PDA

View Full Version : water in motor

Brendella
07-17-2001, 11:51 PM
Hey Jet boaters, have a problem I blew some valves had the heads redone. when I reassembled the motor it filled back up with water on my first run out. I notice the bollts on the intake were loose. I torque everything to specs, so I thought. Could someone give me the torque settings on everything from the heads to the intake, and where and which kind of thread sealant/gasket i should use.
My boat is a 77 Brendella jet(aggressor) with a 460 and weaind tunnel ram, running dual 750 hollies.

Leon
07-18-2001, 11:34 AM
That is right where she is leaking at the water jacket in the corner of the manifold and it is all blowing down into the valley. try Fel-Pro or someones website for torque tables or just punch in torque table in a search engin and you will probably find what you need.

mister460
07-18-2001, 11:48 AM
Torque for the intake is not much. Like 25 lb/ft or something. Make sure you tighten the bolts in the center that pull the intake straight down first. Also, remember to use RTV around the water passages. Don't use it anywhere else though or it might not tighten down correctly. You don't need any sealant on the bolts cause none of them go into water. Hope this helps.

Brendella
07-18-2001, 11:16 PM
thanks guys for the input I will give it one more try before I resort in taking the whole thing back into a shop.
p.s. i had the heads doone at JMS (Johnsons machine service) in monrovia. are they know for good work. they offered to do the install for less than 2 bills . but i like to get personal with my ride.
thanks again guys for the replies.