PDA

View Full Version : 525EFI What Mufflers Pass? Any first hand?

CJ
01-01-2005, 01:07 AM
So the dreaded Marina tested my boat and at idle and at AZ distance (3-5 yds?), I failed with a 96db reading. Then he mentioned the Cali test will be more restrictive, testing me at 1 meter, failed, 104db.
So now that people are actually passing the tests, what mufflers are passing on the 525EFI? And I'm sure the readings would be different with built in steps v. wide open transoms. I have the built in step with the echo chamber beneath!
Eliminator was testing recently but I have yet to hear and Hot Boat will come out with their tests in the March issue, I hear, but I want to get rolling with this. Aint that just my luck that when I can finally afford a strong motor, now I can't legally run it!!!

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 01:14 AM
So Eliminator has no clue how to help a customer with this problem.
I know alot of other boat builders have this already solved....

CJ
01-01-2005, 01:19 AM
They had a suggestion a few weeks ago which I am researching. Maybe I'm speaking to the wrong guy? I'll call Bob Monday.
Hell . . . who has the solution? That's why I'm here. Let me and any of the other 525'ers know.

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 01:25 AM
rex marine has a few options for you, its at the top of the page.
they claim to not take any HP away. Eliminator should already have the answer because any boat they sell from this day forward MUST have mufflers, or they can get fined BIG time.....

CJ
01-01-2005, 01:35 AM
They probably know as I haven't asked in a couple o' weeks. Hell they better know. I have been in Havasu squeezing the last few hours of my first loud motor out.
I plan on talking to Mike very soon about their silencers. I have heard from one that they work on my motor, but don't want to get it wrong. Too damn expensive. I have also heard from a few that the Gattlins are successful.
I would like to see what people are doing tho. I'm sure I'm not the only one asking and the more successes we hear about, the better educated we will be. So far there has been a lot of talk but no substantial evidence of success.

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 01:40 AM
it should cost you no more than 1k on the expensive end.
I have been seeing between 700 and 900 installed.....

CJ
01-01-2005, 01:55 AM
That's what I was thinking. The Rex ones look real nice, but supposedly the Gattlins slide in just behind the stock tips. Do you know who makes the Gattlins?

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 02:02 AM
No clue, The shockwave has thru hull , but it is water line so it passes and the new boat, well it will have no problem passing and no mufflers....

dexman38
01-01-2005, 02:36 AM
o.k kilrtoy new boat will pass without mufflers ? hmm will it be a electric motor. :idea:

plaster dave
01-01-2005, 02:39 AM
No out boards I would Guess. :D

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 02:41 AM
o.k kilrtoy new boat will pass without mufflers ? hmm will it be a electric motor. :idea:
The wife was sure you saw the sticker on the back window today, I guess not..... :idea:

dexman38
01-01-2005, 02:50 AM
nope did not see.

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 02:54 AM
Guess you are still in the dark then

dexman38
01-01-2005, 02:56 AM
yep thats me :cry:

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 03:02 AM
yep thats me :cry:
LOL :cool: :cool:
hey and tell your bro-in-law, to stop coming around his little sis is a big birl now and knows what she is doing, just cuz he isscared of the water...... ;)

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
01-01-2005, 03:33 AM
Wtf

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 03:38 AM
WHAT, what are you doing up...

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
01-01-2005, 03:43 AM
just got back from a party, time to got to bed

Boatcop
01-01-2005, 10:01 AM
because any boat they sell from this day forward MUST have mufflers, or they can get fined BIG time.....
Don't bet on it.
California has required that boat and engine manufacturers install devices to make sure they comply with noise regs for decades.
That law has never been enforced, which is why we're where we are today.
The manufacturers will continue to build and sell boats and engines with minimal or non existant noise supression installed, because that's what the public wants. There is no fear of enforcement because who's going to enforce it?
A lake cop on Havasu or Elsinore or Castaic doesn't have the authority to go cite Eliminator or other boat makers for not putting in mufflers, and the Corona (or other city where the shop is) cops and courts could care less.
And the owners can't claim that "this is how I bought it" to get out of a cite, since there's a separate law that says the owners are responsible for noise violations.
If push comes to shove and the State actually cracks down on the manufaturers, look for the exodous of boat builders to Arizona, just like what happened with the oppresive air quality standards several years ago.
But I really can't see the State putting a lot of effort into policing boat / engine builders and boat dealers. With California's budget woes, there's more important things for the Attorney General's Office to worry about.
It'll be a buyer beware situation, with the builders throwing their customers to the wolves.

mickeyfinn
01-01-2005, 10:12 AM
If there is a law stating boat builders are required to comply with noise regulations then anyone owning a boat with power supplied by the builder has the right to sue the manufacturer for selling the a boat not in compliance. You don't have to have a "law enforcement" agency looking after this. All it would take is one class action suit from a group of owners to force them into compliance. I would guess that the builder would be responsible for reimbursing the boat owners for fines paid due to non-compliance, as well as retrofitting the boat with mufflers that would bring them into compliance. Of course they would only be responsible for bringing the boat into compliance with laws that were in existence at the time of sale. Also if the boat sales agreement did not specifically state a top speed or HP to be delivered to the prop the builders could bring you into compliance very easily if power robbing automotive type mufflers could be used. At this point I don't think it is wise for everyone to go jumping on the boat manufacturers or the hi performance industry as a whole will suffer. If probably would be wise if you are in the process of purchasing a new boat to make sure your sales contract specifies either the top speed you are expecting or the HP to be delivered to the propshaft. (out put shaft for you jet guys).

WaterBox
01-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Don't loud boats and the people that own and drive them have rights too? On a summer weekend here on Havasu if you have 500 boats on the lake I doubt any of them are complaining about noisy boats.. So who is it doing the complaining? and don't we out number them? I just don't get it. :burningm:

CJ
01-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Ok, as much as I appreciate the clarification of the law, which I think most of us know by now, can someone answer the question?
Who has a 525EFI and has successfully installed mufflers to comply with the laws of AZ? CA? What did you install.
I wish we could start answering these questions. The people with higher hp motors will have more difficulty complying and will need to help each other out a bit more than the smaller quieter engine owners.
Boatcop, any knowledge of successful compliance and what they used to do it? Especially on the 525.

OutCole'd
01-01-2005, 10:55 AM
Chris, the only ones that I know for sure passed the test are the Rex Mufflers on Havasu Dreamin's Essex Alandra with a 525.

Rexone
01-01-2005, 11:16 AM
Chris, the only ones that I know for sure passed the test are the Rex Mufflers on Havasu Dreamin's Essex Alandra with a 525.
That's correct. Contact Havasu Dreamin. We have a few others on 525s too but I'm not sure if they are forum members or not. Search the other muffler threads (there are a bunch), there's alot of info on this already on the forum on who has already purchased silencers.
Also as stated above, transom configuration will and does have a significant effect on readings. Also proximity of tips to the water line for the idle test. Every boat is different. I cannot emphasize that enough. A given reading on HD's Essex for example will not correlate to an identical reading on a boat with the same engine but different transom design configuration.
As far as the boat manufacturers stepping up several already have. As stated above even the manufacturers that initially balk will like come around as soon as a couple of their customers get noise tickets in their new boats and complaints and / or lawsuits over it evolve or some manufacturer is forced to buy a new boat back over it. I don't see manufacturer compliance as a problem that will be significant very long if customers of new boats start receiving tickets.

OGShocker
01-01-2005, 11:20 AM
We put a set of REX Mufflers on our Whippled Dana. Now the boat is quieter than our truck. :notam: :cool:
Dana Boats mount the Rex Muflers as STANDARD equipment!

