PDA

View Full Version : ROOSTER TAIL

sleek
10-17-2000, 06:43 PM
I RECENTLY BOUGHT MY FIRST JET BOAT IN APRIL OF THIS YEAR. IT IS A 73 SLEEKCRAFT WITH A OLDS 455 AND A BERKLEY. MY QUESTION IS, IT HAS NO ROOSTER TAIL(2FOOT HIGH, 30FOOT LONG)? IS THE ONLY WAY TO ACHIVE THE HIGH AND LONG TAIL IS WITH THE USE OF A JETAVATOR? DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ON WHERE TO GET EITHER A JETAVATOR OR ANY OTHER ATTACHMENT FOR THE BIG TAIL?

Euroski
10-18-2000, 03:35 PM
I am wondering why does a jet boat owner want a rooster tale real high? I have seen the add(Place Diverter) in Hoatboat that shows the rooster 20 ft high and a mile long. What is the purpose for having it like that.

ED
10-19-2000, 03:29 PM
You'll want a Place Diverter. You can get one through the internet (search Place Diverter). The diverter acts as a trim for the jet, the high roost is just a bonus. if you want to go real high get a rooster booster (also off the internet) it's only a couple hundred more. You could also do some grinding on the pump, but I tend to stay away from stuff like that. Have fun, but don't spray anyone, you could cause some serious hurt, and where I play it comes with a pretty hefty fine.
To Euroski: No matter what anyone says.. its
just cool.

SPECTRABRENT
10-19-2000, 08:04 PM
If you have a split bowl you can install a wedge. But I would get a place diverter every jetboat should have one.

sleek
10-23-2000, 07:20 PM
I DO NOT HAVE A SPLIT BOWL TO USE A WEDGE. WHAT ABOUT A DROOP SNOOT WOULD THAT GIVE ME THE SAME EFFECT, IF NOT WHAT ARE THE BENIFITS OF THE SNOOT????? Originally posted by SPECTRABRENT:
If you have a split bowl you can install a wedge. But I would get a place diverter every jetboat should have one.

SPECTRABRENT
10-24-2000, 09:26 AM
Yes, a droop snoot would help, but you need a split bowl "G" bowl. Look in Hot Boat ads for a new bowl or even a used JG pump.

Squirtcha?
12-04-2000, 02:05 PM
Hey Spectrabrent, didn't someone have a split bowl that they won at the JustJetsRegatta at Parker this past summer? It seemed to me somebody won one and didn't have a use for it.

Jeff
12-05-2000, 05:24 AM
Hey Sleek:
To enhance your ride, definatlly put a Place and a droop snoot on, your hull will really love it. (Read as free it up) As far as rooster hight, a properlly trimed jet should be somewhere between 3-4 ft high. Anything higher is just for show. But everyone loves a monster tail. Check out http://members.nbci.com/suhlenhopp/index.htm my boat is the one in the middle it has a Dominator pump with droop snoot and Place Diverter. The snoot really throu it back for my ride. A good 35-40 ft tall and 200 plus ft long tail. Have a good one!
Jeff