PDA

View Full Version : whats your kind of music

MsDrmr
12-27-2004, 07:19 PM
I was riding in my truck with the mr the other day and had a disk in there that I made, it took a while for him point out that my taste in music is so vast. I love old/new country, some rap, reggae(sp), soft rock, classic rock, classical, some hard rock and some musical pieces.
What type of music do you prefer or is it a range of stuff

Racer277
12-27-2004, 07:20 PM
I love old/new country, some rap, reggae(sp), soft rock, classic rock, classical, some hard rock and some musical pieces.
So what does that leave?
:D :D

Stupid Fast
12-27-2004, 07:20 PM
I was riding in my truck with the mr the other day and had a disk in there that I made, it took a while for him point out that my taste in music is so vast. I love old/new country, some rap, reggae(sp), soft rock, classic rock, classical, some hard rock and some musical pieces.
Yep.......All of those pluss "Hang on Sloopy"

MsDrmr
12-27-2004, 07:24 PM
So what does that leave?
:D :D
I suppose not much, just wondering if people only have one or two styles they listen too, I think it's rare for someone to like so many types of music, I know most people only like one type of music. Just curious to see what peoples' taste is

shueman
12-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Check out Robert Randolph and the Family Band. They flat out KICK A$$ ROCK IT...!!!

Havasu Hangin'
12-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Great boating tunes?
The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
:D

Racer277
12-27-2004, 07:30 PM
I'm just teazin ya. :D :D
I seem to like any type of fast music much more than slow.
The type doesn't come into it as much.
There's a lot of hard rock stuff that's slow (think Monster Ballads) that I can't stand. I do like the fast country, rock, punk, rap, etc.
So I'm as bad as you, just teazin, that's all.

Ziggy
12-27-2004, 07:31 PM
Most Reggae.....and alot of 80's stuff..

Kilrtoy
12-27-2004, 07:36 PM
Country

MsDrmr
12-27-2004, 07:37 PM
Racer277 & ziggy
your both the bomb, love the 80's shit, and love fast music most of the time.
You can mess with me anytime. :wink:

v-drive
12-27-2004, 07:39 PM
Country and old rock&roll :cool: v-drive

redneckgirl
12-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Country
Somehow that surprises me that that is your favorite!!! I would think you would be into alot of different kinds!!!
For me my favorite is Country and a little Classic Rock!!!!! :rollside:
RNG

Stupid Fast
12-27-2004, 07:49 PM
What is that son with I think its Nelly and Tim Magraw? It actually good....good lyirics too....

BADBLOWN572
12-27-2004, 07:54 PM
I listen to most stuff. Predominantly Punk and Country (Go Figure). I do listen to everthing other than R&B! Hate that shit! I love old school rap, hard rock (Metallica, AC/DC, Linkin Park, etc.) Some classic rock, as long as it is not a ballad. Too wide of a variety to really narrow it down. I could probably pick the types of music I don't listen to easier than what I do listen to.

Kilrtoy
12-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Somehow that surprises me that that is your favorite!!! I would think you would be into alot of different kinds!!!
For me my favorite is Country and a little Classic Rock!!!!! :rollside:
RNG
I never get to play it in the boat, Everyone wants to beat me up...
itry to explain B&D Mcgraw, Toby and most of all Garth has some serious bass. But i always have to play the hip hop....
Now Driving to the river the wife gives in and sleeps while I play it....

BADBLOWN572
12-27-2004, 07:57 PM
itry to explain B&D Mcgraw, Toby and most of all Garth has some serious bass. But i always have to play the hip hop....
Now Driving to the river the wife gives in and sleeps while I play it....
Same with me. If I put country on in the boat a lot of the passengers say "Turn that shit off." Sometimes I do and some times I say F'em! The girls really don't like it too much because they want to shake their asses and country is not the best to do that.

Kilrtoy
12-27-2004, 08:00 PM
Same with me. If I put country on in the boat a lot of the passengers say "Turn that shit off." Sometimes I do and some times I say F'em! The girls really don't like it too much because they want to shake their asses and country is not the best to do that.
The asses dont shake and the tops dont get lost, so that is why Country isnt played. But i need to start hangung in some kicker bars and find some of those Justin wearing girls....

Racer277
12-27-2004, 08:00 PM
I don't really like Hip Hop, but it does make the chicks shake.
And I gotta like that!
:D :D :D

BarryMac
12-27-2004, 08:02 PM
Anything but, Country, Western and Rap, cuz Rap is Crap...

