PDA

View Full Version : Advice on a cat

MarkK
01-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Hey everyone - I am switching over from a 29V into a cat. I have been getting info on DCB, Eliminator, Force. Any advice would be great from anyone - I want the most bang for my buck! :D

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 08:26 PM
If you are looking for bang for buck, Force will be hard to beat....
Looked at all of them and as far as rigging and service DCB cant be touched....
My opinion only, Eliminator is not what it used to be....
let us know what you are getting

convincor
01-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Kiltroy, in your opinion, what are the things Eliminator used to do that they do not do now? Being from the East, I don't know alot about there history. As far as cats go there are not alot of choices here. They seem to be a good company.
Any other opinions?

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 08:44 PM
I just dont think their rigging is what it used to be, they have grwon to be for their own good. When I called and had questions it took two days to even get a call back.....

kidstuf
01-02-2005, 10:00 AM
I just dont think their rigging is what it used to be, they have grwon to be for their own good. When I called and had questions it took two days to even get a call back.....
kilrtoy - eliminator has been around for a long time... 36 years to be exact... over that period of time we have changed to meet the needs of our current customer, so you could say that we are not what we used to be, but to say that we have grown to be for our own good is far from the truth... we have one of the most aggressive r&d programs in the industry, but most importantly we have grown to be where we are today because of our happy and loyal customers.

Charley
01-02-2005, 10:37 AM
kilrtoy - eliminator has been around for a long time... 36 years to be exact... over that period of time we have changed to meet the needs of our current customer, so you could say that we are not what we used to be, but to say that we have grown to be for our own good is far from the truth... we have one of the most aggressive r&d programs in the industry, but most importantly we have grown to be where we are today because of our happy and loyal customers.
I dont want to get into a heated debate about this again, but I will say from what I have heard and seen... Eliminator is definitely confronting and tackling some "issues" that may have been "problematic" a few years ago..... The reality is they are very capable of putting out an extremely nice product from the 909 location, but they also sell bare hulls to many others and the control on the rigging process is lost.. I think getting Rob King involved in re-design was a great move on thier part, as well as getting Tony from DCB in the rigging dept....
I personally still like the lines of the Mach series over the Daytona series, but I'm just a big DCB Cheerleader :)

pleasantcat
01-02-2005, 10:39 AM
very well put!
i've been nothing but happy dealing with eliminator.i had a boat from another manufacturer and never from day one did i get the service i get at eliminator.as far as product... i've yet to see any negative press on a boat they build.that's my opinoin from owning a daytona.

Keith E. Sayre
01-02-2005, 06:11 PM
If you're coming to the LA boatshow, stop by and see our new 28' Boss Cat.
It's a totally redesigned bottom with 2 steps and lots of speed! The tooling
was done by Scott Kornowki, he did the E ticket boats and the Nordic molds
in the late 90's. Very talented tooler. I've had several people comment that
it is the best looking cat they've ever seen. I'm hoping that they're not stroking us! We put a 525 with an ITS box and a shortie Imco lower on it
and it ran 86+ mph on gps with 4 guys in it half full of gas and in smooth
sticky water. It's a 90+ mph boat with that 525 package! No porpoise and
it turns like our deckboat! Super trick bottom! I'll post a picture or two tommorrow morning at work.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
928-680-1400

phebus
01-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Can't wait to see the pictures. This is an exciting time of the year. There should be a lot of nice new model boats at the L.A. Boat Show. I can't wait, and plan on going a couple of days.

Charley
01-02-2005, 09:37 PM
it is the best looking cat they've ever seen. I'm hoping that they're not stroking us! We put a 525 with an ITS box and a shortie Imco lower on it
it turns like our deckboat! Super trick bottom! I'll post a picture or two tommorrow morning at work.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
928-680-1400
That sounds super impressive.... congrats Keith!

don johnson
01-03-2005, 06:57 AM
As well, I have been nothing but happy with Eliminator. Bob Leach has dedicated personal time and attention to any issue I had. He has always been available and returned calls promply.

Havasu Cig
01-03-2005, 10:18 AM
I spent new years with Tony from Eliminator and we talked about some of the boats they have been working on and from what he told me I would definitely give them a look.
Conquest is also another boat I would look at if I was looking for a west coast boat. Keith is a straight up guy that will give you the straight story on their boats, and conquest definitely does a good job.
DCB is DCB and their boats speak for themselves. Look at all the boats, go for a ride in them and see what kind of deal you can work.

ELIMINAT THIS
01-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
928-680-1400
Keith E. Sayre= Is that a twin or single. If it is a 28' single with stock 525 power running 90+ mph ( no disrespect but I would have to see it to believe it ) my next boat would be a 28' boss cat with out a question if you guys are getting 90+ with stock 525 power.

Blownboat
01-03-2005, 11:22 AM
I LOVE ELIMINATORS!! :D

ChumpChange
01-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Hey everyone - I am switching over from a 29V into a cat. I have been getting info on DCB, Eliminator, Force. Any advice would be great from anyone - I want the most bang for my buck! :D
Not any advice on the manufacturers but I will advise you to check out insurance rates prior to switching to a cat. It'll surprise you at the difference.

