PDA

View Full Version : Experiment for all you VODKA drinkers.

totenhosen
12-30-2004, 09:55 AM
http://www.ohmygoditburns.com/
(Scroll down about 1/2 way down the linked page.)
Our theory is that a simple brita water filter can be used to make bad vodka, into good. In our case this meant turning a Vladimir™, into a Ketel One™. At $11.09 for 1.75 liter (Ketel is 11.99 for the 350 ml), Vladimir is a steal. It is, however, painful to drink, has a repugnant aftertaste, posesses a bouquet reminiscent of rubbing alcohol. Our working theory was that these terrible qualities were caused by a lack of proper filtration, and that running our Vlad through a charcoal filter would remove some of the impurities causing these odors and flavors.
Materials
Bottle of cheap and/or nasty vodka. The cheapest price per volume was selected from the liquor store. In our case, this turned out to be “Vladimir Vodka™".........

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-30-2004, 09:58 AM
hmmmm
what about a fishy filter? They have charcoal in them. :D

a catered life
12-30-2004, 10:03 AM
tried it about 2 years ago with some grocery store brand vodka not only did it screw up my brand new $15 filter :cry: but it still tasted like crap so when i added u all the cost i could have bought the good vodka at first :crossx: let me know about your results

totenhosen
12-30-2004, 10:06 AM
tried it about 2 years ago with some grocery store brand vodka not only did it screw up my brand new $15 filter :cry: but it still tasted like crap so when i added u all the cost i could have bought the good vodka at first :crossx: let me know about your results
Thats what I figured was going to happen. I have read a bunch of positive results on another board though.

a catered life
12-30-2004, 10:11 AM
pasadena i see i lived there for 17 years moved to av about 2 years ago whats up big will here

Phat Matt
12-30-2004, 10:26 AM
Interesting idea. I guess it would work in theory. It's quicker to buy a good bottle though. :)

ECeptor
12-30-2004, 10:50 AM
kinda reminds me of the Jack Daniels distillery and the huge charcoal filtering process they have.
it makes sense that filtering can improve the taste. however it looks like wayyyyy more trouble than it's worth. i'll stick to grey goose for now...

al cole'holic
12-30-2004, 11:03 AM
...my buddy ran this experiment on xxxmas and turned out pretty good :D

OGShocker
12-30-2004, 11:51 AM
kinda reminds me of the Jack Daniels distillery and the huge charcoal filtering process they have.
it makes sense that filtering can improve the taste. however it looks like wayyyyy more trouble than it's worth. i'll stick to grey goose for now...
Fock the FRENCH!!! :boxingguy
Try Chopin or Kettle :D

purrfecttremor
12-30-2004, 12:00 PM
ah to much trouble grey goose itll have to be.i can see me on new years eve at about 12:30.WAIT I GOTSTA FLTR THT BTLL.them there fkers would put me to bed & i would miss havasu & all the fun.
how much does that cheap shit cost? :hammerhea