MsDrmr
12-27-2004, 08:04 PM
Anything but, Country, Western and Rap, cuz Rap is Crap...
hey now, watch it, some rap is pretty cool, and western is the bomb, and with the above statement, what do you listen too?
how are you feeling this eve?

hoolign
12-27-2004, 08:05 PM
Metal..always been..always will be.

NOTALENT
12-27-2004, 08:05 PM
Melodic Hardcore, Punk, Emo, Screamo, Alternative, reggae, Classic Rock..well shit I love everything.!! :220v:

BarryMac
12-27-2004, 08:06 PM
hey now, watch it, some rap is pretty cool, and western is the bomb, and with the above statement, what do you listen too?
how are you feeling this eve?
horrible, the family just left, time too finally wind down...
BTW, Country pisses me off, Rap makes me wanna kill someone...

Ziggy
12-27-2004, 08:08 PM
horrible, the family just left, time too finally wind down...
BTW, Country pisses me off, Rap makes me wanna kill someone...
Your blood sugar must be low Barry---that music ROcks!!!

MsDrmr
12-27-2004, 08:10 PM
thanks Zig, you took the words right outta my mouth,,have to give him some slack though, he isn't feeling well today.

Ziggy
12-27-2004, 08:10 PM
Ok I was joking :D :D :D :D
Old country sucks, newer crossover country is ok, fine.
Most RAP I can not take much of, but there are a few that I actually enjoy.

BarryMac
12-27-2004, 08:11 PM
Come on Zig, can't see you runnin down Hill Street in the 745 with the Rap pumpin or cruisin thru Leucadia cryin to the Country in the X5...

Ziggy
12-27-2004, 08:12 PM
Come on Zig, can't see you runnin down Hill Street in the 745 with the Rap pumpin or cruisin thru Leucadia cryin to the Country in the X5...
Better read post #26 :D :D

mbrown2
12-27-2004, 08:12 PM
F the passengers, I am always rocking a little Cash, Orange Blossom Special, Waylon, George Jones, and Willie...
Kilr, maybe on your next boat, you can have them install some horns up front... :rollside:

MsDrmr
12-27-2004, 08:13 PM
thats not what he said, one two or three, maybe four rap songs are okay, and yes when those songs come on, I've got the truck bouncin. I can see Zig having a blast with that, I think Zig and I have a lot in common.....just accept it GJB it's okay that your different :) We like you anyway :p

mbrown2
12-27-2004, 08:13 PM
As for which music I like: Punk, Rock, Pop, Country, R&B, Hip Hop....I like it all...

Kilrtoy
12-27-2004, 08:15 PM
F the passengers, I am always rocking a little Cash, Orange Blossom Special, Waylon, George Jones, and Willie...
Kilr, maybe on your next boat, you can have them install some horns up front... :rollside:
Now that would be awesome and i could paint THE BULL STOPS HERE.......
I love that idea, Now the wife might trade me in on that one......

mike37
12-27-2004, 08:15 PM
I like just about all type of music
but not all of any one type

BarryMac
12-27-2004, 08:16 PM
thats not what he said, one two or three, maybe four rap songs are okay, and yes when those songs come on, I've got the truck bouncin. I can see Zig having a blast with that, I think Zig and I have a lot in common.....just accept it GJB it's okay that your different :) We like you anyway :p
That's cool, guess I'm lucky that my friends don't judge me by my music...
Zig, ever listen to 91X here in town? That's my kinda music, old punk, new wave, guess I'm a gen x'er of sorts...
mrsdrmr, check 'em out at 91X.com, they have live streaming, thats some good shit right there...

BarryMac
12-27-2004, 08:17 PM
gotcha buddy, you beat me to the posting... :D :D

MsDrmr
12-27-2004, 08:18 PM
Zig, ever listen to 91X here in town? That's my kinda music, old punk, new wave, guess I'm a gen x'er of sorts...
mrsdrmr, check 'em out at 91X.com, they have live streaming, thats some good shit right there...
I'll do that, and by the way, when do I get that ride in your boat???

BarryMac
12-27-2004, 08:19 PM
I'll do that, and by the way, when do I get that ride in your boat???
OP6???

BADBLOWN572
12-27-2004, 08:22 PM
But i need to start hangung in some kicker bars and find some of those Justin wearing girls....
Come to Montana's with us one of these times. Tallent for days. :D ;) :)

Ziggy
12-27-2004, 08:28 PM
Burned out on 91x quite some time ago---94.9 has got it going on...try it you'll see what I'm talking about...they're online too but forgot the site addy for certain. With Mike Halorin(sp?) as production manager it has the 91x sound from 1984....back when KROQ(Pasadena) was still kickin ass.

FMluvswater
12-27-2004, 08:32 PM
I like just about all type of music
but not all of any one type
I'm most similar to mrsdrmr, Badblown572 and hoolign but mike37 you summed it all up best. That's just the perfect description of the music I enjoy listening to. :cool:
I don't care what's cool or not cool either - if it suits my mood I'm gonna listen to it. :)

BarryMac
12-27-2004, 08:34 PM
Burned out on 91x quite some time ago---94.9 has got it going on...try it you'll see what I'm talking about...they're online too but forgot the site addy for certain. With Mike Halorin(sp?) as production manager it has the 91x sound from 1984....back when KROQ(Pasadena) was still kickin ass.
I like 94.9 also, Halorin is Old School x'er, I listen from time to time but some of their stuff is a little off the wall...

MsDrmr
12-27-2004, 08:40 PM
I'm most similar to mrsdrmr, Badblown572 and hoolign but mike37 you summed it all up best. That's just the perfect description of the music I enjoy listening to. :cool:
I don't care what's cool or not cool either - if it suits my mood I'm gonna listen to it. :)
my son has sure taken after me as well, he loves a bit of everything

Kilrtoy
12-27-2004, 08:44 PM
Come to Montana's with us one of these times. Tallent for days. :D ;) :)
Havent been there in years, Love that place and yes the talent is nice......

MsDrmr
12-27-2004, 08:46 PM
OP6???
possibly?

HOOTER SLED-
12-27-2004, 08:55 PM
Anything but country. Just can't get into it. Heavier rock is my preference though.

plaster dave
12-27-2004, 08:59 PM
mine is the same. :D

SHOTKALLIN
12-27-2004, 09:09 PM
old school, rap, classic rock, good country, reggae, rock, some 80's. I guess I can handle most tunes. I can't stand ranchero musica though. thats where i draw the line

Some Kind Of Monster
12-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Anything from classic rock to metal. I can stand country but I hate rap. Anything with a guitar!

Big_Gunz_
12-27-2004, 09:27 PM
old school, rap, classic rock, good country, reggae, rock, some 80's. I guess I can handle most tunes. I can't stand ranchero musica though. thats where i draw the line
Ditto on this, listen to almost everything, but won't listen to ranchero musica. If I can't turn it off, I'll walk away.

Sleek-Jet
12-27-2004, 09:31 PM
Great boating tunes?
The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
Anybody want to take a cuise on Getche-Gumee (I have no idea how to spell that...) ??

SHOTKALLIN
12-27-2004, 09:31 PM
I hate it when its played at my favorite mexican restraunt. I love to watch Caliente on the mex channel but I turn the sound off. that is the best hour on television.

bfab33
12-27-2004, 09:51 PM
James Brown

bfab33
12-27-2004, 09:53 PM
Also, when it's warm and the waters like glass. with the perfect buzz. at the river during sunset, Pink floyd.

Racer277
12-27-2004, 09:57 PM
Ditto on this, listen to almost everything, but won't listen to ranchero musica. If I can't turn it off, I'll walk away.
So is that the Oompah music (you know oompah, oompah)?
Where do mexicans get a Tuba anyway?
I do like a good spanish guitar. No idea what type of music that would be, just enjoy listening to a single fast mex guitar (reminds me of long afternoons in baja-many years ago).

Phat Matt
12-27-2004, 10:21 PM
House music! Then the alternative and retro electro 80's stuff.

Debbolas
12-27-2004, 10:28 PM
Phatt Matt's House Music!!!! :D :D

Phat Matt
12-27-2004, 10:48 PM
Phatt Matt's House Music!!!! :D :D
http://www.hamsterdance.com/images/anin.gifhttp://www.hamsterdance.com/images/gerbil.gifhttp://www.hamsterdance.com/images/hamwalk.gifhttp://www.hamsterdance.com/images/anin-c.gif
:D It just makes you want to dance. :D

Debbolas
12-27-2004, 10:53 PM
LMAO!!!! :D