Newcastle
12-31-2004, 08:25 AM
Where'd you get this info?

Cas
12-31-2004, 08:35 AM
was just watching the news, they were interviewing a Captain with the CHP

Havasu Cig
12-31-2004, 09:39 AM
Not a new law, but tax on a gallon of gas is going up 3 cents.

Ultracrazy
12-31-2004, 09:48 AM
I love the over "100" rule.........hate those friggen speeders.

Wet Dream
12-31-2004, 09:56 AM
Driving in Rain - must have windshield wipers and lights on
Most idiots don't have a clue how much this law helps driving situations. I don't care what color your car is, if you don't have headlights on, it doesn't take much to not see you. Parking lights don't do shit, but headlights are the way to go.

ratso
12-31-2004, 10:01 AM
On the kid deal under 6 being in the back seat...what if you have a regular cab truck or a vette???

Her454
12-31-2004, 10:03 AM
AND IN TENNESSEE, as of January 1st....they are taxing you on your Alcohol, Marijuana, Crank, Cocaine and jail time.

Jordy
12-31-2004, 10:08 AM
AND IN TENNESSEE, as of January 1st....they are taxing you on your Alcohol, Marijuana, Crank, Cocaine and jail time.
And you know this how??? :D :D :D

Havasu Cig
12-31-2004, 10:08 AM
Fuk dude. Its already taxed almost 40 cents a gallon!!
Damn it...
Forensic
Yep, 37.5 cents for gas and 43.5 cents for diesel. Sucks!!!

Her454
12-31-2004, 10:13 AM
And you know this how??? :D :D :D
LMAO, heard it on the radio this morning...................... :rolleyes:

NashvilleBound
12-31-2004, 10:14 AM
Wait a minute now......on my "Crank" too?? Whats this world coming to??? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

76BARRON
12-31-2004, 10:51 AM
and in california....the new law AB2683 starts 4-1-05 stops the rolling 30 year smog exemption on cars and trucks for smog checks. Now it is 1975 model year or earlier and thats it!! No more drop off's each year .76 in 06,77 in 07 and so on. :mad:

Kilrtoy
12-31-2004, 11:03 AM
On the kid deal under 6 being in the back seat...what if you have a regular cab truck or a vette???
Those are the exemtptions, but they must have airbag turns offs or they are not exempt....

shueman
12-31-2004, 11:13 AM
The legal driving age in Cali is going up one year as well...

Kilrtoy
12-31-2004, 11:21 AM
The legal driving age in Cali is going up one year as well...
Where did you hear that :confused:

Kilrtoy
12-31-2004, 11:26 AM
Hybrid cars can not drive in car pool lanes with 1 person
Nope, not that anyone here would own one,
BUT THEY CAN USE THE HOV LANE....

Her454
12-31-2004, 11:32 AM
Where did you hear that :confused:
That was my question also...........?

shueman
12-31-2004, 11:36 AM
My neighbor runs a driving school and told me that effective Jan 8th it's 17yrs old to drive by yourself. My son's 15 and "itchin" to get his permit; now it will be a year later, according to the neighbor...

Kilrtoy
12-31-2004, 11:37 AM
My neighbor runs a driving school and told me that effective Jan 8th it's 17yrs old to drive by yourself. My son's 15 and "itchin" to get his permit; now it will be a year later, according to the neighbor...
That has been discussed, but has not been made into law....

shueman
12-31-2004, 11:50 AM
My baad....just checked the DMV site....here's the new "noise" stuff...
Sacramento – Beginning Jan. 1, 2005, boating law enforcement officials will have a safer and more efficient way to measure and enforce existing maximum noise levels for recreational motorboats.
“The new law makes it easier for law enforcement officers to identify boats that are too loud,” said Raynor Tsuneyoshi, Director of the California Department of Waterways. “It does not change established decibel limits for motorboat noise and it is not more restrictive than existing law.”
The law, authored by Assemblyman George Nakano (AB 1555) and sponsored by the Bluewater Network , updates the enforcement testing protocol for motorboat noise. Developed by the Society for Automotive Engineers, the new method enables officers to measure the boat’s noise level at one meter while the boat is idling. The previous testing method required driving the boat at full throttle though a testing lane. It was seldom used because it was unsafe, awkward and inefficient.
The bill also extends the existing motorboat noise law to include coastal waters within one mile of the coastline. Previous boat noise law only covers inland areas. In addition, boat manufacturers must now put a muffler that ensures the vessel meets existing sound restrictions on all new boats other than those made solely for racing.
A related measure also authored by Nakano (AB 2566) and sponsored by Recreational Boaters of California, makes the vessel’s owner responsible for a motorboat noise violation rather than the operator who may be renting or borrowing the vessel. AB 2566 will also go into effect on Jan. 1, 2005.
“The idea is to make sure the boat owner is the one cited when the boat is not properly muffled because the owner maintains the vessel and makes decisions about how it operates,” explained Tsuneyoshi.
The Department of Boating and Waterways promotes on-the-water safety and helps develop convenient public access to the waterways through programs funded by vessel registration fees, boating fuel tax dollars and boating facility construction loan payments.

Kilrtoy
12-31-2004, 01:58 PM
Guess the price of boats just went up with that law....

HCS
12-31-2004, 02:08 PM
Whos' electing butt holes like George Nakano? A bunch of old farts or something.
And how does he get so much pull to push these bills through?
I hate f'n politics pisses me off! :mad:

HavasuHome
12-31-2004, 02:11 PM
Guess the price of boats just went up with that law....
Some of us have already complied with the new law in California, by having mufflers installed on our boats in '04. And for all of us that travel to Havasu and the river be aware that they may test you there also. A couple of manufacturers I know of personally have already began installing mufflers on their boats. It may add $700 or more to the price of a new boat and now it is not an "option"

shueman
12-31-2004, 04:26 PM
Here's a good law going into effect in TN:
On Jan. 1, 2005, Tennessee will implement its new mandatory boater education law across the state.
This new law passed by the legislature mandates that any person born after Jan. 1, 1989, must show proof of successful completion of a course in safe boating that is approved by the National Association of State Law Administrators (NASBLA) and accepted by the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) before they may operate any vessel subject to registration on any waters in Tennessee.
The Tennessee Boater Education Program involves two main components.
The first component is the course itself. There are many NASBLA approved courses for people to choose from.
The main courses that TWRA will accept will be the U.S. Power Squadron, U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, www.boat-ed.com and the TWRA Boat Tennessee Home Study Course.
There is no cost for some of the courses, while others charge a fee to cover the cost of the materials needed for the course.
The second component of the Tennessee Boater Education Program is that once the student has completed one of the approved courses, he or she must take a 60 questioned monitored exam provided by the TWRA Boating Division.
To gain entry to take the exam the student must first go to any license agent and prepay a $10 fee and the receipt obtained from this transaction will be the student's "ticket" to take the exam.
This $10 transaction receipt is valid until the student passes the exam. If the student does not have this receipt, then the student cannot take the exam.
The 60-question exam takes an average of 40-50 minutes to complete.
When the student passes the exam, he or she will be issued a temporary certificate and a TWRA-issued wallet card will be received within a couple of weeks.
Student may also challenge the exam without having to take the course, but they are still required to pay the $10 fee to gain entry to take the exam.

shueman
12-31-2004, 04:29 PM
... Missouri....
Every person born after Jan. 1 1984, who operates a vessel on Missouri lakes shall possess, on the vessel, a boating safety identification card issued by the Missouri State Water Patrol along with a valid photo I.D. Personal watercraft are considered vessels: i.e. Jet Skis and Wave Runners.
Beginning Jan. 1, 2006 every non-resident boat operator born after Jan. 1, 1984, shall possess a boating safety certification card from their home state, United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, U.S. Power Squadron or the Missouri State Water Patrol. Any person convicted of Boating While Intoxicated, Reckless and Negligent Operation, Failing to Stop on Signal of Water Patrol or Leaving the Scene of a Vessel Accident, shall enroll in and successfully complete, at his or her own expense, a boating safety education course; file with the court proof of successful completion of such course and submit a certified copy to the water patrol; and not operate a vessel until such filing.

PHOTOGLOU
12-31-2004, 06:26 PM
Hope its not a big kid

Tahiti350
12-31-2004, 07:16 PM
Oregon implemented a boater ed law similar to Tennesee's a few years back. I haven't taken it yet as I am old and out of state, but will have to take it soon to be legal in my own state. Probably not a bad thing, you can never know too much (trying to show you know it all sucks though).
GaryB> Tahiti350

In2Deep
12-31-2004, 07:21 PM
I heard it was actually 18 years old to drive solo. Raised age from 16 - 18.

TheLurker
12-31-2004, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE=HARDCORE-SKI]Whos' electing butt holes like George Nakano? A bunch of old farts or something.QUOTE]
Answer : The people in the south bay.
George Nakano from Torrance a Democrat was the Assemblyman in the 53rd Assembly District. He was termed out in the last election and was replaced by Mike Gordon the former mayor from El Segundo. It is said he has his sights on Debra Bowen's Senate seat in 2006. (Political Musical Chairs)
For those of you who like to keep an eye on the "butt holes" I have mentioned both of those names before. They are 2 of the people involved in trying to get the state to take control of the old MCAS El Toro
http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64330&highlight=El+Toro+Airport

Infomaniac
12-31-2004, 08:07 PM
I love the over "100" rule.........hate those friggen speeders.
Is that on the water??? :cry:
Oh yea I lived on MCAS El Toro as a kid. 6th grade. El Toro marine school. Base housing was WWII vintage.

Flashwave
01-01-2005, 09:31 AM
There are a lot of stupid laws on the books thet NEVER get enforced. The boat noise law should be one of them. Cops do have a choice to do nothing as long as they do not get a complaint. It happens every day.
J

Sleek-Jet
01-01-2005, 09:43 AM
Colorado....
It is now illegle to drive in the hammer lane (inside most lane of a divided highway) unless actually passing another vehicle.