PDA

View Full Version : Just heard about the death of a friend....

rrrr
12-24-2004, 03:57 PM
A heckuva good person lost his life in a Denver traffic accident on Wednesday. Steve always had a smile on his face and would help anyone he could.
He was an electronics repair technician for a worldwide company, and he had flown to Denver to cover for others so they could enjoy Christmas. Steve didn't have any immediate family in Dallas, so that's just the sort of thing he would do.
This has put a damper on my Christmas Eve, but then again I can remember all of the help I got from Steve when I had equipment problems. Sometimes he would interrupt his day and sneak over to a customer's site to help me fix something.
I'll miss him, but I feel better for having known him.
Semper Fi, Steve.

Kachina26
12-24-2004, 04:02 PM
My heart goes out to you, hope the rest of the holidays are better for you :(

bunny 166
12-24-2004, 04:16 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss....he sounded like a great friend. He must have been needed for something very special upstairs.... :frown:

Scream
12-24-2004, 04:29 PM
True friends with true hearts are hard to find and even harder too loose. Take solice in the fact that since he was that type of giving person, he's gone to a wonderful place for all eternity. You'll see him again.
Scream

hoolign
12-24-2004, 04:44 PM
Hey dude...sorry to hear of your loss..I can relate to how your feelin, I lost friends not so long ago..Join me and we'll tip one back for ol buds!. just remember the good times!
Jeff.

Kilrtoy
12-24-2004, 04:55 PM
Wow, sorry to hear that.
everyone please dont drink and drive and watch out for the red light runners, they are out there today in force

JustMVG
12-24-2004, 05:02 PM
Hearts out to you rrrr, he sounded like a great friend. Both his and your Families will be in our prayers tonight.
MVG

Mrs Luvnlife
12-24-2004, 06:49 PM
So sorry!! :frown: Keep your head high...you all are in our thoughts & prayers!!

KACHINA KEN
12-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Geez, there is soo much of this so close to home lately. I took your advice you gave me a couple weeks ago and it did help. I am going to Arlington on Tuesday to visit Darrell's grave and say goodbye. I hope you at least can go to your friends funeral if you want to. You are in my prayers.
Kenny

rrrr
12-28-2004, 10:52 PM
I went to the memorial service today, and the impact this man had on family and friends was easy to see. Although I had never met them before, I spoke to both his parents to let them know what a fine man their son was.
I appreciate the kind words. The "family" we have at Hot Boat has provided me with many friends, good times, laughter, and, of course, sorrow. But we all share them together, and your support means very much to me.
Thank you.

Debbolas
12-28-2004, 11:33 PM
I'm so sorry for your trouble....remember your friend, keep him alive in your thoughts and prayers..........Deb
Wow, sorry to hear that.
everyone please dont drink and drive and watch out for the red light runners, they are out there today in force
That is so true, tonight on the way to dinner, two cars turned left in front of us and our light was clearly green...........is there a delay before they switch?