PDA

View Full Version : Boatfest 2005

borderlinecrazy
12-27-2004, 05:22 PM
The Liquid Hot Rods Boat Club of Del Rio, Texas will be holding the 8th annual BOATFEST 2005 at beautiful Lake Amistad over the 4th of July weekend this coming year. We have been holding our event over the Memorial Day weekend in the past, but have decided to move it to later in the year for better weather and some people have said it just wasn't hot enough. We have great plans for our event and look forward to all of our Jett'in friends to come and support our event. We will keep everyone posted and send out info as we get it or as it is requested. Let's all look forward to warm weather and rooster tails.
Borderlinecrazy

460rogers
12-31-2004, 09:08 PM
Wow mapQuest says 7 hours thats doable.
Keep us posted.I hope to make a few events this year.

OldFaithful Squirter
01-04-2005, 03:33 PM
Boat Fest 2005
formally known as mousefest on Lake Amistad in Del Rio Texas, This is another fine event that will be attend by the Jet Fest Group and the Meeting in the Middle Group! Lake Amistad is the finest lake I have ever been on just this last October made a trip out there to hang out and got to go for a 32 mile boat ride up the lake from Diablo East almost to the Pecos River entrance. You will be totally amazed at the beauty this lake now has since it is almost completely full! Anyone whom has never been will be really happy they decide to make the road trip out there. This yet set for Fourth of July Weekend to see if we can get the best water conditions for those 32 mile boat rides again! I am looking forward to it so OldFaithful Squirter is asking everyone whom attends Jet Fest to also make it out to Boat Fest 2005 - you will be impressed!!!
since we have changed dates out at Del Rio- what do you all say to meeting in the Middle at Lake Medina on Memorial Weekend? Are you all up to it let me know - shout me an email and lets talk it up!!!

OldFaithful Squirter
01-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Here's a couple of shots from Last years Boat Fest- which was formerly known as MouseFest- Liquid Hot Rods Boat Rally
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/913Show_and_Shine.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/913Steves_Warhawk_side_view.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/913Show_and_Shine_Winner_Texas_Red_Katy_Trophy.jpg
So we need everyone to come on to this year rally to make this Boat Fest 2005 a bigger blow out than ever!! See ya'll there!

Devilman
01-13-2005, 07:07 AM
Does anybody have any info. on lodging there at Amistad for Boatfest? (Like cabins or something)I'm really interested in trying to make the trip, but was kinda thinking about just staying there somewhere close or right there where the action is. That way we're just hauling a$$ over there with the boat instead of taking 2 vehicles to get the camper over there too. Just a thought...

OldFaithful Squirter
01-13-2005, 07:40 AM
There is a lodge close to the boat ramp called Amistad Lodge? It is close to the both boat ramps that we use Diablo East and the Dam boat ramp? Best bet is to stay in Touch with Borderline Crazy for the places to stay and the events for the weekend! You can call email him directly for more contact info!!

Devilman
01-13-2005, 07:56 AM
Sure thing!! I really wanna get out there, you know what I mean? See what it's like. All the pics I've seen here, everybody is smiling their a$$es off, enjoying family, friends, loud boats, warm weather, and cold beer!!! I gots to get in on dat :D :D I've got a lake 8 miles from the house but a change of pace is nice. Besides there are only 2 other jets that I've even seen here. Like they say gimme more, gimme more!

cookieman
01-13-2005, 08:19 PM
The best thing about Boatfest is in the evening after a day on the lake , we can go to Mexico and listen to Steve (borderlinecrazy1or2) play the drums. I really didn't know he was so talented. We had a great time there last year even with the 107 deg temp that day. Oh yea that 32 mile up the river you better have enough gas. The lake is beautiful with different shades of blue. Del Rio has plenty of places to stay as Far as motel goes. I would ask Kelly or Steve to see if they have a pic of the boat ramp. you drive doen the ramp and turn around to back your boat in. The ramp is the longest, steppest and wide ramp you will ever see. The water is so clear and pretty blue. Check out my new personal web page. http://www.webspawner.com/users/texas***boats/index.html TTUL Bill "cookieman"

borderlinecrazy
01-19-2005, 05:54 PM
Check out the Del Rio Chamber of Commerce website for any info you may need about anything in Del Rio. Lake Amistad is a Federal lake so there are no "on the lake" motels, but an 8 mile trip from town is not bad at all.
Liquid Hot Rods will be offering long boat runs up the Devils, Rio Grande and Pecos rivers this year to those of us who enjoy running our boats on the water. We have a huge, beautiful lake and we want to show it off. Stay tuned for more info as the time grows nearer.
Borderlinecrazy :cool:

OldFaithful Squirter
01-21-2005, 08:25 AM
As you can see from the bridge behind us that the lake just a few months ago was still a little low, now that sucker is about full. Check out the glass water conditions as well! You will love this lake, I guarantee it!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/913Kelly_Bob_and_Lee_on_weekend_at_Amistad2.JPG