PDA

View Full Version : Supercross suffers tragic loss

slink
12-22-2004, 01:05 PM
Apparently Kevin Windam's long time mechanic, Jon Hyland, commited suicide yesterday after shooting his new wife and her "Male friend" outside a motel in Pennsylvania. Both the wife and her friend are expected to live. Hyland shot himself after being cornered by police. Tragic loss for all involved. more of the story on racerxill.com

dicudmore
12-22-2004, 01:07 PM
:frown: :frown: :cry:

BarryMac
12-22-2004, 01:09 PM
Wow, that sucks...

RiverDave
12-22-2004, 01:10 PM
Maybe this will send a message to cheating wives?
RD

Her454
12-22-2004, 01:14 PM
RD
I'm not gonna touch that RD, but I cant wait to see Ratso's input on this. :D

jackpunx
12-22-2004, 01:17 PM
RD
LMAO..
wait.. this is a serious thead.... ;)

boatnam2
12-22-2004, 01:22 PM
chick was probaly a pit rat and the only loss was he killed himself over her.

slink
12-22-2004, 01:23 PM
Hey, I never said anything about cheating, just cuz a wife meets a "friend" of the opposite sex at a motel doesn't mean their cheating :rolleyes: does it?

slink
12-22-2004, 01:25 PM
I heard that they had meet at an outdoor national and were married last year. so youre probably right

boatnam2
12-22-2004, 01:31 PM
yea the problem is the riders pull in the hot chicks and the screwed up ones or left overs end up with the mechanics.alot like a rock band dealio.

Rev. Williams
12-22-2004, 01:44 PM
I'm gonna preface this by saying I have know idea about the true facts of this case......... But I'm thinking the other way. Any person that takes a gun and shoots his wife and HER boyfriend then himself is not in his right mind!! If he's so weak in himself to let a cheating wife destroy his own life, then I'm thinking he didn't have much of a life anyways and he should have shot himself first and left the wife and her "Friend" alone.
F'n losers.... To kill over a cheating wife??? WTF ??? No (cheating) women is worth going to jail for, or killing yourself over.
Why is it so important for these people to maintain "The Rep" and be the dumb-ass loser that picks up a gun to prove a point?? I just don't get it.

jackpunx
12-22-2004, 01:47 PM
I'm gonna preface this by saying I have know idea about the true facts of this case......... But I'm thinking the other way. Any person that takes a gun and shoots his wife and HER boyfriend then himself is not in his right mind!! If he's so weak in himself to let a cheating wife destroy his own life, then I'm thinking he didn't have much of a life anyways and he should have shot himself first and left the wife and her "Friend" alone.
F'n losers.... To kill over a cheating wife??? WTF ??? No (cheating) women is worth going to jail for, or killing yourself over.
Why is it so important for these people to maintain "The Rep" and be the dumb-ass loser that picks up a gun to prove a point?? I just don't get it.
just add a little booze and or drugs.. and people make mistakes

Her454
12-22-2004, 02:08 PM
just add a little booze and or drugs.. and people make mistakes
Since when is MURDER classified as a mistake? :hammerhea :)

jackpunx
12-22-2004, 02:10 PM
Since when is MURDER classified as a mistake? :hammerhea :)
ask anyone who has killed anyone if they thought it was a mistake
Dont tell me that you have never done anything that you regreted drunk....
well.. some people go a little further then others..

Her454
12-22-2004, 02:13 PM
ask anyone who has killed anyone if they thought it was a mistake..I dont happen to know any convicted murderer's to ask that question........
Does Marriage count? :cry: :D Just kidding....I did it cold sober and it was just as bad.

Norseman
12-22-2004, 02:14 PM
well.. some people go a little further then others..
I usually try to deny it, unless there are pictures :frown:
Then I tell them it was my Evil Twin :devil:

jackpunx
12-22-2004, 02:17 PM
Does Marriage count? :cry: :D Just kidding....I did it cold sober and it was just as bad.
:D

Her454
12-22-2004, 02:22 PM
Then I tell them it was my Evil Twin :devil:
You have one of those too? :)

RiverToysJas
12-22-2004, 02:24 PM
Yeah! He should'a just left her ass in the desert!!! ;)
RTJas :D

boatnam2
12-22-2004, 03:04 PM
there is 12 races in the outdoor series.he could of just waited until the next race and got a new wife.

Jordy
12-22-2004, 04:01 PM
Or he coulda petersoned them and taken them fishing. :eek: :cool:

Her454
12-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Actually, Im sure the families dont think this is very funny. This kind of stuff happens alot -as tragic as it is and those 2 were very lucky to still be alive.

Jordy
12-22-2004, 04:06 PM
Actually, Im sure the families dont think this is very funny. This kind of stuff happens alot -as tragic as it is and those 2 were very lucky to still be alive.
Yeah, on a serious note, it is a sad thing. Why someone feels the need to kill someone else over love or lack thereof. This ain't Romeo and Juliet. I'd get more satisfaction knowing that I moved on and was happier without her than I would sitting behind bars or in a pine box.
:frown: :frown: :frown:

Rev. Williams
12-22-2004, 04:09 PM
Now that's some funny $hit right there !!! You think the "Friend" had a wakeboard boat??? :D

Kilrtoy
12-22-2004, 05:10 PM
I agree with the REV, This dude had something wrong upstairs.....
If my wife cheated on me, I would be hurt, but damn I would have a new bitch by the end of the week to comfort me.....

ratso
12-23-2004, 09:52 AM
I'm not gonna touch that RD, but I cant wait to see Ratso's input on this. :D
:jawdrop: My son, nephew, and a friend of theirs used to get with Windham ever so often and practice, a few years back before we got out of it all together. You know, people cheat, it's a fact of life. Have any of you ever cheated? Did you deserve to die? You put it behind you and move on, which is easier said than done. Kilrtoy makes it sound easy, although I hope he is never put into that situation. I'm not so sure he would handle it with such ease. No offense but I've been there more times than I can count, which is why I avoid getting too serious or too close. With my history, past and present...and last night, would I ever expect to get shot over it? Yes. I don't care if you are married or not, you don't own anyone...and if it's come to the point of cheating, then let them go, you don't kill them...
My next TPC update will reflect a little on this. I've got a "loose cannon" after me now...

Her454
12-23-2004, 10:28 AM
people cheat, it's a fact of life. Have any of you ever cheated? Did you deserve to die? You put it behind you and move on, which is easier said than done. Kilrtoy makes it sound easy, although I hope he is never put into that situation. I'm not so sure he would handle it with such ease. I don't care if you are married or not, you don't own anyone...and if it's come to the point of cheating, then let them go, you don't kill them...
Very well said.

Seadog
12-23-2004, 02:04 PM
There are a lot of us that consider marriage a strong bond which has great responsibilities. Cheating, after that short a time, indicates a shallow, self centered, low life. Even so, it can be devistating to someone that takes marriage seriously. The only thing worse, is a spouse that drives the other to cheat and then when they find out about it, goes shopping for a really nasty divorce lawyer. What is amazing is that in my experience, the worse ones for cheating and shafting their spouses, are the women. Men tend to be more gullible.