PDA

View Full Version : re-doing the floor

flattie
12-26-2004, 03:45 PM
Well the floor de-laminated on me on the drivers side due to the Mahogany venire getting wet from water coming in around the fuel tank brakets.Then I think it froze over the winter last year and popped the fiberlass away from the wood. So this morning I cut the loose fiberglass out down to the wood. Now Im waiting for the wood to get good and dry before re-epoxing the new floor. What do you guys use on your hardware were bolts go through the boat? Silicone? Just wandering what everone uses. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/709DSC02720.JPG

sanger rat
12-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Whats with the dollar bills on the floor?

Fiat48
12-26-2004, 06:04 PM
Cause boats like money.

GofastRacer
12-26-2004, 07:33 PM
Cause boats like money.
Yeah no shit!..LOL... :D :D

GofastRacer
12-26-2004, 07:40 PM
Well the floor de-laminated on me on the drivers side due to the Mahogany venire getting wet from water coming in around the fuel tank brakets.Then I think it froze over the winter last year and popped the fiberlass away from the wood. So this morning I cut the loose fiberglass out down to the wood. Now Im waiting for the wood to get good and dry before re-epoxing the new floor. What do you guys use on your hardware were bolts go through the boat? Silicone? Just wandering what everone uses.
I use Permatex 2 because it's imprevious to gas and oil and it's not as soft as silicone but it is still non hardening!..

wsuwrhr
12-26-2004, 08:33 PM
Whats with the dollar bills on the floor?
Looks like two-dollar bills to me.
Brian

flattie
12-27-2004, 01:34 AM
There is $37 dollars laminated in the pass floor & its all real. probally finish on the drivers side also. its a nice conversational piece