PDA

View Full Version : Help just got GPS V !!!!!

Sweet Addiction
12-24-2004, 07:18 PM
Hey just got my Garmin GPS V for christmas. I need some info from everyone. Is this going to be a good system for me? I just need basic lake maps and cove markers and that good stuff. I did not want to open the package until I got more info so please write and let me know.
have a Merry Christmas.
Jared

THOR
12-24-2004, 07:32 PM
I have that at work and my Dad wanted one similar. For $100 less, I got him the Etrex by Garmin because it is more compatible with the outdoor scene. It has maps of terrain, coves, trails, etc. But, the GPS V has a tracking capability that the Etrex doesnt. But, for outdoors the Etrex is better. I just got mine after shopping several places, including online, for $240 which included a 2 year warranty from Circuit City. Again the GPS V isnt bad, but we motorcycle ride, camp, and boat so the Etrex I thought was better.

Sweet Addiction
12-24-2004, 07:38 PM
I have that at work and my Dad wanted one similar. For $100 less, I got him the Etrex by Garmin because it is more compatible with the outdoor scene. It has maps of terrain, coves, trails, etc. But, the GPS V has a tracking capability that the Etrex doesnt. But, for outdoors the Etrex is better. I just got mine after shopping several places, including online, for $240 which included a 2 year warranty from Circuit City. Again the GPS V isnt bad, but we motorcycle ride, camp, and boat so the Etrex I thought was better.
Thanks for the input. I think I might go back to where she purchased it and see what the price difference is between the two. Just trying to get ideas about what is going to better suit my needs. Well, that was already explained.
Thanks Jared.

THOR
12-24-2004, 08:33 PM
There are plenty of sites to search, but I have them saved on my work computer, not here. Punch your GPS and Etrex into google or yahoo and do some reading. BTW, the color Etrex is about 100 bucks more. I opted not to do that because we have it in our fanny packs riding, in the boat, etc and there is really no need. But, the color Etrex has the tracking option the GPS V does. Good stuff.
off hand, I remember
www.garmin.com
www.gpsinformation.com
www.gpsdiscount.com
www.gpsnow.com
www.thegpssuperstore.com
hope that helps