PDA

View Full Version : eleminate lake lice

jlnorthrup122
12-30-2004, 10:28 PM
:D I was reading through a Pirate thread over @ boatdesign forums and a guy posted this:
Not much effort is required to eliminate Jet Skiers.
Simply take some 2 or 3 ft hunks of polly like (THAT FLOATS) and strip them into the very fine strands their made of.
Toss them in the water in as large a pattern as you can .
When sucked in the jet pump they melt and heat weld the pump into a solid lump.
Takes complete disassembly (and sometines new seals ) to get the toy functioning again.
Best of all a large patch will disable 5 or 6 at once , so ALL have to swim towing their toys .
A really fine sport and great way to recycle old line!
Pass this HINT on to others assaulted by these fools.
FAST FRED
I thought it was funnie and informative as well!! :D

HOOTER SLED-
12-30-2004, 10:49 PM
Yea, what about us jet boat owners????

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Yeah! And before some joker says something about us jet boat owners, remember this, we are the ones smackin' those PWC'ers with or jetovators. You prop powered vehicles can do nothing more than get angry or commit a felony. We have the power. Bwaaahaaahaaahhaaa

Beautiful Noise
12-31-2004, 12:12 AM
Only 1 thing to remember there are just as many Idiots Driving Boats (all type's) as there are on PWC's :rolleyes:

Mrs.Racer277
12-31-2004, 07:10 AM
Only 1 thing to remember there are just as many Idiots Driving Boats (all type's) as there are on PWC's :rolleyes:
I have to agree there! :)

Unforgiven
12-31-2004, 07:15 AM
I have to agree there! :)
hey, don't you have a life....I'm at work and it's 7:10 am...shouldn't you be in bed taking care of SEAN?????

Mrs.Racer277
12-31-2004, 07:17 AM
hey, don't you have a life....I'm at work and it's 7:10 am...shouldn't you be in bed taking care of SEAN?????
Hey were have you been hiding? ;)

RiverToysJas
12-31-2004, 08:44 AM
I ASSUME he's insinuating that since regular jet boats don't have plastic pumps, the metal impeller's should process the junk w/o any trouble. I don't believe this would be the case though.
I have another option for getting rid of lake lice, and it will work with all idiots, not just PWC renters, borrowers, and kids (those are the three worst groups of PWC riders IMO). Here's my option....
http://www.op6c.com/images/fun2/lma_50cal.jpg
RTJas :D

a catered life
12-31-2004, 09:06 AM
most smart boaters start out as dumbass pwc riders :idea:
think before you type :coffeycup

Desert Rat
12-31-2004, 09:56 AM
Not to mention that your dropping all that crap into the lake...I hate f ucking people that litter!!!!!!!

Sportin' Wood
12-31-2004, 12:29 PM
I would not agree

hoolign
12-31-2004, 12:42 PM
How to make friends and influence people...By A catered life
:D :D :D

jdogginla
12-31-2004, 02:35 PM
You guys crack me up..........this coming from a guy that owns jet skii's ans is in the process of becoming a boat owner. Now I've never been on the lake with mine, I usually only ride in the ocean, but what makes you and your toy any better than that of someone who is on a ski. Is it because your's is bigger, or because it's more expensive? Do you as person that drives a car or truck feel the same way about someone on a motorcycle? Pretty fricken narrow minded if you ask me. Why would you intentionally want to possibly injur someone or do damage to their property.
Dumb Ass :yuk:

repo man
12-31-2004, 04:25 PM
You guys crack me up..........this coming from a guy that owns jet skii's ans is in the process of becoming a boat owner. Now I've never been on the lake with mine, I usually only ride in the ocean, but what makes you and your toy any better than that of someone who is on a ski. Is it because your's is bigger, or because it's more expensive? Do you as person that drives a car or truck feel the same way about someone on a motorcycle? Pretty fricken narrow minded if you ask me. Why would you intentionally want to possibly injur someone or do damage to their property.
that's a good question. why do lake lice think it's cool to damage my equiptment by spraying all my pollished aluminium and stainless. do the assholes do it out of jealousy because i've got somthing nice and they only have a jet ski. :mad:

