PDA

View Full Version : elsinore???

TRG
12-25-2004, 11:20 PM
i know its a bit late to post this, but im going out tomorrow morning for a few and was going to see if anyone else will be out?
if so stop by and say hi!
todd

MarKist
12-27-2004, 06:13 PM
well is there anything you want to tell us Todd ?,like ,..how cold the water was :jawdrop: no! that's a east coast thing.my bad LOL :D :D ok lets hear it :p :D :D J/K go easy Bro :messedup:
Markist

Mrs. Revndave
12-28-2004, 12:21 PM
Todd,
Sorry to hear what happen. :confused: I have been there many times myself. David said things should be ok before no time. ;)
Good luck

Taylorman
12-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Well what happened?

HotHallet
12-29-2004, 04:48 PM
Hey Todd you got a warm beer? That's what you will be saying at Elsinore. You know if my boat was home I'd be joining ya bro!
T

TRG
12-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Hey Todd you got a warm beer? That's what you will be saying at Elsinore. You know if my boat was home I'd be joining ya bro!
T
cant say that i'll ever be goibg back to that shithole! just not what i would call a good luck lake! lol

Danhercules
12-29-2004, 05:56 PM
cant say that i'll ever be goibg back to that shithole! just not what i would call a good luck lake! lol
why do you say that??
I only sunk my boat there once!

moneysucker
12-29-2004, 06:04 PM
Did santa bring Danny a new MSD box? Hope you had agood X-mas dan.

TRG
12-29-2004, 06:19 PM
my boat has sunk there once as well although i did not own it at the time but , i also smoked the entire engine last sunday as well...that is pretty much the reason for my dislike of the lake!

Mrs. Revndave
12-30-2004, 11:47 AM
Hey Todd,
Just leave your boat at home and come out with me and David. I can't say we would have any better luck, but i know we will have a whole lot of fun! :wink:

flat broke
12-30-2004, 11:52 AM
my boat has sunk there once as well although i did not own it at the time but , i also smoked the entire engine last sunday as well...that is pretty much the reason for my dislike of the lake!
Sorry to hear that Todd. I hope that you're able to salvage most of the hard parts and resurect her to be bigger and better. If you don't mind sharing/elaborating, what happened? If there is a bright side (and I've had my share of f'd motors, so I can say this), its that at least it happened early enough in the year that getting it back together for summer wont put you in a rush and compounded cash crunch. Always easier to recover when you have more time to pay for things.
Good luck,
Chris

Taylorman
12-30-2004, 11:09 PM
What happened to the motor?

TRG
12-30-2004, 11:18 PM
the motor was a bit too tight!...and dont really want to get into it! it was my fault and now im paying for it!! :220v: but the new block and crank should be at tom's shop and ready to assemble within two weeks. im gonna stick to fiberglass and let the motor shit go to the people who know just what the hell they are doing!
i guess i wanted to say that i did everything to my boat myself, but in the end it was not the brightest thing i could have done! lol
P.S. 04' pretty much licked my sack!...now im just hopeing for a smoother year this time around! lol
todd

Squirtin Thunder
12-31-2004, 12:00 AM
Todd,
Thanks for all your help !!! It may have been your falf kind of but you should look at the bright side !!! It ran and ran very good. You should be proud of the way it ran being you put it together. Now the machinist is who I blame and you didn't know any better. I have blown two engines my self and learned from them. It is no biggy really. Just chalk it up as a learning deal. Thanks bro. Send me thew info on your truck so we can get it taken careof.
Thank you
Jim

v-drive
12-31-2004, 10:02 AM
the motor was a bit too tight!...and dont really want to get into it! it was my fault and now im paying for it!! :220v: but the new block and crank should be at tom's shop and ready to assemble within two weeks. im gonna stick to fiberglass and let the motor shit go to the people who know just what the hell they are doing!
i guess i wanted to say that i did everything to my boat myself, but in the end it was not the brightest thing i could have done! lol
P.S. 04' pretty much licked my sack!...now im just hopeing for a smoother year this time around! lol
todd
That can happen to anyone and I can't blame you for being bumned. I was lucky, my father in law and I second(spelling) guessed each other until it was in the water and back out again. Now the fibreglass stuff is a mistery.... :D v-drive

TRG
12-31-2004, 12:43 PM
appreciate the moral support guys! im sure the numbness will wear as soon as i can get wet,....again! :)
i'll post the progress!
todd

Cs19
12-31-2004, 06:09 PM
Todd,
the machinist is who I blame ....Jim
Well the machinist and or manufacturer may have not hit their target dimension or whatever exactly, but the lesson to be learned is to check everything,and if your not 1000% confident its perfect, either check it again till you are sure, or leave it to a pro..
Not ripping on Todds efforts here, Todds a good guy and i wouldnt do that,and he knows that, just saying that you cannot blame the machinist. If something wasnt right, it should be caught before assembly.

Squirtin Thunder
12-31-2004, 06:23 PM
:crossx: