PDA

View Full Version : Working in the rain sucks!!!

djunkie
12-29-2004, 03:20 AM
Luckily I was in a truck tonight. It poored like mad. Sorry about the pic quality, it was from my camera phone.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1768CID_12-29-04_0118.jpg

HammerDown
12-29-2004, 05:54 AM
All due respects, try working in the rain at 2am in the freezing cold (out here East)...now that sucks!

JetBoatRich
12-29-2004, 05:57 AM
We sent most of the crews home the last couple days :sqeyes: I have a 325 commute in a couple hours :messedup: looks like rain in front of me :(

shadow
12-29-2004, 06:00 AM
Luckily I was in a truck tonight. It poored like mad. Sorry about the pic quality, it was from my camera phone.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1768CID_12-29-04_0118.jpg
djunkie,do you work at the docks in LB? Longshoreman by chance? Picture kinda looks like it.

RiverOtter
12-29-2004, 06:39 AM
I heard y'all had 60 mph winds :2purples: That's almost what we call a hurricane.

djunkie
12-29-2004, 11:24 AM
djunkie,do you work at the docks in LB? Longshoreman by chance? Picture kinda looks like it.
Yes I do Shadow. We did have some nasty winds last night that did shut the cranes down. I was told at about 11 PM that there was some sort of a Tornado or something like that brewing out by Catalina. It never made it to us but it did blow hard for a while. Its crazy being under those cranes when the wind starts blowing. They do sway quite a bit.

shadow
12-29-2004, 11:27 AM
Yes I do Shadow. We did have some nasty winds last night that did shut the cranes down. I was told at about 11 PM that there was some sort of a Tornado or something like that brewing out by Catalina. It never made it to us but it did blow hard for a while. Its crazy being under those cranes when the wind starts blowing. They do sway quite a bit.
Do you know my buddie Ed Derringer? He's a Lonngshoreman down around there somewhere.

djunkie
12-29-2004, 11:32 AM
No that name doesn't sound familiar. I know a lot of peoples faces but not their names. Work with different people everyday, maybe if I saw him. There are a lot of people down there now. We just had a major hiring and it is crazy. But with all the work they needed to do it.

MsDrmr
12-29-2004, 11:34 AM
I'm sorry hun, I know it sucks, try to keep yourself dry and look forward to a nice dry evening in a nice warm bed

shadow
12-29-2004, 11:39 AM
No that name doesn't sound familiar. I know a lot of peoples faces but not their names. Work with different people everyday, maybe if I saw him. There are a lot of people down there now. We just had a major hiring and it is crazy. But with all the work they needed to do it.
He's been working there for years,Long hair down the middle of his back,long gotee,biker looking guy.Drives a black suburban w/dark tinited windows.Description probablly describes alot of the people working down there.If you ever get a chance to meet him he's a great guy.

djunkie
12-29-2004, 11:41 AM
I'm sorry hun, I know it sucks, try to keep yourself dry and look forward to a nice dry evening in a nice warm bed
Unfortunately I work nights so I don't see my bed until 3 or 4 AM. But it isn't that bad. With all the good weather we have around here I can put up with a little rain and wind once in a while.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-29-2004, 11:49 AM
Do you know my buddie Ed Derringer?
He used to be on here as Edroe I believe. I met him at the first OP6 at RD's place in July 2001.

djunkie
12-29-2004, 11:52 AM
He's been working there for years,Long hair down the middle of his back,long gotee,biker looking guy.Drives a black suburban w/dark tinited windows.Description probablly describes alot of the people working down there.If you ever get a chance to meet him he's a great guy.
Ya that does describe a lot of guys down there. If he works out the hall I am sure I have probably seen him before but if he is steady somewhere than I probably haven't.

shadow
12-29-2004, 03:36 PM
He used to be on here as Edroe I believe. I met him at the first OP6 at RD's place in July 2001.
That would be him. :) Real cool guy.

djunkie
12-29-2004, 04:13 PM
:D dude get that container unloaded from the ship, on your semi-truck and headed for my racing collectibles shop here in az, oh yeah , i'm waiting for the action racing die-cast of martin truex jr. wrangler busch championship car :D :D
Its on its way :mix:

Havasu_Dreamin
12-29-2004, 04:13 PM
That would be him. :) Real cool guy.
Yes, he most definitely is. And your description of him is dead-on, obviously ince you knwo him. But anyway, he looks like he could/would beat the crap out fo you, but he was just super cool.

shadow
12-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Yes, he most definitely is. And your description of him is dead-on, obviously ince you knwo him. But anyway, he looks like he could/would beat the crap out fo you, but he was just super cool.
Funny you should say that.I've got nothing but respect for Ed.Last season at the river I had to tune up some gang banger for harassing some friends daughters and causing trouble.Busted him up pretty good.Anyway about 2am Ed and i were standing in the dark talking and here comes 6 homies.Ed didn't flinch just stood there looked at me and said"here comes your buddies theres 6 of them.You take 3 and i'll take 3."Turns out they were headed in our direction but didn't want any trouble this time.One was already at the hospital :hammerhea
Most people would say oh shit what are we gonna do :eek: ?Ed just stood there with me.

JB in so cal
12-29-2004, 04:45 PM
Funny you should say that.I've got nothing but respect for Ed.Last season at the river I had to tune up some gang banger for harassing some friends daughters and causing trouble.Busted him up pretty good.Anyway about 2am Ed and i were standing in the dark talking and here comes 6 homies.Ed didn't flinch just stood there looked at me and said"here comes your buddies theres 6 of them.You take 3 and i'll take 3."Turns out they were headed in our direction but didn't want any trouble this time.One was already at the hospital :hammerhea
Most people would say oh shit what are we gonna do :eek: ?Ed just stood there with me.
:eek:
Remind me about this if I start bargaining with you on the price of your trialer. Holy S***!

shadow
12-29-2004, 04:48 PM
:eek:
Remind me about this if I start bargaining with you on the price of your trialer. Holy S***!
No worries brother. They were assholes looking for trouble.I'm a lover not a fighter.

framer1
12-29-2004, 05:18 PM
[QUOTE=shadow]No worries brother. They were assholes looking for trouble.I'm a lover not a fighter.[/QUOTE
Yea, whatever :D I'll be out soon, hope everything is going well. Hope you have a good new year.

shadow
12-29-2004, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=shadow]No worries brother. They were assholes looking for trouble.I'm a lover not a fighter.[/QUOTE
Yea, whatever :D I'll be out soon, hope everything is going well. Hope you have a good new year.
Happy news years to you too Framer.I was just talking about you today. :D
you got mail.