PDA

View Full Version : Horns

phebus
12-21-2004, 07:24 PM
I know most production boats have horns as standard equiptment, but I rarely see any of the customs with them. Who has them, and why don't they put them on the customs? At times they would be nice to have instead of the hand held air horns.

Havasu Hangin'
12-21-2004, 07:26 PM
I got one.
Of course, I can't hear it....but it's up there (I think). :idea:

Dr. Eagle
12-21-2004, 07:35 PM
My Eliminator didn't come with one and there were times I wish there were one on the boat, but like HH says I don't think anyone would have heard it anyway.
In fact I don't think they'd hear it on my Ultra with the SBChevy... (with the thru hull exhaust that gives 5+ MPH increase!)... :rollside:

phebus
12-21-2004, 07:41 PM
I was thinking I would like to have one for going through the channel. There are always those knuckleheads that can't hold their course, and cause you to have to reverse throttle or veer away abrubtly. It would be nice to have an asshole alarm. :D

HOOTER SLED-
12-21-2004, 07:42 PM
I would think HORNy chicks on your boat would be a better option. But that's just me. :D

Dr. Eagle
12-21-2004, 07:43 PM
I was thinkingI would like to have one for going through the channel. There are always those knuckleheads that can't hold their course, and cause you to have to reverse throttle or veer away abrubtly. It would be nice to have an asshole alarm. :D
A truck air horn might be nice... you'd see them :2purples: poop their pants right in front of you :wink:

HOOTER SLED-
12-21-2004, 07:46 PM
You would probably need air horns(like semi truck style) for the channel.
I just like to grab the Mrs. HOOTERS and go "honk honk", when I squeeze them. It's always fun. After all, they are called fun bags, and I am on the HOOTER SLED. :D :D

Moneypitt
12-21-2004, 07:47 PM
F' ing Train Horns, loud mothers, blow them at every area of congestion, just like a freight train going through a small town at night. Every area with houses along the strip where they complain about exhaust noise, blast 'em with horns instead.......See how they like it, Horns all day, or exhaust once in a while...............MP

Dr. Eagle
After all, they are called fun bags, and I am on the HOOTER SLED. :D :D
Nice......... :wink: :cool: :wink:

Havasu Hangin'
I was thinkingI would like to have one for going through the channel. There are always those knuckleheads that can't hold their course, and cause you to have to reverse throttle or veer away abrubtly. It would be nice to have an asshole alarm. :D
You mean like the Commander guys that back out and don't care about the 10,000lb. boat coming at them?
Shocking. :notam:
My horn is so quiet, I think Cig just put it on there to meet a requirement. The only way to put a loud one on there is to bolt it to the hull- maybe DCB will come up with a billet one they can charge $2K for?
My buddy has a early-90's Eliminator that has one recessed into the hull, I think- I think it's covered by a small black vented plate.

Dr. Eagle
12-21-2004, 07:53 PM
Maybe RD could design a cool looking 200 Decibel horn out of billet aluminum, powdercoated of course... :cool:

HOOTER SLED-
12-21-2004, 07:55 PM
Why not mount one near one of the vents in the back and then just drive backwards through The Channel? :wink:

phebus
12-21-2004, 07:57 PM
Eddie Marine has theese:
These attractive compact horns meet US Coast Guard requirements. Simply “drop in” a 2 1/4” hole. Dress up with a polished or Fusioncoated stainless steel cover (sold separately). 4 1/2”L X 2 1/2”W
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1753m_300.jpg

Dr. Eagle
12-21-2004, 07:59 PM
Why not mount one near one of the vents in the back and then just drive backwards through The Channel? :wink:
You could make it an automatic backup alarm too... :)

SHAKEN Not Stirred
12-21-2004, 10:23 PM
I know most production boats have horns as standard equiptment, but I rarely see any of the customs with them. Who has them, and why don't they put them on the customs? At times they would be nice to have instead of the hand held air horns.
Because it would make your boat look like a Bayliner....... :rolleyes:
Thats why..... :)
CJG
:rollside: