PDA

View Full Version : Calling Ty Newton

Jetboatguru
12-29-2004, 03:12 PM
Dear Ty,
I just watched your interview with V drive Video from the World Finals. While I am very impressed by your skills in a SS boat, I could not help notice the challenge issued by you to the K boat guys. I am accepting your challenge 1 thousand dollars (US) for 3 laps in Phoenix. This will be run on our course the longer one (The one for the big boys). You in the SS70 and me in the K5. It could be a pretty hyped deal until the first turn. :cool:
If anyone knows Ty could you please pass the message to him?

dossangers
12-29-2004, 03:43 PM
I like the callout AND TONY'S got some SERIOUS crew members that would love to be CHALLENGED!!

Jetboatguru
12-29-2004, 03:49 PM
One more thing,
We get Gordy in our corner!!

Ex PSI Canyon
12-29-2004, 03:54 PM
Anyone who can race from the passenger side of a K-Boat and win a race has got my 1000 bucks behind em. I love it when this crap gets started. You better not toast your motor Tony.

Jetboatguru
12-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Motor is fresh and ready to go. Dude called us out and said we are :devil: pussies.
It really liked the 18 gear in Phx. Gonna try a 15 and see what happens.

Jordy
12-29-2004, 03:59 PM
One more thing,
We get Gordy in our corner!!
What about Jordy??? :D :D :D

Jetboatguru
12-29-2004, 04:14 PM
Him Too!!!
and Her!!

Jordy
12-29-2004, 04:17 PM
Even though Jim Anderson got kicked off the boards, is he tall enough to hang out too? He could drag the taco wagon out and maybe show off his new Billy B. helmet at the same time. :D
Jordy <---- looking out for the little guy. :D
Oh, and which her??? Her or the other her? ;)

circleboatKIDD
12-29-2004, 05:11 PM
talk ole Ty a little bit ago, we can see you on top end against the ss boat on the long course and i dont think you liked to run the ss on the short course? So really i guess if all goes well Burley will be test and it wont be against the ss boat cause i think there be a K-Boat brewing in that camp and think ole Gordy might be invovled :cool: , but then I could be wrong, :D

dossangers
12-29-2004, 05:41 PM
Its possible that a whole bunch of NEEDLES k-boat PUSSY'S might be at BURLEY!!!! :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea

Jetboatguru
12-29-2004, 06:04 PM
On the video, he challenged us in the SS boat. I am certain there are many of us that will be in Burley. Hopefully Gordy will be on our side.

CircleJerk
12-29-2004, 07:20 PM
Someone tell me this Ty challenge is a joke...........Does he lurk..... here? Jerry.......what finals video?

CircleJerk
12-29-2004, 07:22 PM
Its possible that a whole bunch of PUSSY'S might be at BURLEY!!!! :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea
Ya, I'm going.........so what's. . .your point?

Moneypitt
12-29-2004, 07:38 PM
The SS 70 boat is no joke. The Pfaff powered Canary boats haul the mail. The SS 70, 80, 801, and others are for real. Not taking anything away from Tony in K5, but those SS ers are always right on their game. If you're gonna do this deal at Burley, just remember who buys, er, ah , I mean follows the rules there!!..............MP
PS heard a rumor the 80 boat will have a capsule for '05...........

Jetboatguru
12-29-2004, 08:02 PM
I am answering the challenge for Phoenix. I know full well that Ty Newton is the best of the best. He called the K boats out and I am responding. I watch the SS boats in amazement at how well they run. The speeds they carry into the turns are unreal. Fact still remains, he called us scared. 3 laps, the long course in Phx at the season opener. $1000

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-29-2004, 08:34 PM
Someone tell me this Ty challenge is a joke...........Does he lurk..... here? Jerry.......what finals video?
This went down at the Phx finals! I may have instigated this a little :D (not that I would ever do such a thing) The K-69 was supposed to be in attendance with Ty driving. The boat was a no show so I put the camera in Ty's face and asked him if he was skeeered. :devil: I did the same thing to Gordy. :rollside: Ty's response was that he offered to race the K's with the superstock but the K guys didn't want no part of it. Apparently they didn't ask Tony.
If you guys are going to race Ty in Burley, beware, he drives a very fast prostock up there. :cool:
Jerry

Matthew
12-29-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm taking Newton. He's was around back in the days when I used go with my cousins (Culps). The cat can drive!

Moneypitt
12-29-2004, 08:48 PM
Not to mention that Burley is Faulkner racing's own private test track. Jerry is right, the Burley race is the only place they run that PS boat, but the SS er may be faster than the PS.........Firebird, Tony better be on his game, cause Ty will be. I wonder if the 70 boat is getting a capsule too??

Brodie
12-29-2004, 08:51 PM
Dear Ty,
I just watched you interview V drive Video I am very impressed by your skills
Dang,,,,Toney called that boy out

dossangers
12-29-2004, 09:14 PM
We just play real hard.I think it would be fun to mill around BURLEY i would like to chase the K-69 around maybe push on the gas now and then!! Well see "SENOR"

Jetboatguru
12-29-2004, 09:33 PM
I knew Jerry had something to do with this :idea: :idea:
I find it strange how we have a new member "Mathew" in here as a result of this thread. :confused: Must be a Ty supporter or someone close to him. Welcome aboard Mathew. You know what they say, To be the best, you have to beat the best. This my chance at the best.
This could be a really cool thing for the fans on Sunday in Phoenix.
Jerry, I keep checking my mailbox hoping to see something from you. :frown:

BILLY.B
12-29-2004, 09:34 PM
Not to mention that Burley is Faulkner racing's own private test track. Jerry is right, the Burley race is the only place they run that PS boat, but the SS er may be faster than the PS.........Firebird, Tony better be on his game, cause Ty will be. I wonder if the 70 boat is getting a capsule too?? So what do you think a good SS boat runs down the straightaway?????, 110 to 112 on a good day. Now you take a guy like Tony thats not afraid to "MASH the GAS" in a good running "K" that will run around 125 to 130 or faster if needed at Phoenix, not Burley. Granted he has to slow down alot sooner because he's carrying so much more shoot speed and he has to be able to carry some of that speed thru the corner like a SS boat and thats where it gets tricky due to Tony's lack of experience. But if anyone will give it the OL' COLLEGE try it will be Tony. All he wants to do is have fun running his boat against some stiff competition and the Faulkner's SS-70 with Ty driving i'm sure will do the trick. Should be fun to watch no matter what the outcome is. As we all know the K's are second fiddle to the SS show and the K's need to pay there "DUE'S" :jawdrop: , or so i've been told. :hammer2:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-29-2004, 09:37 PM
....the SS er may be faster than the PS.........
It may be faster than most everyone elses ProStock but not that one. ;) Remember Ray, they run the GPS in both boats. I'm guessing Wooten's and Hals boats are faster too, they just don't turn them as hard.
JG

BILLY.B
12-29-2004, 09:39 PM
Jerry you seem to be dodgeing the bullet on this topic....Cat got your tongue. Who's your pick seeing as you started this. :D :D

Rexone
12-29-2004, 09:42 PM
You gentlemen better hope Jim Anderson doesn't show. His boat will go 150+.

Jetboatguru
12-29-2004, 09:44 PM
Yeah but he is only 3 feet 10 inches tall.

Moneypitt
12-29-2004, 09:46 PM
3 laps, with .83 straights VS .625 straights on a 4 lap course. (single pin turns). SS ers are running 115+(no one admits to 120) in the 5/8ths straights, and I'm sure Falkner racing will come geared to the longer straights. As Billy said, it should be something to see. This is a tough call here, that SS boat gets with the program, Tony will need a huge straightaway lead to hold off Ty through the turns. As far as running with the Ks in competition, we could never jump up with the PS boat because of the "Must be blown, supercharged, or turbo'd" rule. Does that rule still apply?............MP

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-29-2004, 09:47 PM
I knew Jerry had something to do with this :idea: :idea:
Of course you knew, it was my video. :idea: and remember who saw it first.
Mouzer and Billy are the only ones with phx finals footage. Yours and Harts should be in the mail by the weeks end. It would have been done sooner but I had to put something together (of you and Jr) for the IHBA banquet. ;)
I'll have something up here too soon.
Jerry

78Eliminator
12-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Is there some way to create some kind of points spread and determine the odds..... :D
I wonder if we can get vegas involved, I got some money to bet.....
:sqeyes: :supp: :supp:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-29-2004, 09:55 PM
Jerry you seem to be dodgeing the bullet on this topic....Cat got your tongue. Who's your pick seeing as you started this. :D :D
I didn't start this. I just wanted to know why the 69 boat didn't show. I will still tell you what I think. On any normal ss course that those guys run (except burley) I think any of the top 3 superstocks would win. On the Phx "K" course I think Tony would win if he didn't mess up. The superstock guys will not mess up nor leave much room for error. I do think Ty's prostock would beat any of the K's at Burley if it runs as well as it did last year.
Jerry :boxed:

dossangers
12-29-2004, 09:56 PM
It would be interesting to see somebody hop out of an ss boat into a k? its alot to hang on to. and its hard to be smooth and real fast at the same time. I think it takes alotta SEAT TIME to be real PROFICIENT and its a BLAST trying! thats a BIG CA'MON!!

BILLY.B
12-29-2004, 09:56 PM
I'm sure Falkner racing will come geared to the longer straights. MP Which will make the boat alittle less manageable coming off the corner.

dossangers
12-29-2004, 10:01 PM
WHO WOULD LIKE TONY IN HIS k ON YOUR ASS IN A RACE can you say bull in a china shop! you would be looking behind to know when the frieght train was going to come by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

circleboatKIDD
12-29-2004, 10:09 PM
Hey Doss i seen Lance hot from his ss to the K boat i heard him say the K was easy to drive, yo Jerr your in Socal close to the K69 came and there not lettin you in on any top secret info. i was watching some ProStock Burley footage and wow i think the PS70 lapped everyone and all that motor was, was an superstock motor with duel carbs, id hate to see a real prostock in that thing

Moneypitt
12-29-2004, 10:14 PM
Wayne, those SS guys run 8 wide into corners that look only wide enough for 4 boats. Just 2 boats on the course will be a drive at the beach for Ty, regardless of who is behind him, AND Tony won't be behind very long, the race will come down to carrying speed into and out of the turns, and there are few better at that than Ty. BTW, when is this race to be run? Firebird in April? or sooner................Ray

BILLY.B
12-29-2004, 10:19 PM
A "K" is easier to drive once you get thru the transition period because the horsepower keeps the nose up and your off to the races if the boat is handling right, if it's not set up right you'd better hang on to your ASS as your going to go for a bow searching ride second to none. :messedup:

Jetboatguru
12-29-2004, 10:39 PM
We can always make it a two part race. First leg in Phoenix, Second in Burley. Come on we need to spice things up at the races. I have some new names for the K5. Those will come later. :jawdrop:
I realize I am the underdog here, so I have NOTHING to lose. I will learn how to turn!!!!

Moneypitt
12-29-2004, 10:44 PM
18s, 15s, ha, now thats funny Tony..............MP

wsuwrhr
12-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Tony,
I am sure you have many hands to help out with the boat. However, if you do need another pair of hands to do whatever, let me know and I would be more than happy to help out.
Self-employment has it's advantages.
Brian

Jordy
12-30-2004, 08:19 AM
You gentlemen better hope Jim Anderson doesn't show. His boat will go 150+.
Hey Mikey, post #9. I asked if Jim was invited, even though he's short, and haven't gotten an answer yet. Although, I was looking more for pit help (cleaning the bottom of the boat) and nourishment with the taco stand.
I didn't think about him bringing his boat out. That could be trouble. :sqeyes: :D

Larry Nebb
12-30-2004, 08:22 AM
That Newton guy is just gonna walk Guru.

LeE ss13
12-30-2004, 09:18 AM
I have raced in a SS boat against a K-boat and I have raced against Ty. Too close to call for me.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3080001.jpg

lucky
12-30-2004, 09:57 AM
boy - that would be a cool race - toney did great on his first outing - props man - ty has experience with the 90's either way - i respect any one that does what either class is doing : :rollside:

dossangers
12-30-2004, 10:24 AM
Hey Doss i seen Lance hot from his ss to the K boat i heard him say the K was easy to drive, yo Jerr your in Socal close to the K69 came and there not lettin you in on any top secret info. i was watching some ProStock Burley footage and wow i think the PS70 lapped everyone and all that motor was, was an superstock motor with duel carbs, id hate to see a real prostock in that thingIm not talking about lance he had alotta seat time in K's im talking bout ty only runing s/s !! somepeople can drive anything example LANCE,BIG-E,A.SEENA, ECT. we hav'nt seen TY drive a K yet.

WaterBox
12-31-2004, 09:27 AM
Its possible that a whole bunch of NEEDLES k-boat PUSSY'S might be at BURLEY!!!! :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea
What are you saying :confused: The Needles Boys are going to watch, Or going to Race? :D

dossangers
12-31-2004, 09:53 AM
What are you saying :confused: The Needles Boys are going to watch, Or going to Race? :DDo you think we would go all that way to sit on the BEACH!! dont think so!!

Moneypitt
12-31-2004, 09:56 AM
No comment..................MP

WaterBox
12-31-2004, 10:12 AM
Do you think we would go all that way to sit on the BEACH!! dont think so!!
COOL. How many of you guy's do you think might go?? Can't stand to see Tony havin all the fun by him self huh?? :D :D

Jetboatguru
12-31-2004, 10:19 AM
There is a lot of talk about the "Needles group." It sounds like people think this group will not hang it out there. I have some breaking news. The boats that run in Needles can run with ALL of the Kboats in IHBA. Have any of you seen The K50 boat run? I would put my money on that boat winning in Phx its first time out. The same goes for Billy's boat and he has the smallest motor of us all. Those two haul ass and Wayne and Billy are way more than capable. It should be a great, fun year in 05.
Moneypitt, keep in mind we are not dissing Ty or any other racer out there. We are responding to him.

Stab-n-Steer
12-31-2004, 11:06 AM
Not that this matters but at Parker, Thanksgiving 2003, Larry Hamilton in the SS-98 raced the K's and handed them their asses and that was on a 1 1/4 mile course... Obviously the K's were faster on the shoots but the SS smoked 'em in the turns (single pin). I think the SS's wouldn't have a chance at Burley with the big 5 pin turns. Burley is also at almost 5000 feet elevation, which hurts the HP on a carbureted motor. Not so on a blown motor...
Regardless, I will be the first one in line to see the K-5 and SS-70 go at it!
S&S

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-31-2004, 12:15 PM
Not that this matters but at Parker, Thanksgiving 2003, Larry Hamilton in the SS-98 raced the K's and handed them their asses and that was on a 1 1/4 mile course... Obviously the K's were faster on the shoots but the SS smoked 'em in the turns (single pin).
S&S
That weekend, the "K" class consisted of K-711 and K-13. 711's driver had driven the Blown Alcohol combination once prior to then at Burley. Parker was his 2nd time and first time on the single pin. Corey had one good go at it but broke his prop shaft. The 13 boat had just received a new paint job. The boat was put back together by someone new and it was off a bit. The steering came loose, the plate had issues etc. etc. All this versus a veterun top 3 superstock boat. I wasn't suprised.
The bottom line is, the K-boats are fastest for the drivers that can realize thier full potential (like Julian or Gordy). Until then, the polished drivers in the lower classes may prevail...or not! :D
Now I've seen all these boats run over and over. The best race will be...
K-5
K-777 or whatever Bandelin returns with
K-50
K-16
K-69
K-11 with Fitz driving cause Billy's not going to hang it out there with 2 kids and my sister breathing down his neck.
K-22
K-17
K-333
Now if we could just get these boats all together at the same race.
JG :cool:

circleboatKIDD
12-31-2004, 12:27 PM
That was be one hell of a first turn with all those boats :jawdrop:, and Burley would be just wide enough for all. I guess experience would play a big factor in this one.

Moneypitt
12-31-2004, 02:22 PM
Tony, I realize that you are responding to a statement Ty made after jerry ask him about the K 69 boat not showing at Phoenix. Apparently he made a statement at that time about running the SS 70 in K class. You should've let him, but no one heard the statement except Jerry until the tape was seen. I am by no means rooting for Ty, if anything I'd like to see him soundly beaten. All I said was be on your game because the SS 70 boat will be.
Now about Burley and the Needles Ks "racing". How are they going to pull that off without chucking the APBA sanction, or installing capsules? 2nd, have any of those Needles Ks ever stayed on the gas for 5 miles? Not 1/8 mile blasts, not 1/2 throttle cruising, but WOT, plate down to turn, and WOT, repeat, repeat, repeat, etc. Not to mention the water conditions after the first couple of laps, conditions that have never been seen at Needles. I don't doubt for a second that Wayne and Billy and the rest of the group can drive their Ks, but the word "racing", actually wringing the engines neck for 5 miles is something I'd like to see. Will Burley pitch the APBA out again? They did once before, but then went right back to apba sanction.
I think Burley is actually closer to 4000 ft than 5000 ft. And even though the air is bad, the SS 70 tests there at will. If a thunderstorm moves into the area the corrected alt. can go over 7K ......
Larry Hamilton also broke in 2003, split the strut if I remember correctly...........Then retired...........MP

Jetboatguru
12-31-2004, 03:23 PM
Moneypitt,
I am looking at this as something that would be great to watch. It would be a show for the fans and the hype could be built up during the weekend. From what I understand the Burley committee is trying to put together the open boats. I hope it is a go because we have already made arrangements.
Has anyone informed Ty of our acceptence? I figure by the time it gets to him it will sound like this.
"Dude, did you hear those K boat assholes called you out to a knife fight in Tempe? They said they will race you in a 10 mile oval "

Moneypitt
12-31-2004, 03:45 PM
Never EVER bring a knife to a GUN fight!!!!!!!..............The idea of the Ks screaming down the front straight at Burley gives me chills. 8 boats side by side into and out of the first turn, then behind the island, and all you can do is listen, then they come around the end of the island and its on again.....The boats of old,(early 90s), the "funny fuel" in the air, hell, just listening to them warm up in the pits is worth the price of admision. I can see why the Burley commitee wants the Ks, but the nut to bust is going to be APBA. Have you contacted any of the Ks that quit do to the capsule rule? There were 12+ Ks there back in the early 90s, requiring qualifiers like the other classes run today. Bring your assortment of pullies, the weather changes there can murder a tune up in 30 minutes. We had just about decided not to try to run Burley this year. Oh well, so much for trying to plan anything when it comes to boat racing..........MP
PS: Ty will most likely have the PS boat at Burley.........

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-31-2004, 04:21 PM
Now about Burley and the Needles Ks "racing". How are they going to pull that off without chucking the APBA sanction, or installing capsules? 2nd, have any of those Needles Ks ever stayed on the gas for 5 miles? Not 1/8 mile blasts, not 1/2 throttle cruising, but WOT, plate down to turn, and WOT, repeat, repeat, repeat, etc. Not to mention the water conditions after the first couple of laps, conditions that have never been seen at Needles. I don't doubt for a second that Wayne and Billy and the rest of the group can drive their Ks, but the word "racing", actually wringing the engines neck for 5 miles is something I'd like to see. Will Burley pitch the APBA out again? They did once before, but then went right back to apba sanction.
...........MP
Late to the party as usual....Ray, the Burley regatta has said they will run non apba (as I have said on these boards before).
2nd, How many of the IHBA "K" races have you been to? How many of the current K guys are "wringing thier engines necks?"...I know the answer to this as I am familiar with each team and thier driver.
3rd, how many times have you seen the Needles guys run?
4th Where were you when they ran the Ming exhibition?
What really cracks me up is you trying to give Tony tuning advise! :rollside:
Jer

Moneypitt
12-31-2004, 05:33 PM
When it comes to being on time, I don't think we missed any of our races this last year by being late. Late to the little "clique" party doesn't mean shit to me. I don't know who you know to get the Burley regatta info as to booting apba. I certainly haven't seen anything to that order here, although I don't make it a habit to surf your posts in your priofile, nor am I hooked to the IHBA source of information. I have never been to an IHBA race when the Ks ran. As I have stated before, I make a lousy spectator. From the posts I saw about the last K race, it would seem that Tony was the only boat hanging it out......I was only at Needles for the last weeekend last April, I saw Wayne putting around, a couple of nice drag type flats, Ken's blown beezer, my old hydro, and a roosting jet. Everyone else was on the trailer........(weekend day). Brought the PS boat down Sunday morning and everyone was gone. As far as the Ming exibition, never heard about it, I only go there when we run the PS boat. Where did I try to give Tony, or anyone else tuning advise? I believe I corrected an altitude statement about 5000 ft., to the actual altitude of 4000 ft. and mentioned the changes that take place there very suddenly due to the weather fronts moving in and out throughout the day. I guess I stay busy in my own backyard, and making the races we actually race in. If my responses make you laugh, then I guess I'm doing good, cause there just isn't enough humor in the world today........Ray

Jetboatguru
12-31-2004, 05:36 PM
I just got off the phone with Billy in Needles. He said that he is calling out the PS89 boat in a grudge race!!! I have know clue who PS89 is but, he said to just post it.

Moneypitt
12-31-2004, 05:54 PM
Well gee, Billy, what is it you need to prove? The 89 boat is busted up pretty good, the motor is scattered, and the driver is retiring, for a year or two. I have openly said I want a capsule on the boat before its raced again with a "hired" shoe. Due to expenses involved with these necessary repairs/ modifications we may sit out this next season. I will repeat, what do you have to prove? That your motor will live for 5 miles? You can prove that by hanging it out with Tony, or the other outlaw Ks. Do you really need to stoop to picking on PS ers.............Ray
PS How about a baseball event? TY racing Tony, Wayne, and Billy all at once.....3 ks down, end of an inning!!!!!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-31-2004, 06:06 PM
When it comes to being on time, I don't think we missed any of our races this last year by being late. Late to the little "clique" party doesn't mean shit to me. I don't know who you know to get the Burley regatta info as to booting apba. I certainly haven't seen anything to that order here, although I don't make it a habit to surf your posts in your priofile, nor am I hooked to the IHBA source of information. I have never been to an IHBA race when the Ks ran. As I have stated before, I make a lousy spectator. From the posts I saw about the last K race, it would seem that Tony was the only boat hanging it out......I was only at Needles for the last weeekend last April, I saw Wayne putting around, a couple of nice drag type flats, Ken's blown beezer, my old hydro, and a roosting jet. Everyone else was on the trailer........(weekend day). Brought the PS boat down Sunday morning and everyone was gone. As far as the Ming exibition, never heard about it, I only go there when we run the PS boat. Where did I try to give Tony, or anyone else tuning advise? I believe I corrected an altitude statement about 5000 ft., to the actual altitude of 4000 ft. and mentioned the changes that take place there very suddenly due to the weather fronts moving in and out throughout the day. I guess I stay busy in my own backyard, and making the races we actually race in. If my responses make you laugh, then I guess I'm doing good, cause there just isn't enough humor in the world today........Ray
Your races aren't where the K's are! And that is what your commenting on.
Ray, (I know you wont get this but...) Quote- "I am the eyes and ears of this institution" -Name the movie ;)
Remember when the apba told all inboards to capsule up? Burley didn't want to loose thier race so alternative measures were considered. I get propeller magazine for free for contributing photography. When the apba national meetings happen I get cued in on what goes on. When I go to Burley, I talk to the guys who run the show. They often come to me for promotional footage and I take it from there.
Your Needles observations will not reflect what actually takes place because your there too late to see the big show (late to the party), the cliques are in the sandbar. :notam:
Knowing when and where things happen is crucial in realizing what happens there.
You told Tony to bring several pulleys...pulley choice is huge in tuning. If you would had been in Tony's pit in PHX (for example) you would have seen (K-50) Bubby Wilton contributing to the tune up.
Your absolutely correct about Burleys altitude and weather. :cool:
I think Mike "Hammer" Lee can take Billy with your tune up. Go get em. :D
Jerry :p

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-31-2004, 06:09 PM
I just got off the phone with Billy in Needles. He said that he is calling out the PS89 boat in a grudge race!!! I have know clue who PS89 is but, he said to just post it.
PS 89 is driven by Mike Lee, great guy! The boat is Billy's old Dark Star revenge.
Ray, Billy is just funnin w/you.

circleboatKIDD
12-31-2004, 06:11 PM
I heard the ps boats were dying out might not have anything next year I was told that if it was for all ss guys steppin up and runnin with the ps boats they would have class, and something about everytime the ss70 or ss91 run with them the ps boats get spanked, and doesnt look good for the class, this what Ive heard.

Moneypitt
12-31-2004, 06:32 PM
I said, Kid, (kinda like Alice's Resturant) Pro stock will be alive and well. As far as Wallet racing with the SS boats, who ever has the most money, wins! I'm tempted to build a SS motor just so I could tear down the you know whos.....IMO, they're cheating, big time..........MP
PS. Jerry, Billy painted "Dark Star" for Wayne Carey(sp), he was the 2nd owner, Mike is the third.....The boat may be headed to the river toy retirement farm, out to stud, so to speak...Mike has mentioned a new/different hull for the future, a perfect time to go capsulated...IMO...Ray

circleboatKIDD
12-31-2004, 06:42 PM
Moneypitt
So your telling me all the Pfaff and Bud Gilbert superstock motors are cheating cause half the feild have one or the other

wsuwrhr
12-31-2004, 06:43 PM
I was only at Needles for the last weekend last April, I saw a roosting jet.
Thanks, I am glad someone noticed.
Brian

Moneypitt
12-31-2004, 06:55 PM
OH yes Brian, I noticed. Seems like you and me were the only ones having fun that day, Oh yeah, Ken in the beezer was out playing as well. Kidd, yes, I firmly believe that most if not all of those motors have "something" illegal in them. Why do you think they hide the crank flanges the best they can.....The rule changes as to what they can run seem to be written after the changes to the motors have been made. Lets face it, flat tappet lifters and 225# valve springs aren't suppose to work......$1000.00, 8 hour breakin, one weekend cams really were not in the picture when SS rules were written. Petitions in the pits to allow roller cams, to go along with the roller rockers they couldn't run before, aftermarket parts for days, where before it was all OEM stuff, etc, etc,......Mud ported heads and manifolds, drop leg discharge carbs.........They're really just Cu in limited pro stockers with carburators.............MP
PS Brian, I noticed because besides the old hydro, I've also got an old jet.......

WaterBox
12-31-2004, 06:56 PM
I said, Kid, (kinda like Alice's Resturant) Pro stock will be alive and well. As far as Wallet racing with the SS boats, who ever has the most money, wins! I'm tempted to build a SS motor just so I could tear down the you know whos.....IMO, they're cheating, big time..........MP
PS. Jerry, Billy painted "Dark Star" for Wayne Carey(sp), he was the 2nd owner, Mike is the third.....The boat may be headed to the river toy retirement farm, out to stud, so to speak...Mike has mentioned a new/different hull for the future, a perfect time to go capsulated...IMO...Ray
When was the last time ya seen any P&G or bottom checking going on at any of the race's ??

Moneypitt
12-31-2004, 07:06 PM
I've never seen a SS motor checked for inches. They did weigh the boats at long beach, and the offical at Burley said he was going to do random fuel checks on the entire field, but I never heard any results from that, as the "lab" was back in Washington. I've discussed an engine "claimer" class to replace the old SS class. Maybe call it "Super Sport" or something, but limit the engine work by puting a claiming price on any engine that finishes in the top 3. At the end of the weekend the claimer could buy anyones engine for the set amount, say $4500. or 3500, whatever seems right. This would prevent teams from investing thousands upon thousands of dollars, and,a BIG and, CATCH THE CHEATERS when the buyer opened up the motor under offical eyes, right there..........MP

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-31-2004, 07:15 PM
Ray, dont they do that in the smaller classes of motocross racing (claimer rule)?
I don't know about all these legality claims, but I do know when the ss class started in 1965, it was a whole different ball game. They did have spending limits on the engines and a 2 seat rule. Somewhere I have all the original rules. Personally, I enjoy what they've evolved to but the addition of an entry level class would be good.
I think we should copy the northern nosty's for a new entry level class, while keeping the existing classes.
JG

Moneypitt
12-31-2004, 07:25 PM
Oh yes, keep the wallet, er, ah, SS racing as it is, or however they want to make it, but open up an entry level moneywise that could/would rebuild the sport. Crate motors have been mentioned, sealed from the factory, don't mess with it. Put boat racing back in the hands of the drivers, boat riggers, and take it away from the ones with the thickest wallets.....Do you have any idea what Gilbert gets for one of his jewels.........with a taillight guarantee??(I know that no engine builder guarantees his product for what we do to them)............MP

WaterBox
12-31-2004, 07:27 PM
I've never seen a SS motor checked for inches. They did weigh the boats at long beach, and the offical at Burley said he was going to do random fuel checks on the entire field, but I never heard any results from that, as the "lab" was back in Washington. I've discussed an engine "claimer" class to replace the old SS class. Maybe call it "Super Sport" or something, but limit the engine work by puting a claiming price on any engine that finishes in the top 3. At the end of the weekend the claimer could buy anyones engine for the set amount, say $4500. or 3500, whatever seems right. This would prevent teams from investing thousands upon thousands of dollars, and,a BIG and, CATCH THE CHEATERS when the buyer opened up the motor under offical eyes, right there..........MP
I don't think you could get anybody to go for a claimer class, there already enough engine and bottom rule's out there and has been for many years. I think it just has't to be policed at every race. We "know" some of the race teams has different motors for different race's If you know what I mean

Stab-n-Steer
12-31-2004, 07:36 PM
All right, I'm tired of all this banter! :cry: I'm throwing my hat in the ring! I want to be included in the match race with the P-5 Crackerbox, "Pandora's Box". If an SS can challenge a K, then I can challenge both. While everyone is arguing about the SS vs. the K, watch out for the crazy Crackerbox! :rollside: We may be small but we be fierce! :devil:
S&S

FlatStupid
12-31-2004, 07:42 PM
All right, I'm tired of all this banter! :cry: I'm throwing my hat in the ring! I want to be included in the match race with the P-5 Crackerbox, "Pandora's Box". If an SS can challenge a K, then I can challenge both. While everyone is arguing about the SS vs. the K, watch out for the crazy Crackerbox! :rollside: We may be small but we be fierce! :devil:
S&S Now we are gettin somewhere! :eek: :2purples:

haulina29
12-31-2004, 07:58 PM
BREAKFAST CLUB :hammerhea

Moneypitt
12-31-2004, 08:06 PM
Well there goes the neighborhood......The "Crackers" are moving in!!!
Breakfast club??????? WTF

wsuwrhr
12-31-2004, 08:53 PM
OH yes Brian, I noticed. Seems like you and me were the only ones having fun that day, Oh yeah, Ken in the beezer was out playing as well.
PS Brian, I noticed because besides the old hydro, I've also got an old jet.......
In all fairness, the boats were running plenty, but only during the week. Weekends were requested to be "low key"
Brian

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-31-2004, 09:15 PM
BREAKFAST CLUB :hammerhea
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Moneypitt
12-31-2004, 09:57 PM
So, has anyone heard from Mr Newton? As I get this, SS 70 and K5, 3 lap course at the 1st race, Firebird. 4 lap at the 2nd leg, Burley.......and a 3rd if necessary at?????.....Oh yeah and the PS 89 vs Billy, and Stab 'n Steer's Cracker vs everyone.......at ?????.........................MP
This will have more drama then the jones' thread..........

CircleJerk
01-01-2005, 12:06 AM
Alright....now you're talking. I'll take on a cracker! Best two out of three?? Jerr, if the Ks go, so can we! Right? :rollside: Happy New Year

circleboatKIDD
01-01-2005, 02:49 AM
Well heres goes enough with the bsing, Ill match the 1g on Ty in the ss70 cause hes my family and cant leave him hanging, so Mr. Guru nothing against u in the K-5 but u know how it goes. ;)

WaterBox
01-01-2005, 08:53 AM
Ray, dont they do that in the smaller classes of motocross racing (claimer rule)?
I don't know about all these legality claims, but I do know when the ss class started in 1965, it was a whole different ball game. They did have spending limits on the engines and a 2 seat rule. Somewhere I have all the original rules. Personally, I enjoy what they've evolved to but the addition of an entry level class would be good.
I think we should copy the northern nosty's for a new entry level class, while keeping the existing classes.
JG
Jerry.... What ever happened to the small block entry level class that was being talked about a-while back?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Jerry.... What ever happened to the small block entry level class that was being talked about a-while back?
Good question... Right now the nostalgia GN class could serve as an entry level class for us southern folk, but I would prefer starting out in pro-stock. :cool:
Boyd, them crackers would give you fits. ;)

Sleek-Jet
01-01-2005, 09:37 AM
JG
I know that alot of the dirt track racing programs have claimer rules, as well as some of the entry level drag racing classes (I think). I have several friends that run IMSA modified and the division they run have a claim rule (and it's nothing as high as 3500.00). It doesn't really stop the thick wallet guys from dropping serious coin on engines, but it is there. I also believe it's a long block rule as well.
I am more of a spectator when it comes to racing, but it seems that every couple years someone comes along and proposes a new budget class, people start racing it, the times get faster, more money is spent to stay competetive, then rules start changing and before you know it, it isn't budget anymore... which isn't a bad thing, it just keeps the start up guys from really getting into racing.

BILLY.B
01-02-2005, 01:51 PM
Well gee, Billy, what is it you need to prove? My point exactly Ray what do I need to prove....Nothing!!!!. But your the one who wants to see us Needles guys ring our engines out for 5 miles....BFD. I don't think you were racing back in the day when I had a K and funded it on my own for 3 years and had my engines live for 5 miles with the help of Bubby Wilton ,Steve Earl and Bud Burnett with Bob Bode driving, and finished 2nd at the world championships in Montreal Canada with my River engine. As far as me being able to drive the boat for 5 miles on a course like they had in Phoenix I think would be a kick. Jr Hart and the IHBA did it right by making the course longer to stretch it out a bit before getting to the first turn ( smart move) to take the inexperience factor out of play so no one got hurt. Now driving on a big turn course like Black Lake.....Thats another story. :cool:. Lance and I used to give each other a hard time about the river guys vs the race guys. I could really care less what anybody thinks, I run my boat to have a good time and hang out with my buddies and I don't need to spend thousands of dollars to travel around just so I can prove that I can drive a boat to anyone :argue: . See you in Needles. :)

Jetboatguru
01-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Will you travel thousands of miles to be my crew chief? :cool:

BILLY.B
01-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Will you travel thousands of miles to be my crew chief? :cool: Anything for you Chiefy :D :D. How was CFW???.

Hud
01-02-2005, 02:24 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119Image051.JPG A little bit of everything, but mostly wet...C'mon!

Moneypitt
01-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Billy, it would appear that we agree that you have nothing to prove. So why the chalenge involving the PS boat?? I'm sure your river K is up to the task of running with most of the Ks currently involved in racing. I didn't start any type of comparisions involving you, or your boat. This is all about Ty's remarks and the idea that Tony wants to call him on it. How the 89 boat got involved I have no idea.....Unless Tony was using your name to add to the drama, citing your "phone call" from Needles to stir the pot a little more. If Burley will let you guys run, I think that is great...Burley without Ks just isn't the same as it use to be........And then we got this "cracker guy" to deal with!!!!!.........Lets get back to the original issue, can Ty out run Tony? On this subject I did say Tony better be on his game, cause that 70 boat runs...Legal SS er? I personally don't think so, but thats just my opinion. As I also said, I hope Tony can give him a sound thrashing to uphold the pride of the Ks................Ray...........

BILLY.B
01-02-2005, 02:52 PM
Billy, it would appear that we agree that you have nothing to prove. So why the chalenge involving the PS boat??. Unless Tony was using your name to add to the drama, citing your "phone call" from Needles to stir the pot a little more.................Ray........... Oh no I straight called you out :eek: :eek: . It was based on you wondering if the Needles guy's (me) could go for more then an 1/8 mile. For your info...the bridge at Needles to the point is a 1/4 mile as they used to run NDBA there in the old days. So I figure if you go from above the bridge to the mouth of the marina or past that even you have to be going at least a 1/2 mile or further. Now I know thats nothing compared to a SS or PS course but it's far enough to hang your nutts out without a whole lot of rescue stuff around, hence leaving ouir stuff on the trailer on a busy weekend. Thats why the Needles vacation is mainly during the week.

Moneypitt
01-02-2005, 03:29 PM
So your saying 5 laps, 1 mile each......runner bottoms for turn pins. :) As I said before the boats worked, the engine is scattered, and the driver is outa the seat for at least a season. :frown: ..........But somehow I will try to answer your call, maybe April, but without rescue it would be up to Mike and/or the driver. Safety first and all that.........Ray

Sanger D
01-02-2005, 05:25 PM
go billy go go,beerrrnnnerrrnererrr neerrrr go billy go go bbbeeeerrrrr nneeeerrrr nnerrrrr neerrrrr nneeeerrr, billy be goooood!!! are,nt I musicly talented?I,ll race any one for a beer.I win, you give me a beer. you win, you still give me a beer cause that wont be sayin much beatin me !!! I,m SLOOOOOWWWW.and you,ll think I earned it!!CCCC,,,MMMMMOOOONNNN :cry: :rollside:

Morg
01-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Its all good & its all in fun.
NOW GET IN THE PIT & TRY TO LOVE SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Berr nerr nerr nerr nerr nerr ne nerr Ber nerr nerr ne ne nerr
:D :D I crack myself up :D :D :hammer2:
I'm Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid morg

GofastRacer
01-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Yep!.. ;)

Roman 1
01-02-2005, 08:24 PM
NOW GET IN THE PIT & TRY TO LOVE SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Berr nerr nerr nerr nerr nerr ne nerr Ber nerr nerr ne ne nerr
:D :D I crack myself up :D :D :hammer2:
I'm Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid morg
You crack me up too capt. :D :D :D
R1

CircleJerk
01-02-2005, 11:25 PM
Oh no I straight called you out :eek: :eek: .
Hi Billy.....do I dare speak? I kind of like this Ray guy, he has guts to go toe to toe with all of you and still keep his composure, don't you think? Class act that Moneypit..........V-drive guys,,,,,some of the best in the neighborhood! Thanks for starting to wear your helmet Billy, (it keeps the cheeks from flopping at speed and the spit inside :jawdrop: ) it just wouldnt be the same here without you! Are you guys thinking of helmet restraints yet? I know we sure are.........and our third race is at the legendary, 'Black Lake'! We're excited and I'm still the jErK. :confused:

Moneypitt
01-03-2005, 05:38 PM
Hey CJ, you guys really coming to Burley to run???.......MP

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Well its confirmed....Ty has read this thread (a little canary from provo told me :D ).
Ty, jump on in the waters fine. :)
Video Jer

FlatStupid
01-03-2005, 06:52 PM
Hi Billy.....do I dare speak? I kind of like this Ray guy, he has guts to go toe to toe with all of you and still keep his composure, don't you think? Class act that Moneypit..........V-drive guys,,,,,some of the best in the neighborhood! Thanks for starting to wear your helmet Billy, (it keeps the cheeks from flopping at speed and the spit inside :jawdrop: ) it just wouldnt be the same here without you! Are you guys thinking of helmet restraints yet? I know we sure are.........and our third race is at the legendary, 'Black Lake'! We're excited and I'm still the jErK. :confused: Dearest Jerk! What's gettin into you? First you call out Guru(crazy) now your messin with B (nuts). By your own admission the Blonde could handle ya on most days. I'd just leave these dogs on the porch :idea: I'm sure you can get at least a couple of the other BSers! :p Good luck, :D :D :D Stupid

circleboatKIDD
01-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Jerr that was comfirmed on the first day of this thread, they must be a little slow in provo must be the snow. :cool:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Jerr that was comfirmed on the first day of this thread, they must be a little slow in provo must be the snow. :cool:
Was that you confirming that? If your spelling was a little more legible (like say tonight) maybe we would've got it. :D
Provo may be cold, but slow is not one of thier problems.
JG

circleboatKIDD
01-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Jerr
thats a good one chief. (what can i say I like my coors lights :D )

BILLY.B
01-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Was that you confirming that? If your spelling was a little more legible (like say tonight) maybe we would've got it. :D
Provo may be cold, but slow is not one of thier problems.
JG Jerry just to let you know....The teacher always said ( I before E except after C), but when spelling the word "THIER", it's supposed to be spelled "THEIR". Just to let you know CHIEF!!!! :hammer2: :D

BILLY.B
01-03-2005, 09:09 PM
As far as Wallet racing with the SS boats, who ever has the most money, wins! I'm tempted to build a SS motor just so I could tear down the you know whos.....IMO, they're cheating, big time..........MP..Ray Ray.....I had an interesting phone call from the engine builder of the SS-70 boat today ( Gordy). He said ( and i'm only repeating what he said to put out here to YOU) thats it's guys like you that spend more time on the computer picking ther A** instead of spending countless hours trying to get alittle more HP here and alittle more HP there and then get lapped by other boats that are even underclass men then what they've got out there on the race course that give the sport a bad name. He also said that the SS-70 has been torn down countless times this year because they are so fast. Now where do we go from here :) :). Just the messenger "B" :) :)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-03-2005, 09:15 PM
Jerry just to let you know....The teacher always said ( I before E except after C), but when spelling the word "THIER", it's supposed to be spelled "THEIR". Just to let you know CHIEF!!!! :hammer2: :D
In the immortal words of Brian Lynch...thanks, Billy "spelling" B. oh, and "right on!"
ps. at least I'm legible (I think). :hammerhea

ssmike
01-03-2005, 09:18 PM
In the immortal words of Brian Lynch...thanks, Billy "spelling" B. oh, and "right on!"
ps. at least I'm legible (I think). :hammerhea
Dang. That was nice.
JG, I for one appreciate the effort you put into each and every response, no matter which screen name you're (note: its not "your") (note: no ' in "its") using at the time...

the real k-boat king
01-03-2005, 10:19 PM
billy b. thanks for the post. I love the k boat
against the ss boat. It would be a tough race with ty and tony, any of the
other k boat guys would'nt have a chance. tony is the only guy that has heart to drive, he is fun to watch. maybe I and marlene will bring freedom
out with ty so we can see a real k boat race with ty and tony. as for the money pit guy must be one of those pro stock guys that can't beat any of
the super stock guys. We built a mild pro stock engine for burley with a bunch of old parts and we lapped everyone else in the class pitifull.
the pro stock guys should fell lucky we don't race with them all the time because they would never make the podium.

Moneypitt
01-03-2005, 10:22 PM
I stand by my statement about wallet racing. It could be said I am envyous of those that have the wallets to compete with the best of the best equipment. That would be true. I still feel that boat racing shouldn't be decided with wallets. As far as lapped by underclassmen,(I guess he means SS ers), I think that only happened at Burley, although I'm not sure. I am well aware that the SS70 boat can, and has, beaten every Pro Stock boat at one time or another. And I've stated here several times that Tony and team better be on, cause Ty will be.....As far as the legality of the 70 engine(s), the rules have changed so much since SSRA started that I quite honestly don't know what is legal and what is not in SS racing. Faster hulls, thinner prop shafts, roller rockers, aftermarket heads, roller cam valve springs, are just some of the things that have changed a great deal. But, look at what started this thread to begin with! Ty, in the SS70 wanting to run with the Ks! Tony responding to that challenge with a BLOWN 500 incher, (or close). How can that 427, single 4 brl, flat tappet camshaft, outa the box headed, outa the box intake, coil powered ignition, etc, etc, actually hope to compete with the Ks that have hardly any engine restrictions, And be legal in Super Stock????? What are the horse power possibilities between those two engines? And if Ty can in fact run with the Ks, not necessarilly win, but be competitive, how can the SS er be a legal SS er? And if it is, then the K Guri ( is that plural for gurus), better go back to the drawing boards. Ty is not the only hauling SS er, several others are right there with him. Gordy, I meant nothing personal towards you, and if the occasion ever came that I had anything to say to you, or about you, you can bet it would be face to face in a respectable manner.........Ray

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-03-2005, 11:02 PM
other k boat guys would'nt have a chance. tony is the only guy that has heart to drive, he is fun to watch. maybe I and marlene will bring freedom
out with ty so we can see a real k boat race with ty and tony. as for the money pit guy must be one of those pro stock guys that can't beat any of
the super stock guys. We built a mild pro stock engine for burley with a bunch of old parts and we lapped everyone else in the class pitifull.
the pro stock guys should fell lucky we don't race with them all the time because they would never make the podium.
Hey Gordo,
Its about time you chimed in here! :smile: Are you talking while Katie or Dave is running the computer? :D You weren't born in 69 :rollside:
Jerry :cool:

wsuwrhr
01-03-2005, 11:05 PM
Dang. That was nice.
JG, I for one appreciate the effort you put into each and every response, no matter which screen name you're (note: its not "your") (note: no ' in "its") using at the time...
You no speaka da spanish here?
Brian :confused: :confused: :confused:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-03-2005, 11:17 PM
How can that 427, single 4 brl, flat tappet camshaft, outa the box headed, outa the box intake, coil powered ignition, etc, etc, actually hope to compete with the Ks that have hardly any engine restrictions........Ray
Its simple Ray, the k boat isn't achieving its full potential be it from a drivers lack of ability or experience. The top ss guys are at the top of their game and run the ragged edge of what those boats are capable of.
In the end, its not the fastest straightaway speed that wins, its the fastest time around the entire course.
With Tonys superior straightaway speed he would hope for a longer straight to make up for Ty's superior turning. Also keep in mind that Ty will set the boat flawlessly off every turn and carry more speed through it. Tony has to wrestle with the K power and will not be perfect (every time) setting the boat.
Julian used to beat the K's in an ss boat back in the 70's, I'm suprised you don't remember that.
Jerry

CircleJerk
01-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Dearest Jerk! What's gettin into you? First you call out Guru(crazy) :p Good luck, :D :D :D Stupid
Hey Flat_______ :mix: ..........dont live up to your handle, like I do.......I called out the Cracker dude! and the Blonde can beat me but not with a v-drive! (sssshhhhssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,I'm trying to build up her self esteem!) Mr. Stupid really!

CircleJerk
01-04-2005, 12:41 AM
Hey Gordo,
Its about time you chimed in here! :smile: Are you talking while Katie or Dave is running the computer? :D You weren't born in 69 :rollside:
Jerry :cool:
The REAL K Boat KING!!!! Wow :D Can you imagine that some day when you least expect it,,,,,,the REAL jErK will appear?! (and its not me) :D Nice catch Jerry! this could get better and better and.....................

