PDA

View Full Version : For my brothers in blue

LOWRIVER2
12-24-2004, 06:08 AM
Be careful out there,
Policeman's Prayer to Saint Michael
St. Michael, Heaven's glorious commssioner of Police, who once so neatly and successfully cleared God's premises of all its undesirables, look with kindly and professional eyes on your earthly force. Give us cool heads, stout hearts, hard punches, an uncanny flair for investigation and wise judgement. Make us the terror of burglars, the friend of children and law-abiding citizens, kind to strangers, polite to bores, strict with law-breakers and impervious to temptation.
You know, St. Michael, from your own experiences with the devil that the policeman's lot on earth is not always a happy one;but your sense of duty that so pleased God, your hard knocks that so surprised the devil, and your angelic self-control give us inspiration. And when we lay down our night sticks, enroll us in your Heavenly Force, where we will be as proud to guard the throne of God as we have been to guard the city of men, Amen.
Keith Sayre at Group One once told me cops and firefighters have been the boat builder's bread and butter for years in overall sales. So that's how this thread is "boat related", in case Havasu Hangin wants to know/lol
Watch your six guys,
LR

slink
12-24-2004, 07:58 AM
First thing on before the vest is my Saint Michael necklace and a one sits on my desk as well. Merry Christmans my brothers in Blue :wink:

phebus
12-24-2004, 08:38 AM
A big thank you to all law enforcement. Be safe this holiday season, and allways.

Havasu Hangin'
12-24-2004, 08:56 AM
Good post LOWRIVER2.
I would also like to say Merry Christmas to my fellow sales brothers in suits. Those fearless unsung heros who risk thier lives in airports and rental cars everyday, just so the average citizen can have goods and services (that most take for granted) to make their lives better.
May your briefcases always be full, and your familes remember who you are when you get home.
:cool:

Newcastle
12-24-2004, 10:04 AM
Thanks Lowriver.
God Bless the cops out there, keep 'em safe (especially the poor bastards like me :cry: that can't be with their families and have to work Christmas Eve...and Christmas...and New Years...).
But seriously, thanks to all coppers and firemen that are out there. Don't do it for me, but if you get a chance, thank one this Holiday season. It makes them feel appreciated, trust me. Unless of course you're the one in the backseat! :)

Keith E. Sayre
12-28-2004, 01:46 PM
Lowriver: You're right, you have a good memory. I'll say it again too. Want to go broke in the boat business??? screw over a cop or fireman. They know
everyone, they buy more boats than any other profession and second place is a very distant second place, and they're all related! Their credit unions
are wonderful to deal with and let's face it, these guys walk to a different gait. In my opinion, it takes a certain personality to put on a vest and let
people shoot at you or put on that hat and run into burning buildings.
We should all be grateful to these guys. One of the positives of 9/11 was
that it seemed like the police and firemen finally got some recognition for the sacrifices that they make. God bless the bunch of ya! When was the last time that anyone said "thanks" to them?
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

dimarcobros
12-28-2004, 02:18 PM
Lowriver: You're right, you have a good memory. I'll say it again too. Want to go broke in the boat business??? screw over a cop or fireman. They know
everyone, they buy more boats than any other profession and second place is a very distant second place, and they're all related! Their credit unions
are wonderful to deal with and let's face it, these guys walk to a different gait. In my opinion, it takes a certain personality to put on a vest and let
people shoot at you or put on that hat and run into burning buildings.
We should all be grateful to these guys. One of the positives of 9/11 was
that it seemed like the police and firemen finally got some recognition for the sacrifices that they make. God bless the bunch of ya! When was the last time that anyone said "thanks" to them?
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Well said Keith, and very true.
DMB

BCAdvantage
12-28-2004, 02:57 PM
I would also like to send a Happy Holidays to my fellow brothers and sisters in blue (Or in my case, Tan and Green). Be safe and remember, the most important thing in a days work is logging off and going home.
See Ya soon in Havasu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vdrivenman
12-29-2004, 04:36 AM
likewise I salute all past & present LE ,Firefighters and EMS for the jobs you do. I do Love my job ! i have been a p/o for 30yrs and now have a son 5 yrs into his career and now understand some of what my parents and spouse go through when i am away at work.
i pray for everyones safety and always try & remember:
"No Call is Routine" and "Tactics over Emotions" !

probablecause
12-29-2004, 06:45 AM
Firemen might be heroes, but we are professional baby-sitters. Thanks to all, even Parole who I never answer their phones in Firestone. :coffeycup