PDA

View Full Version : Mudpumper is going down

franky
12-27-2004, 05:45 PM
Mudpumper,
Sent the whole pump to MPD for Jack to do the magic, had an aluminum C (no wonder) goin SS A/B prepped plus the magic dust. Oh yeah, what I said in the title.
Regards and Happy Holidays

Cs19
12-27-2004, 06:44 PM
Better step it up mudpumper.. :supp:

franky
12-27-2004, 07:41 PM
lol

Cs19
12-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Whats up with the motor Franky? How much power and at what RPM?
Wondering if I need to step it up or not.

flat broke
12-28-2004, 02:10 AM
Whats up with the motor Franky? How much power and at what RPM?
Wondering if I need to step it up or not.
Chris,
I think you're safe for a little while;) But he's close to us in HP, just hitting his number a little higher in the Rs than you or me.
Frank,
Glad to hear you got the pump shipped down to Jack. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the results. At the very least, you should be able to take down more 18' semi V boats... just watch out for that yellow and rootbeer Hallet 19. :D
Talk to you later,
Chris

franky
12-28-2004, 05:57 AM
Motor is almost done, just gotta figure out what oil pan I want then on to the dyno. Cam is a little different, custom Comp grind, changes firing order, more even temps and better idle. We will see in a couple weeks. Still trying to decide on three valve cover vents or a puke tank.
Bottom line is pump will be tits, engine should run hard, but that doesn't do any good unless I strengthen the connection between my huevos with my right foot.
Reallty not lookin to rule the world, just want a strong reliable runner. I know the boat wants to run, just needed some help.
Flatbroke, do you do the Ming thing?

flat broke
12-28-2004, 10:49 AM
Flatbroke, do you do the Ming thing?
HA :D I told ya I run a VERY heavy cruiser. I had joked about running at Ming, but my ET would suck ass. Honestly if Hustler would get his motor done and in the boat, throw up some ballpark numbers, and I could ever get time to do the rest of the testing on my rig before having the new impeller finished up, I'd go just to run against him for fun. Seeing 2 cruisers on the rope would be funny, and at least I wouldn't feel so bad if I lost to a guy who'll probably dyno out with well over 200 more HP than me ;)
When I mentioned that your HP wold be similar to CS19's and mine, its because we have similar motors. Definitely not similar boats :)
Keep us updated once you get that motor on the dyno and the pump back in the boat.
Chris

Taylorman
12-28-2004, 10:58 AM
So what kind of hp does CS19 and your motors make?

flat broke
12-28-2004, 01:37 PM
Taylorman,
Do a search on "Dyno" posted by either me or CS and I'm sure you can find that info. Everytime its posted, you find guys talking smack about this builder, that dyno, and generaly berating anyone who opts to spend some money on their boat. I've seen too much of it, and don't feel like bringing the trolls out again.
Flat 800+ Broke ;)

DEL51
12-28-2004, 06:07 PM
Of The guys that questioned the horsepower numbers. Most were honest in their opinion. A few used it as ammo to argue, or continue previous arguments.I met your engine guru. If his engines reflect his persona, there is no doubt, you are making good power.

Hustler
12-28-2004, 07:04 PM
HA :D I told ya I run a VERY heavy cruiser. I had joked about running at Ming, but my ET would suck ass. Honestly if Hustler would get his motor done and in the boat, throw up some ballpark numbers, and I could ever get time to do the rest of the testing on my rig before having the new impeller finished up, I'd go just to run against him for fun. Seeing 2 cruisers on the rope would be funny, and at least I wouldn't feel so bad if I lost to a guy who'll probably dyno out with well over 200 more HP than me ;)
When I mentioned that your HP wold be similar to CS19's and mine, its because we have similar motors. Definitely not similar boats :)
Keep us updated once you get that motor on the dyno and the pump back in the boat.
Chris
I'm LMAO right now :idea: 200+ more? maybe a 100 but not 200 and dont forget I have a shitty pump with a little bit of that magic dust I scraped off his floor :D Honestly I would love to run the Hustler at Ming but I'm not sure I could hold that pig on the rope by myself. Can we have passengers?

Cs19
12-28-2004, 07:15 PM
Chris,
I think you're safe for a little while;)
I think im safe for a long time. :D
Im not worried..Hes got his work cut out for him..Set up is the hard part.
Hes gotta cover mudpumper first.

franky
12-28-2004, 07:34 PM
Confusious say: Overconfident man will take a beating faster than he can say "sh*t, that ride sure is set up right"?

Cs19
12-28-2004, 08:41 PM
:d

franky
12-28-2004, 08:50 PM
Hey man you forget, I live 5 minutes from the lake, have all kinds of time on my hands and a complete machine shop. Should have no trouble dialing it in this winter/spring.
Did I tell you that the way that the picture of your boat is kinda blurry, makes it look fast. :D

MudPumper
12-28-2004, 10:43 PM
Too funny Franky. I'm suprised it took you this long to send that pump to Jack. Just make sure CS19 doesn't do any of the work on it and you'll be fine. :wink: Well, I'll run you again but can guarantee you'll win this time. :D I'm still only running 500hp in the barge.

flat broke
12-29-2004, 12:49 AM
I'm LMAO right now :idea: 200+ more? maybe a 100 but not 200 and dont forget I have a shitty pump with a little bit of that magic dust I scraped off his floor :D Honestly I would love to run the Hustler at Ming but I'm not sure I could hold that pig on the rope by myself. Can we have passengers?
Joe, you have to be looking at getting more than 100 over Chris or myself. Blower, more CI, good heads, progessive setup on the bumpstick... Either way, I haven't seen or heard from you in a while on the boards, so I hope you and Candi had a Merry Christmas. We'll have to setup a Pismo or Glamis trip so we can BS about motors, big heavy boats, and all that other important stuff :) Last time I was down at Dave's (little over a month ago now) it sounded like you were getting close to final assembly. When's that bad boy going on the Dyno?
I'm gonna have to upgrade my stereo though if we're gonna line up at Ming ;) As far as holding her still on the rope, thats easy, just dont start her and hope the wind is mellow :D
Talk to you later,
Chris