NorCalCat
01-03-2005, 11:58 AM
I was in the same "boat" as you last year. I was looking for te best bang for my buck and I did look at just about all the companies with in my budget. I went with a Force 29. The quality is top notch, the service is fantastic, so you could say I am happy with my purchase. And performance wise, is what really pushed me to Force. Drive a few and you will notice the difference. You don't loose sight of the horizon when coming on plane, and it actually leans inside when turning. It is a very soild boat.
PM me if you have any questions.

Three Days Only
01-03-2005, 12:08 PM
Not any advice on the manufacturers but I will advise you to check out insurance rates prior to switching to a cat. It'll surprise you at the difference.
Now thats good advise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huckleberry
01-03-2005, 01:08 PM
Once you have made up your mind on which boat and power you want, this is a MUST! I nearly crapped when I heard what my rates went up to! It is much better knowing up front what you're looking at for insurance, instead of waiting til its nearly finished and then scrambling around for insurance only to find there are only a few that will write a policy. And, those that will write a cat policy are very "proud" of their coverage.

Huckleberry
01-03-2005, 01:09 PM
Oh, and I agree you can't go wrong with the Eliminator or Force. DCB is also a great boat, but a tad bit on the pricey side.

RiverDave
01-03-2005, 01:24 PM
I just dont think their rigging is what it used to be..
You know I don't have the time to go snooping around all the mfg's every other month like I used too.. But I've seen some pics of new eliminators getting built.. doesn't seem like the rigging is to shotty to me?
Kidstuff, did you guys hire a machinist or soemthing?
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6710
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6711
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6712
RD

1faster
01-03-2005, 02:58 PM
I am on my second Eliminator, and I have been nothing but happy. When the time comes, I will upgrade to another one. I currently have a 25' Daytona, and I like it better than any other boat, and I've ridden in most mfg. boats. :smile:

Kilrtoy
01-03-2005, 03:38 PM
I am speaking on two seperate occasions on when a friend was trying to buy one and I was with him everytime and when I am currently am trying to buy one. The level of service was nowhere what I would expect when I am about to drop that kinda cash. That is why I did not buy an Eliminator. The boats that I have seen and NO NOT THE ONES THAT RD POSTED, the ones that everday people buy from the 40K to 80K range were lacking in my opinion. Those boats should be just as nice as the pics RD posted. And if you feel the level of serive is ok , then stand by that, I am not a customer and it is because the attention that I received, or should I say lack there of.........

ChumpChange
01-03-2005, 04:50 PM
I am speaking on two seperate occasions on when a friend was trying to buy one and I was with him everytime and when I am currently am trying to buy one. The level of service was nowhere what I would expect when I am about to drop that kinda cash. That is why I did not buy an Eliminator. The boats that I have seen and NO NOT THE ONES THAT RD POSTED, the ones that everday people buy from the 40K to 80K range were lacking in my opinion. Those boats should be just as nice as the pics RD posted. And if you feel the level of serive is ok , then stand by that, I am not a customer and it is because the attention that I received, or should I say lack there of.........
I'm going to have to agree with Kilr. The boats under $100,000 just don't seem to be rigged the same as the Daytonas that cost $250,000. It's unfortunate but that's the way it just is.
We priced out a 28 Eagle that was comparable to what we got on our Dana and it was some $40,000 more. Then the sales guy informs me that the trailer is going to cost me even more. That made me walk out right there. Besides ocean cruisers, what kind of boat doesn't come with a trailer these days?

Goodtime$
01-03-2005, 05:19 PM
The LA Boat show is weeks away, it is the perfect time to check shit out and talk prices. all show but bring your dough.
Conquest has a new Boss Cat, Forces are great, Eliminator has the biggest selection, DCB tops, Ultras 27 has never looked better, Orion has two different tunnels to chose from available at the LA show.
Best of luck, shopping is fun.

BoatFloating
01-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Hell just come out and say it already.... The bush is beat up enough....
You bought a
DCB now get off Dave's sack already......
The Cult has another cheerleader.... Between you and Charley I don't know if Dave's sack can hold you guys..... :2purples:

Kilrtoy
01-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Hell just come out and say it already.... The bush is beat up enough....
You bought a
DCB now get off Dave's sack already......
The Cult has another cheerleader.... Between you and Charley I don't know if Dave's sack can hold you guys..... :2purples:
Hi Ricky, welcome back home.......
you can never beat the bush enough,
Does this mean I cant hang with "D" row

BoatFloating
01-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Hi Ricky, welcome back home.......
you can never beat the bush enough,
Does this mean I cant hang with "D" row
Migirl,
Sure you can hang with us..... We always need someone to make us drinks.
:)
Just no Koolaide..... :crossx:

Kilrtoy
01-04-2005, 12:52 PM
how about a hawaiin punch :D
Thanks big guy...i knew i could count on you....

boatnutjim
01-04-2005, 01:15 PM
What did they used to be? I haven't in this industry forever, but the last few years speak for themselves, and in my personal opinion there is only one cat to own and that is an Eliminator, not only because I am a dealer but if you walk around a show, look in the booths see who is busy writing and who is standing around. DCB's are beautiful but bang for buck in my opinion goes to Eliminator. They are the world leader in custom performance. They have extremely high consumer ratings, and are constantly trying to find ways to stay on top. Most boat makers when they get to the top, kind of sit back and relax. Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents.

