PDA

View Full Version : F*cking Thieves!!!!

syke-o
12-30-2004, 10:33 AM
I got a call from my friend this morning(Playtime on the boards) and he asked if i was sittin down... i said "ya whats up?"... he said that he just got a call from the Corona police department and that his HTM had been vandalized at the storage yard he keeps it at.... i was like oh shit!!!! i work in Norco so i decided to meet him at the yard off the 91 in Corona.... the thieves hit 12 boats/trailers/motorhomes in the yard...
the thieves took 2 amps, 1 sub, 1 set of components, and thrashed the interior when rippin the stuff out... they sliced the side paneling and broke some of the plywood to pieces.... (that was just out of his boat!!)
i saw a tige that got hit too!!! all their shit got yanked!!!
the thieves set a ladder up on one side and threw the stuff over the fence and the owner/manager of the place drove into work this morning and heard the alarm going off and saw the thieves loading up their car and he went towards them and they tried to run him over!! he luckily got the plate number and they are workin on finding them....
just thought i would let off a little steam because there is nothin worse than a theif!!!

Keithb87
12-30-2004, 10:36 AM
That sucks.. :mad: Hope they catch the Bastards.

MOBrien
12-30-2004, 10:55 AM
there is nothin worse than a thief!!!
No doubt. Go buy your own shit & if you can't afford it, you aren't supposed to have it.
Focken thieves suck.............we should start chopping off hands. :mad: :crossx: :mad:
Let us know when they get the bastards.

mike37
12-30-2004, 11:03 AM
that sucks f ucking thieves

Lightning
12-30-2004, 11:04 AM
That's the worst, I hope they find those fockers!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-30-2004, 11:07 AM
Someone posted they got hit on the Hot Spots West forum also.

DogHouse
12-30-2004, 11:09 AM
Wow, sorry to hear, that really blows. I'm sure Ruben has that beauty insured but it still sucks to have to deal with the damage and repairs.
Get that boat fixed and ready to rock, spring is just around the corner!
-brian

switchin'addiction
12-30-2004, 11:32 AM
Focken thieves suck.............we should start chopping off hands.
I agree. I think this may deter some of the worthless bastards.

Mrs. Revndave
12-30-2004, 11:37 AM
That sucks! I am sorry to hear about your friend. It's those stupid lazy bastards that do that kind of stuff. :devil:

slink
12-30-2004, 12:16 PM
Damn, take a week vacation and my city falls to Sh!t. Let me make a few calls and I'll find out if there are any good leads. Back in a few

purrfecttremor
12-30-2004, 12:20 PM
my sterio & countless other things got ripped off last summer @ the islander hotel in havasu.im so sorry.at least its winter & plenty or time to fix before summer.BASTARDS

NOTALENT
12-30-2004, 12:23 PM
Damn...Sorry to hear that...We work so ****in hard to get what we have and appreciate it..then the ****ers...go off and do this shit!!! Its happened one to many times to me....We really need to get strict on the law!!!

syke-o
12-30-2004, 12:27 PM
Wow, sorry to hear, that really blows. I'm sure Ruben has that beauty insured but it still sucks to have to deal with the damage and repairs.
Get that boat fixed and ready to rock, spring is just around the corner!
-brian
ya its insured :D but still sucks nonetheless..... they tracked the guys license plate to a po box, and the po box is forwarded to an address in riverside!! i bet you are thinkin good they got him... worng.. the house is vacant..... i will keep you posted as more info comes forward... :boxingguy

syke-o
12-30-2004, 12:29 PM
my sterio & countless other things got ripped off last summer @ the islander hotel in havasu.im so sorry.at least its winter & plenty or time to fix before summer.BASTARDS
ya he saw some positive in it and is going to be doing some upgrades at the same time... :cool:

syke-o
12-30-2004, 12:36 PM
Someone posted they got hit on the Hot Spots West forum also.
ya i just checked the thread out.. it is the same storage yard.. :(

MsDrmr
12-30-2004, 12:37 PM
I don't get it? why people do that shit. How can people do that and not have quilt over it, they put food on the table or drugs in their system by theiving, I just don't understand.
Did the storage place have insurance or is it a "store at your own risk" kinda place? did your buddy have ins?

PlayTime
12-30-2004, 12:51 PM
I'm insured, just sucks, like the other post says, Merry Christmas. Least it happened before Saturday. I would hate to have started the new year that way.
I'll take some pics and post them later.

slink
12-30-2004, 01:10 PM
Just got off the phone with one of the handling officers. Sounds like the guy was in there all night. So far over 15 victims and counting. Sounds like the place is alarmed but not directly to the PD. The alarm co. called the manager who went to check things out. He then noticed a latter leaned up against a perimeter fence. When he went around to check it out, he noticed 1 male adult loading property into a small compact hatchback. The suspect saw the manager and jumped into the car and split. The manager did get a plate on the car, however it has not been registered since 2001 and came back to a PO box in Riverside. The officer has located additional addresses for the registered owner and is working on them. He did say they located some good physical evidence to assist in the investigation, also located some property outside the fence taht the guy hadn't loaded up yet. He will be forwarding his investigation upstairs to the Detectives. I wont be handling it upstairs (don't work property crimes) but I will be able to keep a close eye on the progress and let my partners know its a priority. Best I can do. I'll keep you guys posted

