PDA

View Full Version : Dimebags final resting place.

KACHINA KEN
12-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Hi All,
I had a chance to visit Darrells grave on the day after Christmas in Arlington TX, I had been home to Shreveport so I stopped by on the way back to PHX. I took 2 cans of the silver bullet and opened him one and drank the other while sitting beside him. Another fellow came along and we sat and talked about the good ol days with him. It was a great moment, almost happy, I didn't even know this guy but because of the common ground we may as well have been best friends.
I know alot of you loved Darrell also so I thought I would post a couple of shots of the grave so you can see all the other tokens of love that were left for him.

Some Kind Of Monster
12-29-2004, 08:17 PM
RIP One of the greatest guitarists ever. Metal will never be the same. What a tragic event that never should have happened. Kudos to the heroes that died that night as well.

Coach
12-29-2004, 08:38 PM
For anyone using iTunes, you can goto the Music Store and Check out the Celebrity Playlists. Dimebag Darrell's Top 15 is on there. Some killer songs. Pump up the Cemetery Gates louder than hell for Dime, he was one kick ass guitar player that can never be replaced.
Dimebag (http://www.zakkwylde.com/)

BADASS38CHEVY
12-29-2004, 09:07 PM
one of my favorite bands ever,these guys rock.the first time i heard pantera i knew they would be a well known badass band .when i first bought there cd i would play it and go ****in crazy on how hard there music was.not to many band can even come close to there style.at the time i also listen to sepultura one of my other favorite bands. i know it will never be the same.all i can do is just close my eyes and listen to pantera and still imagine what it was.we will miss dimebag. http://www.rockconcertfotos.com/

rrrr
12-29-2004, 09:40 PM
Hey Ken,
Yesterday I attended the memorial service for my good friend that was killed in a traffic accident. It was easy to see that Steve was a damn good person, most of the folks there had great stories about his willingness to help out, and what a great son and stepdad he was.
It sucks when life steals our friends away without warning. It's happened to me before and it twists my guts every time.
It's nice you got to reflect on your friendship at Darrell's grave, he knows you were there. I have lost a few friends in tragic circumstances and it always makes it better to stand on the dirt and say what you feel.
Peace to you, brother.

KACHINA KEN
12-29-2004, 10:02 PM
Hey Ken,
Yesterday I attended the memorial service for my good friend that was killed in a traffic accident. It was easy to see that Steve was a damn good person, most of the folks there had great stories about his willingness to help out, and what a great son and stepdad he was.
It sucks when life steals our friends away without warning. It's happened to me before and it twists my guts every time.
It's nice you got to reflect on your friendship at Darrell's grave, he knows you were there. I have lost a few friends in tragic circumstances and it always makes it better to stand on the dirt and say what you feel.
Peace to you, brother.
Thanks man, and the same to you.

HOOTER SLED-
12-29-2004, 10:24 PM
I still can't believe the stupidity of what happened that night. Unbelievable. Sorry for the unfortunate incident to such a close friend to you. Us as fans will miss his talent. At least he was doing what I'm sure he loved to do that night during his final moments. Ironically, my boat is a Pantera. Hey, maybe I need to do an ode to Dimebag or something. ;) Long live Dimebag. Are you talking to me??? :mix: