PDA

View Full Version : Kennys diving update

KACHINA KEN
04-18-2006, 08:11 PM
as of this Thursday I will be only 1 cert away from being a full on rescue diver, my first responder course is on Thursday night and then I'm going to wait a month to take rescue so I can get my cardio up. i'll let you know how it goes.

MagicMtnDan
04-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Congratulations Kenny! Good luck with your diving courses. :cool:

moneypit
04-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Congrats Ken... Remember to hold your breath. :mad:

ROZ
04-18-2006, 10:37 PM
:cool: :cool: :cool:

scarabrick2
04-19-2006, 05:35 AM
As a dive master/rescue and a bunch of other certs that still only get you a bottle fill CONGRATULATIONS !!
When I go out to the lake I always bring a small tank and my rescue/med bag. You never know when your going to need it for someone or yourself.
Keep getting more training as you never know enough.
Congrats again
Rick

SoCalOffshore
04-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Congrats. I am Rescue as well, among other certs.

prosthogod
04-19-2006, 03:13 PM
You need to be certified for muff diving?

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-19-2006, 03:19 PM
congrats. That is great news. :)

KACHINA KEN
04-19-2006, 03:32 PM
Kev, Kev, Kev........................

Jordy
04-19-2006, 03:38 PM
I think you need a muff to dive though. ;)

partytime
04-19-2006, 04:42 PM
As a dive master/rescue and a bunch of other certs that still only get you a bottle fill CONGRATULATIONS !!
When I go out to the lake I always bring a small tank and my rescue/med bag. You never know when your going to need it for someone or yourself.
Congrats again
Rick
That is pretty funny but oh so true. Although, my DM cert did get me free rides to Catalina as long as I kept my insurance up...

scarabrick2
04-19-2006, 04:55 PM
good info to know!
I figured a few of us "over" seasoned vets would find that funny :)

coolchange
04-19-2006, 06:05 PM
That is pretty funny but oh so true. Although, my DM cert did get me free rides to Catalina as long as I kept my insurance up...
Ya a few free dives and help all the noob chicks get geared up!

SoCalOffshore
04-19-2006, 06:20 PM
maybe we should put together a ***boat scuba trip to catalina or .........

KACHINA KEN
04-19-2006, 06:39 PM
maybe we should put together a ***boat scuba trip to catalina or .........
Yeah i think we came close to a buggin outing last year but nothing solid. Wes is always working or I would love him to ride and dive also. lets throw out some dates.

GHT
04-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Congrats Kenny on the certs... When and where are you going to put it all to use?

Jordy
04-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Congrats Kenny on the certs... When and where are you going to put it all to use?
I told him he needs to start around the launch ramps and marinas. Pay for those dives in no time. :D :D :

MrsGHT
04-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Great job, Kenny! So, when are you comin' out to Havasu? Haven't seen the new boat yet.

GHT
04-19-2006, 07:18 PM
I told him he needs to start around the launch ramps and marinas. Pay for those dives in no time. :D :D :
Only problem is he may end up with a Prop ding in his head. Then they will have to install a metal plate in his head and he'll get stuck swimming in circles..

cxr133
04-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Congrats again
Rick
when we were getting certified we were down in Manhattan beach in about 30 feet of water. i had the instructor in front of me and doing the skill where you have to take the regulator out of your mouth, bring your hand around grab the regulator put in your mouth and clear it...
well this being my first time i opened my mouth too soon and got a mouth full of water. so i am sitting there with the regulator in my mouth and a mouth full of water.... i spit out my regulator... grab the instructors regulator out of his mouth... look at that... then shoot straight for th surface... :220v:
i know now to swallow the water!!!
BTW congratulations

KACHINA KEN
04-19-2006, 08:17 PM
well this being my first time i opened my mouth too soon and got a mouth full of water. so i am sitting there with the regulator in my mouth and a mouth full of water.... i spit out my regulator... grab the instructors regulator out of his mouth... look at that... then shoot straight for th surface... :220v:
i know now to swallow the water!!!
BTW congratulations
Thanks, thats why it's cool to lake dive, absolute worst conditions and panic and the unknown are always right there, you learn to control it and not let it control you. Periodically we do out of air drills, lost mask drills, buddy breathing and don and stripping of gear underwater, I've already used half my skills in real world situations including being tangled in kelp and in fishing line, having gear malfunction and have buddies assist and so on. I do want to look at fishies but there are other things I'm gonna do that arent quite as pleasant but have their purpose, it goes hand in hand with my boating and I'm glad I'm doing it like I am. lot of fun and rewarding in other ways.

SoCalOffshore
04-20-2006, 07:58 PM
we even trained breathing off of bare tank without a reg. you crack open the tank, ever so slowly, then breathe off the bubbles as they leak out of the tank. it works. :)

KACHINA KEN
04-20-2006, 08:54 PM
we even trained breathing off of bare tank without a reg. you crack open the tank, ever so slowly, then breathe off the bubbles as they leak out of the tank. it works. :)
Are you bringing any gear to poker run? I'm thinking about it.

FOUNTAINATLAST
04-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Damn Ken, I lost my anchor in Humbug can you get it for me???? :D
Congradulations go gettem (certs I mean) :D

Froggystyle
04-24-2006, 10:05 PM
The better way to do that is to crack the tank like you said, then cup your hands over the bubbles with a hole in the top you breathe through. This gives you the overbottom pressure you need without the possibility of an A.G.E. from too much pressure.
Next time you dive, practice it. It works.
We may have done a contingency situation or two during training... ;)
Congrats on the qual Ken! Any updates?