..
RD :D

1stepcloser
12-21-2004, 04:00 PM
Bringing gifts to a babies birth has been a long celebrated tradition, we continue that with an annual celebration, and even a pre birth celebration.
Somewhere along the line, we developed into a free market, growth economy and marketing has convinced us that we need to get presents during this time of the year.
Cool huh? :cool:

1stepcloser
12-21-2004, 04:01 PM
Well happy f'n hollidays to you guys too..
RD :D
Back at ya Buddy!! :D

Havasu Hangin'
12-21-2004, 04:02 PM
I better quote this one. I'm pretty sure UnionJack just posted something funny!

welk2party
12-21-2004, 04:02 PM
The funny thing is that Jesus was not even born on Dec 25th. I want to say it was March.

WaTchTheGelCoat
12-21-2004, 04:04 PM
So I wandered into the local Pep Boys last weekend for some mindless nonsense and there's this lady standing at the parts counter, she yells at me halfway across the store "Merry Christmas" so I says to her I says "Merry Christmas to you" and she says to me "Jesus is our gift"!!
Cripe.
I just turned around, walked out, and went to Kragen :D
mirvin :cool:
Now that's funny! :D

HCS
12-21-2004, 04:06 PM
No......... he lives next to me. He helped me poor the cement for my driveway.

SHOTKALLIN
12-21-2004, 04:21 PM
The funny thing is that Jesus was not even born on Dec 25th. I want to say it was March.
I think a December celebration is the best way for stores to boost profits at the end of the year. Its a corporate holiday.

throwerb
12-21-2004, 04:30 PM
Let's say for a second that Jesus is the son of God. I'd sure hate to the one making fun of him. :eek:

UnionJack
12-21-2004, 04:37 PM
the guy who does my lawn was born on the 26th.....
That's right HH, I am trying to be funny, I down with JC, like I'm down with NPH

beer hunter
12-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Let's say for a second that Jesus is the son of God. I'd sure hate to the one making fun of him. :eek:
Yeah, I think I'll leave this one alone too :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I think I'll leave this one alone too :D
I will follow your lead this is one subject I will not touch

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-21-2004, 04:43 PM
The Jews don't think so. So if he isn't then why do we go out and spend all our money every year?
I hope while you are skiing you watch out for the lightening bolt that has your name on it

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Kinda what I was thinking while reading this thread.
Forensic
I hope he can ski faster than this
http://www.wunderground.com/data/wximagenew/r/riverratmike/85.jpg

Phat Matt
12-21-2004, 05:09 PM
I think he might be the son of "Uncle Sam"...
http://www.ubfellowship.org/jesus_of_nazareth.jpg http://www.digischool.nl/kleioscoop/uncle%20sam.jpg
:220v: :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v: :D

HCS
12-21-2004, 05:17 PM
I hope while you are skiing you watch out for the lightening bolt that has your name on it
I was skiing at lake Trinity one summer and a few dark clouds blew in. I didn't think anything of it. Then BAM! lighting right above me. Scared the living crap out of me. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
I thank God it didn't hit me. ;)

mike37
12-21-2004, 05:20 PM
I was skiing at lake Trinity one summer and a few dark clouds blew in. I didn't think anything of it. Then BAM! lighting right above me. Scared the living crap out of me. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
I thank God it didn't hit me. ;)
warning shot

Up 4 River
12-21-2004, 05:34 PM
I know this is a touchy subject to a lot of people but I thought I would just add a little bit. It is not meant to upset anyone or anything.
The Christian failth believes that Jesus Christ is the son of God. They believe that he was the son of the Virgin Mary and Joseph. Christmas is the holiday in which Christian believers and those who accept Christ celebrate his birth. December 25th is not the actual day he was born, but the day was based on the Jewish calendar used in those times. Christians believe that Jesus was not just a man or a prophet, but was sent here for a direct purpose and reason. They believe he was sent here to die for our sins and that is the reason people of the Christian faith celebrate not only his birth, but his death as well being Easter.
The traditional Orthadox Jewish faith does not recognize Jesus as the son of God, but as another Jewish man. They do however recognize him as a profit and a man who walked the earth and was crucified. They do not celebrate Christmas because they are not celebrating Christ birth.
The Jewish faith and Christian faith are the same up until the birth of Christ which is where the New Testament begins in the Bible.
Both have a celebration in the month of December being Hannakuh and Christmas, and both stem from their religion and a personal faith. The mainstream world and media has commercialized the season for many people to spend money and other things, but those are just a couple of reasons the two are different and why they are celebrated different.
Once again I don't mean to upset anybody, but thought I would comment on the questions since it was asked.

mirvin
12-21-2004, 05:41 PM
Oh man now I'm pissed!! It's on :p
mirvin :rollside:

HCS
12-21-2004, 05:56 PM
I should have known better. Never discuss religion or politics. :rolleyes:
It just makes me wonder. All those crazy nuts out there Christmas shopping.
If anyone is offended about my Jesus comment. sorry.
I'm religious. But when it comes to x-mas shopping. HUM-BUG! :220v:

cola
12-21-2004, 06:27 PM
I don't think I would talk about God or Jesus like that when they decide where you spend the last million or so years of your life. Just a though. :confused:
Late, Mike

Badger301
12-21-2004, 06:33 PM
I know this is a touchy subject to a lot of people but I thought I would just add a little bit. It is not meant to upset anyone or anything.
The Christian failth believes that Jesus Christ is the son of God. They believe that he was the son of the Virgin Mary and Joseph. Christmas is the holiday in which Christian believers and those who accept Christ celebrate his birth. December 25th is not the actual day he was born, but the day was based on the Jewish calendar used in those times. Christians believe that Jesus was not just a man or a prophet, but was sent here for a direct purpose and reason. They believe he was sent here to die for our sins and that is the reason people of the Christian faith celebrate not only his birth, but his death as well being Easter.
The traditional Orthadox Jewish faith does not recognize Jesus as the son of God, but as another Jewish man. They do however recognize him as a profit and a man who walked the earth and was crucified. They do not celebrate Christmas because they are not celebrating Christ birth.
The Jewish faith and Christian faith are the same up until the birth of Christ which is where the New Testament begins in the Bible.
Both have a celebration in the month of December being Hannakuh and Christmas, and both stem from their religion and a personal faith. The mainstream world and media has commercialized the season for many people to spend money and other things, but those are just a couple of reasons the two are different and why they are celebrated different.
Once again I don't mean to upset anybody, but thought I would comment on the questions since it was asked.
I spent 12 years in Catholic School and I think I learned more here. Go figure :hammerhea

Flyinbowtie
12-21-2004, 06:34 PM
The answer to the original question is yes.

mike37
12-21-2004, 06:34 PM
Christian faith celebrate not only his birth, but his death as well being Easter
doesn't Easter celebrate when he rose from the ded

Kachina26
12-21-2004, 07:20 PM
doesn't Easter celebrate when he rose from the dead
Basically yes, Easter celebrate's His death on the cross as a propitiation for our sins and His resurrection from the dead.

Kachina26
12-21-2004, 07:23 PM
September/Octoberish, it is said to have been in the fall.

HCS
12-21-2004, 08:12 PM
I don't think I would talk about God or Jesus like that when they decide where you spend the last million or so years of your life. Just a though. :confused:
Late, Mike
I can step into the confession booth and clear my sole anytime I want.
We live in hell. You really think we have to answer to this?
Jesus forgives.
And who knows, maybe he can take a joke. :D

Misogynist
12-21-2004, 10:02 PM
Am I the only one to have noticed that "prophet" and "profit" sound exactly alike?........ :jawdrop:

HCS
12-21-2004, 11:17 PM
Am I the only one to have noticed that "prophet" and "profit" sound exactly alike?........ :jawdrop:
NO!