WaterBox
01-01-2005, 11:30 AM
We put a set of REX Mufflers on our Whippled Dana. Now the boat is quieter than our truck. :notam: :cool:
Dana Boats mount the Rex Muflers as STANDARD equipment!
Probably took half the fun out of boating too! :(

Boatcop
01-01-2005, 12:04 PM
Probably took half the fun out of boating too!
I don't see much fun in hearing loss.
Why is it that half the hot boaters out there seem to enjoy disturbing everyone else within hearing range. There's no excuse for it, now that technology has the ability to quiet exhaust with no significant HP or speed loss.
What is the attraction to having the majority of the lake users looking at you with disdain, not to mention getting the attention of every Marine Patrol Officer?
Someone mentioned their "rights". Your rights end when they infringe on the rights of others, who would rather not have their ear drums broken when you roar by. Not to mention their right to demand that others comply with the duly enacted laws.

mickeyfinn
01-01-2005, 12:27 PM
I don't see much fun in hearing loss.
Why is it that half the hot boaters out there seem to enjoy disturbing everyone else within hearing range. There's no excuse for it, now that technology has the ability to quiet exhaust with no significant HP or speed loss.
What is the attraction to having the majority of the lake users looking at you with disdain, not to mention getting the attention of every Marine Patrol Officer?
Someone mentioned their "rights". Your rights end when they infringe on the rights of others, who would rather not have their ear drums broken when you roar by. Not to mention their right to demand that others comply with the duly enacted laws.
A lot of us LIKE the sound of LOUD BIG cubic inch motors. I didn't read anywhere where someone said what happened to our rights to deafen others or what happened to our right to offend the majority of boaters.
As for "the majority of the lake users looking at you with disdain" I seriously doubt that. When I hear people make statements like this it always reminds me of my wife when she says "they say this or they say that"...WHO THE HELL IS THEY????? and in this case where are the polls. I would agree that there are a lot of people who like the sound of big cubes, I believe that there are a majority of people who could care less and then an even smaller minority of people who would like to see all of our high performance toys taken away from us. I believe that the noise laws are written by people to cater to a very small minority of people who are very vocal. The problem is that once a law has been passed it takes more than the small minority to get it repealed. The majority of people probably don't care either way.
As for getting the attention of LE on the lake why should that bother anyone? When I first got my boat I was pulled over everytime a new LE saw me on the lake. Full safety checks. I finally asked one of them why they pulled me over and was told "you look faster than me so I figure now I can just mail you a ticket". About halfway through the first summer I got to know all the LE on the lake and they saw that we were not coming out acting stupid or drinking, just having fun and making a speed run occasionally. By the end of the season the LE would hear us in the cove we played in and would actually come over and say something like "hey there is a little jetboat a few coves over, why don't you go and run him". It was all good.
The whole noise issue on the water seems more like a easy way of the elected officials pandering to a few wealthy people who live along the lakeshore than a problem at all.

Boatcop
01-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Don't loud boats and the people that own and drive them have rights too?
I (and my boss) are the ones who field the dozens of complaints every weekend from that minority you speak of. This isn't about some mythical "they". This is about real people who ask that the law be enforced. They aren't tree huggers, or radical birkinstock wearing enviro-nazis. They are ordinary people who come to the Lake and River to enjoy themselves, same as you.
Our waters play host to a wide variety of boaters and other users. Jet-skiers, fisherman, wakeboarders, skiers, etc., in addition to the "Hot-Boats". When people complain about them doing something unsafe, or in violation of the law, we listen and do what we can to stop those operations. If there weren't any complaints, and the particular operations didn't result in accidents, we wouldn't bother.
We arrest and prosecute drunk boaters. Ticket unsafe or reckless jet-skiers, wake boats throwing up excessive wakes, boats traveling too fast, AND boats emitting excessive noise.
We don't allow one segment to get away with violating the law, so why should there be an exception to a very small segment of the boating community?
There are several million boats registered and used in Arizona and California. I would estimate that those in the "Hot-Boat" category number in the low thousands, if that.
Why should the "minority" dictate to everyone else what is acceptable conduct on public waterways?

mickeyfinn
01-01-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm not saying that LE is wrong for enforcing the laws. I am just saying that in my opinion the laws are written at the request of a minority. Even with the large number of complaints you get I fail to believe that they represent a majority. It would be interesting to put that particular law on a ballot with a yes/no/don't care and see how it would fare.

beer hunter
01-01-2005, 01:17 PM
Bill, I have also installed the Rex silencers on my 2003 Shockwave Tremor w/496HO and it does come in just under the max db limit...as tested be Essex502 :) This boat was almost at 102 db (I think) before the installation :)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8824&stc=1

Havasu_Dreamin
01-01-2005, 05:11 PM
As Outcoled and Rex pointed out, we have the Rex Marine Silencers and we have passed the test at the marina, which is a bogus test to begin with, and we have also passed the more restrictive California law that just went into effect today. We are extremely pleased with the results of the Rex Marine Silencers and would recommend them to anyone. The construction is first class and second to none in quality.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Probably took half the fun out of boating too! :(
Actually, we like it better with the silencers installed. The motor still sounds throaty/beefy but now we can talk in the cockpit without yelling like we had to prior to having them installed.

CJ
01-02-2005, 09:48 AM
Thank you Mike, Dreamin' and the others with more direct info. I know others have talked about it. I have been a pretty active reader over the last month and seems all the talk was like BoatCop put it in this thread, "law, law, law". No offense at all Boatcop, but I know the law and the why and the when.
I wanted guys with actually application. Guys with 525's to step up with their direct real-world experience. I think there should be a few threads like that. Maybe a culmination of the info spoken about in the 100 plus response threads. There needs to be a quick reference. Maybe Hot Boats March issue will be just that, maybe not. It's not out yet and the law is in effect.

CJ
01-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Mike, you may know of the Eagle rear step. You see, I don't want to pay 700-1000 dollars and fail, just to start all over again. Jim at the Marina had a couple stories about guys who did just that.
I have already spent enough money on my boat!

amw
01-02-2005, 10:02 AM
i have a 525 just put gatlins, in the muffler is 16 in long did the full blue print of the cmi at imco should be good half of it is in the boat imco is the maker of gatlins they have clamp on but there only 12 in the more the better plus i dont have a swim step so 12 in looks stupid thats why i did the full blue print
talk to dave at imco

CJ
01-02-2005, 10:15 AM
i have a 525 just put gatlins, in the muffler is 16 in long did the full blue print of the cmi at imco should be good half of it is in the boat imco is the maker of gatlins they have clamp on but there only 12 in the more the better plus i dont have a swim step so 12 in looks stupid thats why i did the full blue print
talk to dave at imco
Now that's what I'm talking about. AMW, how many db's did the Gattlins take you down? I wouldn't mind so much bolt on. I wouldn't mind opening up in the ocean every once in a while.

amw
01-02-2005, 10:29 AM
sorry cj dont know what there going to bring it down but when they db me at the marina against that f^*& concrete wall i was 96 with 16 in of gatlins should have no problem talked to a guy with a 28 ft elim dayt and he had twin blown motors he said he had no prob launchig from the marina with both motors my havy machanic does a htm 1150 hp and the guy has gatlins no prob quiet launches from the marina but i know all applications i refering to are full blueprints from the header so all 16in by 5in is used not clamp ons they also have a mega muffler wich i guess is good u have more option with the swim step u dont have to woory to much about looks i have a dcb f26 525 dave has been doing all 29s with the gatlins they all go to imco for the blueprint it should be good

CJ
01-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Thanks AMW. Tell us how it all works out when you are tested.

amw
01-02-2005, 10:40 AM
hey cj just when i get a motor i can hear and appreciate they do this to us ha ha ha ha i read your first post no sh&^ there is a 27 ft hallet on the cover of oct powerboat in the article the pic of it running u can see that the hallet has imco mega mufflers

WaterBox
01-02-2005, 10:44 AM
A lot of us LIKE the sound of LOUD BIG cubic inch motors. I didn't read anywhere where someone said what happened to our rights to deafen others or what happened to our right to offend the majority of boaters.
As for "the majority of the lake users looking at you with disdain" I seriously doubt that. When I hear people make statements like this it always reminds me of my wife when she says "they say this or they say that"...WHO THE HELL IS THEY????? and in this case where are the polls. I would agree that there are a lot of people who like the sound of big cubes, I believe that there are a majority of people who could care less and then an even smaller minority of people who would like to see all of our high performance toys taken away from us. I believe that the noise laws are written by people to cater to a very small minority of people who are very vocal. The problem is that once a law has been passed it takes more than the small minority to get it repealed. The majority of people probably don't care either way.
As for getting the attention of LE on the lake why should that bother anyone? When I first got my boat I was pulled over everytime a new LE saw me on the lake. Full safety checks. I finally asked one of them why they pulled me over and was told "you look faster than me so I figure now I can just mail you a ticket". About halfway through the first summer I got to know all the LE on the lake and they saw that we were not coming out acting stupid or drinking, just having fun and making a speed run occasionally. By the end of the season the LE would hear us in the cove we played in and would actually come over and say something like "hey there is a little jetboat a few coves over, why don't you go and run him". It was all good.
The whole noise issue on the water seems more like a easy way of the elected officials pandering to a few wealthy people who live along the lakeshore than a problem at all.
:idea: THANK YOU Mickyfinn. :D For a while I thought I was the only one that felt that way... :rollside:

Havasu Hangin'
01-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Chris...the slip-ins and bolt-on options are also going to depend on what type of pipes/tips you have.
For example, you probably can't use a long slip-in with short tips and a bend to the risers.

mickeyfinn
01-02-2005, 11:04 AM
:idea: THANK YOU Mickyfinn. :D For a while I thought I was the only one that felt that way... :rollside:
I suspect that there are a lot of folks feel that way. Problem is the performance boating group has no way of voicing their opinion in a meaningful way. Once the laws are in place they are pretty much there to stay. Political pandering to the money is something that is a fact with not much we can do about it. We are a comparitively small group of people and getting more and more outnumbered on the water every day. Guess we just have to live by the rules they give us. Seems that any group that is no longer the majority loses ground. The sandbar issues that came up last year are an example. No law enforcement issue, just the fact that families that used to enjoy the sandbar for good clean weekend fun were over run by the party til you puke and the sex exhibitionist crowd. (not that I have a problem with either group, just wouldn't consider it a good atmosphere to the kids) That crowd moves in and people have to make a decision to put up with it and subject their kids to it or go elsewhere. Kind of the same position the noise laws puts people in. Either put up with it and find ways to comply or find somewhere else to go. Unfortunately for those of you being affected right now it means leaving the state with your boat. Too bad there is not a large lake for sale that some boating organization could purchase and leave it wide open, of course if the boating groups had that kind of cash to spend the laws wouldn't have been passed to start with since they could have effectively lobbied against them.

amw
01-02-2005, 11:24 AM
cj check out ggb mufflers there good as well

Schiada76
01-02-2005, 11:36 AM
I (and my boss) are the ones who field the dozens of complaints every weekend from that minority you speak of.
Why should the "minority" dictate to everyone else what is acceptable conduct on public waterways?
Well which is it? "Dozens" is by far the minority. How many of the dozens are repeat whiners?
Alan, How many people hit the strip on a weekend? 5,000, 10,000, 15,000????
There is not one person I know who has ever complained about loud boats on the strip. No one.
Boats don't "deafen" people when they "roar" by. Give me an effin break.
We understand it's the law and you are sworn to enforce it, no argument there. You don't however need to justify it with bullshit.
Respectfully. BP

WaterBox
01-02-2005, 11:43 AM
Actually, we like it better with the silencers installed. The motor still sounds throaty/beefy but now we can talk in the cockpit without yelling like we had to prior to having them installed.
Yea, But now I can't hear ya running from the house. :D :D

burtandnancy
01-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Many, many (many) years ago, I built a twin engined, hi compression, wild cammed boat with race headers (jacketed but dry inside). Looking back, I was without doubt the most obnoxious guy on Lake Mead but it did sound bitchen to me back then. You could hear me coming for miles. I've since grown up and appreciate what everyone is going thru to quiet things down somewhat. Glad there are guys like Rex, IMCO and others who are developing the mufflers that the various states will accept. Now, Lake Havasu Marina is a whole different story...

WaterBox
01-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Many, many (many) years ago, I built a twin engined, hi compression, wild cammed boat with race headers (jacketed but dry inside). Looking back, I was without doubt the most obnoxious guy on Lake Mead but it did sound bitchen to me back then. You could hear me coming for miles. I've since grown up and appreciate what everyone is going thru to quiet things down somewhat. Glad there are guys like Rex, IMCO and others who are developing the mufflers that the various states will accept. Now, Lake Havasu Marina is a whole different story...
What is it B. Grown up or just gettin OLD, ;) Hell Im 50+ and Love it LOUD. :D

Keith E. Sayre
01-02-2005, 04:35 PM
CJ--check you pms.
As for the discussion about the noise etc. etc. I believe that the most
troubling part of the noise deal is that I live in Arizona, not California, I didn't
get to vote for the pansy that wrote the new law. The commie that is in
office because of the financial backing of the Blue Water people who are nothing more than rich old unhappy people who love to stir the pot. He's
the same politician that admitted in an interview that he has never been
to our river. Getting back to my gripe--I now will be forced to alter the
exhaust on my boat to comply with a law that I didn't get to vote for nor
did I vote for or against the pansy that wrote the law.
The other part that really gets me steamed is that for 30 to 40 years, the
"hot boaters" were forced to come to the river (a 250 mile drive for most)
in order to play with their loud fun boats. Now that the river area is being
overrun with old people, they want to change it to make it just like the little
pond back home. What I want to know is, since our medicare money is buying them all hearing aids, how is it that they can hear the noise so well
if they're mostly deaf?
I've never heard anyone complain about boat noise except the guy at the
marina and you all know about him. Once again, 20,000 boaters on the lake and the river will get to spend $1,000 or more and change something that
we don't want to change so that a few white haired rich folks can sit at their
million dollar condo and not be disturbed by those of us that have been here
30 or 40 years. I think that they ought to hit the road and leave us alone.
Keith Sayre

burtandnancy
01-02-2005, 04:40 PM
Keith, love the part about medicare buying me hearing aids, can't wait...

Schiada76
01-02-2005, 08:45 PM
marina and you all know about him. Once again, 20,000 boaters on the lake and the river will get to spend $1,000 or more and change something that
Keith Sayre[/QUOTE]
Hey WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!
That sounds to close to the truth for some of the people around here to stomach! :eek: :eek:
Since so few fng aholes want to complain I DEMAND Boat Cop opens a special LOUD NOISE COMPLIMENT LINE! That way when someone ROARS by with a sweet big block we can call and let LE know how much we appreciate it! That will make a huge difference I'm sure. :hammerhea

plaster dave
01-02-2005, 08:59 PM
It's not boatcops fault it's his job. BTW I do have a big HP motor too.

CJ
01-02-2005, 09:03 PM
All the local oldies certainly love to come out to the launches and watch us loud younguns make mistakes at the channel. That must be the other dozen who don't complain. :D :D

Havasu_Dreamin
01-03-2005, 10:01 AM
Mike, you may know of the Eagle rear step. You see, I don't want to pay 700-1000 dollars and fail, just to start all over again. Jim at the Marina had a couple stories about guys who did just that.
I have already spent enough money on my boat!
Keep in mind that what the marina is doing is NOT in accordance with the AZ law.

havasuready
01-03-2005, 10:06 AM
572 with IMCO silencers and I passed at the marina no problem. however, $1000 SUCKS!

Havasu_Dreamin
01-03-2005, 10:10 AM
For what it's worth, we are at 88 dbs with the Rex Marine Silencers per the new CA law.

bunny 166
01-03-2005, 10:32 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2066IMG_0353.JPG Hi guys...read through all this and I'm curious if you think the Conquest will pass? :rolleyes: Not sure how low it sits in the water---we have a 525SC in it. :cool: thanks, bunny :cool:

phebus
01-03-2005, 11:09 AM
Bunny, it loks like your getting down to business with your boat. Are you guys doing the work, or what shop is? That exhaust looks like it exits pretty low, curious to see if it is below waterline, and what db's you are at with the blower motor.

phebus
01-03-2005, 11:16 AM
Looking at it again, and comparing the exhaust heigth in comparison to the outdrive, I'm pretty sure your exhaust will exit above the waterline. Here is a picture of my transom for comparison, and the exhaust on my boat exits just below the water at idle. Your's looks higher.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1753cat_007-med.jpg

bunny 166
01-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Bunny, it loks like your getting down to business with your boat. Are you guys doing the work, or what shop is? That exhaust looks like it exits pretty low, curious to see if it is below waterline, and what db's you are at with the blower motor (575 SC right?)
Hey Phebus! The boat is at Pat's fiberglass in Upland now, then on to Prime Marine for rigging, etc. After to Dave's custom interior. Too much money, I'm telling you!!!! We have a 525SC; Mercruiser made a stock blower motor then. (1996) It has 490hp. We just bought the boat and I'm not sure how loud it is or if the exhaust is at the water line or under? Was wondering if other Conquest owners have had any probs?? How about your boat ??( P. S. --Phebus When's the surgery?? Let me know if you need anything...) Off to kindergarten now with Brett but be back after 3:00 :rollside: :rollside:

WaterBox
01-03-2005, 07:56 PM
CJ--check you pms.
As for the discussion about the noise etc. etc. I believe that the most
troubling part of the noise deal is that I live in Arizona, not California, I didn't
get to vote for the pansy that wrote the new law. The commie that is in
office because of the financial backing of the Blue Water people who are nothing more than rich old unhappy people who love to stir the pot. He's
the same politician that admitted in an interview that he has never been
to our river. Getting back to my gripe--I now will be forced to alter the
exhaust on my boat to comply with a law that I didn't get to vote for nor
did I vote for or against the pansy that wrote the law.
The other part that really gets me steamed is that for 30 to 40 years, the
"hot boaters" were forced to come to the river (a 250 mile drive for most)
in order to play with their loud fun boats. Now that the river area is being
overrun with old people, they want to change it to make it just like the little
pond back home. What I want to know is, since our medicare money is buying them all hearing aids, how is it that they can hear the noise so well
if they're mostly deaf?
Keith Sayre
That is exactly the point I was trying to make in post 21... WE HAVE RIGHTS TOO !!!!!!!

Thunderballs
01-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Kilrtoy, you bad mouth Eliminator with regards to their knowledge about mufflers, but you failed to name "which builders" have solved the muffler question. You say you know plenty. Well, out with it! With 13,000 plus posts it looks like you run your mouth without much to say. If you have real knowledge about the muffler question, let's hear it! Otherwise keep your posts centered on something you do have knowledge about, like "how many ounces in a 12 ounce beer can". :hammerhea

rivrbrat
01-19-2005, 06:03 PM
They had a suggestion a few weeks ago which I am researching. Maybe I'm speaking to the wrong guy? I'll call Bob Monday.
Hell . . . who has the solution? That's why I'm here. Let me and any of the other 525'ers know.
Hey a friend of mind got an entire new hull from Bob after referring to him as Bayliner Bob!!!! Maybe you're not calling him by the right name...

rivrbrat
01-19-2005, 06:16 PM
Noise, why don't we just cut right to the chase. The problem is Carbon Monoxide. Ever since Lake Havasu City Fathers decided to close the Sandbar they have been trying to fix the problem of too many boats in the Channel at any given time.