Charley
01-04-2005, 01:15 PM
... Between you and Charley I don't know if Dave's sack can hold you guys..... :2purples:
maybe thats why you have an after shock .... there is only so much weight one ballsack can take and with an ass like yers, theres only room for one
DOHHHHHHHH!

OutCole'd
01-04-2005, 01:18 PM
What did they used to be? I haven't in this industry forever, but the last few years speak for themselves, and in my personal opinion there is only one cat to own and that is an Eliminator, not only because I am a dealer but if you walk around a show, look in the booths see who is busy writing and who is standing around. DCB's are beautiful but bang for buck in my opinion goes to Eliminator. They are the world leader in custom performance. They have extremely high consumer ratings, and are constantly trying to find ways to stay on top. Most boat makers when they get to the top, kind of sit back and relax. Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents.
Thanks for the impartial view......

boatnutjim
01-04-2005, 01:19 PM
Sorry :sqeyes:

Charley
01-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Jim..... is this a joke or are you really completely uninformed?

boatnutjim
01-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Charley, in a way yes. I'm a personal fan of Eliminator, first boat we ever owned was an Eliminator, but if they weren't around, I'd go DCB. Just an opinion. Just like I'm ford friendly, but if they weren't around I go Chevy. DCB's are sleek boats, but I've never had one on the water. Force wouldn't be a consideration for me.

andy01
01-04-2005, 01:35 PM
I have to agree with Charley on this one. The Mach Series from DCB in my opinion is the best looking of the three. I think Dave will give you the best value for your dollar in service and boat.
Andy

jackpunx
01-04-2005, 01:45 PM
I dont know if Im opening a can of worms.. but.. How come the east coast guys are not jumping in on this?..
are you looking for customer service?
quality?
speed?
rigging?
bling?

Charley
01-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Charley, in a way yes. I'm a personal fan of Eliminator, first boat we ever owned was an Eliminator, but if they weren't around, I'd go DCB. Just an opinion. Just like I'm ford friendly, but if they weren't around I go Chevy. DCB's are sleek boats, but I've never had one on the water. Force wouldn't be a consideration for me.
that's fair Jiim ..... I guess my point is that there are truly quite a few comparable choices in this arena and as a dealer it's only fair for you to have your bias.... RE: DCB vs Eliminator .. the reality is, depending on how you make your deal, you can usually get a DCB for very comparable price to the "like" model eliminator... sometimes less, and I'm not talking about just my deal, I'm talking about negotiations in general.
In fact, to prove my point I'd like to see if you will publicly quote a price on a 30 daytona with twin 496 HO's, XR drives, a basic stereo with a trailer within this thread. If I can't get the same deal on a comparable F-29 I'll buy yo Dinner ;)
I'm not trying to take anything away from the progress Eliminator has made (bless you brandie ;) ) I will say it again.... i see progress and Eliminator and all of the loyal following should be proud!

Charley
01-04-2005, 01:53 PM
I dont know if Im opening a can of worms.. but.. How come the east coast guys are not jumping in on this?..
are you looking for customer service?
quality?
speed?
rigging?
bling?
and i agree with that too , there are a slew of east coast boats that could get tossed into the mix here too....

Kilrtoy
01-04-2005, 01:57 PM
What we are throwing east coast in here, I already bought my boat and now this. :cry:
Charley it is gonna be a busy june for ya, as I have seen.... :)

OutCole'd
01-04-2005, 02:01 PM
What we are throwing east coast in here, I already bought my boat and now this. :cry:
Charley it is gonna be a busy june for ya, as I have seen.... :)
When you gonna spill the beans?

BoatFloating
01-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Holding value huh........
Let's see a 28 DCB Extreme new with a 575 is around $150K so you wait a year and you can have the same boat for HALF that.... :idea:
Boat's don't hold their value. I know of a F29 that the owner is selling for 20K less than what he paid for it to unload it..... :squiggle:

BoatFloating
01-04-2005, 02:11 PM
When you gonna spill the beans?
Let's see........ 26' with a couple windows and something to make Margaritas... :messedup:

jackpunx
01-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Let's see a 28 DCB Extreme new with a 575 is around $150K so you wait a year and you can have the same boat for HALF that.... :idea:
Boat's don't hold their value. I know of a F29 that the owner is selling for 20K less than what he paid for it to unload it..... :squiggle:
hhhmmm.. some do.. I have an 01.. the only ones you can find out there that anyone is selling is only 10-15k less than what they cost new.(stock power)..
but for the bigger boats.. your probably right..

OutCole'd
01-04-2005, 03:37 PM
Let's see........ 26' with a couple windows and something to make Margarits... :messedup:
What, a U-haul with a Mariachi band in the back?????
Am I supposed to be some kinda Genie??

BoatFloating
01-04-2005, 04:19 PM
What, a U-haul with a Mariachi band in the back?????
Am I supposed to be some kinda Genie??
Think of the "Cult"

OutCole'd
01-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Think of the "Cult"
OH, I get it now.. wink, wink.

mbrown2
01-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Most Bang for the buck is very subjective....if you told me you wanted the cheapest boat, I would point you to a couple of used cats that I think are solid deals (ie: more depreciate hit cause folks want to get out of them)...
Of the boats, mentioned above I can only speak for two since I have owned both an Eliminator and DCB's....Can't speak on Force, but a number of their owners on here have been treated well and they like their boats.
On Eliminator and DCB, both have treated me very well after I bought the boats, and I bought the Eliminator used through Lavey Craft, and Eliminator still treated me well and took care of me, like free cushions that I damaged..
DCB has also done a great job taking care of me after the sale...and the build of the 2nd boat was pretty phenom too....a number of things one off or 1st time and they were happy to do them and the boat speaks for itself.
I would not steer you away from DCB or Eliminator...both build great boats, but the look of the DCB was why I went with them..(looks are subjective)...if they would have had the 25 Daytona with Canopies when I wanted a Canopy boat, it would have been a closer choice, but I probably still would have ended up with the F26..

BoatFloating
01-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Most Bang for the buck is very subjective....if you told me you wanted the cheapest boat, I would point you to a couple of used cats that I think are solid deals (ie: more depreciate hit cause folks want to get out of them)...
Of the boats, mentioned above I can only speak for two since I have owned both an Eliminator and DCB's....Can't speak on Force, but a number of their owners on here have been treated well and they like their boats.
On Eliminator and DCB, both have treated me very well after I bought the boats, and I bought the Eliminator used through Lavey Craft, and Eliminator still treated me well and took care of me, like free cushions that I damaged..
DCB has also done a great job taking care of me after the sale...and the build of the 2nd boat was pretty phenom too....a number of things one off or 1st time and they were happy to do them and the boat speaks for itself.
I would not steer you away from DCB or Eliminator...both build great boats, but the look of the DCB was why I went with them..(looks are subjective)...if they would have had the 25 Daytona with Canopies when I wanted a Canopy boat, it would have been a closer choice, but I probably still would have ended up with the F26..
This is why I like Mike so much, he doesn't need to need to say how builder A is better than builder B. He tells you the reasons he likes the boat. I guess he hasn't drank the Koolaide yet. Mike's F26 is a great boat of his fleet of 3 and he has that thing dialed. As always Mike avoids the the fray......

Havasu Hangin'
01-04-2005, 04:49 PM
This is why I like Mike so much, he doesn't need to need to say how builder A is better than builder B. He tells you the reasons he likes the boat. I guess he hasn't drank the Koolaide yet. Mike's F26 is a great boat of his fleet of 3 and he has that thing dialed. As always Mike avoids the the fray......
I agree. Ya gotta respect a guy who doesn't bash another builder "because his friend's cousin's brother-in-law drove one once"... :notam:

BoatFloating
01-04-2005, 05:08 PM
I agree. Ya gotta respect a guy who doesn't bash another builder "because his friend's cousin's brother-in-law drove one once"... :notam:
Pipe down Jolly Green......:sleeping:
I said I like the Howard V Bottom better just to be different. Put any fires out on a back of a boat lately or change the steering around in a boat?????

mbrown2
01-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Huh?...You talking about me? I owned an Eliminator until a couple months ago... :confused: :)

riverroyal
01-04-2005, 06:42 PM
our MAGIC deck,cat bottom, is amazing,not cheap but not as bad as others,Id say do some research,,,pm me if needed

SHOTKALLIN
01-04-2005, 06:45 PM
What about force? is a force cat really in this group?

BoatFloating
01-04-2005, 07:45 PM
What about force? is a force cat really in this group?
Why not?????

Sandbar Mike
01-05-2005, 08:46 AM
Force, Lavey, Carrera are nice cats at great values.
If your shot with dollars buy the eliminator or DCB, If I had the extra 60-70k I would have bought the DCB 29 or Eliminator 30. In the longer run, I'm glad I didn't, In resale I would have taken a bigger hit, Insurance would have been more $$. It's different strokes for different pockets. All in all, they are all great boats.
BY THE WAY
(THIS POST IS VOID IF KID STUFF CAN GIVE ME A GREAT DEAL ON AN ELIMINATOR 30 IN THE NEAR FUTURE) :D
Shotkallin, what type of Cat do you have?

andy01
01-05-2005, 09:17 AM
the reality is, depending on how you make your deal, you can usually get a DCB for very comparable price to the "like" model eliminator... sometimes less, and I'm not talking about just my deal, I'm talking about negotiations in general.
I will agree with this. I looked at a 25' Daytona three years ago now, and bought a Mach 26'. Rigging had nothing to do with it. The boat was to be rigged by GT. I checked out both companies in the package I wanted and a fully rigged boat. The prices were very very close, like with in a couple of thousand dollars. The funny thing is I came home from the river after spending the weekend in Riverlivers Daytona......... I was ready!!! I stopped at Eliminator on the way home, "we'll have to call you with a price tomorrow" Three days later..... I call... "we'll have to call you back" (Who was I dealing with? Dan.) I finally get a price before speaking with DCB, I figure it sounds pretty good so I go ahead and firm things up with him as to what it was exactly. Everything the way I want it. I get in touch with Charley and ask him how he liked dealing with Dave and DCB......(I know crazy question right) So he puts me in contact with Dave the next moring. So I follow up with Dan @ Eliminator on time line. I was wondering how long the Gel would take and lay up........well "GEL?" You are getting a white boat???????????? What????????? I said I wanted the boat in the showroom, but since they wouldn't sell it to me (because it was built in Havasu or something, it's a board members boat on here now) I had told him five times that is what I wanted.......... "Well that is going to cost another six to seven thousand." By now I was done with this place. I called Dave at DCB he asked what I was after........... I told him......... He listened and said okay let me put a price together and call you back. Okay great now I have to wait for this guy to call me back......... 15 minutes later my cell phone rings it's Dave, goes over everything qoutes me a price and gives me a time line.......... I drove down to El Cajon that night and give him a deposit! I have tried to buy a Daytona THREE times. Once a long time ago a 25. A 19' 4 years when I built my Ultra and when I bought my 26' DCB. I will never set foot in there again. And the funny thing is, I have built three new boats in four years......... Eliminator could have had a good customer. I am 31 years old and plan on buying a lot more boats.......... and bigger. BTW I am very happy with the service I am now getting for Spectre Power Boats. But that is not in this thread.
I totally agree with you............make that three
Andy Holthe <---------- Tell Dan I said hello kidstuff

SHOTKALLIN
01-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Force, Lavey, Carrera are nice cats at great values.
If your shot with dollars buy the eliminator or DCB, If I had the extra 60-70k I would have bought the DCB 29 or Eliminator 30. In the longer run, I'm glad I didn't, In resale I would have taken a bigger hit, Insurance would have been more $$. It's different strokes for different pockets. All in all, they are all great boats.
BY THE WAY
(THIS POST IS VOID IF KID STUFF CAN GIVE ME A GREAT DEAL ON AN ELIMINATOR 30 IN THE NEAR FUTURE) :D
Shotkallin, what type of Cat do you have?
I'm window shopping. Won't be financially ready for about a year. I have alot of irons in the fire right now. I'll be buying my first boat and honestly I'm not sure it will be a cat. I've never driven one or riden in one. Doesn't matter I still want one bad. :D I just know that when I'm ready to buy the insurance dealio might be an issue. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
I was at Force a couple of weeks back and I was impressed with what I saw. Refering to Johns all white 29. I've been to DCB , Eliminator, etc.... just looking and trying to educate myself. I asked about Force because the resale value seems to be a little low. Not looking for an Investment but I would like to retain as much value for when I would like to trade up or sell. On the other hand the lower resale value maybe nice for buying used.
something like this might not be bad for my first boat. :idea:
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/7/77252767.htm

pleasantcat
01-05-2005, 08:26 PM
I LOVE ELIMINATORS!! :D
very well said "non" blownboat guy :D

roln 20s
01-05-2005, 08:35 PM
"I've had several people comment that
sticky water. "
I was not stroking Keith at all when I stood there starring at the new Boss Cat-- it was absolutely beautiful. I can't express the smooth, sleek and bad ass look of this cat enough, and a very trick engine hatch. I think its a great lake/river boat and one that should be on many's shortlist. By the way, I can verify the GPS at 86mph, I got to hit the recall. So you can take that for whatever it is worth. Its gonna be a great cat, and a huge seller for Conquest.
As for the original question: I think you get a lot of boat for your money at Force. Nice lines, good quality, and a solid boat--many individuals from this site have great personal experiences. I know that Dano always took care of everyone.
Eliminator, I have ridden in a ton of Daytonas, all have been super nice and the numbers all speak for themselves--Sean's (pleasantcat) 25 daytona just ran 118mph...not too shabby. I have been through their factory a couple of times and was just there at the beginning of December. Meet with Tony and got to speak with Bob for a few...definately nice boats, proven and always one to be looked at. I saw Bob's 36 personally, the pics do it no justice.
DCB- personally, I think they are super nice boats. The rigging and detail work is superb. Owners rave on it, magazines always put it out, and it continuously standouts..not too mention you get an endless supply of zipties (had to put that in-hehe).
You can't go wrong with any- to each his own. They are all nice boats.
Roln 20s

pleasantcat
01-05-2005, 08:42 PM
hey rolin' come get this thing out of my rvparking!!! ya know ya want it. gel is all glossy, new guages, lots of engine :D time to become an owner!!!

Jrocket
01-05-2005, 09:23 PM
hey rolin' come get this thing out of my rvparking!!! ya know ya want it. gel is all glossy, new guages, lots of engine :D time to become an owner!!!
What year and how much?

