PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a JET BOAT!

YOUNG
12-31-2004, 10:18 AM
I am looking to purchase a jet boat. I am trying to find one that is in decent condition with only a pump and trailer, don't need a motor. Would prefer one in the 19-20 foot range. I live in KY and a resonable drive would be fine to pick one up. Any help in locating one would be appreciated.

MarKist
01-01-2005, 08:18 AM
How much you looking to spend?? and don't say as least as possible :D maybe I can find ya something !!
Markist

a catered life
01-01-2005, 09:49 AM
i think jetboat rich just put his up for sale real nice boat in the high desert area pm him

YOUNG
01-01-2005, 01:22 PM
I would like to find one in the $1000 range. There is a guy here town that has a Phoenix,19 foot,trailer(junk) with no motor or interior,but still has a Berk., pump on it. The boat has to have the floor and the stringers redone. He is asking $1200 for it,but told me to make him an offer. As far as the phoenix hull I haven't been able to find any thing out about them. Is this a good hull to use or not a wise choice? Thanks

a catered life
01-01-2005, 03:23 PM
ok your looking to do some rebuilding :redface: hope you got the time and money :supp: good luck

DaveA
01-01-2005, 08:31 PM
I would like to find one in the $1000 range. There is a guy here town that has a Phoenix,19 foot,trailer(junk) with no motor or interior,but still has a Berk., pump on it. The boat has to have the floor and the stringers redone. He is asking $1200 for it,but told me to make him an offer. As far as the phoenix hull I haven't been able to find any thing out about them. Is this a good hull to use or not a wise choice? Thanks
from experience:
If you want to be boating this summer- forget anything that 'has to have the floor and the stringers redone'...unless you own a body shop or something or are retired on a well-funded pension :p . Just be patient- you'll find a decent hull that's complete less motor, with a decent trailer, for similar or more $- and still within reason. Sounds like the Phoenix needs to 'stay in the ashes' (see meaning of name: 'Phoenix') for that amount of money. And the trailer's junk?? Whoa.
You've come to the right place Sonny. Just hang out, and perhaps make your signature line something like "I'm lookin' for a jetboat project" and something decent will pop up outa the woodwork. We'll be looking for one also- I'd hate to see you get bogged down in a money-pit.
Markist, what's your thoughts, considering your experience???
DaveA

YOUNG
01-02-2005, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the feed back. I am in no hurry to jump into one right now. I already have a 99 Baja that we use at the lake,but I am just wanting something to play with and to give me something to work on. I am going to start on building a motor and just keep looking for a hull during this time hpefully I will find one sometime.

MarKist
01-02-2005, 04:15 PM
from experience:
If you want to be boating this summer- forget anything that 'has to have the floor and the stringers redone'...unless you own a body shop or something or are retired on a well-funded pension :p . Just be patient- you'll find a decent hull that's complete less motor, with a decent trailer, for similar or more $- and still within reason. Sounds like the Phoenix needs to 'stay in the ashes' (see meaning of name: 'Phoenix') for that amount of money. And the trailer's junk?? Whoa.
You've come to the right place Sonny. Just hang out, and perhaps make your signature line something like "I'm lookin' for a jetboat project" and something decent will pop up outa the woodwork. We'll be looking for one also- I'd hate to see you get bogged down in a money-pit.
Markist, what's your thoughts, considering your experience???
DaveA
I couldn't agree more DaveA!!you hit the nail on the head!!our eyes will be open YOUNG :)
Markist