BILLY.B
01-04-2005, 07:29 AM
against the ss boat. It would be a tough race with me against tony, any of the
other k boat guys would'nt have a chance. tony is the only guy that has heart to drive, he is fun to watch, but i'm way more fun to watch maybe gordy and marlene will bring freedom
out so we can see a real k boat race with tony. as for the money pit guy must be one of those pro stock guys that can't beat any of
the super stock guys. We had a mild pro stock engine for burley with a bunch of old parts and we lapped everyone else in the class pitifull.
the pro stock guys should fell lucky we don't race with them all the time because they would never make the podium. Jerry you better look again at this post. I don't think it's Gordy I think it's Ty already self proclaiming himself as the "KING". :D :D :D Wait till Gordy see's this, he won't be a happy camper :cry: :D

sneed
01-04-2005, 08:08 AM
Whos Gordy?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-04-2005, 09:06 AM
Jerry you better look again at this post. I don't think it's Gordy I think it's Ty already self proclaiming himself as the "KING". :D :D :D Wait till Gordy see's this, he won't be a happy camper :cry: :D
Ty, has proven to be skeered to post, I don't think its him. I think its either Bill, Dave, sneed or Gordy with someone else operating the key board. Whoever it is, they claim to be 35 years old in their profile. :D

Jetboatguru
01-04-2005, 09:08 AM
Gordy, glad you joined in!!
I kinda already put dibs on you being in our corner for the big race. Now this may put a strain on your and Ty's friendship but it will just be for this race. :cool: :cool:

CircleJerk
01-04-2005, 09:41 AM
billy b. for the love. , . , is fun to watch a real boat race..
Jerry, where's your manners?? Welcome Mr. King to these here boards, (if you are a newbie) the forum is usually an interesting break from winter chores and often a real HOOT.....(if you're into entertainment) What I have noticed in the last three years is a renued interest in circle and drag v-drives and those who want to yak about them.....(it's a real source of tech info) Often, guys and gals found here seem to show up at the races, either behind the wheel or amoung the spectators! This is good,,,,,,,no? Welcome to 'net' hard left turns! The rOyAljErKnHein :rollside:

V-DRIVES RULE
01-04-2005, 11:15 AM
K-BOAT KING can i have your autograph i want to put it on EBAY?????? make sure you sign it ''Jet Boat GURU'' thanks in advance.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Just off the phone with the k boat King of speed. Thats definately him posting. :cool:
Jer

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-04-2005, 11:57 AM
Jerry, where's your manners?? Welcome Mr. King to these here boards, (if you are a newbie) the forum is usually an interesting break from winter chores and often a real HOOT.....(if you're into entertainment) What I have noticed in the last three years is a renued interest in circle and drag v-drives and those who want to yak about them.....(it's a real source of tech info) Often, guys and gals found here seem to show up at the races, either behind the wheel or amoung the spectators! This is good,,,,,,,no? Welcome to 'net' hard left turns! The rOyAljErKnHein :rollside:
CJ, Gordy isn't new to the boards, just new to posting...
Boyd, you think the renewed interest only goes back 3 years? I think it goes back to 95 when the Preacher talked Lynch into starting a club.
Jer :smile:

grumpy501
01-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Good news, there is a rumor that Ty has jumped ship and will be driving the 501 boat next year :D

sgdiv7
01-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Ray.....I had an interesting phone call from the engine builder of the SS-70 boat today ( Gordy). He said ( and i'm only repeating what he said to put out here to YOU) thats it's guys like you that spend more time on the computer picking ther A** instead of spending countless hours trying to get alittle more HP here and alittle more HP there and then get lapped by other boats that are even underclass men then what they've got out there on the race course that give the sport a bad name. He also said that the SS-70 has been torn down countless times this year because they are so fast. Now where do we go from here :) :). Just the messenger "B" :) :)
Torn down countless times??? WHEN??? I've been to several of the races just this past year and never saw anyone torn down. I definately would heard about it. All the "A" main boats are definately not built to the SS specs.... the "B" main boats are the legal guys out there and you'll notice they consistently get their asses handed to them. :argue:
With Ty's non-legal Super Stock..... I'll put $20 on him.... Guru can't handle the corners and if a boat gets near him he freaks out and can't keep the boat in the water! :rollside:

superdave013
01-04-2005, 12:27 PM
Guru can't handle the corners and if a boat gets near him he freaks out and can't keep the boat in the water! :rollside:
Are you sure he's not just trying to bunny hop the slow guy?? lol

uclahater
01-04-2005, 12:31 PM
I stand by my statement about wallet racing. It could be said I am envyous of those that have the wallets to compete with the best of the best equipment. That would be true. I still feel that boat racing shouldn't be decided with wallets. As far as lapped by underclassmen,(I guess he means SS ers), I think that only happened at Burley, although I'm not sure. I am well aware that the SS70 boat can, and has, beaten every Pro Stock boat at one time or another. And I've stated here several times that Tony and team better be on, cause Ty will be.....As far as the legality of the 70 engine(s), the rules have changed so much since SSRA started that I quite honestly don't know what is legal and what is not in SS racing. Faster hulls, thinner prop shafts, roller rockers, aftermarket heads, roller cam valve springs, are just some of the things that have changed a great deal. But, look at what started this thread to begin with! Ty, in the SS70 wanting to run with the Ks! Tony responding to that challenge with a BLOWN 500 incher, (or close). How can that 427, single 4 brl, flat tappet camshaft, outa the box headed, outa the box intake, coil powered ignition, etc, etc, actually hope to compete with the Ks that have hardly any engine restrictions, And be legal in Super Stock????? What are the horse power possibilities between those two engines? And if Ty can in fact run with the Ks, not necessarilly win, but be competitive, how can the SS er be a legal SS er? And if it is, then the K Guri ( is that plural for gurus), better go back to the drawing boards. Ty is not the only hauling SS er, several others are right there with him. Gordy, I meant nothing personal towards you, and if the occasion ever came that I had anything to say to you, or about you, you can bet it would be face to face in a respectable manner.........Ray
Ray
You flat out said that Pfaff, and Bud Gilbert were Cheating :mad: The kid called you out on it :jawdrop:
Why is it that the top guys just cant get the credit they deserve for their time, expertise, and yes money they put into it :confused:
I've watched Bill Faulkner, and Gordy for years, and IMO they are the 2 sharpest guys in the sport. Bill logs down tons of information, and keeps logs of everything they do :cool: I've watched every SS team out there, and none put the effort that they do.
I believe that the results are from hard work, time, and yes money. They've paid their dues in this sport, and that is why their on top :cool: NOT BECAUSE OF CHEATING :mad:
I've been at races where I've seen them tear them down, and measure for cubic inches. The tool was a big cylinder that I believe measured the size of the cylinders, but I could be wrong :confused:
You have been called out by Billy B because of your comments made about him only doing short runs.
You've been shut down by the King because you've insulted his business ethics.
I would think being in racing, and having only a small budget, like myself that you would try to make as few enemies as possible.
As I have prepared my boat Billy, Gordy, Faulkners, Newtons, and all the other racers have done nothing, but try to help me out in any way they could. I personally dont agree with you on one thing you've posted that has been negative, and if I were you Id be real careful about talking shit about engine builders that make their living off of what they do.
Just my .02
The Hater
Jim Griffin
P.S. Long Course = Tony Win
Short Course = Ty win

uclahater
01-04-2005, 12:37 PM
Torn down countless times??? WHEN??? I've been to several of the races just this past year and never saw anyone torn down. I definately would heard about it. All the "A" main boats are definately not built to the SS specs.... the "B" main boats are the legal guys out there and you'll notice they consistently get their asses handed to them. :argue:
With Ty's non-legal Super Stock..... I'll put $20 on him.... Guru can't handle the corners and if a boat gets near him he freaks out and can't keep the boat in the water! :rollside:
What race were you at where someone was close to him :hammerhea In San Diego Tony manageed to take the win with a broken cavatation plate that wasnt discoverd till the second round at phoenix :argue: Thanks to Billy B it was fixed, and after that there was no one even close :220v: :crossx:
Tony has had help from Gordy, Dave Rankin, Bubby Wilton, and Julian Pedingale. IM impressed with Tonys ability to apply what hes been taught by these guys in such a short time :wink:
I'll match your 20, and the kids 1,000 on Tony on the long course :2purples: :2purples:
Hater

CircleJerk
01-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Hey Jim, you been eating sweets lately? You've been so nice lately, is that a silicone job??? someone shot my rabbit with the ears.....
Tony, you sure know how to stir up the gang (hornets)! This sure beats a trip to the cold shop! (better and better....)

lucky
01-04-2005, 12:57 PM
What race were you at where someone was close to him :hammerhea In San Diego Tony manageed to take the win with a broken cavatation plate that wasnt discoverd till the second round at phoenix :argue: Thanks to Billy B it was fixed, and after that there was no one even close :220v: :crossx:
Tony has had help from Gordy, Dave Rankin, Bubby Wilton, and Julian Pedingale. IM impressed with Tonys ability to apply what hes been taught by these guys in such a short time :wink:
I'll match your 20, and the kids 1,000 on Tony on the long course :2purples: :2purples:
Hater
where in the hell have you been ? tired of fockin with me lol

dossangers
01-04-2005, 01:15 PM
the pro stock guys should fell lucky we don't race with them all the time because they would never make the podium.was as pitifull as the PHOENIX K race? i would like to see gordy back out with the 69 boat with the NEEDLES K-RACING ASSOCIATION."NKRA"

lucky
01-04-2005, 02:27 PM
ya know screw ya all - come on up to clearlake - i'll take ya - me and my partner -- toney - look and learn bro

NitroMan
01-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Wow, Duff Dailey posting on our boards! Welcome Duff! When did you buy freedom? I thought Samma Thompson owned that boat :confused:

Roman 1
01-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Everyone knows the true King of K's is Bob Goettal and George Nordling is right behind him :cool:
Roman

V-DRIVES RULE
01-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Everyone knows the true King of K's is Bob Goettal and George Nordling is right behind him :cool:
RomanWRONG there TONTO everybody knows its CLYDE ''maddog MORGAN'' in the NASTIEST NEWS

Moneypitt
01-04-2005, 05:44 PM
Okay, maybe my comments about the 70 boat being illegal were just a little out of line. Although this thread has had a great deal of bickering, it is/was all started in fun. My statements have ruffled enough feathers, getting responses from several people that seem to feel I have somehow insulted them. I think that some of the remarks directed towards me have also been a little below the belt. It is difficult to take abuse from people that you respect, and I respect all the racers, past and present. I will not lose my self respect for what I have accomplished, as I have done the best I could with what I was dealt. No one can insult me enough to take that away........
Racing isn't always pretty, or rewarding........but its racing............Ray

Prime 8780
01-04-2005, 06:19 PM
I'm wondering, who is Gordy?

sneed
01-04-2005, 06:26 PM
I found out today that he is the little short guy who sweeps the floor down at pfaffs.

Rexone
01-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Amazing how many K boat kings have emerged lately :D
maybe someone should start a poll :eek:

77dually
01-04-2005, 06:38 PM
This has been tried before and the k boats wouldn't come out and play . I do believe that Jamie Jamison called out Gottel when he had the eye of the tiger boat :boxed:

Prime 8780
01-04-2005, 06:55 PM
I found out today that he is the little short guy who sweeps the floor down at phaffs.
What's Phaff's?

Jetboatguru
01-04-2005, 07:01 PM
I'll take that bet SGdiv7, as a matter of fact why don't you really step on the gas and throw in another thousand to the original purse. this would make it 3 thousand with Ty,s 1K Kids 1K and Yours I will match with a grand of my own. This makes 4 grand. Are you in? :supp:

Moneypitt
01-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Pfaff.........

BILLY.B
01-04-2005, 07:06 PM
I'll take that bet SGdiv7, as a matter of fact why don't you really step on the gas and throw in another thousand to the original purse. this would make it 3 thousand with Ty,s 1K Kids 1K and Yours I will match with a grand of my own. This makes 5 grand. Are you in? :supp:UM GURU, I think you mean $4000.00, unless you want to count on YOU-TE and his side kick HANSON to pay you after you kick there ass also.

Jetboatguru
01-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Thanks Billy, I counted my little toe twice. :D
Billy B, always watchin my back!!

circleboatKIDD
01-04-2005, 07:14 PM
so what course are u running Mr.Guru or will we have to wait for the descision in Phx., make it a race day descision :idea:

Jetboatguru
01-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Long course!! You must piss standing up to run this course!! :D :D
This is for the varsity team not the JV bunch. Remember we get Gordy.

Sangerboy
01-04-2005, 07:20 PM
After reading and following this thread for a few days, I have come to an undeniable conclusion...................We are definately into the deep heart of midwinter :p :messedup:

V-DRIVES RULE
01-04-2005, 07:26 PM
Long course!! You must piss standing up to run this course!! :D :D
This is for the varsity team not the JV bunch. Remember we get Gordy.I thought hes on RETAINER for the faulkners? and how much are one of those PfAFF jackets?????

sgdiv7
01-04-2005, 07:44 PM
I'll take that bet SGdiv7, as a matter of fact why don't you really step on the gas and throw in another thousand to the original purse. this would make it 3 thousand with Ty,s 1K Kids 1K and Yours I will match with a grand of my own. This makes 4 grand. Are you in? :supp:
Ok, put me down for 1K on TY to win if you run the corse that the SS boats run. You should have all the HP you need to run circles around the ss boats right???
Long corse would be pissing away money for me. I would rather give it to your crew chief as a bribe so I can get my boat from him so I can go play in Neddles at the end of April.

Jetboatguru
01-04-2005, 07:56 PM
I am admitting defeat to Ty on the SS course. But it is nice of you to go out on a limb with the bet. :cool:
I have plenty of horsey power. I just have to get my crew chief to cut loose with it!

the real k-boat king
01-04-2005, 08:06 PM
snead i didn't know you got a hall pass, I heard you were the reciever when
you were out of town for a year or so. it seems like people are a little
jealous of others that have done something others will never be able to do.
9 world records 8 world championships 3 time hall of champion. we all have
egos but when people talk about k-boats the jennings have ruled the water.
and who is prime 8780 some new wanaby. probably never raced a boat in his life.

Jetboatguru
01-04-2005, 08:09 PM
The boss is here!!!

sneed
01-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Pookie I Would Never Cheat On You!

the real k-boat king
01-04-2005, 08:22 PM
snead my wife is getting jealous but just remember I'am the giver your the reciever.

The Real Kboat God
01-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Who the hell are you?

Stab-n-Steer
01-04-2005, 08:55 PM
Hey Flat_______ :mix: ..........dont live up to your handle, like I do.......I called out the Cracker dude! and the Blonde can beat me but not with a v-drive! (sssshhhhssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,I'm trying to build up her self esteem!) Mr. Stupid really!
Jerk,
You're on Buddy! Do we have to run under Nostalgia rules (yawn) or can we really race??? I will even do it with a passenger! :eek: Don't base what a Cracker can do on what you might have seen from some of the Washington Crackers... Come down south and you be play'in with the big boys!
:crossx:
S&S

FlatStupid
01-04-2005, 09:33 PM
The boss is here!!! THE King and the boss !!! are here!! bEAT BB AND gURRU AND iLL BUY GAS OR WHATEVERER for the boff of the ya! Whateveever! :D :hammer2:

CircleJerk
01-04-2005, 10:54 PM
THE King and the boss !!! are here!! bEAT BB AND gURRU AND iLL BUY GAS OR WHATEVERER for the boff of the ya! Whateveever! :D :hammer2:
That's a flat stupid post!

CircleJerk
01-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Jerk,
You're on Buddy! Do we have to run under Nostalgia rules (yawn) or can we really race??? I will even do it with a passenger! :eek: Don't base what a Cracker can do on what you might have seen from some of the Washington Crackers... Come down south and you be play'in with the big boys!
:crossx:
S&S
Stabster, Ok, but dont bring no boat with a stupid name, like stackercracker or crumycracker, you know what I mean, I cant laugh and drive at the same time! And forget the passenger, they are not allowed in Nostalgia and dont worry about the speed, you cant hit 80 anyway :D Dont get me wrong, I like crackers,,,,,,,,,,just ate some with my pea soup! MMMMMM Hey, arent you just the mechanic? OH crew dash! :D

Terminal Velocity
01-05-2005, 07:46 AM
what about a course in between the long and short?

superdave013
01-05-2005, 07:56 AM
Stabster, Ok, but dont bring no boat with a stupid name, like stackercracker or crumycracker, you know what I mean, I cant laugh and drive at the same time! And forget the passenger, they are not allowed in Nostalgia and dont worry about the speed, you cant hit 80 anyway :D Dont get me wrong, I like crackers,,,,,,,,,,just ate some with my pea soup! MMMMMM Hey, arent you just the mechanic? OH crew dash! :D
I've got $100 on Stab-n-Steer driving and whooping up on CircleJerk. Anyone what to take the other side of this one?

dossangers
01-05-2005, 08:41 AM
snead i didn't know you got a hall pass, I heard you were the reciever when
you were out of town for a year or so. it seems like people are a little
jealous of others that have done something others will never be able to do.
9 world records 8 world championships 3 time hall of champion. we all have
egos but when people talk about k-boats the jennings have ruled the water.
and who is prime 8780 some new wanaby. probably never raced a boat in his life.Im just happy to be a PAWN in the KINGS court!!!!! lmao.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-05-2005, 08:52 AM
I've got $100 on Stab-n-Steer driving and whooping up on CircleJerk. Anyone what to take the other side of this one?
I'll take CJ but your gonna have to give me some distance...lets say 3/4's of a lap. :p

superdave013
01-05-2005, 09:09 AM
I'll take CJ but your gonna have to give me some distance...lets say 3/4's of a lap. :p
Oh yeah right, I bet you want him to get the move too!
This ain't street racing pal, heads up! :) Even though I might give 1/2 a lap. :p

Stab-n-Steer
01-05-2005, 10:44 AM
Jerk,
Did all that rain up there rust your brain? :confused: I know it rotted your hair! :idea: Our boat is "Pandora's Box", and don't even try to open it! :devil:
JUST the mechanic??? Yeah I am the mechanic, motor guy, PR person and cheif cook and bottle washer. This year I graduated to Driver as well. :rollside: We had some mechanical problems, but still managed to win three finals this year... 80? Yeah right! :yuk: We back the trailer down the ramp faster than that! I am sure we can handle your Nostie with the old school bus motor in it, full of STP... I bet you even have a 3/4 race cam in that baby! :p
I tell you what, to give you a chance, I will even race you in our other boat, a 1956 Wood Wickens!
S&S

WaterBox
01-05-2005, 10:56 AM
Who the hell are you?
WOW!!! LOOK AT THIS, JULIAN PETTENGILL HAS JUST ENTERED THE ROOM...... :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: And it's his very first post.. :D Straighten them all out Julian.. :wink:

superdave013
01-05-2005, 11:14 AM
I tell you what, to give you a chance, I will even race you in our other boat, a 1956 Wood Wickens!
S&S
That termite rig better be fast. I've got money on you and I don't wanna loose to some camera dude!! :D
This thread is better then any smack talking street race I've ever been to. Well....close to it anyway.

dossangers
01-05-2005, 11:17 AM
For the record the correct spelling isPETTENGILL

superdave013
01-05-2005, 11:24 AM
Nice delete and re-post there cheif! :rolleyes:

dossangers
01-05-2005, 11:28 AM
Whach You Tak'in Bout Willis???????????????

Stab-n-Steer
01-05-2005, 11:36 AM
That termite rig better be fast. I've got money on you and I don't wanna loose to some camera dude!! :D
This thread is better then any smack talking street race I've ever been to. Well....close to it anyway.
Not to worry SD, we got those termites holding hands real well plus we have a new "night" motor going in it as we speak... The Jerk will never know what hit him :eat:
S&S

WaterBox
01-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Thank's Wayne, :smile: I wasn't sure how it was spelled, So I went back through some previous posts and found it there. Guess they spelled it wrong to.. :yuk:

Stab-n-Steer
01-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Ty, has proven to be skeered to post, I don't think its him. :D
Yeah, that's not all he's skeered of... Last year in San Diego, he accepted an offer to ride with Amy Ross in the P-96, "California Girls" Cracker. At the last minute he chickened out, saying "he didn't want to get hurt" :cry:
So at the last minute, yours truly had to scramble getting my gear on, as we're backing down the ramp, so Amy could make the final.
S&S

Rexone
01-05-2005, 01:05 PM
WOW!!! LOOK AT THIS, JULIAN PETTENGILL HAS JUST ENTERED THE ROOM...... :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: And it's his very first post.. :D Straighten them all out Julian.. :wink:
I was gonna post that yesterday but I figured I'd just piss folks off. But now that you did it first.... :smile:
It would be interesting to see Julian in the old green boat racing again and lapping everyone :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
there that should get a reaction from all the kings

WaterBox
01-05-2005, 02:24 PM
I was gonna post that yesterday but I figured I'd just piss folks off. But now that you did it first.... :smile:
It would be interesting to see Julian in the old green boat racing again and lapping everyone :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
there that should get a reaction from all the kings
All most missed the small print Rexone. was that a whisper or what. :rolleyes: But yes, it would be good to see the ol-boy come back. I wounder .If there was a K-IROC series of past, and present, who would come out on top. Some of the drivers would have to be.
Julian P. of corse
Gordy J.
Lance F. Rest his soul
Bob G.
Ron B.
Tony S. For the present day, and rookie right's.
Im sure there are some names I've missed, But you get the idea. :D

Roman 1
01-05-2005, 03:44 PM
All most missed the small print Rexone. was that a whisper or what. :rolleyes: But yes, it would be good to see the ol-boy come back. I wounder .If there was a K-IROC series of past, and present, who would come out on top. Some of the drivers would have to be.
Julian P. of corse
Gordy J.
Lance F. Rest his soul
Bob G.
Ron B.
Tony S. For the present day, and rookie right's.
Im sure there are some names I've missed, But you get the idea. :D
What about ....
Stratton
Padgett
George Woods Jr.
Nordling
Fluent
Leach
Whittington
:confused: :confused: :D
R1

NitroMan
01-05-2005, 06:15 PM
What about ....
Stratton
Padgett
George Woods Jr.
Nordling
Fluent
Leach
Whittington
R1
BS...
The best K boat drivers of all time...bar none-
Duff Dailey
Mike Allen
Paul Fitzgerald
Paul Grichar
Bob Bode
in that order :yuk:

worlds fastest,revenge boats
01-05-2005, 06:30 PM
dont for get
ron obrien ,johnny lighting,butch bowers,wendell page,mike neutz,harry and jeff christenson,duff daily,bob bode,john grijalva,victor roth,the guthries the HART BROS,roger glover,larry dahlhoff,paul grichar,and many more plus the new blood of jim bandlin and cory monson :

Kindsvater Flat
01-05-2005, 07:03 PM
These are the BEST K driver ever in the history of racing.
Gordon Sr
Julian
Phil Bergeron
Ron Bolton
George McDoughal
Larry Hamilton

WaterBox
01-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Yes there has been many K-Boat drivers, and alot of very good one's. But the IROC race that I was refering to havings was between the ones that has portrayed themselves, as the KING, or has been portrayed by others as being the KING. Which cuts the list down to probably one heat. :rolleyes:

biesemeyer34
01-06-2005, 04:22 AM
Stab and steer, you don't have to worry about boyd (Jerk), his flatbottom lavey takes a set about as good as a cracker. If you do come up here to spank our backyard racers I'd like a piece of your transom. You must have your old wood deck with the six cylinder perkins diesel school bus engine tho. Congratulations to the Southern California Trojan Football team-- Go Hater. Jimmy D.

MAXIMUS
01-06-2005, 07:08 AM
BS...
The best K boat driver of all time...bar none-
Paul Grichar
in that order :yuk:
I would agree...

BILLY.B
01-06-2005, 07:18 AM
What about ....
Stratton
Padgett
George Woods Jr.
Nordling
Fluent
Leach
Whittington
R1 This is a K-BOAT driver thread not a SS driver thread :rollside:

BILLY.B
01-06-2005, 07:23 AM
These are the BEST K driver ever in the history of racing.
Gordon Sr
Julian
Phil Bergeron
Ron Bolton
George McDoughal
Larry Hamilton C'MON farmer John you never new what a K-boat was up until a couple of years ago. Quit posting for other people :D

BILLY.B
01-06-2005, 07:40 AM
I know that this thread was started in fun to call Ty out and has somehow turned into who the greastest (K) drivers are. Tony and I had this conversation yesterday and it could be argued for ever and it's all based on your opinion and loyality. I think it's broke down in era's.
70's....Julian Pettengill, Gordy Sr.
80's....Bob G.,George Nordling.
90's. The self proclaimed KING himself Gordy. Now somewhere in the 80's and 90's Duff Dailey comes into this elite group. Duff has been driving every style of flatbottom and GN since he was old enough to push a gas peddle.
2005. Guru has a lock on this at this time. It could change but you'd better not be scared to push the throttle down if you want to catch him.

Sanger D
01-06-2005, 08:53 AM
I grew up in sprint boat racing,and I remember bob long NEVER being beat for a very long time but of course every dog has his day.boyd SR and bob where setting up championship boats for a long time.alot of there knowledge is why some of these guys are driving the way there driving.Show just a little respect for the has beens!!!,even thuogh alot of you guys can,t stand the thought of bob being on your lists :jawdrop: BUT today,tonester has all you wanna be racers beat!!! that boy is seriuosly stompin the shit out the K boat class,I,m sure thers some of you guys out there that can drive prof.lly but you,d better have your nuts clicked on to over size mode and keep the gas mashed cause thats the ONLY way your gonna catch that crazy mo fo. For now ,I,d put my coin on guru, you,d be smart to do the same!!!!! :hammer2:
Sanger D

126driver
01-06-2005, 09:00 AM
I have the official JBG shirt. He's my hero. :)

Sanger D
01-06-2005, 09:02 AM
By the way what are the burley race dates? would,nt mind showing up for some moral support,( morally challenged anyway) but support none the less!!
Sanger D :D

Stab-n-Steer
01-06-2005, 09:14 AM
By the way what are the burley race dates? would,nt mind showing up for some moral support,( morally challenged anyway) but support none the less!!
Sanger D :D
June 24-26th. Not to be missed!
S&S

dossangers
01-06-2005, 09:16 AM
Whats next TONY on the today program with Matt lower! "so tony whats it like to walk in the KINGS shoe's? you surely are the class of the field does your helmet still FIT?" you sure talk alotta smack! "oh TY NEWTONS on the phone, " Tony when you take your training wheels off lets talk! you look like your trying to back an 18 wheeler in around the corners SLOW and SLOW you should have been an airline pilot cause you spend alotta time in the AIR! Bring it on big boy!!!!!!!! LMAO and LOL !!!! :D :D :D

CircleJerk
01-06-2005, 11:19 AM
This post is why BB carries so much weight into the turns!! Right on Billy.....my .02 :)
I know that this thread was started in fun to call Ty out and has somehow turned into who the greastest (K) drivers are. Tony and I had this conversation yesterday and it could be argued for ever and it's all based on your opinion and loyality. I think it's broke down in era's.
70's....Julian Pettengill, Gordy Sr.
80's....Bob G.,George Nordling.
90's. The self proclaimed KING himself Gordy. Now somewhere in the 80's and 90's Duff Dailey comes into this elite group. Duff has been driving every style of flatbottom and GN since he was old enough to push a gas peddle.
2005. Guru has a lock on this at this time. It could change but you'd better not be scared to push the throttle down if you want to catch him.

CircleJerk
01-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Stab and steer, you have to worry about boyd (Jerk), his flatbottom lavey is about as good as a cracker. :rollside: If you do come up here to spank our backyard racers I'd like a piece of you. :squiggle: You must have your old wood deck with the six cylinder perkins diesel school bus engine tho. :cry: Congratulations to the Southern California Trojan Football team-- Go Hater. :notam: Jimmy D.
Ya, this about sums it up........hey sneaky dude Jimmy, this is a K boat thread! Got one of those????

WILDERTHANU
01-06-2005, 11:44 AM
WHAT ABOUT CHUCK BOYD?????????? :idea: EVEN THOUGH HE DIDNT DRIVE....A BIG PLAYER...

NitroMan
01-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Ya Ya Ya, you guys talk like this Tony is the second coming... :rolleyes: Maybe he's champ on the west coast but back east he would be like a guppy in the shark tank. Duff is king....

Kindsvater Flat
01-06-2005, 05:26 PM
C'MON farmer John you never new what a K-boat was up until a couple of years ago. Quit posting for other people :D
C'mon Chief!!! Don't you remember the Green Dragon? It had one of the spare hemi's that we used in our bean harvester. To bad we stacked it up at the nationals at Castaic. Wings don't belong on K-Boats.
BTW I was never happy with the idea of you stealing Stevie Smith's number.:D

NitroMan
01-06-2005, 05:57 PM
WHAT ABOUT CHUCK BOYD?????????? :idea: EVEN THOUGH HE DIDNT DRIVE....A BIG PLAYER...
No shit huh! The Chicks at his nightclub were bangin!

Sanger D
01-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Thanks S&S for the dates info. deffin. gonna try to pull that trip off.Yes boyd was a major player and a hell of a nice guy,"to my family anyways" and I remember in the 70,s no one could touch BOB in the K RACING RUNABOUT class.I only saw him get beat once in long beach and thats when he turned over the sanger in turn 2.Ino some of you don,t like him by comments I,ve heard,but he was still a frickin balls out k boat driver none the less.That was then,this is now,hes driven a big rig these days, Chucks pretty much lost his eyes,dont know why boyd JR never started runnin his dads hobbits,man I sure would have if given the chance.Just hope tonester does,nt get too nutzo in that runabout.But ya gotta admit,!! he,s stabbin the hell outta that gas peddle,CCC,MON!! :jawdrop:.Hes fun to watch, but I pray for ALL of us, that we,d be o.k in this crazy frickin habit that we have( hurdling our bodys across the water at insane speeds) we probly all need our noggins checked :rollside: .BTW has anybody ever heard of a dude named Lioyd marschall orglenn davis from SCSC.? Sanger D

WILDERTHANU
01-06-2005, 06:37 PM
No shit huh! The Chicks at his nightclub were bangin!
LOL...THE "HOBBIT" NIGHT CLUB ON WASHINGTON AND BLUFF RD...NICE!!

Matthew
01-06-2005, 07:20 PM
My cousin (Heath Culp) was fair K driver. IMO

bunny 166
01-06-2005, 07:33 PM
Gordy, Gordy, he's my man.....if he can't do it no one can...!!!!!! :p :p :p Just my .02 ;) Hi to Mr Prime, also...You're the best and Darrin and I appreciate all you are doing for us.... ;)

dossangers
01-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Gordy, Gordy, he's my man.....if he can't do it no one can...!!!!!! :p :p :p Just my .02 ;) Hi to Mr Prime, also...You're the best and Darrin and I appreciate all you are doing for us.... ;)THOSE PFAFF GUYS GET ALL THE HOT CHICKS!!!

bunny 166
01-06-2005, 08:09 PM
THOSE PFAFF GUYS GET ALL THE HOT CHICKS!!!
You're right.....Katie is a TOTAL HOTTIE!!!! :p :p :p

NitroMan
01-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Ask Heath if he remembers getting his ass handed to him by my cousin...Harry Wingard! :idea: :D

the real k-boat king
01-06-2005, 09:19 PM
nitro man, you've been driking your bath water too much. you sure are stirring up a bunch of crap. you must be chuck kraft, the personality fits.
and man those pfaff guys do have all the pit crew hotties. also nitro man you drive like chuck too, and hay billy b you are the only one in this thread that has any common sense, ((((go vale))) hay nitro man are you sleeping with larry hamilton, your a cute couple. don't forget about lance faulkner being one of the top k boys

bunny 166
01-06-2005, 09:33 PM
nitro man, you've been driking your bath water too much. you sure are stirring up a bunch of crap. you must be chuck kraft, the personality fits.
and man those pfaff guys do have all the pit crew hotties. also nitro man you drive like chuck too, and hay billy b you are the only one in this thread that has any common sense, ((((go vale))) hay nitro man are you sleeping with larry hamilton, your a cute couple. don't forget about lance faulkner being one of the top k boys
Hey king--you're getting a little wound up over there... :p :p You know no one compares to you and Lance...don't worry your sweet little head about these guys!! They don't know what they're talking about.... ;) Love, Bunny, the self-proclaimed cheerleader for all things Pfaff :D

Kindsvater Flat
01-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Some people think they're number 1 :rolleyes: :D
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/vdvneedles/images/Grabbed%20Frame%2029.jpg

NitroMan
01-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Why you gotta be comin down on me like that? I think your pretty good. In his day, Chuck K wasn't too bad either. :D

Matthew
01-07-2005, 12:58 AM
I still think my cousins better than your cousin Jack Ass!

BILLY.B
01-07-2005, 05:36 AM
C'mon Chief!!! Don't you remember the Green Dragon? It had one of the spare hemi's that we used in our bean harvester. To bad we stacked it up at the nationals at Castaic. Wings don't belong on K-Boats.
BTW I was never happy with the idea of you stealing Stevie Smith's number.:D NO YOU C'MON CHIEF!!!.
#1. No wonder the Green Dragon ran like a "John Deere". Was more like a tractor puller then a "K" boat. I do remember that boat out of Washington, and was driven by a guy named Butch Bowers I believe. Always thought it looked cool even if I never saw it haul the mail.
#2. Better do your homework big guy!!!!. Stevie Smith never had the K-11 just drove it. That # belonged to Vic Van Ella ( Sanger named "ONI"), then went to Bud Burnett ( Biesemeyer named the " THE FORCE"), then to me. Go back out and plow some rice and oh yeah......Pick up an old issue of Vapor Trails so you know what your talking about. :rollside:

BILLY.B
01-07-2005, 05:43 AM
Some people think they're number 1 :rolleyes: :D
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/vdvneedles/images/Grabbed%20Frame%2029.jpg You'll never here me brag about that. I'm just a guy who likes to do a little fish'in with my rig from time to time. Now I will go out on a limb and say at least my stuff looks nice unlike some of those guys out there racing :jawdrop: . Never understood the saying "it's a race boat" not a "show boat". Lazy bastards...pick up a rag and wipe off that deal and you just might find your problem!!!! :idea: :boxingguy

wsuwrhr
01-07-2005, 07:21 AM
Never uderstood the saying "it's a race boat" not a "show boat". Lazy bastards...pick up a rag and wipe off that deal and you just might find your problem!!!! :idea: :boxingguy
Hey Pal.
Looks like you are hauling the mail in that deal.
How about LOOKING WHERE YOU ARE GOING!!!
CAAA'MONNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!
Brian

lucky
01-07-2005, 07:23 AM
You'll never here me brag about that. I'm just a guy who likes to do a little fish'in with my rig from time to time. Now I will go out on a limb and say at least my stuff looks nice unlike some of those guys out there racing :jawdrop: . Never uderstood the saying "it's a race boat" not a "show boat". Lazy bastards...pick up a rag and wipe off that deal and you just might find your problem!!!! :idea: :boxingguy
dam nice billy -

Jetboatguru
01-07-2005, 07:23 AM
I agree Mathew, I have seen video of Heath driving the Steele boat in Phoenix and was haulin ass!!

Jetboatguru
01-07-2005, 07:52 AM
Hey king--you're getting a little wound up over there... :p :p You know no one compares to you and Lance...don't worry your sweet little head about these guys!! They don't know what they're talking about.... ;) Love, Bunny, the self-proclaimed cheerleader for all things Pfaff :D
OK, since the King is in our corner, that means Bunny166 and all her friends are too!!! :D

V-DRIVES RULE
01-07-2005, 09:10 AM
1. LUCKY your an idiot go back to bench fags. 2. This is a serious issue here can the cheerleaders stay out? Were talking about GREAT K-boat drivers not somebody who just raced one! You dont talk shit unless you have a CHAMPIONSHIP under your belt! So we have era's of greatness 70's 80's 90's the list is real short. like PETTENGILL & JENNINGS CLAN that raced and had to qualify in a full field . I think the later years there were some good drivers but i dont think they drove at 110% except lance he was a natural. but he had no competion. So back to the start of this thread Tony vs TY. tony has very little seat time but is geting better every time out with a good coach and fine tuning it will be fun to watch! then we can disect the outcome of how tony PUMMULED TY!!!!! LMAO RAH RAH RAH SHIS BOOM BAH TONY TONY HES THE MAN KICK'UM IN THE SHIN'S KICK'UM IN THE NUT'S IF YOU THINK TY WILL BEAT TONY YOUR FU#cK'IN NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry Nebb
01-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Mr. King, hay is for cattle. It's hey
Glad to help.
Now let's see a photo of the pit crew hotties please. Hatless bunnies would be best. ;)
Larry

bunny 166
01-07-2005, 10:04 AM
OK, since the King is in our corner, that means Bunny166 and all her friends are too!!! :D
Any friend of the King is a friend of mine... :D :clover:

bunny 166
01-07-2005, 10:08 AM
1. LUCKY your an idiot go back to bench fags. 2. This is a serious issue here can the cheerleaders stay out? Were talking about GREAT K-boat drivers not somebody who just raced one! You dont talk shit unless you have a CHAMPIONSHIP under your belt! So we have era's of greatness 70's 80's 90's the list is real short. like PETTENGILL & JENNINGS CLAN that raced and had to qualify in a full field . I think the later years there were some good drivers but i dont think they drove at 110% except lance he was a natural. but he had no competion. So back to the start of this thread Tony vs TY. tony has very little seat time but is geting better every time out with a good coach and fine tuning it will be fun to watch! then we can disect the outcome of how tony PUMMULED TY!!!!! LMAO RAH RAH RAH SHIS BOOM BAH TONY TONY HES THE MAN KICK'UM IN THE SHIN'S KICK'UM IN THE NUT'S IF YOU THINK TY WILL BEAT TONY YOUR FU#cK'IN NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:yuk: I'm not talking smack...just speaking the truth about Gordy and Lance. You don't know me, but the Jennings do. They are a wonderful family, and I will ALWAYS support them and the Pfaff bunch. Sorry if I pissed you off by cheering for THE REAL K-BOAT KING :D :D

bunny 166
01-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Mr. King, hay is for cattle. It's hey
Glad to help.
Now let's see a photo of the pit crew hotties please. Hatless bunnies would be best. ;)
Larry
LMAO!!! :p :p :D

Jetboatguru
01-07-2005, 10:21 AM
We can always use more bunnies in the pit :p
Will Ty ever respond? Can somebody help the brother out? I just got swaping gears for the race. I decided 9's would be best to get out of the turn. I am thinking that a lenco 2 speed might be a good idea. 25 split?

FLYTE RISK
01-07-2005, 04:07 PM
We can always use more bunnies in the pit :p
Will Ty ever respond? Can somebody help the brother out? I just got swaping gears for the race. I decided 9's would be best to get out of the turn. I am thinking that a lenco 2 speed might be a good idea. 25 split?
Anthony you are quite the politician, I think president as a screen name would suit you better.. :boxed:

Sanger D
01-07-2005, 05:18 PM
O.K now I could care less who,s the better K boat driver now!! those GUNS OF NAVERONE are smokin,I,m on her side.I wonder if their as heavy as they look!the gal in the blue jump suits got a pretty hefty pair too!!! :supp: hope you don,t get upset at my noticing, but "hey" men are pigs!! thats why we don,t get mad cow desease!!!
(.)(.) :jawdrop:

the real k-boat king
01-07-2005, 05:46 PM
I can't wait for the needles trip, blow the dust off the old baby and come run with the big dogs at the nkra event, you know where all the fast k boats run.
nitro man I mean nitro chuck kraft man if you have a boat I'am calling you out, see you in needles.

NitroMan
01-07-2005, 06:38 PM
nitro man I mean nitro chuck kraft man if you have a boat I'am calling you out, see you in needles.
Sorry I'm not CK... see you in needles, and make sure you bring that phone book so you can see over your dash!!!! :D :D :D

dossangers
01-07-2005, 07:35 PM
I can't wait for the needles trip, blow the dust off the old baby and come run with the big dogs at the nkra event, you know where all the fast k boats run.
nitro man I mean nitro chuck kraft man if you have a boat I'am calling you out, see you in needles.Never a TRUER STATEMENT made!! Ill be watching your SIX! :cool: :cool:

sneed
01-07-2005, 07:46 PM
snead my wife is getting jealous but just remember I'am the giver your the reciever.
No problem,just dont forget the box.

Kindsvater Flat
01-07-2005, 08:30 PM
You'll never here me brag about that. I'm just a guy who likes to do a little fish'in with my rig from time to time. Now I will go out on a limb and say at least my stuff looks nice unlike some of those guys out there racing :jawdrop: . Never understood the saying "it's a race boat" not a "show boat". Lazy bastards...pick up a rag and wipe off that deal and you just might find your problem!!!! :idea: :boxingguy
All in fun there Cheif!! I figured that would get a rise out of that!! :D

FlatStupid
01-07-2005, 08:36 PM
All in fun there Cheif!! I figured that would get a rise out of that!! :D At his age thats as good as it gets! Ca mon! :D :D :hammerhea PS KF for the last time "I before E except after C! :hammer2:

FLYTE RISK
01-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Not being a smart ass here but what does the 'K' stand for in K- boat?? J/C :rollside:

Kindsvater Flat
01-07-2005, 08:56 PM
At his age thats as good as it gets! Ca mon! :D :D :hammerhea PS KF for the last time "I before E except after C! :hammer2:
Thats norcal cheif Chief :D

The Real Kboat God
01-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Bow To Me Peasants. I Know Not Of These Old Timers, Julian, Gordy, Goettel, Duff Daily. I Am A Little Kraftier Than They Ever Were. I Demand That Real K Boat King Change His Name At Once.

Wildchild80
01-08-2005, 09:00 PM
This deal is starting to get interesting if Ty won't take it I know someone that will. Let me know

Kindsvater Flat
01-08-2005, 09:21 PM
This deal is starting to get interesting if Ty won't take it I know someone that will. Let me know
Welcome Wildchild80

Moneypitt
01-08-2005, 11:17 PM
And which Mr. Rankin do we have here??

bunny 166
01-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Bow To Me Peasants. I Know Not Of These Old Timers, Julian, Gordy, Goettel, Duff Daily. I Am A Little Kraftier Than They Ever Were. I Demand That Real K Boat King Change His Name At Once.
AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN...TOO BAD, SO SAD.... :rollside: WE KNOW WHO THE KING IS... :) :) :)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-08-2005, 11:57 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-09-2005, 12:00 AM
WE KNOW WHO THE KING IS... :) :) :)
Ya, Jeremy McGrath! Gordy, were you out there sitting in the rain? The King almost had that first heat :cry: :)

circleboatKIDD
01-09-2005, 03:02 AM
Dont worry Ty wll be ready Ive talk to him he doesnt need to talk on the computer hes made the challege to the K boats already and the Guru is willing to run and if the wildchilds in ill up the antie anyone want to match im ready, Guru your might have your hands full in phx. :D . and if you run them 9s the pot will grow. and remember Gordys on our side :)

Moneypitt
01-09-2005, 08:27 AM
Hey kid, he left off the 2 before the 9,(29s), or hell, that motor should pull 39s with all that huffer power........MP
PS which Mr. Rankin has graced our discussion????

V-DRIVES RULE
01-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Dont worry Ty wll be ready Ive talk to him he doesnt need to talk on the computer hes made the challege to the K boats already and the Guru is willing to run and if the wildchilds in ill up the antie anyone want to match im ready, Guru your might have your hands full in phx. :D . and if you run them 9s the pot will grow. and remember Gordys on our side :)
I know that the current kings pit will have some serious help in the crew chief dept! Ty better watch out Tonys COOL as a CUCUMBER!! see if you can guess who they are!!!http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/167DSC01894.JPG

Jetboatguru
01-09-2005, 09:17 AM
What is this "our side" Are you racing with us? Hey do you have any 3% gears. The propeller I am putting on is a monster. It is gonna need 3's at least.
That is the real Dave Rankin posting. Welcome Dave! You are dubbed ring leader in here. Can you keep control of your SS boys in here? :p
We would love to have Ty come in and post.

Moneypitt
01-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Sooooo, now the queen Mary is missing a prop???? Just put the 9s in upside down......MP

dossangers
01-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Two guys were standing on a bridge compareing EGO'S. they had to take a leak 1 said "boy the waters COLD" the other and its DEEP TOO" !!!!

Jetboatguru
01-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Wayne,
Are you with us for the races next year? I think we have 5 of them. 2 Phoenix, 1 Red Bluff, 1 San Diego, 1 Merced. :D :D

dossangers
01-09-2005, 10:49 AM
Wayne,
Are you with us for the races next year? I think we have 5 of them. 2 Phoenix, 1 Red Bluff, 1 San Diego, 1 Merced. :D :DIm with ya all the way BRO just convince JANA were not really rac'in and i'm IN!!

circleboatKIDD
01-09-2005, 10:51 AM
Guru do you know the dates on the opener in phx yet.

Wildchild80
01-09-2005, 03:29 PM
What is this "our side" Are you racing with us? Hey do you have any 3% gears. The propeller I am putting on is a monster. It is gonna need 3's at least.
That is the real Dave Rankin posting. Welcome Dave! You are dubbed ring leader in here. Can you keep control of your SS boys in here? :p
We would love to have Ty come in and post.
Hey Tony,
The SS Boys are many, strong and proud it would be impossible to control. By the way I had a great time Kicking ass on that boat you own in Decatur, Il and oh yeah I did it with Rudy's GN 9 boat. This should be a lot of fun.
Talk later.. Dave

dossangers
01-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Ouch thats gonna leave a MARK! was GORDY DRIVING IT THEN???????? just joking !! well it has a new SHOE who wants to wreck HAVOC on the circle boat world!!! :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: welcome to the JUNGLE dave!

Jetboatguru
01-09-2005, 06:02 PM
Wayne, I am hoping you are with us on the crew if you are not racing. The group we had in Phoenix was perfect. Flat Stupid and Matt are in I think. (We need to get Matt a screename), Billy, You, Caleb and Seth. Of course bubby, Julian and The Real Kboat King himself GORDY!!.

Jetboatguru
01-09-2005, 07:27 PM
CircleboatKidd,
April 8-10th is the Opener is Phx. You too can join the winning team. Please submit your resume and list your phone number where we can reach you.
As of right now we are looking for tow vehicle driver, underwater running gear specialist and engine diver.
Call 1 800 555-NKRA

Jimbo Anderson
01-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Bow To Me Peasants. I Know Not Of These Old Timers, Julian, Gordy, Goettel, Duff Daily. I Am A Little Kraftier Than They Ever Were. I Demand That Real K Boat King Change His Name At Once. lucky for you i kan't lokate my papa cause if i could i'd bring out his alcohaul flat and kick all your buttes :2purples:

circleboatKIDD
01-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Thats a good one Guru, but there no jumpin ship here chief, im sure youll have plenty of resumes to go over for the next 3 months. :cool: