PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Eve

Her454
12-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Or Christmas morning? When do you open your gifts? We open one on Christmas Eve and the rest in the morning...after Santa has left his gifts too..... :D

Mrs.Racer277
12-23-2004, 04:14 PM
Christmas Eve at our house and Santa in the morning.
The hubby's family does it all Christmas morning.

Unforgiven
12-23-2004, 04:18 PM
Or Christmas morning? When do you open your gifts? We open one on Christmas Eve and the rest in the morning...after Santa has left his gifts too..... :D
you'll have one to open on new years too!!

Kim Hanson
12-23-2004, 04:22 PM
We have and are stuck with Christmas Eve, 1 present with Marcys family and after they all leave we get into them ( Marcy doesn't like to show how much money we spend on the girls ) hard and fast :wink: ..........( . )( . )........

welk2party
12-23-2004, 04:32 PM
I unwrap my wife Christmas Eve and the rest in the morning. :eek:

harleypauls
12-23-2004, 04:33 PM
Just like that. One on Christmas Eve and the rest in the morning.
Forensic
Us too!!! One Christmas Eve, the rest Christmas morning.
Paul :)

Mandelon
12-23-2004, 04:38 PM
Whichever you want. :D

Ziggy
12-23-2004, 04:48 PM
Our German tradition has us celebrating Heiliges Abend(Holy Eve) and opening gifts from St. Nicolaus on the 24th evening....so we do that at my parents home...
Then we have our own Christmas from Santa at our home in the morning....The kids have always loved having two days of presents :wink:

Her454
12-23-2004, 04:52 PM
you'll have one to open on new years too!!
Whooooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooooooo! :)

Goldilocks
12-23-2004, 06:19 PM
Christmas Eve with Matt's family here in SoCal and then Christmas Day with my parents in Vegas. I love driving to Vegas Christmas morning. There is NO TRAFFIC :)

Kilrtoy
12-23-2004, 06:43 PM
Christmas Eve with Matt's family here in SoCal and then Christmas Day with my parents in Vegas. I love driving to Vegas Christmas morning. There is NO TRAFFIC :)
WHAT no FRENCHIE and NIKKI :idea:

Debbolas
12-23-2004, 06:43 PM
Christmas Eve the kids get one gift. Traditionaly this has been cute p.j.'s for their Christmas morning photographs. As they get older, this tradition has become a bit "lame", this may be the last year I do it....(they KNOW what the presents are before they open them) :D lol
Then the rest Christmas morning and the rule is the sun has to be up for it to be Christmas Morning....then we go to Matt's brothers house for Breakfast and then back to our house to enjoy our presents. :D My folks come the day after, so more presents then as well :D

THOR
12-23-2004, 06:45 PM
That is exactly how we do it.

Kilrtoy
12-23-2004, 06:48 PM
ALL OF THEM CHRISTMAS EVE and then the ones Santa left that night in the morning

Norseman
12-23-2004, 08:01 PM
We have both Joan and my family here xmas eve.Usually about 35 people. The kids get to open thier gifts from Aunts , Uncles, Cousins ect. They also get one gift from Mom and Dad. It's always PJ's, and it's expected.
Then we as a Family open gifts Xmas morning, both from Santa and from each other.
Bob

Debbolas
12-23-2004, 09:06 PM
We have both Joan and my family here xmas eve.Usually about 35 people. The kids get to open thier gifts from Aunts , Uncles, Cousins ect. They also get one gift from Mom and Dad. It's always PJ's, and it's expected.
Then we as a Family open gifts Xmas morning, both from Santa and from each other.
Bob
So.........how do you feel about the PJ's? :confused:

Kindsvater Flat
12-23-2004, 09:17 PM
We do the family ones on the eve and the ones from santa in the morning for the little kids.

FMluvswater
12-23-2004, 10:41 PM
That is exactly the tradition I was raised with but the ex and his family don't do it that way so my kiddo doesn't either. All on Christmas morning now. I kinda miss the Christmas Eve exchange.
Deb - just my .02 keep up with the PJ's thing til they move out teens have to save face and call everything their parents do "lame" but I bet it will be fond memories to them when they are all growed up. :wink:

Norseman
12-24-2004, 05:13 AM
So.........how do you feel about the PJ's? :confused:
MAkes a good gift for the kids, for xmas eve. :smile:
I don't wear them :devil:

RiverOtter
12-24-2004, 05:21 AM
http://www.havasubarney.com/forums/html/emoticons/blink.gif We do the same thing!! http://www.havasubarney.com/forums/html/emoticons/cool1.gif We had to start doing that years ago cause MrsRO can't stand the wait :D