PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst Xmas Gifts

Lightning
12-27-2004, 11:59 AM
I'm not a big present person, meaning I don't ever expect to get gifts from people. I pretty much only buy for niece's and kids in the family, etc... Maybe a small gift basket for parents, just to let them know I care about them.
My lady and I even decided to pass on the gifts this year, instead we went to a nice dinner at Ruth Chris last night - just the two of us, a nice bottle of cabernet and a window seat overlooking the water. It was a nice way to end a hectic week. We are the only ones in the family with no kids and parents live out of town - so we always end up driving to everyone's homes. We started off on Christmas Eve going with her sister and sister's husband to a friend of their's home in DelMar. Left that party, drove to Temecula and spent the night at their home. Went to her brothers house during the day in Winchester and then stopped off in Bonsal on the way home and visited with her mother. On Sunday I picked up my niece (my brother lives out of town and niece lives with mom locally) and spent the day with her. Brought her home and then went to Ruth Chris.
Anyhow, what was the best and worst gift? I did not get a worst gift, the best gift was spending last night with just me and my lady, relaxing, eating good food, drinking good wine, ......and....well you know.....

BarryMac
12-27-2004, 12:07 PM
I'm with ya on the gift thing, I really don't like gifts for me for on Christmas, I usually take care of the Wife and Kids, the best gift for me is the surprise on the wifes face when she sees what her prize is, the kids their happy when there lists are complete, Santa usually brings them all that they want, plus some...
The worst gift was being with the wifes family for the better part of the day, too much drama for me, I wanna relax and not have to worry about who said what about who, especially on Christmas Day...

NashvilleBound
12-27-2004, 12:11 PM
I'm not a big present person, meaning I don't ever expect to get gifts from people. I pretty much only buy for niece's and kids in the family, etc... Maybe a small gift basket for parents, just to let them know I care about them.
My lady and I even decided to pass on the gifts this year, instead we went to a nice dinner at Ruth Chris last night - just the two of us, a nice bottle of cabernet and a window seat overlooking the water. It was a nice way to end a hectic week. We are the only ones in the family with no kids and parents live out of town - so we always end up driving to everyone's homes. We started off on Christmas Eve going with her sister and sister's husband to a friend of their's home in DelMar. Left that party, drove to Temecula and spent the night at their home. Went to her brothers house during the day in Winchester and then stopped off in Bonsal on the way home and visited with her mother. On Sunday I picked up my niece (my brother lives out of town and niece lives with mom locally) and spent the day with her. Brought her home and then went to Ruth Chris.
Anyhow, what was the best and worst gift? I did not get a worst gift, the best gift was spending last night with just me and my lady, relaxing, eating good food, drinking good wine, ......and....well you know.....
Lightning....Sounds like a real nice time...but I dont get the last line "....and...well you know..." can you explain? Stick figures?

LVJAKAZ
12-27-2004, 12:13 PM
The best gift for me was having my whole family at my house for most of the day and dinner. :) My sister has four kids and we had a blast, my mom drank too much wine and was so funny. :) :)

Lightning
12-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Lightning....Sounds like a real nice time...but I dont get the last line "....and...well you know..." can you explain? Stick figures?
I could explain, but I prefer not to share those details ;)

NashvilleBound
12-27-2004, 12:17 PM
I could explain, but I prefer not to share those details ;)
Understood.....just messing with you.... :rolleyes:

MsDrmr
12-27-2004, 12:29 PM
my big one was running boards for my truck.

Lightning
12-27-2004, 12:32 PM
Understood.....just messing with you.... :rolleyes:
I know.... when are you coming back out to San Diego. There is a certain boat that you need to look at. I saw it and helped take some photos the other day....absolutely incredible.