hoolign
12-31-2004, 04:44 PM
that's a good question. why do lake lice think it's cool to damage my equiptment by spraying all my pollished aluminium and stainless. do the assholes do it out of jealousy because i've got somthing nice and they only have a jet ski. :mad:
A few years ago when the other boat was still alive ..I roosted two of them off their sea doos ...they were so mad it was'nt funny ...600+ HP out of a jet isnt very forgiving to lake lice :D :D
I gots to build another..kinda hard to intimidate someone in a CV-23 :frown:

ratso
12-31-2004, 05:08 PM
Isn't Polaris getting out of the jet ski market???
Maybe the rest of them will soon follow suit. :idea:

HOOTER SLED-
12-31-2004, 05:42 PM
As you soon venture into boat ownership, you'll come to find that there are quite a few dumbasses on PWCs on the lakes. You too at some point will get frustrated once your new baby hits the water. I think the orig post is stated with a tone of sarcasm. To answer your question. It's not that we boat owners feel that we are better. It's that TYPICALLY, NOT ALWAYS, PWCers are new to the sport and lack the experience. PWCs are affordable, easy to get, and alot of Tom, Dick, and Harrys(mostly Dicks :D , had to throw that in there) are out there and are a nuisance. If you've grown up around boats and the water. You understand the etiquette more. To me, alot of PWCers bring that "city driver" mentality to the water. Lack of courtesy. If you have good manners and are considerate of others, that's a start. That's what boating should be about. Share a beer and a boob with a fellow boater. That's what I say. Oh, and as far as being considerate to licers, it's OK to blast them if they draw first blood. Boats were here first. Kinda like big brother kicking your ass. :D Damn I babbled.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-31-2004, 06:00 PM
Jdogg- I'm afraid to tell you this, but you are in the minority. You will find that most people here have at least one experience, if not more, with people on PWC's putting us and our families in danger. Sometimes they are ignorant and don't know any better, and sometimes they seem to do it maliciously. And I do mean almost EVERYONE here. Start a thread, you'll see. I've had them twice ride inside my wake while I was pulling Jeff on the ski. If he fell, they would have been on top of him within 3 seconds. I was powerless. I couldn't stop and I couldn't signal for him to stop. That is only two times, I have many more stories. These are the reasons we throw things at them when they get too close and roost them with our jets when they are 20' off the back of our boats. Sorry if you can't understand, but you will, Grasshopper, you will.

Bob Hostetter
12-31-2004, 06:38 PM
I have a boat, my brother has jet ski's. We both ride/drive both. But, as a group jet skis are a bunch of dumbies who seem to like to try to either hurt someone or damage my equipment. They have little or no respect for other people equipment.
Twice this past year I have had jet skis run into my boat while it was tied off on the beach. No so much as a "sorry dude" as they put a scratch in my very expensive paint job. I have also had them follow in my wake while I was pulling a skier thinking it was funny.
Any harm or pain inflicted on a jet ski is a good thing, especially if it involves sinking the d**m thing...........

hoolign
12-31-2004, 06:48 PM
First of all lose the Hoss off your siggy...there is only one Hoss on here and your not him!!..second of all I don't think inflicting harm on anyone is cool..as much as you do!..blasting them off is one thing but if I thought ida hurt em..iwould have turned around to make sure theyd be ok! suck it up princess!..Your trying to fit in here and your choosing the wrong means!...

Desert Rat
12-31-2004, 06:55 PM
We have a friend who had a rental jetskier put the rented waverunner INTO and I mean INTO their boat. Ran the damn thing right up the back side of their Ultra and stopped in the boat!!. I have had them doing spin outs in the 5mph area were a number of flatties were anchored, that ended up with two jetskiers getting the ass kicked!! It goes on and on. I have owned Seadoo's and Kawi's but I was raised on the water and passed my insight onto my wife and kids while riding them. As stated before it's the lack of knowledge and in some cases the FU attitude of quite a few PWC's that causes me to hoop and holler when someone roosts one!!!!

