PDA

View Full Version : Cherish a memory.

Snowboat
12-23-2004, 08:04 PM
In 1999 I took my three youngest sons to Burley Idaho to the races. My wife was so enthralled that she never left the riverbank for three days. Later we bought our first Biesemeyer from Rassie Harper. Here's our second. It was Lance's 701 boat. Lance's brother and his Mom were very nice people, to say the least. Today was the coldest day of the year, 20' below this morning. The pics are bad but the boat is an HONORABLE memory. I'm going to put a super stock engine in it and put it back together. Its so light I may have to reinforce the bow and sides, add 25 lbs of mat and glass. At the lake, we may not have the luxury of a ramp valet. The Billy B paint job is still intact, simple but nice. Only one more boat to go, and all my five sons will have a flattie,when I die. I am honored.

voodooCanoe
12-23-2004, 08:10 PM
where are the pictures?? :confused:

Snowboat
12-23-2004, 08:17 PM
Got 'em on the gallery, and have two sons home from college. Give me an hour, they'll help me. Premature posting, I'm sorry dear, give me a day to reload.

Moneypitt
12-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Ken, I've been biting my tongue ever since you told me. Thankgoodness I don't have to keep your secret any longer. I guess I should've moved to snow country before I started boating!!!! Can't wait to see it, up close and personal. But, which boat will you bring, with all those choices.........Ray

superdave013
12-23-2004, 08:55 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/214Dsc00028.jpg

superdave013
12-23-2004, 08:55 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/214Dsc00031.jpg

superdave013
12-23-2004, 08:56 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/214Dsc00048.jpg

superdave013
12-23-2004, 08:56 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/214Dsc00055.jpg

GofastRacer
12-23-2004, 09:02 PM
Congrats Ken, I hope you're going to put the motor in the "Right" way in this one!.. :)

DaveA
12-23-2004, 09:38 PM
That there's a piece of history. Yes, cherish it.
DaveA

Morg
12-23-2004, 10:12 PM
Nice catch.
hope you have it done for Needles, We can run some laps. :) :)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-24-2004, 12:16 AM
Ken,
Thats the boat I drove :cool: It used to be yellow and blue and was called the "Dancin Bear". :smile:
Jerry

76BARRON
12-24-2004, 07:42 AM
Nice boat Ken, by the looks of the pix it look's like the wife has DIBB'S on it! :D Hope you bring it out west or would that be south?(4u) next year ! see you then!
76barron

Moneypitt
12-24-2004, 11:49 AM
Ken, If Marlene searched the world over she would not find a better home for one of Lance's boats. I have a feeling there was more than just money involved in this transfer of ownership. What an addition to your stable! Would you and Wendy consider adopting an old crew chief as another son??
Happy Holidays.........Ray

CircleJerk
12-24-2004, 03:34 PM
Now that pic with the Mrs. in it really scared my wifie! A Faulkner equipped woman so close to us.....Yikes. After popping a tranqualizer into the Blonde, and getting her to relax with Oprah in her recliner, I informed her that they never circle race, only picnic and cruise down south! She's fine now....... :messedup: You're still the best girl driver within 1000 miles, I whispered.............

Moneypitt
12-24-2004, 05:08 PM
CJ, you should see her drive the blown Beezer...........A SS motor in that boat would be a walk in the park for her..................MP

Snowboat
12-24-2004, 07:20 PM
Merry Christmas to all. Thanks Dave, for posting. My wife is pissed off that's she's on the net, she was freezing her ass off. It was the coldest day of the year. Back at the old coal mine and didn't have time. First day on the job as the shop supervisor at the largest coal mine in the world (one of four). Yes Art, it will be in the right way, There are a lot of stress cracks in the gelcoat, because its a very light layup. I have to strengthen it a bit, because I can't have someone put it in the water while I'm in it. The Billy B paint job is simple and still good, except in two spots. Its all there but an engine and ignition. Marlene and Bill said just keep a 427 in it, too light for major HP. Any deals out there. So far all I have is a pan. Sure wish I hadn't sold my 427 stuff on ebay. PS. Moneypitt and some others, Bill said some guys do run their 12.5/1 engines on AV gas.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-24-2004, 08:24 PM
Marlene and Bill said just keep a 427 in it, too light for major HP.
I remember asking Lance why he wanted that boat before he bought it from Mike Bautch (sp). He said "its light!" "really light! :) " Billy painted 3 boats in that scheme in 94 or 95, a gn, a cracker and a superstock. They were a team sponsored by a company called Paramount (not the movie co.) The superstock (your boat) was owned and driven by Robert Shearer (sp). Lance and Ty had that thing haulin' in 2001.
Jerry :cool:

superdave013
12-24-2004, 08:30 PM
They were a team sponsored by a company called Paramount (not the movie co.)
Jerry :cool:
Is that Paramount Pipe on Angus in Orange?

superdave013
12-24-2004, 08:35 PM
Merry Christmas to all. Thanks Dave, for posting. My wife is pissed off that's she's on the net, she was freezing her ass off. It was the coldest day of the year. Back at the old coal mine and didn't have time. First day on the job as the shop supervisor at the largest coal mine in the world (one of four). Yes Art, it will be in the right way, There are a lot of stress cracks in the gelcoat, because its a very light layup. I have to strengthen it a bit, because I can't have someone put it in the water while I'm in it. The Billy B paint job is simple and still good, except in two spots. Its all there but an engine and ignition. Marlene and Bill said just keep a 427 in it, too light for major HP. Any deals out there. So far all I have is a pan. Sure wish I hadn't sold my 427 stuff on ebay. PS. Moneypitt and some others, Bill said some guys do run their 12.5/1 engines on AV gas.
Do you want me to take them down? I hope not as they really show the excitment. They show the BuRRRRRRRRRRRRR factor too.
Cool boat and it's good to see you will be keeping the history alive.

GofastRacer
12-25-2004, 05:56 AM
Ken, what all do you need to put a 427 together??, I may have some stuff!..I ran my 440 with 12.5 to 1 for years with Avgas with no problems at all, just make sure you add the Marvel!.. ;)

Snowboat
12-25-2004, 07:43 PM
No Dave don't take them down. Thanks for posting them. She's never happy with her pics but she looks nice. So far Art, I have a pan with a built in windage tray, and that's it. I have some anodizing to do. A lot of the rigging is fine. The time to do it right is the first time. Can you re-anno or do I have to go through the oven cleaner deal? Also, some have recommended some good shops for annodizing, what are they? I'm also looking for two circle seats, or leads, not drag seats. If I can't get it together by the end of April, I'll bring the other one.
Jerry, I talked to Mike Bautsch in '99. It really is light. He was a postman and his Dad was the pit crew. When I saw it, in Provo, she looked familiar. It may never be a showboat, just a nice clean installation of a correct SS. I can't compete with Billy, Art, Wayne, and Buckles, in a show and shine. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks, Ken.

MoJetBoPar
12-25-2004, 08:52 PM
Very cool!!
I like your idea of "leaving a legacy" to your 5 sons. I have 2 sons and am currently pulling the pieces together for a 2nd v-drive. Will keep the jet for myself.

Moneypitt
12-25-2004, 09:54 PM
MJBP.....My son has an 80 "JJ custom" jet with a 383 mopar, I thought it was the only wierd jet combo in the free world, well, live and learn.....MP
PS Ken now has another son to leave a boat to. Me. All I have to do is forge his name a few more times, and the adoption will be complete.......MP

GofastRacer
12-26-2004, 05:27 AM
No Dave don't take them down. Thanks for posting them. She's never happy with her pics but she looks nice. So far Art, I have a pan with a built in windage tray, and that's it. I have some anodizing to do. A lot of the rigging is fine. The time to do it right is the first time. Can you re-anno or do I have to go through the oven cleaner deal? Also, some have recommended some good shops for annodizing, what are they? I'm also looking for two circle seats, or leads, not drag seats. If I can't get it together by the end of April, I'll bring the other one.
Jerry, I talked to Mike Bautsch in '99. It really is light. He was a postman and his Dad was the pit crew. When I saw it, in Provo, she looked familiar. It may never be a showboat, just a nice clean installation of a correct SS. I can't compete with Billy, Art, Wayne, and Buckles, in a show and shine. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks, Ken.
Ken, I'll go through my stuff and see what I've got and PM ya. You don't need to do the oven cleaner deal, you can just take it in and they will strip and polish and reanno the stuff for ya!..The only place I'm familiar with is Aerodynamic Plating Company in Gardena,Ca (310) 515-1585, they did two of my boats and a bunch of other stuff and it always turnred out great and the best part was the customer service!...I don't know of any used seats but if you want new ones, call Dave Bryant 480-832-1330, he makes the good ones!....

Snowboat
12-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Thanks so much Art. Anybody else got any engine deals out there?

MoJetBoPar
12-26-2004, 09:25 PM
MJBP.....My son has an 80 "JJ custom" jet with a 383 mopar, I thought it was the only wierd jet combo in the free world, well, live and learn.....MP
MP,
There's at least 3 other Mopar guys (1 with a jet) on this board. I like to be different, no budget to be real fast, just like the old retro stuff myself.

Moneypitt
12-27-2004, 09:57 AM
Ken, getting back to your new toy, what do you mean you can't have someone put it in the water with you in it? And, have you seen Billy's "vacation" thread? Got camp?............Ray

Snowboat
12-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Yep Ray, I saw Billy's thread and reserved spot 70 in the outer circle. What I meant about sitting in the boat and being backed into the water is.....at a lake I need to get from the seat to the bow, to catch myself from running aground, without falling through the deck. Called that anno shop and searching for engine parts in racingjunk.com to build a 427 or an LS 7. Failing that I have found an LS 6 to take apart and build upon. I'd like it to be correct if possible.

INEEDAV
12-31-2004, 09:02 PM
Congratulations Kenny. Next boat of mine will be circular in nature, can't wait.

Morg
12-31-2004, 09:47 PM
Congratulations Kenny. Next boat of mine will be circular in nature, can't wait.
Billy,
Did not know you were one of us. :D :D

INEEDAV
12-31-2004, 10:53 PM
Billy,
Did not know you were one of us. :D :D
Morg I made about twenty passes this weekend on a strip pit in Kansas. It was 40 degrees outside and there was ice at the boat ramp. I am in way over my head. :squiggle:

Morg
01-01-2005, 09:35 AM
Billy,
Come on cheif, what were you thinking, 40 deg. & Ice. asif you can drive a flat in those conditions. You can't hold the plate much less keep you foot pinned when your legs are shivering.

INEEDAV
01-01-2005, 09:48 AM
Billy,
Come on cheif, what were you thinking, 40 deg. & Ice. asif you can drive a flat in those conditions. You can't hold the plate much less keep you foot pinned when your legs are shivering.
Sure you can ask Snowboat. Wet suit, wool coat, helmet, life jacket, no regard for ones personal comfort and its a breeze, had I brought more fuel I would have stayed longer. I spent a week in Fort McMurray, Alberta at -40 preparing for this, I was ready.

Morg
01-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Actualy with the amount of seat time I've had lately. That does not sound to bad.

Fiat48
01-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Wow! Someone with the fever worse than Morg! :D

INEEDAV
01-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Wow! Someone with the fever worse than Morg! :D
We brought the boat back to Iowa with us this trip. Courtney caught me eye balling:idea: the BIG River this morning when we went to the grocery store. I got a simple "Don't even think about it", she looked serious .