RiverDave
12-27-2004, 12:47 PM
I got a 44 Dessert Eagle Air Soft gun, painted flat black... :D I'm not sure why they call it air soft becuase there ain't nothing soft about the way this thing shoots.. :D Everyones going to have welts on there asses next time I start drinking at the river. :D :D
Got a pair of Perry Ellis sweats that I'm not sure I'm ever going to take off.. Got a drink carrousel dealio. Holds 5 bottles of liquor upsdie down and dispenses exactly one shot at the touch of a button. Bunch of sweatshirts, and clothes, some cologne.. Some "other" stuff. :D I'd say my chick did me pretty right as far as Christmas goes. ;) :D
RD <--- pretty stoked

Lightning
12-27-2004, 12:52 PM
I got a 44 Dessert Eagle Air Soft gun, painted flat black... :D I'm not sure why they call it air soft becuase there ain't nothing soft about the way this thing shoots.. :D Everyones going to have welts on there asses next time I start drinking at the river. :D :D
Got a pair of Perry Ellis sweats that I'm not sure I'm ever going to take off.. Got a drink carrousel dealio. Holds 5 bottles of liquor upsdie down and dispenses exactly one shot at the touch of a button. Bunch of sweatshirts, and clothes, some cologne.. Some "other" stuff. :D I'd say my chick did me pretty right as far as Christmas goes. ;) :D
RD <--- pretty stoked
you must be pretty happy, :D

Jbb
12-27-2004, 12:58 PM
RD <--- pretty stoked
:D I cant do it..... :cry: .....I just cant pull the trigger today..... :rollside:

Tom Brown
12-27-2004, 01:12 PM
I thought you were going to give Dave a smoking jacket for Christmas, Brian?

Jbb
12-27-2004, 01:14 PM
I was..... then he announced this health kick he is on......So I sent it to you.....mail must be slow.... :D

NashvilleBound
12-27-2004, 01:25 PM
I know.... when are you coming back out to San Diego. There is a certain boat that you need to look at. I saw it and helped take some photos the other day....absolutely incredible.
I was out all week last week and put 2000 miles on the rental car. Havasu to LA to Nat City back and forth.....the field is narrowing considerably! What do you have in mind to see? I will be back out the first part of Feb to see the trident hit the water.

Lightning
12-27-2004, 01:48 PM
I was out all week last week and put 2000 miles on the rental car. Havasu to LA to Nat City back and forth.....the field is narrowing considerably! What do you have in mind to see? I will be back out the first part of Feb to see the trident hit the water.
The Trident.

ROZ
12-27-2004, 01:49 PM
RD, where did your lady find the drink dispenser? I need one :D

NashvilleBound
12-27-2004, 02:00 PM
The Trident.
Exactly. I saw them put the two halves together...that thing is beautiful. Obvioulsy you saw it too if you took some pictures.

Mrs. casean
12-27-2004, 02:03 PM
Those are so cool!I saw that in the mall in Temecula at a place called Kirklands.

riverbound
12-27-2004, 02:08 PM
I've seen them at Spencers in the mall.
My Christmas was pretty good all around got Tivo form my mom. got my UGG slippers (I dont think they will ever come off) And my bro and my best friend both got me a shot glass checker board, One for the river and one for Home. And best of all I got to spend two days with the people I love.

Hallett19
12-27-2004, 02:10 PM
I have a lightly used one I could wrap up and give him..... :wink:
Typically, crumby presents are those you know someone just got you because it was on sale and they needed to get you something. Good presents are those that you have been wanting all year and couldnt afford or something that means alot to you....
As for me, I got a frickin' Xbox with Halo 2 and an iPod mini and I'm happier than a pig rolling in SHIT !!!! I got the iTrip for the iPod.... there went my need for a cd changer for the boat.... F YEAH !!!!!

RiverDave
12-28-2004, 12:32 PM
I'm pretty sure she got it at Bed Bath and Beyond.. It's a stainless jobby.. I'll bring it to work with me so you can cruise by and check it out to make sure it's the one you want. :) Some of my neighbors have them in the keys, and they are pretty sweet fo shizzle. ;)
RD

RiverDave
12-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Yep, I jsut talked to her.. She said Bed bath and beyond. They make two of them, a 6 bottle jobby, and a 4 bottle one.
RD <--- got the 6 shooter of course. ;)