Beautiful Noise
01-01-2005, 01:05 AM
This is what Happens from another Boater with his head up his Ass,The rude thing was is he didn't even blow me a Kiss 1st :mad: This is my point that there are Idiots driving all type of Boats and PWC so we can't single out just 1 group.............Just be Safe :smile:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/29Parker_Sunken_Boat_2-med.jpg

TheLurker
01-01-2005, 01:14 AM
Buckskin?

Beautiful Noise
01-01-2005, 01:16 AM
ECHO LODGE :smile:

TheLurker
01-01-2005, 01:19 AM
Been at least 10 years since i've been down to Parker. Just might have to make it down there at OP6 time

Beautiful Noise
01-01-2005, 01:21 AM
Just might have to make it down there at OP6 time
That would be a good time to go, Alot of People will be attending OP6 :D

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 01:56 AM
That would be a good time to go, Alot of People will be attending OP6 :D
And Im parking my JET SKI next to you....watch out :)

Bob Hostetter
01-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Hey Hoolign,
1st of all "Hoss" isn't a tag line, its the name that I have answered to for nearly 50 years. If someone on here is using "Hoss" as a tagline, and if its a problem, he/she can pm me and I am sure we can work something out. You on the other hand should mind your business, and continue to hide behind your made up "Tag Line".
2nd, I am not trying to fit in, I am expressing an opinion. I couldn't care less about fitting in with this or any other crowd.
3rd, Jet Ski's, being ridden by idiots, should be banned from all waterways. They cause accidents, damage to other vehicles, to other people, and generally can turn a nice day at the lake into a mess. But you do have a point....Its not the fault of the jet ski, its more the fault of the trailer trash who seem to like to ride them.

RiverRatMike
01-01-2005, 04:40 PM
This is what Happens from another Boater with his head up his Ass,The rude thing was is he didn't even blow me a Kiss 1st :mad: This is my point that there are Idiots driving all type of Boats and PWC so we can't single out just 1 group.............Just be Safe :smile:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/29Parker_Sunken_Boat_2-med.jpg
HAHAHAhttp://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4463P9267491.JPG

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Either that guy is really drunk, or it's not his boat.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Bob, sometimes idiots drive boats too (yes, it's true :D ) It's too bad we can't just ban idiots period from the rivers and lakes, no matter what they drive. The only solution I can see is to require licensing and a test (not an internet one either). Even that won't solve all the problems. but it may help some.

jlnorthrup122
01-01-2005, 05:11 PM
I agree with My Man's Sportin' Wood the local athoraties should set up a mandatory 3day boaters safety course before isueing a license. Like they do for a hunting license! Also I agree with the others on the littering point as well! I remember a few years back these idiots cut off a broken floating ski rope into the lake and just left it in the water and well I didn't see it and took it into my prop and the rest of the day was spent rite there untangling the rope from the lower unit! So it was a bad post but it was funny as hell when I first read it because it was a responce to a post on a Yacht and comercial freighter pirating issue thread on Boatdesign.net The initiating post was asking a gunship desinger why he was waisting the guns of his companies vesel on pirates when he could be using them on jet skiers!!! I thoaght it to be funny of sorts!
So sorry if I pissed anyone off here, but I still hate idiots on PWC's!

Bob Hostetter
01-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Ya, you are right, licensing is probably the way to deal with the problem. And yes, there are also a lot of idiots driving boats as well. (I wonder if they had jet ski's first?)
I have just been pretty much anti jet ski every since an idiot put a big scratch (all the way to the glass) down the side of my 1977 Hallett I had spent 3 years restoring. Prior to that the gel/paint had been prefect and original. Maybe I am just getting old and grumpy...........

Racer277
01-01-2005, 08:51 PM
I have just been pretty much anti jet ski every since an idiot put a big scratch (all the way to the glass) down the side of my 1977 Hallett
Why wouldn't you just be anit idiot?
The original poster of this is obviously an idiot because jet-ski's don't have plastic pumps or impellors. String in the water will have exactly the same effect on Jet Boats that it does on Jet Ski's. Most likely melt enough in front of the impellor and the cavitation will leave you nearly stranded.
Meanwhile, it will effect every type of boat when it gets in the engine's water pump. Ski's don't use an engine water pump.
Don't litter while in my sight.

jlnorthrup122
01-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Origianlly posted by Racer 277:
The original poster of this is obviously an idiot because jet-ski's don't have plastic pumps or impellors
Racer 277 You must be an idiot too because I made no claim to jet skis having plastic pumps or plastic pump impellars!! not to mention that the descriptive of the original post is a quote from another poster on another forum! :hammer2:
and not to mention that you must be a total idiot if your not running a sea strainer as well!!
Also I have never attempted this nor do I plan to! Hell I don't even know if this would even work as explianed to!

Mrs.Racer277
01-02-2005, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE=jlnorthrup122]:
When sucked in the jet pump they melt and heat weld the pump into a solid lump.
Was this not in your original post. Dumb A$$??????
Bottom line you are going to liter and damage other peoples property. Great Idea. Dumb A$$ :hammer2: :mad:

jlnorthrup122
01-02-2005, 12:55 PM
I do beleive the gentleman who I took this from ment in "they" in refering to the strands of the line! and as for littering read my last 2 posts on this subject! :rolleyes:
Also like yourself obviosely, I do not apriciate being called an idiot so if you can't take it don't dish it out!!
this post was supposed to be all in fun! :notam:

Mrs.Racer277
01-02-2005, 12:58 PM
I do beleive the gentleman who I took this from men in they in refering to the strands of the line! and as for littering read my last 2 posts on this subject! :rolleyes:
Also like yourself obviosely, I do not apriciate being called an idiot so if you can't take it don't dish it out!!
this post was supposed to be all in fun! :notam:
If you read I did not "dish it out".
Gee I guess I missed the fun part in it.

Beautiful Noise
01-02-2005, 11:48 PM
Gee I guess I missed the fun part in it.
Can't we all just get Aong :D :D :D :D :D

hoolign
01-03-2005, 08:40 AM
Hey Hoolign,
1st of all "Hoss" isn't a tag line, its the name that I have answered to for nearly 50 years. If someone on here is using "Hoss" as a tagline, and if its a problem, he/she can pm me and I am sure we can work something out. You on the other hand should mind your business, and continue to hide behind your made up "Tag Line".
2nd, I am not trying to fit in, I am expressing an opinion. I couldn't care less about fitting in with this or any other crowd.
3rd, Jet Ski's, being ridden by idiots, should be banned from all waterways. They cause accidents, damage to other vehicles, to other people, and generally can turn a nice day at the lake into a mess. But you do have a point....Its not the fault of the jet ski, its more the fault of the trailer trash who seem to like to ride them.
First off Idiot..you said in your first post to this thread
"Any harm or pain inflicted on a jet ski is a good thing", and since pain can not be felt by an inanimate object such as a jet ski..it makes sense that you are refering to the driver, and that attitude is somthing we don't need on the water, I have knocked a couple guys off jet skis, and when i knew they were o.k I started laughing, they pissed me off, I roosted them, and realized I could have hurt them, made sure they were ok ( they were mad as hell, but that's o.k!)
As for hiding behind my name...it's been a nickname for as long as I can remember.
Finally inserting comments like you did in a thread that revolves around the dislike for jet skis, shows me your trying to fit in, and at over 50 years old one would think you would have a little more maturity, and have somthing more to offer along the lines of dealing with the morons who ride them!so how old are you really.
How's that for minding my buisness? Wannabe Hoss :p

OC-PARTYCAT
01-03-2005, 09:20 AM
Is this place full of whiney bitches or what??

Forkin' Crazy
01-03-2005, 11:02 AM
Lake lice? See avitar!
You're an idiot!
No, you're an idiot!
No, you're an idiot!
No, you're an idiot!
No, you're an idiot!
No, you're an idiot!
No, you're an idiot!
No, you're an idiot!
No, you're an idiot!
No, you're an idiot!
No, you're an idiot!
No, I'm an idiot!
No, I'm an idiot!
No, I'm an idiot!
No, I'm an idiot!
No, I'm an idiot!
No, I'm an idiot!
No, I'm an idiot!
No, I'm an idiot! :boxingguy
Hey, I think they finally got it right!!!! LMAO!!! ;)

Bob Hostetter
01-03-2005, 04:16 PM
Hooligan,
You are right about one thing, I said pain and harm on a jet ski, not to the rider..............apparently the english language is not your strong point. But thats ok, I can type smaller words if it would help.
How old am I? Just a little over 50, does that make a difference? You only pick on guys a lot older then you? How old are you? 12?
I should be more mature? I state a strong dislike for jet ski's, you on the other hand brag about roosting people off of their jet ski's, and I need to be more mature? Dude, you have some serious problems, that can get you thrown in jail, not to mention hurt somebody. Oh, I forgot, you were bragging about getting thrown in jail on another thread. Ya, I need to grow up and be mature like you.............
Trust me, if you are representive of the people on this forum, I really don't want to fit in. I can find poser's and wannabes on any street corner. Hell, I found you and I wasn't even trying.
But you are right, maturity should prevail (sorry about the big words), so if I said something to upset you, I'm sorry.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-03-2005, 04:29 PM
Okay, I'm going for beer and popcorn, anyone want anything?http://www.havasudoug.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/drama.gif

coolchange
01-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Okay, I'm going for beer and popcorn, anyone want anything?http://www.havasudoug.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/drama.gif
Couple a Margs. If I'm gonna get in this I better have something to blame it on.

hoolign
01-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Hooligan,
You are right about one thing, I said pain and harm on a jet ski, not to the rider..............apparently the english language is not your strong point. But thats ok, I can type smaller words if it would help.
____How do you inflict pain on an inanimate oblject??? your're just sidestepping your original comment here! good try!
How old am I? Just a little over 50, does that make a difference? You only pick on guys a lot older then you? How old are you? 12?
_____Actaually 37. older, same age, younger makes no difference to me, You think I'm picking on you??...stick around !
I should be more mature? I state a strong dislike for jet ski's, you on the other hand brag about roosting people off of their jet ski's, and I need to be more mature? Dude, you have some serious problems, that can get you thrown in jail, not to mention hurt somebody. Oh, I forgot, you were bragging about getting thrown in jail on another thread. Ya, I need to grow up and be mature like you.............
___Yes you should be more mature,you claimed you wanted to inflict pain on the jetski????? if in fact your 50 you should have somthing from your years of wisdom to offer, was I bragging about roosting them ??I'm sorry I thought I was comparing what I did to what you want to do..I must be stupid if I could not see that! Bragging about getting thrown jail?? I must have missed that part as well, stickin up for my woman and getting slammed for lookin out for her...Maybe your boyfriend can defend himself..that's you buisness!
Trust me, if you are representive of the people on this forum, I really don't want to fit in. I can find poser's and wannabes on any street corner. Hell, I found you and I wasn't even trying.
____ I won't miss ya, poser what??? wannabe what???
But you are right, maturity should prevail (sorry about the big words), so if I said something to upset you, I'm sorry.
Blah Blah Blah Blah....
____if you condider any word in that short sentence "A big word" you can't be anymore than what ...13 years old?

Dr. Eagle
01-03-2005, 09:08 PM
You know I bet it will work just as well on a stern drive water pump! Brilliant! :)