JetBoatRich
12-30-2004, 01:21 PM
I'm insured, just sucks, like the other post says, Merry Christmas. Least it happened before Saturday. I would hate to have started the new year that way.
I'll take some pics and post them later.
Sorry to hear about your boat, hopefully they catch the rat bastards :hammer2:

Jrocket
12-30-2004, 01:26 PM
I give Slink 2 thumbs up for going out of his way to try and help out and keep on top of this for a fellow boater.Very nice job there Slink.

syke-o
12-30-2004, 01:28 PM
Just got off the phone with one of the handling officers. Sounds like the guy was in there all night. So far over 15 victims and counting. Sounds like the place is alarmed but not directly to the PD. The alarm co. called the manager who went to check things out. He then noticed a latter leaned up against a perimeter fence. When he went around to check it out, he noticed 1 male adult loading property into a small compact hatchback. The suspect saw the manager and jumped into the car and split. The manager did get a plate on the car, however it has not been registered since 2001 and came back to a PO box in Riverside. The officer has located additional addresses for the registered owner and is working on them. He did say they located some good physical evidence to assist in the investigation, also located some property outside the fence taht the guy hadn't loaded up yet. He will be forwarding his investigation upstairs to the Detectives. I wont be handling it upstairs (don't work property crimes) but I will be able to keep a close eye on the progress and let my partners know its a priority. Best I can do. I'll keep you guys posted
good work slink!!! thanks for lookin out for fellow hot boaters :D

PlayTime
12-30-2004, 01:42 PM
Thank you Slink.
The officer that I spoke to was very cool. They did have some property but unfortunatly none of it was mine :frown: I already looked it over.

slink
12-30-2004, 01:52 PM
Thanks guys. I told the officer to nextel me if he finds anything out today, other wise Ill be back in the office on Monday. It should be assigned to a Detective by then.

24ROD
12-30-2004, 03:42 PM
Hope the focking thief didn't **** up your ride to bad Ruben. :frown: If there is anything I can do to help let me know! Remember I got the hookup for what you might be needing.

welk2party
12-30-2004, 03:52 PM
That really sucks man. I hope everything gets resolved soon and you get at least some of your stuff back.

Her454
12-30-2004, 03:53 PM
Slink, I think its awsome that your doing what you can to help out and posting to keep us updated.

thom
12-30-2004, 03:56 PM
That sucks!! Now I need to go check on mine.. Havent been there in at least a month.. I hop e they catch the rat bastaches

rmarion
12-30-2004, 06:53 PM
Playtime, sorry to here your interior damage.......... :mad:
I just don't know if its worth turning into insurance, we lost 16 speakers, 1 amp and reciever. Worst part, we just installed the tower speakers and amp in september. Did not even get to rock the river with the new sound :angry2:
Slink thanks for th einfo, btw if you catch them can Playtime and I do the interogeation :hammer2: :hammer2: :D

PlayTime
12-30-2004, 07:46 PM
Thanks pops,
Gonna need the system to be put back in and some work on the interior panels. The shop HTM uses for upholstery is right by where warlock boats use to be. So I will get an estimate from them. Then the same AL&EDs to get the estimate to put the system back in.

PlayTime
12-30-2004, 07:54 PM
rmarion
I checked out your boat after you left. Looks like the guy had plenty of time. Really sucks that you only got to use the new sounds once, You definitly lost more then me. I talk to my insurance lady and she assured me my insurance would not go up since it was my first claim. I guess having my boat, life, and house insurance all through her company helps. Deductible is 1 thousand. Anybody know if I stand any chance at getting the storage yard to cover that? I doubt it, but figure i would ask.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-30-2004, 09:47 PM
I don't see why not. They have insurance also. They guarantee you a secure location, don't they? I would definantly push for that. Don't talk to the manager though. Contact the owner. If they balk, threaten to put up a sign in front of the driveway saying how your stuff got ripped off there. You don't have to, but you can always threaten it. :p

BRSTQUEST
12-30-2004, 09:57 PM
Playtime
Sorry to hear about that......people stealing others peoples stuff sucks balls...maybe some gangster will try to carjack them and punk them for their stuff....good luck with the insurance

PlayTime
12-30-2004, 10:12 PM
:D BRSTQUEST that would be carma wouldn't it.
My Man's Sportin' Wood not much for threatning, but wouldn't hurt to ask. I figure thats the least they could do, maybe they have some type of insurance to cover at least my deductable.

a catered life
12-31-2004, 08:05 AM
shit that sucks and i was moving my boat to a storage unit on monday now i'm worried as hell......... :eek: its a little assuring to hear a fellow hb member being so helpful (slink) nice job :) being able to get info faster helps to easy the pain some times :wink: when you get riped off the worse part in dealing with no info so keep up the great help slink. when you talk to the owner make sure you tell him that you just put the system in it may help in some some small way. remember most theives steal from where the have been or worked so it may be a ex-employee or someone that has had something stored there :crossx: either way like rich said rat bastards :eek:

slink
12-31-2004, 09:14 AM
Tom, it was the one off Palisades Dr, just west of Serfas Club. It backs up to the south side of the 91 freeway right across the freeway from the auto center