PDA

View Full Version : Numbers

FlatRat
12-31-2004, 06:57 PM
Is there anyway to remove the painted on numbers on the side of the boat?I just picked up a 75 Howard painted by Vail's Custom Colors.The paint is good shape but I to remove the Reg. #'s to re-registster here in Montana.Thanks upfront.

FlatStupid
12-31-2004, 07:46 PM
Is there anyway to remove the painted on numbers on the side of the boat?I just picked up a 75 Howard painted by Vail's Custom Colors.The paint is good shape but I to remove the Reg. #'s to re-registster here in Montana.Thanks upfront. Try Easy Off oven cleaner. Used it on my trucks not bad on the paint if you stay on top of it!

sanger rat
12-31-2004, 08:25 PM
Did you read this? http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55109

FlatRat
01-01-2005, 05:11 AM
Thanks,
I thought I saw something on this somewhere.But,won't that Graffitti Remover take the paint off under the #'s?I suppose if you don't let sit for too long.

T-Bag
01-02-2005, 11:09 AM
Another option is to take it to an airbrusher or painter and have them airbrush something over it and them put your #'s. I did this ona boat and it looked ok. I had the guy airbrush a steel plate over the old #'s and put my new ones inside the plate....

ssmike
01-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Another option is to take it to an airbrusher or painter and have them airbrush something over it and them put your #'s. I did this ona boat and it looked ok. I had the guy airbrush a steel plate over the old #'s and put my new ones inside the plate....
Was that on the DCB....? BTW, where oh where do they let you store that up on Mullet Mountain...

BILLY.B
01-04-2005, 07:36 AM
Try Easy Off oven cleaner. Used it on my trucks not bad on the paint if you stay on top of it! Mask off around the area that you don't want the oven cleaner to get on and spray away. Don't let it stand on there to long. Use a bondo spreader to remove the paint that the oven cleaner attacks. I move side to side so I don't saturate one concentrated area. Move back and forth until it's gone. Polish the area to remove any dullness and re-letter. Good luck.