PDA

View Full Version : Having Withdraw's......

Greaser
12-30-2004, 09:56 AM
So I was in Somerville this morning on a service call, and I just had to drive over the dam. Man I miss the lake :frown:

TexasJet
12-30-2004, 01:28 PM
Greaser, is Somerville still flooded? A couple of weeks ago it was over 12' above full pool.

taylormanss
12-30-2004, 05:27 PM
Get rid of those withdrawls run that boat!Bring it down here to Corpus and I'll run your boat at no charge! :rollside:

460rogers
12-30-2004, 06:50 PM
Drove by today also,lake is still high but it was smoooooth. :cool:

Greaser
12-31-2004, 10:00 AM
Greaser, is Somerville still flooded? A couple of weeks ago it was over 12' above full pool.
Yep, still flooded. There were a couple bass boats out there giving it hell though :cry:

Greaser
12-31-2004, 10:02 AM
Drove by today also,lake is still high but it was smoooooth. :cool:
Who is this 460rogers guy, and where is his boat :rollside: lol
How ya been man!

460rogers
12-31-2004, 08:59 PM
Ease up on the no boat fixing guy.
Drove the dam again today, flood gates wide open,and was raining.
Overlook boat ramp is useable now, it was flooded.
There was someone launching there at 4:00 today.
Taking the week off to rearrange shop and hopefully finish boat.HA

vdrivenman
01-01-2005, 06:46 AM
we were in college station over the Christmas hoildays visitng our oldest and on the way to the inlaws in lagrange drove by somerville. it really was up hopefully they will hold as much h2o as possible.
we no longer own a v or a jet ,just our old cc scorpion tug,but we plan on making a trip or two. our problem now is we have to find accommodations because we can't tow the cc & tt. too much tongue weight(boat)
over the hoildays i also ran into an old hs friend who lives in friendswood and he has a baja jet and wants to do some outings also. so we are looking forward to summer.
i am trying to buy a jet and or possibly what i think is a circle boat just can get the sellers to give me a final answer.
sam rayburn is another nice lake that is decently close for most folks !

TexasJet
01-01-2005, 11:13 AM
At Thanksgiving my father-in-law and I had a few beers while talking to the guy who owns Overlook Marina and campgrounds. He said with the flood gates wide open the lake goes down 1/10 th of a foot/day. I think the lake will be at least full pool all of '05. On a completely different note, Garry Snow said the bottom and inside of my boat is done. He hopes to do a few things to the motor, put it all back together and do some testing in the next two weeks. It will be interesting to see what effect the bottom work has on performance.

kp216
01-02-2005, 06:09 AM
Hey TexasJet - What did you have done to the interior? From what I remember of it at Tablerock, it was in great shape.
What about the bottom? Did you have it blueprinted? What speed were you running before?

TexasJet
01-02-2005, 05:40 PM
kp216, there was a lot of dryrot under the carpet, after all it is a '79 hull. Garry replaced quite a few stringers. Ya, he pretty much blueprinted the bottom. It was running 71.1 on GPS at TableRock and Plowmans Creek. In addition, he wants to try a few things he thinks may generate a few more MPH. I'll post here as the results come in.

Greaser
01-03-2005, 09:50 AM
:cry: I wish I could be as fast as Texas Jet one day :cry:

TexasJet
01-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Greaser, as the saying goes "Speed cost money, how fast do you want to go?" That's what it comes down to. You got the hull, you just need more motor. I thought you were doing a few things this winter? What's going on there? :confused:

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
01-04-2005, 04:22 AM
I was hoping the lake might actually go down this year. nothing like beaching your boat in the grass :rolleyes: I miss the beaches at Somerville.
Omega

Greaser
01-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Greaser, as the saying goes "Speed cost money, how fast do you want to go?" That's what it comes down to. You got the hull, you just need more motor. I thought you were doing a few things this winter? What's going on there? :confused:
Well, my dad talked me into just building a whole new motor. That way I can do exactly what I want to do all at one time, instead of going at it in steps. He said "Why pull out a motor that runs good, and rush to get it back together, and it still isnt what you want." So, I think Im gonna just start with a fresh block, and go from there. I mean the boat runs ok now, and the motor only has one season on it. So Im gonna take my time, and build what I really want :cool:
Oh, Omega, How was Vegas? :rollside:

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
01-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Well, my dad talked me into just building a whole new motor. That way I can do exactly what I want to do all at one time, instead of going at it in steps. He said "Why pull out a motor that runs good, and rush to get it back together, and it still isnt what you want." So, I think Im gonna just start with a fresh block, and go from there. I mean the boat runs ok now, and the motor only has one season on it. So Im gonna take my time, and build what I really want :cool:
Vegas was AWESOME. we lost one whole day in the room though :devil: :D it rained one day while we were there and you would have thought the world was ending :jawdrop: flooding everywhere and it didn't even rain that much.
Check out the photo I took out of our window. It was an awesome view. We stayed at the Rio in a King suite in Masquerade tower with a city view. they upgraded us for free since we were getting hitched and all.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523vegas_2004_163.jpg
my new camera takes some nice pics huh! this was sunrise 12/30/04
Omega

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
01-04-2005, 11:18 AM
more pics for your viewing pleasure. notice the rain clouds in some of the pics. that's something you don't see everyday in Vegas.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523vegas_2004_009.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523vegas_2004_129.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523vegas_2004_130.jpg
Omega

TexasJet
01-04-2005, 11:32 AM
You gonna have the new motor ready by April ?

baja204
01-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Glad you caught the rot, running those speeds could have turned out bad. So glad you take care of that Baja. Good luck with the extra MPH and hope to run with you this summer.
Dave

TexasJet
01-05-2005, 04:52 AM
I talked to Garry yesterday and he suggested they redo the transom also. I new it was rotten in a few places also. I guess now is the time to do all this. What the hell, it's only money. Right? :cry:

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
01-05-2005, 06:09 AM
I talked to Garry yesterday and he suggested they redo the transom also. I new it was rotten in a few places also. I guess now is the time to do all this. What the hell, it's only money. Right? :cry:
a wise man once told me it's all about writing checks :wink: you can't take it with you anyways. I say spread the wealth around. :cool:
Omega

kp216
01-05-2005, 08:30 AM
kp216, there was a lot of dryrot under the carpet, after all it is a '79 hull. Garry replaced quite a few stringers. Ya, he pretty much blueprinted the bottom. It was running 71.1 on GPS at TableRock and Plowmans Creek. In addition, he wants to try a few things he thinks may generate a few more MPH. I'll post here as the results come in.
I had Ervin Capps do my interior last spring. EVERYTHING (floor, center keel, stringers and engine stringers) was rotten and had to be replaced. Making no other changes, other than the repairs which stiffened the hull as well, gave me a 2 mph increase.
I had told Ervin that my plan was to at least double my horsepower from 250hp to between 500hp and 550hp. The new motor won't happen this year, but it WILL be there for Tablerock Roost 2006.
I'm wanting an honest, GPS verified 75 mph. It may be a little tough, not to mention expensive, getting there. :rollside:

Greaser
01-05-2005, 09:42 AM
You gonna have the new motor ready by April ?
Man I wish. I could do it if I didnt mind maxing out all my credit cards, but I am gonna "try" to pay cash as I go. So Im gonna shoot for summer of 2006. I am looking for a block now, and plan on watching ebay very closely. I am very intriged on some of the stroker kits they have on there, especially the ones that The Mustang Depot have. :idea: So I guess I can stand to be the slowest for one more season, if I build what I want in a year.
I may try to get the boat over to Mikes Pump and Speed, to let him look the pump over, befor summer. I took a look at my impeller the other day, and it looked like it could use some attention :frown:

Devilman
01-05-2005, 10:02 AM
What kind of block are you gonna be looking for? Something store-bought, or something to rebuild. I live in Edna, but I've got some Ford friends in Victoria might have something rebuildable pretty cheap. (Big block of course!) My mom lives in Bryan and we go there pretty often so if there's something you want I could bring it on one of my trips up there.
Crap... I gotta go to a meeting but I'll be back on in a short while and see what's happening

Greaser
01-05-2005, 10:10 AM
What kind of block are you gonna be looking for? Something store-bought, or something to rebuild. I live in Edna, but I've got some Ford friends in Victoria might have something rebuildable pretty cheap. (Big block of course!) My mom lives in Bryan and we go there pretty often so if there's something you want I could bring it on one of my trips up there.
Crap... I gotta go to a meeting but I'll be back on in a short while and see what's happening
I am deffinatly looking for something rebuildable. Something like a early 70's 460. Let me know what you come up with.

Devilman
01-05-2005, 11:59 AM
Are you gonna be looking for just a block, or you worried about pistons, heads, and stuff? I'll be on the lookout anyways.

Greaser
01-05-2005, 12:03 PM
All I need is the block, but if I can get a good deal on something, Im not opposed to a package deal.

Devilman
01-05-2005, 12:12 PM
I hear ya. A few friends and me were building big 4x4s for a while. Most all of them have gotten married and had kids an' stuff so you know what that'll do your budget! Besides, our local playground has gone by the wayside. Between the family situation and not having any place to run, it's hard to break stuff, you know what I mean. I got a couple of buddies that built Fords like me that are out of the game. I'll hit em up, see what they got laying around. They're bound to still have some big block stuff here and there.

Greaser
01-05-2005, 12:22 PM
Thanks!!

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
01-05-2005, 12:35 PM
I personally would try to find a complete engine in a salvage yard. the Ford factory cranks are top notch and can be offset ground and combined with different rods cheaper than most of the stroker kits you are looking at. it is of course totally up to you. just trying to save you some more $$$$ again.
Omega

Greaser
01-05-2005, 03:46 PM
I personally would try to find a complete engine in a salvage yard. the Ford factory cranks are top notch and can be offset ground and combined with different rods cheaper than most of the stroker kits you are looking at. it is of course totally up to you. just trying to save you some more $$$$ again.
Omega
Thanks Omega. Do you think I could get all that done, and buy the parts I need for the rotating assembly for less than $1200?

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
01-06-2005, 04:45 AM
Thanks Omega. Do you think I could get all that done, and buy the parts I need for the rotating assembly for less than $1200?
most definitely.
Omega