Sandbar Mike
01-06-2005, 07:26 AM
I'm window shopping. Won't be financially ready for about a year. I have alot of irons in the fire right now. I'll be buying my first boat and honestly I'm not sure it will be a cat. I've never driven one or riden in one. Doesn't matter I still want one bad. :D I just know that when I'm ready to buy the insurance dealio might be an issue. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
I was at Force a couple of weeks back and I was impressed with what I saw. Refering to Johns all white 29. I've been to DCB , Eliminator, etc.... just looking and trying to educate myself. I asked about Force because the resale value seems to be a little low. Not looking for an Investment but I would like to retain as much value for when I would like to trade up or sell. On the other hand the lower resale value maybe nice for buying used.
something like this might not be bad for my first boat. :idea:
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/7/77252767.htm
Shotkallin
I'm with you, John's boat is unreal. Bad ass without a rubrail!
Regarding re-sale, That 2001 Force is selling for 75K, it probably cost him 80K for the boat in 2001! I think the resale value is pretty dam good.

BoatFloating
01-06-2005, 08:48 AM
Shotkallin
I'm with you, John's boat is unreal. Bad ass without a rubrail!
Regarding re-sale, That 2001 Force is selling for 75K, it probably cost him 80K for the boat in 2001! I think the resale value is pretty dam good.
I agree on resale. Prices really started moving up the last couple years.

DaveTic
01-06-2005, 10:01 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6710
Saw those engines up at GT Performance, almost 1500 hp each. Gary told me they were going in Bob's personel poker run boat. This must be it (BAD ASSH).

Starloans
01-06-2005, 10:49 AM
BoatSinking,
Are you serious???????????????
If you are, you are a FN idiot!!!!!!
Where the F do you shop for boats???????????? Huh?????????
Do you only read the magazine and make a comparison?????????
Do you even own a FN boat????????????
I have a 28 Extreme with a 525. I doubt it will go down 50% in value in 10 years much less 1-2. Neither will an Eliminator or Force
Before that I had a DCB 24 Extreme that I bought for $40K and sold for 39.5K two years later. The original paperwork was still with the boat and the orig sales price was $42.5K.
Your stupidity overwelms me. Now I have to go. I think I have a loose zip tie.
Signed,
Cultmember

NorCalCat
01-06-2005, 11:30 AM
Well put!
All the boats mentioned here are great boats. Go talk to all of them and drive them as well. You will be suprised. :smile:

Bling Bling
01-06-2005, 12:08 PM
You could just buy a Nor-tech, Skater, Mti, Spectre, just a thought. :D :D :D :D

Blownboat
01-06-2005, 12:48 PM
very well said "non" blownboat guy :DHEY IT WAS BLOWN!!!!GUESS I WILL HAVE TO MAKE UP FOR IT WITH THE NEW BOAT!!!!!!! :)

Charley
01-06-2005, 12:52 PM
BoatSinking,
I have a 28 Extreme with a 525. I doubt it will go down 50% in value in 10 years much less 1-2. Neither will an Eliminator or Force
Before that I had a DCB 24 Extreme that I bought for $40K and sold for 39.5K two years later. The original paperwork was still with the boat and the orig sales price was $42.5K.
Signed,
Cultmember
:cry: Must wipe pee pee off front of jeans :cry: ....... oh Rocky ....... dont I look like a pussy cat now?? MEOW

unleashed
01-06-2005, 12:54 PM
You could just buy a Nor-tech, Skater, Mti, Spectre, just a thought. :D :D :D :D
HAHAHAHAH another East Coast wannabe. Go back to Florida Biatch! :D
By the way these two said you are the biggest Biatch for not making the drive to Glamis. You better sac up big boy Glamis season is running out.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/249nw17.JPG
Deano
Unleashedclothing.com (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

unleashed
01-06-2005, 12:56 PM
BoatSinking,
Signed,
Cultmember
Damn Rocky, Starwars is all over your shit Mr. Italiano...I hope you're in a good mood!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

Charley
01-06-2005, 12:57 PM
ya...... whatever you nine ball..... I hear yer flakin on my party cause you are afraid to come out to the river and lean into the stix for a day ...... makes you think... do any canadians hold any records outside of hockey and moosehumping??

Bling Bling
01-06-2005, 01:19 PM
I'm gonna make you or Deano happy next weekend. I was thinking of doing both but a ride back with Deano after drinking all day could be very painfull. Wait..... I wonder if he swallows.

unleashed
01-06-2005, 02:49 PM
I'm gonna make you or Deano happy next weekend. I was thinking of doing both but a ride back with Deano after drinking all day could be very painfull. Wait..... I wonder if he swallows.
Im sorry Bling but Im already taken besides I think Scotty to Hotty would be upset. Hey I will leave for Glamis Thursday night ride mostly friday and friday night. Do a morning run maybe..than head out to Charleys party about 10 or 11 than back by 6 for a good night run to Olds. Bling your more than welcome in my truck the only problem is the border patrol might pull us over as I think Rocky is coming with us.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

BoatFloating
01-06-2005, 04:40 PM
BoatSinking,
Signed,
Cultmember
Stardorks,
Listen up I let you slide with the name calling before but don't let Charley and I joking with each other make you think you can have a free rein with calling me a FN idiot, you dumbass. We know each other and so do many members that are in this forum Cats and Tunnels. I don't know you and you me, so leave the colorful adjectives in your thoughts.
So to answer some you great questions here we go....
I never take anything too serious from the internet especially from Cult members because it's their way or the highway.
Same place as you Toys R Us
Uh yes, I'm on my 5th a Cat that's why I'm in this forum Mr V bottom guy. I have sold them all thru private parties and not traded them in. Let me spell it out for you sport from the DCB web site that you cult guys call the bible.
Price: $102,500
Model: 2003 DCB Extreme 28
Engine: Mercury 575sc
Drive: XR
Features:Open bow, with Mercury 575sc, XR drive, dual ram hydraulic steering, billet hydraulic tabs, bluewater indicators, GPS speedo, digital depth gauge, low profile bimini, DCB phase 4 stereo with hard wired remote and 10 disc CD changer, full dust cover, Extreme triple axle trailer with low profile package, aluminum wheels, mounted spare, stainless fenders.
So this boat is at the most 2 years old and they're asking $102,500 what was that boat sold for in 2003? So right there I would say that is at least $50K+ off the orginal selling price. So if you can negotiate well or one of Dave's buddies you can get this boat for $88K + tax and license. So what are we up to now off the selling price???
What did you pay for yours????
The old owner of this boat was trying to sell it for over a year plus because he wanted the F29 so he traded it in. So if Dave is willing to let it go for $88K then what do you think he gave the owner? So why do you think he couldn't sell it??? Over priced???? Used????? Not a big market for the 28 Extreme???? I sure don't see a lot of those at the lake.
Uh no, this info came from a friend that was looking to buy it from DCB.
(I know HH another friend. Maybe you should try and be nicer to get a couple)
You DCB guys don't think so since it's not a DCB
Some boats hold there value. It's all about supply and demand and how bad the owner wants to get into another boat. The the owner of the boat I talked about above couldn't wait.. Case in point, my last boat was a deck boat was very popular when I sold last year so I did well on it. Boat before that was a 23 V :yuk: and I wanted a Cat bad so I let it go cheaper so I could move fast on a new boat. The boat before that was a 20' V :yuk: open bow and wanted to go bigger but was in no rush so I sold it for what I bought it for 4 years before. My first boat a Kona I bought for $3K and sold for $8K so I did good on that except the motor work never paid for itself.
Well I'm glad I make some kind or impression on you. Now the zip tie comment was funny, try more of that next time. So if you looking for the Chine walking V bottom section ask Kilrtoy, Migirl will be happy to show you where it's at. :)
Signed,
Cultmember
See funny again... I think your understanding the use of these forums.
Puke, may the "Force" be with you. :lightsabe
Now let' have some fun..... :rollside: :smile:

Kilrtoy
01-06-2005, 06:37 PM
LISTEN HERE YOU F***** MEXICAN /ITALIAN ELVIS IMPOSTUER.
Just becasue I am getting fat and have TWO chins, doesnt mean I know where a CHINE section is...
and second, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS DCB CULT YOU SPEAK OF
and third since you are such a good BULLSHITER, can you sell my boat for me, PLEASE :D :D

Starloans
01-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Stardorks,
Listen up I let you slide with the name calling before but don't let Charley and I joking with each other make you think you can have a free rein with calling me a FN idiot, you dumbass. We know each other and so do many members that are in this forum Cats and Tunnels. I don't know you and you me, so leave the colorful adjectives in your thoughts.
So to answer some you great questions here we go....
I never take anything too serious from the internet especially from Cult members because it's their way or the highway.
Same place as you Toys R Us
Uh yes, I'm on my 5th a Cat that's why I'm in this forum Mr V bottom guy. I have sold them all thru private parties and not traded them in. Let me spell it out for you sport from the DCB web site that you cult guys call the bible.
Price: $102,500
Model: 2003 DCB Extreme 28
Engine: Mercury 575sc
Drive: XR
Features:Open bow, with Mercury 575sc, XR drive, dual ram hydraulic steering, billet hydraulic tabs, bluewater indicators, GPS speedo, digital depth gauge, low profile bimini, DCB phase 4 stereo with hard wired remote and 10 disc CD changer, full dust cover, Extreme triple axle trailer with low profile package, aluminum wheels, mounted spare, stainless fenders.
So this boat is at the most 2 years old and they're asking $102,500 what was that boat sold for in 2003? So right there I would say that is at least $50K+ off the orginal selling price. So if you can negotiate well or one of Dave's buddies you can get this boat for $88K + tax and license. So what are we up to now off the selling price???
What did you pay for yours????
The old owner of this boat was trying to sell it for over a year plus because he wanted the F29 so he traded it in. So if Dave is willing to let it go for $88K then what do you think he gave the owner? So why do you think he couldn't sell it??? Over priced???? Used????? Not a big market for the 28 Extreme???? I sure don't see a lot of those at the lake.
Uh no, this info came from a friend that was looking to buy it from DCB.
(I know HH another friend. Maybe you should try and be nicer to get a couple)
You DCB guys don't think so since it's not a DCB
Some boats hold there value. It's all about supply and demand and how bad the owner wants to get into another boat. The the owner of the boat I talked about above couldn't wait.. Case in point, my last boat was a deck boat was very popular when I sold last year so I did well on it. Boat before that was a 23 V :yuk: and I wanted a Cat bad so I let it go cheaper so I could move fast on a new boat. The boat before that was a 20' V :yuk: open bow and wanted to go bigger but was in no rush so I sold it for what I bought it for 4 years before. My first boat a Kona I bought for $3K and sold for $8K so I did good on that except the motor work never paid for itself.
Well I'm glad I make some kind or impression on you. Now the zip tie comment was funny, try more of that next time. So if you looking for the Chine walking V bottom section ask Kilrtoy, Migirl will be happy to show you where it's at. :)
See funny again... I think your understanding the use of these forums.
Puke, may the "Force" be with you. :lightsabe
Now let' have some fun..... :rollside: :smile:
Uhhhhhhhhhhh..................you actually have friends??????????????
Word.
Why you making this all complicated??????????
The first question I ask was if you are serious. All you had to do is say no and disregard everything else. :)
You take everything too serious!!!!!!!!!! :D

BoatFloating
01-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhh..................you actually have friends??????????????
Word.
Why you making this all complicated??????????
The first question I ask was if you are serious. All you had to do is say no and disregard everything else. :)
You take everything too serious!!!!!!!!!! :D
Ok... No...... Now were on the same track. See how easy that was....
;)

BoatFloating
01-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Oh by the way is it summer yet..... :notam:

Jrocket
01-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Cheese and rice Rocky...you have to be the King of quoting. :D

mbrown2
01-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Oh by the way is it summer yet..... :notam:
Its only a downhill ride away....time to get the props and boats tuned up and get that 35gal drum of oil....
Its gonna be on like donkey kong..

Jrocket
01-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Its only a downhill ride away....time to get the props and boats tuned up and get that 35gal drum of oil....
Its gonna be on like donkey kong..
You gonna drive the chick magnet this year or the wake maker? :D

mbrown2
01-06-2005, 10:41 PM
You gonna drive the chick magnet this year or the wake maker? :D
Both....early morning pulls on the malibu with hangover, and afternoon sprints in kitty...If only gas were 1.50 again... :D

Jrocket
01-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Both....early morning pulls on the malibu with hangover, and afternoon sprints in kitty...If only gas were 1.50 again... :D
Dude I've only scene the hot rod running twice all year.Scene the wake maker 24-7 out there....well mostly tied up at the bar but still.

Bling Bling
01-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Stardorks,
Not a big market for the 28 Extreme???? I sure don't see a lot of those at the lake.
:
Charlie was saying that once the 28 howard bullet came out, that's what ended the 28 extreme. I don't know, but the DCB master seems to always be right. :D :D

mbrown2
01-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Dude I've only scene the hot rod running twice all year.Scene the wake maker 24-7 out there....well mostly tied up at the bar but still.
I was trying to give the bar a pull :cool: :rollside: ....I mainly been taking the F to the lake....really hard to stretch the legs on the river on any given weekend between mid June to Sept....every weekend of the summer the kids are out of school is pretty packed on the strip...just get tired of getting off the gas...the wakemaker is built for the low speed cruising shit..

Jrocket
01-06-2005, 11:38 PM
I was trying to give the bar a pull :cool: :rollside: ....I mainly been taking the F to the lake....really hard to stretch the legs on the river on any given weekend between mid June to Sept....every weekend of the summer the kids are out of school is pretty packed on the strip...just get tired of getting off the gas...the wakemaker is built for the low speed cruising shit..
I need to get my boat done so I can run with ya on the lake.

Sandbar Mike
01-07-2005, 07:25 AM
Ok... No...... Now were on the same track. See how easy that was....
;)
Rocky,
Thanks for the entertainment this morning! Previous post's well said. LMAO :devil:

Charley
01-07-2005, 09:17 AM
Charlie was saying that once the 28 howard bullet came out, that's what ended the 28 extreme. I don't know, but the DCB master seems to always be right. :D :D
(cheesy canadian accent)hey hey now ay

BoatFloating
01-07-2005, 10:06 AM
LISTEN HERE YOU F***** MEXICAN /ITALIAN ELVIS IMPOSTUER.
Just becasue I am getting fat and have TWO chins, doesnt mean I know where a CHINE section is...
and second, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS DCB CULT YOU SPEAK OF
and third since you are such a good BULLSHITER, can you sell my boat for me, PLEASE :D :D
Hey I'm a bullshiter just not a miracle worker. Who wants to buy a slow, chine walking, rough riding small V Bottom :yuk: ......
I'm just joking.... You'll sell it just after boat show when the buyers see how much a new one will cost them. :cry:

Roxysnow
01-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Hey I'm a bullshiter just not a miracle worker. Who wants to buy a slow, chine walking, rough riding small V Bottom :yuk: ......
I'm just joking.... You'll sell it just after boat show when the buyers see how much a new one will cost them. :cry:
Just park the boat in the parking lot of the boat show with a big FOR SALE sign on it! :D

Kilrtoy
01-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Does that mean you'll do it.... :) :) :)
The quicker you do this the quicker i can begin to prospect for the D row GANG

BoatFloating
01-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Does that mean you'll do it.... :) :) :)
The quicker you do this the quicker i can begin to prospect for the D row GANG
I'll put the word out there for you. I'd hate to see you have 2 boats.
:D D Row is always looking for more drunks. :cool: