PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Take Euro Delivery of their BMW?

Flying Tiger
04-18-2006, 04:10 PM
A few questions:
Were you allowed to take it on the Autobahn and kick it in the ass?
If so, did you and how fast?
What was the shipping to the U.S. like? Time, conditions, Dropping it off, picking it up here in the US?
Did they have a factory OmmPahh band playing while they handed you the keys?
What were your positive takes on the experience?

Ziggy
04-18-2006, 04:19 PM
Hey Ross,
That's actually what I specialize in....
You can drive it where you want, how you want but remember most of the US cars have limiters on them.
Last time I went I took an M3 to its limiter at about 136ish. :) :(
After dropping in Europe expect 6 to 8 weeks for it to get home.
No band but you do get a lunch coupon :D
Everyone that's gone has always had great things to say, tough part is waiting for it to get back, anxiety tends to rise. :p

ChumpChange
04-18-2006, 04:45 PM
tough part is waiting for it to get back, anxiety tends to rise. :p
For reals. I've been waiting a week for my Porsche to get here. It won't be here until next Friday and I'm strarting to get mad!!!
Ziggy: Do you have Minis as well?

wsuwrhr
04-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Yes you can.
A friend of mine did this when he bought his BMW.
Brian

Ziggy
04-18-2006, 04:57 PM
For reals. I've been waiting a week for my Porsche to get here. It won't be here until next Friday and I'm strarting to get mad!!!
Ziggy: Do you have Minis as well?
Nope, not a Mini dealer :(
BMW's Euro program is pretty inclusive so far as the car is concerned...insurance, shipping, port fees, duties........

uvindex
04-18-2006, 05:01 PM
BMW's site has a lot of good info on this option: Euro Delivery (http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/EuropeanDelivery/default.htm) (You're allowed to keep it in Europe for up to six months before a 16% penalty tax kicks in.)
Good luck! :)

ChumpChange
04-19-2006, 08:34 AM
Ziggy: I know you'll probably be in this thread again so please check your PMs. I have a buyer for you who would like to come by today. Probably not Euro delivery though.

Ziggy
04-19-2006, 10:29 AM
BMW's site has a lot of good info on this option: Euro Delivery (http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/EuropeanDelivery/default.htm) (You're allowed to keep it in Europe for up to six months before a 16% penalty tax kicks in.)
Good luck! :)
Yeah but they(aka German gov) charge a "road use tax" that has to paid in cash, I believe that kicks in at 3 months. You can, with a valid reason such as "going to school" can request up to 12 month stay. With the valid exception you can still avoid the 16% VAT.
Thanks CC....got all the info ;)